Stella Soars and Deflates

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I find such language offensive," Stella said haughtily.

He lost his smile. "Right I'm off."

"I withdraw that rebuke, please save us from ourselves. We drank too much on the aircraft."

"Do you promise me a hot date?"

"Yes, yes, plus my body if your become that keen."

"That's what I was meaning."

"Here, have me on the pavement now."

The guy turned haughtily.

"Janis, you made no mention that your friend who would be travelling with you was a common whore?"

"Shut up Johnny and drive us to coffee and then our beds."

As Stella's head dropped on to the pillow she sighed, "I want a mountainous sleep" but there was no reply from beside here; Janis was already asleep on her back, mouth open.

Wearily thinking about getting up and turning off the light Stella fell asleep and Johnny, coming in and turning off the light smiled at the sight of them on his double bed. He went off to sleep on the couch of his cramped and small flat wondering what on earth Janis, who was approaching thirty, could see in her friend who would almost be ten years younger who appeared vacuous and rude. Perhaps Stella was Janis' toy girl?

Stella hours later and checked her watch, set to Kiwi time. It was 4:00 in the afternoon and presumably the rude minder had returned to work. As she dropped her arm with the watch on, she half-turned to meet the dark and smiling eyes of her travel companion.

"Oh hi, thank you for coming with me to New Zealand it feels so good, so warm."

"Thanks Stella. I'm sorry you and Johnny didn't hit it off."

"Johnny?"

"The guy who met at the airport, my minder from the newspaper who will steer me along while I'm on this employee-exchange contract."

Stella frowned and yawned and the memory of her arrival and feeling travel shocked, fatigued and abandoned, slowly returned. She yawned, "Oh him. Was I terribly rude?"

"I don't think so. I think he quickly lost interest because we were clutching one another and yawning. He probably formed the opinion we are lovers."

"Well I have no problem with that."

"What?"

"Being considered your lover. You are very sweet. Far better than any goofy guy who thinks only about himself and fucking."

"Is that what guys are like?"

They laughed.

Stella said gently, "Is that a breast I see?"

"Yes, want me to cover up."

"No, not at all."

"You may kiss it if the thought pleases you. No offence if you don't."

"Um Janis, I've never been touched by a female like that."

"What about your sister?"

"About the only times we touched was to kiss quickly at greetings or farewells or when she walloped me and was immediately appalled by her assault. She was jealous of me because dad focused on me."

"Well kiss my tit for the experience. Your body and mind will decide whether or not it pleases."

"Are you lesbian?"

"I'm called bi. It depends on what's on offer. The fact is I have low sex drive which is why you've only seen me with acquaintances rather than boyfriends." Janis sighed and said her relationship with Stella was rather unusual in that it had always been asexual."

"Really?"

"Yes, no desire whatsoever... until now."

"I've done nothing like this before."

"I know. Just kiss my breast."

Stella kissed the small mound of white flesh.

"Have you experienced sensations?"

"No, it's only like kissing your own arm when desiring comfort."

"Try the nipple."

"Ah, I feel a little something.

She licked the nipple this time and blew on it. "God, I'm making your nipple rise just like a guy does to mine when he's fiddling."

"Kiss me."

Stella leaned over Janis and kissed her softly. Janis ran a hand through Stella's dark brown curly hair and ran the other hand down the curvature of Stella's spine and as the hand reached the lower back Stella broke the kiss and almost panting purred, "I just felt my after-burners begin to kick in."

The house phone went. Janis said she would get it and padded out. Stella heard Janis talk briefly and then silence until came the sound of a toilet flushing. Janis returned to the bedroom and stood, hand on hip and asked, "Well, what do you think?"

Janis was only 5ft 7in, six inches shorter than Stella,

"You are beautiful proportioned, slender thighs to die for, just the one frontal tattoo over your left hip and you shave and your pussy looks beautiful and your tits are small enough to virtually avoid droop as you age. You're are a shining example of great womanhood."

Janis smiled.

"You are so lovely to me but come on, regrettably we must stop this. Johnny will be here in half an hour to take us out drinking with his workmates as he calls them from the newspaper and some come from other media."

"Oh great, that will delay our full recovery from travel fatigue, but who cares? Let's meet the natives. You take the shower and I'll do the toilet thing. Half an hour is not nearly enough time to get ready."

