Steven Granger

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You sensed that?" Lisa asked.

"A vacant lot, right here, on a street that he pointed us to? Lisa?"

"Steven, I didn't even sense that fact," Lisa admitted. "Your power is growing."

"Please don't be scared of me," I begged.

"No, I am not scared of you," Lisa affirmed. "We are so much more powerful together than we have ever been alone. I was so stupid..."

"What?" I asked.

"In the hotel, when we sensed Hope in the Chain-Mart stockroom. I had just chalked that up as a fluke, an anomaly. But now, I sense that it was something more."

"So? We complement each other," I offered. "You said that you sensed me a year ago, maybe it was a wake-up call to you, from gaia."

"Steven, I believe you. Now, the question is, do you want to put your house here? Do not feel pressured, I will live anywhere that you choose. The site doesn't have to be here, or even in North Carolina, but you do have to pick a place."

"Obviously," I chuckled. "You can't translocate anything without an endpoint."

"Obviously," Lisa panned.

"Yes, I want it here. Not only to be in a town that is near and dear to your heart, or even because it will be close to my work, but this lot begs for a home to be set upon it. Look there, in the back, a perfect place to hide my cargo containers behind that copse of trees."

"I would not be embarrassed by them," Lisa pouted. "Oh, I see what you are thinking now, you want them to be hidden from your wife, like some secret that only you know. Playful."

"Plus an awesome shop," I added. "I would think, another cargo container to complete my plan. It's not that I want time away from you..."

"No, you don't. You just want a place to have a hobby. I would want a she-shed over there," Lisa pointed to a separate copse of trees.

"I'll build one for you," I teased. "But how can you see if that area is on this property?"

Lisa tapped me on the side of my head. "That's basic, but you haven't had any formal training."

I blinked, and could see actual lines imposed on what I was currently seeing. "Property lines? Here?"

She sighed. "Property lines are just as important to us as they are to the World of Man. All of that is, literally, written in stone."

"Well, now that I think that this place is perfect, there has to be a purchase," I said.

"Yes. Quick learner."

"Lisa, you helped me to be quick on some things, and not-so-quick on others," I chuckled. "I want to give you as much pleasure as I can."

"We can discuss that later. Do you want this land?"

"I cannot think of a better place to put the house you say is so blessed," I answered.

"Good. Look right."

There was an elderly woman on approach. She actually looked old, not the twenty-five that five hundred sixty year old Lisa looked. "Steven," I offered my hand to her.

"Mabel," she took my hand. "You wonder how I can look so old?"

"That isn't a derogative, ma'am," I said.

"Well, I am old. Ninety-four real years, not the thousands of years that the magicians can claim. I am mortal, Steven."

"I have yet to learn the difference," I admitted.

Mabel looked at Lisa, then me. "I still have a sixth sense, and I know you want to plant a home here. You have my blessing."

"Even in the realm of magic, there has to be something tangible taken and given," I offered.

"Yes," Lisa said. "Your great-aunt's check."

I didn't know where Aunt Teresa's check was, but I called it to me. It appeared in my hand as a piece of paper appeared in Mabel's. I exchanged the check for what looked like a deed.

"Steven, I am going to take my last breath now," Mabel said. "Mine was the last mortal-held plot in this township and I told Graham that I would not sell my land unless I found the buyer worthy. And, here you are, with babies on your mind. I can't just give the land to you, but I can let you buy it from me. No closing costs, just the offer."

"Mabel," I protested.

"I take my last breath," Mabel said. "I take my last breath." Then she was gone, not even ashes to bury.

"Lisa!"

"Steven, I had no control over her," Lisa pleaded. "I swear that a million times!"

"Lisa, I told you about swearing," I said.

"Mabel, she..."

"I know. Mabel sold me the deed," I held the paper out for her to see.

"Okay," Lisa nodded.

"Your magic world assures me that I am okay," I nodded. "And, beyond my house, I need no further things from Taylor. She can have the gold, all of that shit. I just want the fruits of my labor."

"Well, the Laws of Man say differently," Lisa smiled. "And I'm sorry for that."

"Huh?"

"Steven, Taylor has filed additional claims to the house." Lisa turned to the side, pulling back her hair so that I could see the earpiece. "She wants to keep it. I don't know why."

"Taylor practically gave me the house! She even said so! In front of a Judge!"

"Steven, I'm sorry."

"Lisa, don't be sorry. You could not have known. If this hearing fails, I will build my own house, your help is asked."

"Yes! Double Yes! Goddess! A million times Yes!"

"Good," I said. "Good."

Lisa waved her hands and the tablet and laser measure appeared in them. "Let's go take some measurements and get an idea of how you want to set the stuff."

"Cool trick," I said.

"I know," Lisa smiled.

"Where is everybody? I haven't seen but a handful of people since we came into town."

"Almost all of the town is at work," Lisa said. "I know at least two citizens who are playing hooky."

"Ha-ha."

"Let's get the measurements."

The plot was a lot bigger than it looked from the street. It had one hundred meters of frontage and was five hundred meters deep! And woods!

"Whatcha thinking?" Lisa asked.

"That I shouldn't bring the cargo containers here," I admitted.

"You can always paint them," Lisa pointed out.

"It's not just the colors, it's just that they are so rugged-looking."

"Steven, they will be just fine," Lisa said. "Don't fret the details, we will work them out together."

"Okay."

We couldn't do too much fine measuring because we lacked frames of reference. When we returned, I would have surveyor's sticks to get everything exact. I didn't know the specifics of the moving, but I would learn.

When we walked back to the town center there were more people out and about. I didn't see any people in cars, everyone seemed content to walk. In the town center there were shops that you would see in small town America.

The hardware store was nice, and Lisa let me loose to go wander while she went to chat with a woman outside. One aisle was dedicated to crafts and models, which I could see as a hobby further down the road. There was very little house-grade paint for a store of its size, which probably had something to do with magic.

The electrical aisle was decent, but didn't have the high-gauge wire that I would need to connect my house to the grid. I hadn't seen any power lines on our walk around and they wouldn't have buried them because the residence density was so low...

"The power lines are hidden by a dazzle," Lisa said from behind me.

I turned around, stepping forward so I could pull her into a hug. "Missed you."

"Missed you too," she returned. "Let me introduce you to my half-sister Sonia Jean Frasier."

I released Lisa so the introduction could be proper. Sonia was every bit the knockout that Lisa was. "Pleased to meet you," I started to offer my hand, but Sonia wanted a hug. I tried very hard to keep it friendly, but failed.

"Thank you," Sonia pulled back and planted a kiss on my lips.

"For what?" I rubbed my lips, they felt hot from her kiss.

"Trying to be a gentleman. I was not, however, trying to be a lady."

Lisa snorted. "Let's take this outside so I can put up a proper cone of silence. Steven, be a dear and hold my sister's hand."

Sonia extended her hand, and I clasped it. Lisa cast me a smile before she whirled around to lead us out of the store.

The three of us ended up in a gazebo neatly sited in a park. You could kick back and watch the town go by on one side and people in the park on the other. It grew eerily quiet once we got situated. "Cone of silence," Lisa nodded.

"You warned me, I can't complain," I said.

"I even gave you the hints," Lisa nodded. "Hints that I would be introducing you to other women."

"No offense, Sonia, you are totally hot, but your sister's husband?"

"Why not?"

I looked at Lisa, she was enjoying my discomfiture. "How many sisters do you have?" I asked her.

"Greedy much?" Lisa asked.

"You know what I am talking about," I accused.

"Twenty sisters from six different mothers, some of whom are actual sisters," Lisa answered. "But Sonia and I are the only Stargate fans. Go ahead, Sonia."

Sonia rolled up her left sleeve and showed me her Atlantis tattoo. "Where have you two been all my life?"

"Tell Steven the rest, Lisa."

"I don't want to scare you, Steven. We haven't even had our honeymoon yet."

"What do you call all the sex we've been having? 'Checking to see if all the pieces fit?'"

They both giggled. These two, absolutely beautiful, women wanted me and they wanted me to be happy and want for nothing. There was no downside to that.

"None at all," Lisa said.

"No downside," Sonia added.

"So, tell me the rest, Missus Grangers."

The two of them shared a look, then looked back at me. "In our clan, there are six other women bearing these same tattoos. We are the only two in Laurel now, the rest of the fans are scattered hither and yon on family business."

"Six more," I sighed. "How many people in your clan?"

"Fifty thousand, give-or-take, that's worldwide. Want more bad news?"

"Nah. I do need to get cut free from my current ball and chain before picking up ten different ones."

"He's sassy," Sonia said.

"Steven, Uma says your lawyer just called," Lisa sighed. "Was that a conscious thought, leaving your phone in the pickup? Oh, of course it was."

"The only person I wanted to talk to was right beside me," I admitted.

"You're so sweet." Sonia stood up and instinctively stood with her. "I like you, Steven."

"Good!" Lisa joined us in standing. "I've got some company business to attend, so you two can hang out and I'll meet you at Graham's in two hours!"

"Bye?"

"Love you, Steven," Lisa gave me a kiss, then vanished.

"Show off," Sonia muttered.

"You can't do that?" I asked.

"I can. The older members of our families can teleport at-will inside the county. I'm actually thirty-five, so too young to teleport without a conjure."

"Really? So I'm actually talking to someone younger than me?"

"Oh, yeah, you're an old guy. You going to be my sugar daddy?"

"That's too much," I shook my head.

"I'm not much for RP either. Do you want to go for a ride?"

"Sonia, I think it's a little early for that," I hedged.

"Please, just turn around before I smack your ungentlemanly ass," she growled.

I turned around and saw a bike rack. It was long and full of bikes of many sizes. "Maybe later." I turned around and she was stifling a laugh. "Oh, so what if I would have wanted to take you up on the other side of that double entendre?"

"Well, if you look behind me and a little to my left, you'll see the town inn," Sonia cocked her head and smiled. "But you've got a call to return."

"Right." I was hesitant to call my phone to me. I hadn't gotten the specifics about spells and what I needed to perform them.

Sonia snapped her fingers and a pack of gum appeared between them. "The old folks are partial to powders and their mysterious vials. A young person came up with this."

"Juicy Pixie gum?" I took the packet from her. "And someone is mass-producing it?"

"Of course. One stick has the equivalent of thirty grains of their powder, so best to go with a half-stick until you get used to it. Actually, since you're new and we don't know how much dust a wizard actually uses, just break off a quarter stick and halve it. If you get woozy, add and repeat until you even out."

"So you talk about underdosing, what happens in case of an overdose?"

"Weird things. Like you'll translocate something and send it back to the origin by mistake."

"Sonia, Lisa said I couldn't send things back."

"Normally, you can't. When you do an unintentional translocation, it's called 'mislocation.' That would put a damper on the object and if there was a person holding said object, them too."

"Oh."

"I shouldn't have even told you, now you're scared of your magic!"

She was actually going to cry. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her to me. "Sonia, don't cry, okay?"

"Okay. Try it with no gum first."

"Sounds fair." I released her and took a step back.

"As you're thinking of your phone, make a movement, like you are pulling it from a hand or your pocket. Like I did the gum."

I closed my eyes, imagined my phone, and pulled. "Voila!" My phone appeared between my thumb and forefinger just like it would have if I had pulled it from a pocket. "Nifty."

Sonia grunted when she gave my phone a closer look. "Pixies, great goddess."

My phone face and case were decorated with little lip-prints. They sent me little lipstick kisses. "What?"

"Your phone is a loaded weapon," Sonia chuckled. "Pixie power comes from their fluids; saliva, sweat, tears, and vaginal secretions. They put magic on your phone just by kissing it. Doubly so if they kissed each other before kissing the phone."

"And if they're virgins?" I asked in a whisper.

"You would have exploded already. Go ahead and wipe them off with your thumb and forefinger. Stop if you start to feel like you are going to puke."

I wiped the lip prints off my phone like she directed. Yes, there was magic in those kisses, but it felt good. And it made me a little tipsy. "Sonia, can I have a kiss?"

"You never have to ask again." She stepped in for a kiss, and I gave it to her.

I wasn't expecting for her to go limp in my arms, but I caught her and put her on the bench, sitting beside her. "Sonia? Did I hurt you?"

"Goddess, no. If that happened with just one kiss, I cannot even begin to fathom a whole night with you."

"You did say my phone was a loaded weapon," I whispered to her.

"I was going to cuss them out when I saw them, but now? I'll be giving them my thanks. And thank you, Steven. You gave me a big 'O' and I haven't had one of those until now."

"You're welcome?" I offered.

"But I am going to have to tell Lisa."

"You already have," Lisa's voice came from behind me. She wasn't mad, she felt... jealous?

"Not jealous, envious," Lisa snorted. "But my lil' sis got a big 'O' and I felt some of it two kilometers away, so, bonus."

"Are you okay, Lisa?"

"Me? Just dandy. I have got to get back to work." I got a peck on my cheek before I felt her leave.

Sonia shifted her position until she was lying on the bench, head in my lap. "Don't leave us, Steven. We are better together than we will ever be apart."

"Don't leave me either. My heart will turn to dust if you do"

"We wouldn't do anything that stupid," she whispered.

Sonia didn't get up for about fifteen minutes. I didn't know if she was that exhausted, or liked the scene. I was starting to feel a bit self-conscious because of the indecipherable looks passers-by were giving us.

"A little bit of both," Sonia said. "It's nice, out here, just hanging out and relaxing."

"The people going by us don't seem to think so," I said.

"They're actually a bit jealous. Of you, because of me, and me because of you. They'll get over it."

"I don't get it," I admitted. "You're hot, but are they jealous of me because you're a Frasier?"

"Your presence is creating ripples in the town dynamic. Every new presence does, but like raindrops. When you appeared, your raindrops were a little bigger than most. When you bought that property with my sister, that was like a big rock falling into the pond."

"That's neat, I guess. What happens when I translocate my house here?"

"That will be localized, no biggie there, translocations happen here every day," Sonia sat up and stretched. "No, they are just coming to check us out."

"Not about that...event?"

"Oh, nobody would feel that unless they were bound to you. If you want, that number will change, but only if you want."

"I thought I didn't have a choice."

"Sweetie," Sonia gave me a pinch on my cheek. "There's always a choice. Just don't think too hard about them. You start second-guessing yourself, then your head implodes."

"Better than my head exploding," I shrugged.

"Come on, we've got to get walking if we want to get to Uncle's by eighteen."

Graham had a really big house. It needed to be big to hold the huge dining table. There were twenty places set, but the room design gave the impression that it could hold a table twice that size. Sonia immediately peeled off from me to go talk to some bubbly blonde woman.

I felt drawn to a couple in the opposite direction. They seemed mysterious for the want of a better word. "Hi, Steven Granger," I offered my hand to the man first. "I'm kinda new here."

"Pete Stone," he gave me a firm shake and let my hand go.

The woman pulled me into a hug instead. "Starr Stone. Do you know you're a wizard?"

She pulled back away and gave me a questioning look. "Found out just a few hours ago," I answered. "What's with the swords?"

Starr and Pete traded a look and reached behind their backs. A second later, their swords vanished with a popping sound. "Yep," Pete chuckled. "Definitely a child of Merlin."

"The Merlin?" I asked.

"Exactly," Starr replied. "Someone's trying to get your attention."

I looked across the room and Sonia was beckoning me to come to her. I waved back, and she put her hand down with a sigh. "No, I don't know what her deal is."

When I turned around, they were hiding their mouths with their hands. "Do you know who that is?" Pete asked.

"Sonia Frasier, my fiance's sister."

"Lisa just appeared," Starr said. "Teleporting is so slow in comparison to linear folding. You can do that, Steven, linear folding."

Another magic trick. Goodie. "How?"

"You just think of a place, concentrate on going there, and take a step forward," Pete explained. "Hello, Lisa."

I felt Lisa's hand on my shoulder. "Can I talk to you for a moment, sweetie?" Her voice was anything but sweet.

Taylor had done that all the time, the fake sugar. "In a moment, sweetie." I turned to look her in the eyes. "Is my house burning down?"

"Ooh. 'Where's the fire?' Taken up a notch," Pete scoffed.

"Could you stay out of this?" Lisa asked without breaking eye contact with me. "You are not here by my invitation."

"Hypocrite much?" I hissed at her.

Lisa blinked, then her eyes went soft. "Sorry."

"Hey, Steven," Pete said. I turned to him and he was holding a card out for me to take. It was actually a picture of a sign that read : 'Magic Pete's School for Wizards.'

I got a chuckle out of that. I took the card and studied it closer. "So, see the destination in my mind, then take a step forward?"

"Just like that," Pete nodded. "Our numbers are on the back."

Lisa suddenly took her hand off my shoulder. Graham had made an appearance. "Hello, Graham."

"If you'll excuse me, I need to have a word with my great-niece here," Graham said. His voice was stiff, somebody was in trouble.

"We are universally distrusted here because of the way we made our entrance," Pete started to explain as Lisa and Graham walked away.

"This area is warded, so much so that they thought it impenetrable by outsiders," Starr continued.

"I had to get an invitation before I could see past the... warding, is it?"

"We've been able to see through everything for most of our lives, that wasn't difficult. You've just recently become aware, but the blinders will eventually fall off," Pete explained.

"So everybody's got their panties in a bunch because you...woke them up?" I asked.

1...34567...19