All Comments on 'Still You Want Me Ch. 05'

by Mrsgnomie

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
Starrynight22Starrynight22about 6 years ago

Fucking YESSSSSSSSSS

I am so RAMPED UP for Colin and Charlie. Yesssssssss

He canceled his party. Hes being a friend. Now let's dump Jesse and get a move on

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Favorite chapter yet! Omg! So much good goodness. I feel like Charles is showing really strong character, he’s not pushing or manipulating, he’s genuinely there for Colin. I’m definitely sensing the start of tension with Jesse, which is great (obvious!). I think this is one of the first stories I’ve read where one of the characters genuinely doesn’t have reciprocating feelings (Colin towards Charlie.)

The bro dinner! So cute! I love their back and forth!

COLIN’s BIRTHDAY! Omg I died. It’s the perfect gift! Charles killed it!

I cannot wait for The next chapter!!!

imhereforthestoriesimhereforthestoriesabout 6 years ago

I totally had to look up both karaoke songs lol. I’m glad I did because it helped me to visualize the scene.

Overall a 5 Star chapter! Thank you for not waiting 2 weeks or 1 month between releases, I don’t think I could handle that.

I’m gonna be so heart broken if Colin and Charles don’t end up together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Now that's what I'm talking about

So now Colin is going to forget he has to spend his birthday with Jesse; Jesse is going to get jealous again and then, wham, Charlie and Colin are together! Yay!! Just not looking forward to Colin explaining the deception about his parents to Charlie.

MrsgnomieMrsgnomieabout 6 years agoAuthor
AUTHOR COMMENT

I LOVE reading all the thoughts and responses! Sometimes you guys give me insight about the story that I didn’t intend to write lol. Anyways, I love this chapter. I love seeing their friendship build and seeing Charles mature.

I also really love the next chapter also! It’s not a super ‘feel good’ chapter but I think it speaks volumes about Colin and Charlie!

Keep the feedback coming and please please please don’t forget to vote!!! If you haven’t please do before moving on!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Vote

What are we voting on???

-starrtnight22.

Idk why I can't log in lol

MrsgnomieMrsgnomieabout 6 years agoAuthor
VOTING

The star votes 1-5 at the end of each chapter, it just helps get my stories ranked!

Honestly, I’m just trying to get over 100 votes on each story, if they’re high enough scores it helps so others see the story once it drops from the new story list.

So go back and vote each of my stories if you haven’t already :) thanks!

Starrynight22Starrynight22about 6 years ago

Oh ok. I went back and 5 starred them all.

How can Colin be so oblivious. When Charlie sang that second song in th3 car. SERIOUSLY

NOW TO WAIT 5 TO 8 MORE DAYS

:dies:

MbeseMbeseabout 6 years ago

My hart is breaking for Charlie. There is nothing worse than watching the one you love, love someone else. Poor Charlie..... excellent story BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
No no no!

Jesse is sweet and kind and awesome. He'll be devastated when Colin breaks up with him. What a horrible thing to do to this amazing man. Charlie is a spoiled

jerk who IS harsh, doesn't share Colin's values and doesn't deserve Charlie. $4000 a month on eating out? Colin has to point out that he could donate that money? Even if Charlie grows more sensitive he'll be selfish and self-absorbed, when Jess is anything but.

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesabout 6 years ago
Charlie's evolution

You said we're seeing Charlie's evolution, but I don't see it. The stereo - he's still buying Colin's love - and this time it works. The vacation - not a hardship for Charlie. Spending a week with the man he loves or having a party with 300 of his closest friends? Doesn't sound like much of a sacrifice. Manipulating Colin into taking him to a romantic restaurant? Selfish. What am I not seeing?

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesabout 6 years ago

Colin says Charlie does nice stuff all the time. Like bringing him tea and a scone? Charlie even acknowledges that he's trying to manipulate Colin by doing that.

MrsgnomieMrsgnomieabout 6 years agoAuthor
fivewolves

I think you’re definitely partially right. I don’t think it would be realistic to expect Charles to completely change his ways, it’s who he is. What I do see is a change of motives behind his actions which speaks volumes.

The coffee and scone: there is a little manipulation in that action. But no more than any of us that do the same thing to friends or loved ones when you’re trying to get back in good graces.

Birthday present: he did spend money and it is a gift, but he wasn’t trying to impress Colin, he knows how much colin loves music and how shitty the stereo was, he genuinely wanted Colin to have access to good music. It’s still a big gift, but it’s a gift from the heart, not one from expectation.

Party for 300: That’s who Charlie is! He loves to host, that will never change.

Dinner: I suppose in this case, you’re case is valid. In my eyes, it would be the closest thing to manipulating Colin that there is. He was willing to cancel his party but offered one condition, if it really bothered Colin, he could have declined. Charles put the offer on the table and Colin accepted, so is it really manipulation?

Also, can we expect that Charles has to change completely? Evolution doesn’t happen over night, but there also has to be some realistic expectations. I think Charles heart is definitely changing.

Thank you so much for the comment! It really makes me think!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Just wanted to let you know this is the best story I've ever read and thanks for no cliff hangers. Lowkey feel like Colin didn't date Charles because he felt that he had bad intentions but it was just because he was nervous. I actually felt bad for Charles from the beginning because Colin was being such a judgmental jerk. Also no friendship should be this flirty and he's just using Charles for eye candy and attention when doesn't he have enough of that. Pretty sure he unintentionally is dating Jesse to make Charles jealous and is liking it. He gets attention of a boyfriend from two people. Jesse thinks he is getting everything from Colin but in reality Colin isn't giving someo of himself to Charles as well. I'm team C+C

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I really love this series but honestly find some people in the comments are way too harsh on Charles. We cannot expect him to change so much that he is no longer himself. What he did for Colin's birthday was so extremely thoughtful, it wasn't about the money but making Colin happy which made the gesture so beautiful. Yes Charlie uses his money but Christ that's probably what he's come to expect of people. He can't just change that.

Also are we forgetting just how utterly devastated he's going to be when he finds out about Colin's deception. Imagine falling in love with someone you thought you knew, being their best friend, supporter and confidant just to realise they've lied to you. My heart breaks for Charlie already. I like Jesse's character but he's just too easy to like for me. I love the relationship between Colin and Charlie, there's so much substance there. I just hope there will be some way for Colin to realise it's Charlie who he needs to be with!

I cannot wait for the next instalment! Thank you for this wonderful story X

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Book club much?

I have to laugh at the comments, I feel like I’m sitting at a book club where everyone’s reading the same book but every perspective is unique and different. I kinda love it too! Anyways, I don’t know how I feel. I think both Charles and Jesse are great and amazing yet I don’t love Colin.

He makes all these assumptions about Charles and that irritates me. But at he same time, he wasn’t wrong at first, I’m just frustrated he’s unable to see that he was wrong.

I kind of think that maybe Colin is naive? It sounds like it was such a dorky loser, maybe he will see’s himself like that, he can’t fathom that Charles might be interested? I don’t know! I’m trying to give him the shadow of the doubt.

I don’t know how things are going to go down. Unless Mrsgnomie throws us for a loop (which would be infuriating) Colin and Charles will end up together. But Jesse doesn’t deserve to be hurt! Likewise, if Jesse turns out to be a jerk, I’ll be shocked! That will ruin Colin! Ugh! Post the next chapter!

FYI: just took the 2 seconds to vote! 5 stinking stars.

Starrynight22Starrynight22about 6 years ago

Well damn i,forgot all about colin's deception. That's gonna be hard. He needs to come clean with Charlie. Oh hey.

Maybe. That's what breaks up colin and jesse? Jesse,finds out Charles doesn't know about Colin and his family and tells him out of spiteful jealousy?

I don't like jesse. He just strikes me as someone who let's things build (his jealousy over charlie) until it bursts out destructively.

This is also my 3rd read through TODAY

Mrsgnomie you are a magical writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Excellent story telling. Can't wait for the next one. My mind keeps changing who to like more, Charles, Jesse or Colin. That's what gets me, that I do not know what will happen. Normally you can see things happen very early in the story.

And...I think it takes too long to wait another week. Although the last chapter was posted a bit sooner, thank you Mrsgnomie.

judojonjudojonabout 6 years ago

Dam with every chapter i hope to find Jesse has been holding something back from Collin.What Charlie did for his bday was so far past friends. So hope that when the shit hits with Jesse Charlie will still be there when he find out about his family.Please get the next chapter out cant wait. Thanks John

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I love this story. Already have alternate universe head cannons.

I love this story. Its got me so invested in all the characters. Especially precious baby Charles is a cinnamon roll and must be protected at all costs. I have an alternate universe fan fiction in my head about how Charles is so devastated by Colin's deception that he finds love with a single dad called Tobias. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Dreaming for the next installment

I have checked the site about twelve times since yesterday to see if the next chapter is up - I am so on edge that I am going to take a break from studying and reread the latest chapter 😍

MrsgnomieMrsgnomieabout 6 years agoAuthor
AUTHORS COMMENT

I cannot express how much I love reading the comments! I want to post everything so you can read it through (but it’s not polished!)

I haven’t submitted the next chapter yet. It’s finished but I have two versions (they’re the same with a few minor-ish differences) and I don’t don’t which one I should post! I should probably go with the original. I’ll submit one today! Promise!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I guess those of us here in the UK will have to wait until tomorrow then for the next chapter :( it's truly beautiful! I agree, you should probably post the original :)

MrsgnomieMrsgnomieabout 6 years agoAuthor
UK anon

I submitted it today but we still have to wait for the site editor to approve the story!! 3-5 days (although two of my stories took longer!! ))

Soon though!

Kittie72Kittie72about 6 years ago
On edge

I really like this story. It shows a natural progression in a relationship. Just can't wait to read more. Thank you for being a talented writer.

Starrynight22Starrynight22about 6 years ago
3 to 5 days?? :dies:

I am legitimately stalking this site. Lol

I absolutely adore your characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Beautiful storytelling

And I'm so glad that this story is being updated with such regularity! I'm hoping for a HEA between Colin & Charles, but there are still 5 chapters to go and no doubt a rollercoaster ride and a few bust ups in between... like every great drama!

mfa607mfa607about 6 years ago

I agree with many other comments here! Loving this story! Go Charlie and Colin!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Can't wait for Ch6!

I have been refreshing my browser a few times a day, waiting for Ch6 to be posted. I now see it's 'awaiting moderator approval' - hopefully not long to go now!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ha!

Charlie still begging, bruh like really why do people make their characters weak with no self-respect? Charlie sees Colin with dude, WHY IS HE BEGGING??????

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ok

My heart broke for Charlie in this chapter . Bless him. The fact that dude is comparing Charlie and Jesse means he is starting to like Charlie more than a friend

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

not making a lot of sense. one minute Col's a vestal virgin, next he's an expert in anal stimulation, then he needs tips on topping? Charlie just assumes Col's gonna be alone Saturday morning on his birthday?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anon 1 year ago,

You must be lacking some common sense yourself. Notice how there are some brief time skips here and there? Even if those time skips are not a thing, try your best to remember what happened in the dance club.

Put yourself in Colin's shoes. If you got humiliated with your virgin status publicized, what would you do to deal with the shame? Yes, research. With the amount of time before that blowjob happened, it's enough for him to do some research.

Have you studied at school? Learning the theories and actually performing them is different. Since it's his first time and he got Charles AKA the one that has a lot of sex as his best friend at this point, it's not unrealistic to ask Charles for tips. Really awkward no matter what, but it's not an alien thing to do.

Anon 4 years ago,

That "begging" thing is not only on Charles' side, so that immedately eradicates your "intelligent" argument. You literally missed everything about Colin begging Charles to hang out in a cabin too. Also, that's just a bit crazy to correlate begging with "no self-respect." Tips - don't go on a tangent when you clearly don't read the material. It's not making you look intelligent, but more of a ridiculous mess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Also, Anon 1 year ago,

Your "attention plan" sure is missing immensely. The first page of this chapter literally says that Jesse is gone throughout this week off. No, Charlie did not ASSUME Colin is going to be alone Saturday morning. If you bothered to read the texts, it sounds more that they had talked about meeting up that early beforehand, hence the "where should I wait for you" at the start. Look at you embarassing yourself like this, shameful.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous