Star Trek Enterprise Bk. 02 - Inherit Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Who's the captive now?" he asked with a wicked grin, then planted a kiss on her lips.

"You may have me at a disadvantage... for the moment." she conceded with a laugh. Archer released her hands and pulled her to him, the two resting their foreheads against each other. his mouth was about to claim hers again when the captain's communicator suddenly chirped, interrupting the moment. Reluctantly he let go of Danaë and rolling to one side he sat up and dug the communicator out of his discarded pants pocket. He looked down at the small piece of technology and could see that it was Admiral Forrest. He knew he should answer, but at that moment there was only one other person he was even less interested in talking to, and that was Soval.

He slipped the communication back into his pocket then began to pull his underwear and pants back on. Danaë did the same, as their once playful romantic mood became quiet and somber. Neither could imagine being out there among the stars without the other and yet both were also keenly aware that there was still a problem to be dealt with.

"What are we going to do about Starfleet and how are we going to handle being on a ship together?" she asked softly as she fastened her bra and pulled her shirt back on. Danaë knew she needed to hear the answer, but she was afraid of what it would be. Regardless of their feelings, neither could change reality. Under the circumstances, she was expecting him to say that she would need to be reassigned and stay here on Earth. Perhaps she would be sent to help finish getting Columbia ready. As she fastened her shorts she imagined just how awkward things would be between her and Captain Hernandez if that happened. Perhaps she would get lucky and be put on some other assignment.

"Tomorrow, I want you to report to the Enterprise and we continue just as we always have... at least for now," he answered, reaching out and taking her hands in his.

"Do you really think that's going to work? I mean, all it takes is one little slip up..." she pointed out.

"It'll have to, because I'm not leaving orbit without you on that ship," he answered, his mind clearly made up as he put on his socks and shoes.

"You realize you may have to send me into dangerous situations, just as I cannot interfere with your obligations as captain." This was something that would be just as hard to refrain from as any sort of affection or touching. Tying her boots she could recall that it was one of many issues that had often made relationships difficult for her father.

"I know," he nodded, then put on his shirt. "And we'll cross that bridge when we come to it." He pulled her to him and kissed her forehead.

"I should probably get the horse back to his owner before they think I've run off with him." she smiled. "By the way, how did you know where to find me?"

"You told Hoshi that you were going home, which is impossible because you don't have one," he pointed out as they walked over to the animal tied to a tree. "What you do have is an old family estate that has been handed down for generations. You wouldn't know your ancestors, but the place might still be familiar to you." At his answer she smirked realizing she had not been as clever as she had thought. "You forgot I am one of only two people who know your real last name."

"Damn. I did forget that," She turned and took up the horse's reins then climbed on it's back. For a moment Lt. D'Arcy sat there in silent contemplation. "Do you realize I have never had a place of my own. I lived with my father, then in a shared dorm room before I took off and just wandered around. The closest thing I have ever had was my quarters on the NX-01. I'm not even sure how to look for one. I don't suppose there is an opening in Hoshi's building."

"I know of a place with an opening. It's furnished, plenty of space, nice views of San Francisco, but you might have to share a bed," he suggested, a playful twinkle in his eye as he spoke.

"Oh, and just where is this place?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "What sort of roommate would I have to deal with?" Archer climbed up behind her on the horse then put his arms around her waist and leaned in close to her ear.

"You should know that I have a habit of stealing the blankets."

12