All Comments on 'Still The One'

by Smuttyandfun

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
very nice

But it wasn't just him. I don't recall reading where she confronted him about his behavior. Had she then maybe he would have brought up the text and hopefully he would have believed her explanation. So two poor communicators almost ruined a marriage forever.

Oldergenteman69Oldergenteman69over 4 years ago
If only

I could give you ten stars! What a well written love story!

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 4 years ago
Corny, but very satisfying

The plot was transparent, the characters too perfect and although 5 pages was a little much it was a pleasure to read something that went so well. I do know that good communication is the most important part of an interpersonal relationship and so many of these stories show what happens when people get lazy and don't do it right. I've been guilty of that myself and know it hurts. Amazingly enough if you diagnose it early enough (before "you are served") you can get by it and maybe even be a little stronger. It was a good Valentine's Day submission and worth a nostalgic 5* for me. (I do have one nit-pick on language: either the spell check doesn't work or people don't know the difference, but the English language confusion with "they're, their and there" is enough to drive one to drink and this author was guilty of the error). But thanks for making the Day of Loving a bit more pleasant.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 4 years ago
First class romance - 5 stars

Just right for a Valentines tale.

Hope you win

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Overcritical is losing his/her venom

The author should be happy to get a 5* on this story. OC criticizes about spelling and other issues and still rated it high. So unusual.

I, for one, felt that the main story was in the tension before they finally got back together again. After that the last two pages were somewhat redundant. So, I’m sorry, but I can only give 4*.

rnebularrnebularover 4 years ago
Good story

The build up of their tension was well told, and I was happy when they finally got everything out on the table. My nitpick is that you start WAY too many sentences with the word And... one paragraph at the end had almost every sentence starting with it. Anyhow, thanks for sharing!

kinkygeezerkinkygeezerover 4 years ago
Lead to my pencil and a tear to my eye

Very romantic story, loved the premise and how they resolved their problem just by talking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So Easy To Get Things Wrong

Great story. OK, so it's got a few spelling mistakes and stuff but it's still a real lesson in how easy it is to jump to wrong conclusions and a really good love story. Ideal for Valentines Day.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623about 4 years ago
Beautiful

What a beautiful love story! I loved it, please keep writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Love This Story

Well done. I enjoy your writing and can often relate to the characters. Nice job of building the tension, providing insights into how each character was feeling. I'm glad he found her gold locket. I was guessing it would be found / recovered inside their cabin after a lovemaking session.

One recommended edit: In the third paragraph from the end of the story -- change "understanding" to "misunderstanding" for your intended meaning.

Sexykat62Sexykat62over 3 years ago
Great story đź’–

Loved this so much had me crying and then laughing. So overjoyed they reconciled and learned that communication is key. I love your stories, reading them all now! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a tribute to love. A testament to the need for open communication. Sad that so many loose out by not talking. In truth though this couple only needed to be with one another to find their way back.

Love The story and appreciate the effort.

DP

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Hi, S&F, it’s a 5* reread on this one but for some reason I didn’t comment the first time. It’s a feel-good story with nice people drifting apart rather than working to stay together. Fortunately, we see that change as the story progresses. Great story and I’m glad to be able to read it again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A beautiful love story with a truely deserved happy end. The icing on the cake should be a Valentine baby. At 44 Tess could still conceive. It's unlikely, that she is on any form of birth control after the separation. A little girl or even twin girls would become a perfect addition to their family.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSmuttyandfun@Smuttyandfun
'Off the Clock' my 2nd entry in the On The Job Challenge will be published on April 23rd, and I hope you'll enjoy this one, too! 'Caught in the Act' my On The Job Challenge entry will be published on April 20th. I hope you enjoy it! 'Lucky Charm' my April Fools' Contest en...

story TAGS