Steel Hearts - Patchwork Princess Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Now remember, we don't go looking for trouble, and we shoot it only if it comes at us," Nicky waggled a finger at Holly and Carter as Scotty came and curled an arm around her waist, grinning at Teddy, who like-was held Holly protectively close to him.

"Got it! Don't we, Holly?" Carter responded as she smiled at Medusa, who had come to stand with her.

"We do. Speaking of trouble, is she safe with them?" Holly nodded toward Nessa, who had been moved away from the group by several young men, including Blue and Moby.

"She's happy leave her alone," Nicky giggled. "Now, let's mingle."

Holly held tight to Teddy's hand as they browsed through the stalls and businesses that had opened with specialty stock for Halloween. She nervously rechecked her watch and took a breath, knowing she would have to make her move in the next few minutes.

"Is something wrong? You keep checking your watch like your expecting... well, I don't know what, but you're making me nervous," Teddy admitted.

"Can you come with me to check on something?" she sighed. "I promise I will stop acting like a lunatic afterwards."

"In that case, lead the way. You have to know I would follow you anywhere," he smiled and bent his head to kiss her. In fact, I wouldn't mind getting away from the crowd after we check on whatever has you worried. Maybe grab a few minutes alone?"

"My thoughts exactly if everything goes well," she smiled up at him and kissed him again.

"In that case, let's go. The sooner we get this done, the sooner we can do more of that," Teddy lifted his hand to rub his thumb over his lip, realising he now wore her lipstick or at least a pale shade of the deep blood red that decorated her lips as part of her costume.

They weaved their way through the crowd to the disguises costume shop, where Jack supervised two of their brotherhood's younger members making the night's sales. Jack winked at Holly, which made Teddy give him a stern, questioning look as Jack removed the barricade to the small upstairs stockroom that had been cleared out for the event. The stock sold quickly as revellers went looking for the novelty items to add to the atmosphere of the evening. Holly slowed her pace at the top of the stairs and rechecked her watch.

"It's a bit dark in here. Come out onto the balcony for a minute. The sun is probably setting, and the lights of the street party will be starting to turn on," she encouraged, opening the door and stepping out onto the small balcony overlooking the stage. "Look, you can see Grace down there singing," Holly waved at Grace, who waved back as she wrapped up the last notes of a song and began to talk to her audience, including Holly and Teddy.

"I can't tell you all how overjoyed I am to be here tonight. It may be hard to believe, but I'm a romantic at heart, so when my friend, the great Holly Hayward, asked me to play this gig tonight and dedicate a special song to my brother, I leapt at the chance. Firstly, because she is Holly and the nicest woman I know, and secondly, I'll take any chance to watch my brother blush. So this one is for you, Teddy and Holly," she dipped her head toward the balcony as the first bars of Emeli Sands's Next To Me sounded out from the band.

"Do you remember this song?" Holly asked as she turned to Teddy with a smile. He answered her smile and took her in his arms to kiss her. When they both came up for air, the chorus was singing out, and Teddy hummed under his breath as she sang softly, "Next to me, Ooh, ooh, ooh."

"I love this," he murmured into her neck, holding her close as she continued to sing softly.

"When the money's spent, and all my friends have vanished, and I can't seem to find no help or love for free. I know there's no need for me to panic 'cause I'll find him. I'll find him next to me," Her voice choked with the truth of the words. "When the skies are grey, and all the doors are closing. And the rising pressure makes it hard to breathe. When all I need is a hand to stop the tears from falling, I will find him, will find him next to me." Holly drew a deep, ragged breath preparing for what she wanted to say next.

"I will always be next to you," Teddy said, stepping back and fumbling in his pocket, thinking that there would never be a better time to propose than this one when she stopped him placing her hand over his.

"Teddy, wait, I need... I want... Oh, fuck it!" She said as if exasperated, then dropped to one knee and held up a ring. It was platinum and onyx, and she prayed he liked it as she blurted. "Marry me?"

"Only if you marry me right back," he grasped the hand she held out with the ring and pulled her up to stand with him, then fished the box out of his pocket with the ring he had chosen for her. They came back together in a deep kiss that ended with the song and applause from the crowd below who had watched the comical but heartfelt proposal.

"I think we should maybe go inside now," Holly giggled, a deep blush staining her cheeks as she pulled him back inside the small dark room.

"Can you hit that switch over there," she pointed to the left-hand side of the rear wall and smiled as the small darkened space lit up with fairy lights, and they could see the small arbour of lifelike greenery and flowers she and her friends had created. It was filled with cushions, and an Ice bucket with more water than ice now sat holding a bottle of champagne. "You were saying something about wanting a little bit of time alone?" she grinned.

"Fuck! I love you!" Teddy pulled her down and pushed her back onto the cushions. "I don't like that this tight dress is stopping me from ravishing you properly, but I will wait to rip it from your body until we get home. However, champagne and kisses are more than enough for now," he chuckled and flopped onto his back beside her, holding up his hand to inspect the ring he wore. "I am so going to marry the shit out of you! You can't take it back now, and just to be sure, I'm thinking next week?"

"Next week?" Holly squeaked in horror, making him laugh.

"Sooner?" Teddy smirked. "It could be difficult to pull together, but tomorrow is fine."

"No!" she gasped and leaned up on her elbow. "I know it sounds silly, but I want the big day, the ceremony, the cake, the dinner, and the dancing. I want the traditional stuff, except the church. An outdoor ceremony would be nice in the gardens, or an outdoor chapel in the rainforest that is beautiful and..." she paused as Teddy chuckled softly.

"Given it some thought, have you?" he teased. "Whatever you want is fine as long as you are there saying I do."

"You'll find me next to you, ooh, ooh, ooh," she sang softly and lay back down with him, happy to bask in the feeling of being in love. She hadn't realised how much she had given up on the idea of a happily ever after until he returned to her life.

*****