"It's only drinks darling, not an occasional to snare a lover or a husband."

They laughed with the ease of close friends on vacation who were becoming even closer.

Johnny arrived, driving something he called a Holden Ute. It had only a single bench seat.

Janis opened the door and told Stella to take the middle seat.

Stella climbed and said, "A kiss please Johnny."

He kissed her and grinned.

She said cheerfully, "Sorry I was crappy to you this morning at the airport."

"A travel casualty, I understand. Drink less booze and you could arrive in better shape. How are you now?"

"Fine."

"Are you and Janis, you know?"

"Friends? I thought that would have been very obvious Johnny. So, what's on?"

"Well, Janis will be interested in this. Besides newspaper reporters and other mid-level editorial guys, you'll meet some of TV people, radio journalists, PR assholes plus a couple of lawyers who vet our stuff."

"Janis is becoming seriously attracted to you."

"What?"

Janis cried, "What's that nonsense?

"Much of this afternoon you've talked to me about you and Johnny and Janis was saying things such as how manly you are," Stella lied.

Johnny said, "Janis, this coincides something I've been thinking. I'd like to know more about you and to discuss dating. I know you are almost thirty and I'm only twenty-six but a lot of guys date older women and there are no rules stating that a minder can't... can't..."

"Can't what, Johnny," said Janis looking very interested.

"I-I can't say in fear of blotting my copy book."

"He means he'd like to have sex with you, Janis. I'll sleep on the couch tonight," said Stella, laughing merrily and the other two joined in laughing.

"Omigod, the promise of being fucked on my first night in New Zealand," Janis, giggled. "Oh, I love this country already."

Early that evening, Stella became involved in a timely co-incidence. She received a phone call from her mother's sister, Aunt Sylvia.

"Hi, sweet Stella. Your mother phoned me to say she was worried about you being alone in New Zealand and asked could I contact you and assist you to acclimatize in to this country."

"Aunt Sylvia, we have never met but I'm an adult and have often travelled alone without any problem. Actually, I arrived with a girlfriend from America and have company, well sort of."

"What does that mean?"

"Janis, my travel companion, has connected with this guy she will work with here and they've clicked. I believe they are about to plunge into an affair and so won't want me around."

"Then come and stay with us to get settled in this country."

"Oh, are you sure about that kind offer? If so, please give me your address and I'll grab a cab and come over in about an hour and we can discuss this."

"Um, I don't think that would be a great idea. You need to catch an aircraft and fly to Christchurch on the east coast in the middle of the South Island. I'll meet you at the airport and we'll have a ninety-minute drive to our sheep farm."

"A sheep farm, oh my goodness. Does it have sheep?"

Aunt Sylvia laughed and said yes, about 16,000 of them at present.

"Omigod, how do you feed that many?"

"Our sheep live outside all-year round, including in winter snow-storms and they graze on grass and we have Angus beef cattle as well. I say, don't you know anything about farming?"

"I think not."

"This will be interesting for you, Stella, and we'll get to have a few laughs."

"What, watching the greenhorn cutting wool off sheep?"

"Something like that, darling. Phone Air New Zealand now and ask for an early flight this evening. They probably will have available seats tonight, being mid-week. Then phone me with your flight number and arrival time."

"Are you sure you want to do this, Aunt Sylvia? I'll be a real greenhorn."

"It doesn't matter darling. We live in a house and you'll be familiar with living like that. You may remember Uncle Ted dying 15 years ago, trapped in an avalanche while skiing. We had a daughter who's about your age, Gwen, who is away tramping in the High Country with friends at present. I remarried and my replacement husband is Brett Trent but I've reverted to my maiden surname."

"Brett has a son Troy, aged twenty-eight, who is my lovely stepson. But don't worry about him, he doesn't like Americans much, but tolerates me although I'm American born, and he dislikes greenhorns even less but he's not nasty about his dislikes."

"What an idiot. Either Troy accepts me or I'll invite him to go to hell."

"Stella!"

"What?"

"Um, sorry dear, what I was about to say has, err, slipped my mind."

"May I drop the title of aunt when referring to you?"

"Yes of course, you're an adult now and anyway I know you are my niece."

"Thanks, and just to recap, are you sure I should come to you?"

"Oh, yes dear. Book a flight for this evening."

Unsure whether she was considering doing the right think, Stella called Janis who was being shown around the newspaper that day and meeting people she would be working with..

Janis was adamant that Stella should accept her aunt's invitation to visit.

"I'll be fine darling, Johnny is being very caring with me and I believe he thinks he's struck gold and I'm sure I'll be fine. You'll be only a phone call away if I need to talk to you. Just go, and you have my best wishes."

"Thanks for you support darling, I really need to find my previous better self," she sobbed.

Chapter 6

Stella arrived in the South Island's largest city of Christchurch on time at 8.25 wearing her distinctive pink and white cap, allowing Sylvia to identify the wearer quickly.

They hugged and kissed and both shed a few happy tears.

"Ah, my niece who I've only seen in photographs."

"And I'm glad to meet you in flesh, Sylvia. I can see family resemblance between you and my mother."

"And those features include what? I haven't seen your mother since she came here for Ted's funeral and to comfort me."

Stella said, "I see the blue eyes and square jawline appear identical and noses of you sisters are somewhat similar with the slightly upturned end. Um, bodies are not similar. You appear more muscular, and perhaps three inches taller."

"And weight, Stella?"

"You might be 40 lbs. heavier but then mom usually eats like a sparrow."

"Ah, and the reason for that is we eat heaps of meat and love our potatoes and crusty white bread. And you, my darling, are very beautiful and you have a figure to die for. It is so lovely meeting you in flesh, too."

"Thanks for you warm welcome, Sylvia. It's been very emotional for me."

Stella held up her smart-phone and said, "I've recorded our verbal greeting. Now may I capture a photo of you and then both of us as a selfie so I can send all of that to mom? She was so excited when I phoned her to say I was leaving Auckland this evening to stay with you."

"Yes, do that darling. I'd like to have a record of you and I meeting for the first time."

As they drove off, Stella said, "The alps look stupendous from the air."

"Yes dear, and be aware if you venture into them, they are not necessarily a friendly place. Our farm of 67,000 acres is mostly rolling hill country and extends up into the foothills of the alps. Although it's mid-spring, our farm and the high land above it can still be hit by high winds and the maverick late snow-storms.

"Sylvia, I attended my final two years at high school in Chicago and am well aware of sudden high wind and snow-storms," said Stella. "And closer to home, I'm familiar with the wild weather that hits the famous ski-fields out from Denver."

"Do you ski?"

"A little."

"Good, at least you have that in common with Troy. He's a ski-nut and all the ski-fields are still open as the first snows arrived later this season than usual."

"I'll go with him if he bothers to invite me."

"Good, should I push him or let nature or rather politeness takes its course? He'll be thrown by your face and figure because the photo I have of you above my shelf of cook books in the kitchen was of you at the age of 18, when leaving home for university. You were thin, your hair was a mess and your legs looked incredibly skinny. Omigod, look at you now."

Stella held back from saying what she was thinking, that tell him not to drool over her niece. Troy sounded like a real meanie who cared only for himself and his preferences. Still, if she maintained being friendly, he could come to accept her and being on the farm with him and his family."

It was fading twilight when Sylvia drove into the garages attached to the side of the farmhouse. Stella had seen little detail of the farmland as they drove through it in fast-fading twilight but did notice that the dark wood-stained attractive farmhouse and garages had steeply-pitched roofing obviously designed to shed some of the build-up of snow. She stepped out of the vehicle and felt the cold air but looking beyond the garage doors, saw no sign of snowfall.

She braced herself, half-expecting to experience a little hostility from father and son.

But it was fine.

Sylvia introduced her husband to Stella as Brett rather than Uncle Brett and he greeted Stella warmly. He was older than her father with a white hair and beard and looked and acted like a friendly Father Christmas. Stella liked him instantly.

"Troy, Stella is here," Sylvia called loudly.

"Coming, mum."

Stella thought at least he had the decency to answer her as mum although they were linked only by her marriage to his father. She thought she ought to drop her critical attitude for the moment at least, having not yet met the guy.

Troy stood at the doorway gawking, scratching behind an ear, and muttered, "Holy shit."

Stella thought Sylvia would but upset by his profanity but to her surprise her aunt was smiling, albeit rather thinly.

"Hi Troy, nice to meet you," she lied. He was shorter than her, just past her chin she thought, and un-shaven wearing unwashed looking clothes and she guessed he would be awash with BO.

"Do I kiss you, err cousin?"

About to say that would not be necessary, Stella thought her task was to fit in with her hosting family and smiled and said, "Yes, of course."

Actually, it went better than expected. The light kiss landed on her cheek and over part of her upper nose, she couldn't detect BO and his shirt and jeans were fraying in places and appeared to be showing the legacy of hard work.

"Please excuse my appearance. I've been up in the high country, repairing fences, working from 8.45 and have just arrived in."

Presumably 'in' meant back at the house. Relieved that she'd acted with restraint, she eyed the skinny guy warmly, smiling, and said, "Wow, that must equal to 1½ days grind for busy city workers."

Troy grinned, looking pleased, as did his parents and he said, "Well you know, it's the farmers that keep this country moving."

She nodded, thinking she understood that and when he excused himself to shower and dress for dinner she called, "Don't change into a dinner suit on my account."

They heard Troy chuckling loudly down the passageway.

"He likes you," Sylvia said, sounding relieved while Brett stood, tugging at his beard.

"A beer?" he said.

"Ah, I'd prefer something a little more elegant."

He chuckled and said they had white wine and added, "Stella, you appear to have a quick brain and probably can speak with a sharp tongue when necessary. My thinking is that Sylvia warned you not to expect a cheering and flag-waving type of greeting from our son. You handled him brilliantly. He's not, err, naturally friendly with city slickers."

"I guessed as much," she smiled.

He grinned hugely, displaying large and very white teeth as if he ate his meat raw.

* * *

At breakfast the morning after Stella's arrival at Bonnie Highlands, the name registered for the farm, Sylvia had some news.

"Troy's girlfriend Lydia, a neighbor who lives down the road a bit, (actually 24 miles to the north-east, daughter of a veterinarian and studying vet science), will arrive for dinner this evening. Her younger brother Robson has also been invited because their parents are holidaying in northern Australia and enjoying the sun and warmth."

"Do farmers from around here usually go overseas on vacation?"

"Many do, mainly to Australia or the South Pacific islands, particular Fiji, but New Zealanders tend to travel all over the world where they have relatives or where there are wonders to visit."

"What does Robson do?"

"He's twenty-six, tall and strong and very athletic and during winter and until lambing, and crop sowing begins, he works several days a week as a paid ski instructor."

"Ah, he sounds interesting."

"What because he's tall and strong and practically runs the Bruce's farm, although I hadn't mentioned his management ability."

"I'm particularly interested that he is into skiing at that level."

"Oh yes, you said you ski a bit; he could provide you with advanced training."

"If I need it."

"Pardon me, I missed that."

"It was nothing. Do you like Lydia?"

"Oh yes, very much," Sylvia beamed. If Troy can manage to hold on to her, I'll be so happy. She's ready house-trained Troy quite a bit and he can now cook, and she brushed up on his speech and basic etiquette to a higher level than his late mother and then I succeeded doing, but then Lydia trains farm dogs and horses."

Stella smiled and Sylvia smiled in return and said, "I know that sounds odd, but it's true. She has taught him to be obedient, just a littler perhaps, but it's been enough to successfully apply tuition, and you'll know what males are like. The family farms 863 acres of very valuable land on the Canterbury plains, having a Merino stud and growing cereals."

"Oh," said Stella, unsure of what that type of farming was."

"Stella, I'm taking you to our nearest country town this morning to get our food and general supplies for the next fortnight. You will be interested in that part of country life around here, I'm sure."

They ate alone, father and son already out working, and after assisting clearing away, Stella went to her room to get ready for visiting a country town, that should provide her with a little insight to rural culture.

She now believed she was in the right place in having this sojourn deep in the rather remote heartland in the province of Canterbury. Life appeared to go at a slower place from what she'd been told and that was perfect for her right now. Sylvia was a natural comforting person and obviously she was aiming to keep her niece active and happy.

Stella thought that already she could feel her confidence in herself seeping back toward normal levels. She was looking forward to engaging with farm animals and pitching in to help with work and smiled at the thought of the family discovering she was more than competent at skiing and had been going to Colorado ski resorts with her family since she was six and then going independently since her later teen years, particularly to Copper Mountain, Beaver Creek and occasionally Aspen.