All Comments on 'Statuesque'

by Cacatua_Galerita

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
des911des9118 months ago

Quirky, unusual story that works for me. Lots going on with a lot of technical detail. Plenty of drama and a romance. Enjoyed it. Thank you

RangeExpanderRangeExpander7 months ago

Fascinating story with pleasantly sustained sexual energy and cool quirks!

voyeurdunuitvoyeurdunuit7 months ago

Really great story. Plotting, pacing, character, dialog, lots of cool investigative detail, fun sex with lots of anticipation, just excellent all around. The haphazard changes of tense - present to past and back - were a little distracting but I quickly got over it and didn't notice them any more. Well done.

Cacatua_GaleritaCacatua_Galerita7 months agoAuthor

Thank you for the encouraging comments. The errors are all mine, as I made further changes after it came back from the editor. I wanted to enter the first ‘Crime & Punishment’ event and was rushing to meet that deadline. The world events related in this story meant I couldn’t park it until next year.

The first half of this story was written to the calendar dates within the story; up until Wagner’s aborted coup, where I thought (hoped) I was going to lose my ‘bad guy’ and would have to incorporate whatever changes occurred. So I focused on finishing my Summer Lovin’ story for a bit, before returning to complete Statuesque.

Voting on this story has been very strong, apart from four 1-bombs and two 2-bombs (nil 3-star votes... this isn't a bell curve). It's probably being down-voted by Putin supporters. Or, readers who really disliked those accidental changes of tense; sorry about those.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCacatua_Galerita@Cacatua_Galerita
As a student, I struggled with essays and creative writing. My eloquent peers would kick sand in my face – literarily. Then I discovered… well, nothing particularly – just years of technical writing; system documentation, reports, and product assessments. I’m now fluent in non...