All Comments on 'Stolen Birthright Ch. 13-17'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Onealmost 7 years ago

Knowing that this is before the events of the were-war makes me wonder if Tanner survives the war. If he does he keep his pack as the rules are changed. But this is a guy better off dead than anything else.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago
Off Constantly........ LOL

Ok, that was funny! Now to hear what the Tanner Alphas want.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Loved Ella's (I'm going to butt in even though I'm interrupting)

answer of "Off Constantly"! Put a huge grin on my face and made me LOL. After all that's happened, it's good to know that Ella still has a great sense of humor.

Loved Mark's response - he's a keeper! And Remi's right - Alpha Tanner is not to be trusted - after all, how can he be a good role model based on how his sons behaved? Not sure about his Luna either, as she's also responsible for bringing up the Tanner boys - but we will see. Either she's complicit, or has been browbeaten by her husband.

luv2read2

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

luv2read2,

You do have to wonder if Luna Kayla has been been living the hell that was almost imposed on Ella. If the A-hole has kept her under control like that she's a victim as well. But she can't be trusted either because nothing she says could be her real thoughts. Though it might be interesting if while reciting any message imposed she was writing her real thoughts on notes handed to Ella and Remi. A slight technicality because that isn't 'saying' it's writing. After decades, his confidence in her obedience may have made him sloppy in his orders. Just a what if idea.

geemeedeegeemeedeealmost 7 years ago

I gave it five stars, because great addition to the story (I appreciated Remi's talk with Ella about how running away doesn't solve problems), but I don't believe Ella is in love with Mark. Nothing leading up to this has led me to believe she had romantic love-type feelings for him. If she wasn't pregnant, I don't think they be together. Plus, there's the issue of her true mate -- the wolf that got away from the slaughter. He'll come for her one day.

Am I the only one who laughed at this? "We will talk more on Monday; there is still a lot to go through, and I'll start looking ahead at the tax implications of you getting married." That Tom is always doing his job!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
*****

Mmm this is getting complex

When is tha 10th black wolf going to reappear?

baldsexybrawlerbaldsexybrawleralmost 7 years ago
huh?

Two things

1. she's pregnant and human so she's playing a hard contact sport. sure.

2. you really need to give props to pbl for this game, some plot points and just a general shoutout for the inspiration. the game sounds just like carlucci golf and is a total ripoff and i can't read this without thinking of smp.

partwolfpartwolfalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re:bsb

She's only a few weeks along, the baby is in no danger and it's not like the other wolves don't know she's human. Picking her to play was their way of saying she's still Pack even if she can't shift.

As for the game, it came from a thought of what werewolves might do for fun after a big holiday meal. When I wrote it I recognized there might be things that were similar to Carlucci Golf so I worked with PBL to minimize any overlap.

MelanPoncaMelanPoncaalmost 7 years ago
But Ella's mate....?

Clearly, the black wolf with the green eyes is her mate, even if she can't recognize him yet. Will you make this climax in a wedding ceremony objection (A la Grey's Anatomy), or some duel between the males or...?

Great stuff so far, keep it up!

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 7 years ago
She's too matter of fact.

Yes she's cried a few times but she's adapting to her new state of affairs with very minimal trauma and it's unrealistic. She was raped but happily sleeps with another guy with no problems, no nerves, no flashbacks? She may be pregnant with her rapist's baby but has no guilt, no anger, no wayward thoughts of abortion... just accepts the baby as innocent immediately? Her parents were killed but she packs up their things with minimal issues and it's only the sex toys she mentions? She notices the black wolf avoids hurting her against all orders but ignores it and decides to get married to the human who is like an older brother to her?

It just doesn't play. I like her tough, resilient nature. I'm even down with the revenge served cold. But her actions are making her seem robotic and it's the humanity that makes you care about the characters.

willieonewillieonealmost 7 years ago
To cantfightfate

You have a way of putting everything that I am thinking into you comments so it only leaves me to say... Ditto.

candykinscandykinsabout 6 years ago
Parent’s house

My mom passed away recently. Putting her things away and cleaning up her room was very emotional. It felt like she had just stepped out and might be back any moment. Simple objects had images of her superimposed on them in my mind. I was surprised at how so many times I would get choked up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
too simplistic....

agree with some of the comments her...her character is too simplistic... a nearly high school graduate who have to finish her college....her parents being killed cold bloodedly, and instead of planning to strengthen herself, and think through things logically (like giving up the baby, regardless of whose it might be, not that I am an abortionist) of her current situation, she seems to be jumping from one problem to another.... I can understand her desire to have sex with Mark....but I can understand her desire to be married to him, and endangering him in the process.... I disagree with her aunt's husband, the Alpha to pretend to let the Tanner knows of her pregnancy...it may buy her time....but I'm sure she'll be guarded inconspicuously by Tanner to make sure she's OK, and if the grandchild is indeed his son's, if not, to kill her and the baby .... no one has pointed this out ...it's as if she is empty headed there...and she makes sale decision that will come back to haunt her - in her current state, she is weak! weak ! weak.,! .and to certain degree, stupid! not any motivation to read on....

LNJones34LNJones34about 3 years ago

I have wondered if the black wolf with white tips and green eyes was Stephen Tanner, David's oldest brother.

And I wondered if maybe he could smell that she was pregnant and he assumed it was his youngest brother David's baby and that is why he didnt attack her. But since the pack doctor and none of the other wolfs cant use smell to sense if the baby is a wolf or if it is human I am ruling that idea out. I had wondered if the black wolf was her true mate which smelled her when he started to attack her and was so conrused that he decided to run away. This worries me. I don't want anything to happen to Mark. In partwolfs story "Alpha Killer" there is a woman that lost her wolf and when she was bitten by her true mate her wolf returned to her. There is an explanation to how that happens in that story. I am betting that the Tanners are betting on kidnapping the baby or even the pregnant mother to have their heir. I am also thinking that right about now in this story the famous Were War should start (I do believe it started when Rene was about 14.) so Ella is going to be better off sticking with Mark in human form. And that black wolf might be someone mentioned in the Were War story that I just can't remember.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Too many options to have any idea what's going to happen next. Great story telling.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES