All Comments on 'Staring Into the Abyss'

by AutumnWriter

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
damn,

have you been talking to my wife. a good but sadly very realistic story. a fan always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Double Damn!

Hell, you've been talking to MY wife, also.

What a bittersweet tale - truth cuts to the quick!

It is heart breaking.

Appreciated and good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Just proves old age is not for the weak of heart

AutumnWriter:

As usual you've told a fine, well crafted tale. It's very seldom that any author on this site delves into the ills we are all bound to experience as the hands of time move on. To try to understand its effects on both partners is a great insight into the human condition. You've done it well. Thank You. Ronnie W.

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezealmost 18 years ago
Still Waiting

to have to go to the ER for treatment of one of those 4 hour erections they warn you about on TV.

I think that ED treatment for those over about 70 is so much bullshit anyway. By that time it is natures way of telling you that the pancakes she fixes for your breakfast and her reminding him to change his undershorts more frequently is a lot more important than the pussy he used to think he just couldn't do without. If a man is worried about his wife's needs, get her a vibrator and a dildo, kiss her goodnight, and ask her what's for breakfast.

Some old fuckers in nursing homes take Viagra, Ciallis, and Levitra. Their feeble mindedness won't let them remember what to do with their hard on when it rises to the occasion.

Now, young pussy sometimes will do things that the Viagra could only dream of doing if it could dream... lol

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Stellar story from an author who always astounds

A great story of life after 50 for many men and women.

There is so much about human sexual performance that is different in each circumstance. From desire of the mind to the physical mechanics of the body, we live in a time of new awaking by medical research and mental understandings.

Thank you for a wonderful story of life as we all will live the changes in maturity of the physical and mental creature.

Love comes in so many forms and a long mutual love comes with more joy and satisfaction then anyone could ever explain in words, it has to be experienced to fully appreciate.

You are one of my favorite Authors

Thank you so much for sharing your talent and insightful stories

PT

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 18 years ago
The Brotherhood of Softness

now has a story to express the bittersweetness of ED and being so completely melded with a great partner. As a 61 year old man with plenty of medical problems the one that bothered me the most was not being able to "take care" of the love of my life. Togethjer we discovered ways to take care of each other that still connect us and strengthen us.

Well written and appreciated. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
nicely done

very well written. intimately protrayed. and truly a loving couple.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great job!! You really did pick up on the feeling

an older man has when he can't get hard. YOU alos showed how the wife feels. Many people don't realize how thhis effects both people. I'm 66 and take drugs every time now that we have sex. The sex is good and I always cum. It's the only way I can get it hard and stay hard until I satisfy my wife with my cock. The sex my wife and I have is filled with pure love and she is my rock. Your story gives all readers a glimps of what it's like when ED hits your home. Thank God for the help of the various drugs that assist some of us. Oral sex on my part is a great way for me to give my wife multi-orgasms and she is very happy with my tongue too! It has helped our sex lives. We know we're 2 old farts who don't lok sexy at all but we love each other to death and still enjoy the bodies that brought us together the first time in 1962.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
SHIT..

Great story I understand it only to well.I wish I had a Rose.

northbaybearnorthbaybearalmost 18 years ago
Thank you! Thank you! Well done.

You have performed a wonderful and generous service for men and women, including this one. Thank you your compassion, honesty, integrity and understanding.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Excellent story that needed to be published

This is a story that should be understood by all--they all get there eventually. They can only hope and pray that they have mates like these two are to each other. I myself am among those who do. All the best, keep up the excellent writing.

Sam

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Amazing story and

told with such a wonderful understanding. I am very impressed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Your

story has been mentioned in the Author's Hangout New Story Review Thread.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I have my Rose

I thought this

story really hit home for a lot of guys my age with the same problem, only difference is I have my Rose and she is an angel haivng put up with me for all these years we have finally found something that works and I am trying to make up for lost time

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 18 years ago
Great love story

Either the author writes from personal experience, or has researched this subject thoroughly. ED definitely is a two person malady, but it affects each partner in a different manner, as the author has demonstrated. The man usually becomes withdrawn because he equates an erection to his ability to express love and affection, and intercourse is his objective. The partner often seeks touching, caressing, and words of endearment in the arena of love and affection and, although many also look forward to intercourse, love for the partner is sufficient without the coupling.

As any tv watcher can acknowledge, Viagra, Ciallis and Levitra are drugs that will help in some cases of ED. But they don't work for many man and for some their side effects are unpleasant or threatening. The drugs are sometimes used in conjunction with a VED (vacuum erection device) and provide the desired result. Sometimes the VED is successfully used alone.

In many ED cases, sufficient blood is forced intto the penis to perhaps provide a "stuffable" erection, but veinous leak quickly lets the blood escape and the erection to fail. Sometimes constricting rings or standing up and letting gravity work helps.

There are several drugs, used in combination or alone, that when injected directly into the penis reliably provide for an erection. Often this method works when the pills do not. Its side effects are usually minor or none at all.

If all else fails, inflatable devices can be surgically inserted in the penis and inflated, when desired, be squeezing a small bulb that has been placed in the scrotum. There are several different versions of these devices. Sometimes the surgery is unsuccessful and sometimes the devices fail and must be removed (and replaced).

So there are plenty of alternatives for the man (and his partner) who is experiencing ED. It takes some experimentation to arrive at a satisfactory solution.

Also, it is surprising how many men (and their partners) do not know that the man can experience a climax without having an erection. It just takes time and effort to achieve it.

sherlock40sherlock40almost 18 years ago
Wow, a fantastic story in just the right category.

Thank you for such a wonderful story. Just true love between a man and wife. Instead of seeking others for their enjoyment, they chose to keep trying to please each other. You are a fine writer.

TiggerTooTiggerTooalmost 18 years ago
No guy thinks it will happen to him.

He thinks he'll be dead first. Surprise. I think most wives are understanding as they have gone through menopause or hysterectomy and this is just male menopause, so to speak. That doesn't mean wives don't give in occasionally to their feelings and cry about wanting all of their husbands back.

I've never dared say it, but a new erector set (a young chicky-poo) would probably work wonders for a while. Dream time.

Thanks. There have been a number of incredible stories of real life and love on Lit lately and they are all much appreciated.

Phil

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Being a sufferer of exactly the same problem...

I can say that the story is spot on. My wife and I experienced exactly the same issues and emotions. Nice work!

K.K.K.K.almost 18 years ago
Great Story

It is nice to see a story like this one getting the recognition it deserves. Aside from being a tender story about a loving couple it seems to be a rallying point to others with similar problems. I look forward to reading more of your stories.

KK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
it can still work

great job! i've gone the blue pill route also..then when that didn't work anymore we discovered soft sex. i guess it would kinda be like two women bumpping monkeys only with the man having a 4 inch clit lol. i can get her so wet my softy slides in and i'm still able to cum but not get hard... and it still gets her off too...if the love is there...nothing is impossable!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Written by a degenerate.

1*__-- 1*-----1* !

PearDrop3PearDrop3over 10 years ago
5 Stars

An excellent story of what may happen to us all as we get older.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
good one

happens to almost all men as they get older

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
THE BEST MORAL OF THE WHOLE STORY

whatever they did They Did It TOGETHER, tk u mlj lv nv

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

This is real life. This is what a real marriage is all about. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What a mindless and talentless blubber !!

Also this lying and cheating ass writer is padding its ratings !

4.8 with not ONE favorite ???!? And with 6000 readers over 9 years?? Ridiculous !

I urge all readers to give this dishonest writer 1* to compensate !

connoisseur29connoisseur29almost 10 years ago
****

Good read. The theme is mostly true, but as individuals we all react differently to the situation. Some with indifference, some with self pity, and some with depression. The wife acted as many would. Feeling it unfair if not able to give erotic pleasure, don't expect to receive any. Many males, on the other hand receive pleasure from giving it and feel rejected when unable to do so. It can be a problematic issue for a time. Cheers!

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
very good

instead of her going elsewhere or him saying she could they stuck together well done

robinhodrobinhodover 6 years ago
Just read this again,

It reminded me of the riddle:-

What's the difference between concern and worry?

Concern is the first time you can't do it for the second time.

Worry is the second time you can't do it for the first time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thankyou!

Just over a year ago I had my prostate removed. I have not an erection since. It’s strange for me and for my wife too.

Your story captured the mood very well. Thanks!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Genuine!

That was a very moving story and very sincere. Thankfully, I'm not there yet and hope I never am. Meanwhile, he is blessed to have a wife with genuine love for him. That was a very tender story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I'm 78 years old with ED, and so this story really hit home with me. YOu certainly captured the fears and concerns and mutually felt sense of imminent loss. Beautifully and tenderly written. Very realistic.

Well done, AW

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous