All Comments on 'Stolen Birthright Ch. 38-41'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

The kids are going to have great losses to live with now. Family, pack and their wolves. Craig is going to flip when he feels Olivia's bond break. She and Mark can live out their days as plain old humans. They should adopt Tony and Tina. Olivia shares the loss of her wolf with them and can adjust with them to their new lives.

Ella being the only other who can understand what they will go through. The little ones are definitely going to need therapy. I imagine Tony will have anger issues. Especially someday when he sees Ella's boys shift to their wolves. Even if he's come to grips with his loss it will reopen the wound. Ella will have to become a counselor to them.

Now there is no leaving for any of Ella's pack wolves. Nadine and Natalie can't leave either. They would be found and killed. They could easily lose their pack and family as well. Leaving only Craig available to bond with. Ella won't know Doug, Remi or Renee's fate for years to come most likely. I think all inter-pack communications have come to an end until the Were War is over.

willieonewillieonealmost 7 years ago
So sad

Only good thing in this chapter was she got to kill the Alpha, I don't see why they couldn't just give the kids enough to knock out their wolf side completely for a few hours sending it to hibernate and leaving only the human side and be woken up later. Ella didn't loose her wolf til the second shot.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Onealmost 7 years ago

Just holy fuck. Olivia lost her wolf, and they saved two kids but at the cost of them having to lose their wolves. Alpha Anderson was a fucking idiot. Thinking he could make a deal and that just cost I don't know how many wolves lives. But holy fuck. I hope the rest of Ella's pack can keep their wolves till the end of the war.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

willieone,

You may be right but would the temporary hit have disabled their eyes? Ella's wolf hearing was still around even with her diminished wolf after the first shot. So her wolf vision likely also was still available. There's the catch, wolf vision = wolf eyes = glowing under blacklight.

Her abilities under wolfsbane may have been because of the Alpha power but that is unknown at the moment.

If that computer and any other info weren't completely destroyed the feds will get intel off it. That could lead them to anyone. Carol may have them fall on her next. The 4 once close packs may all go down like dominoes. Even any other pack he had gathered intel on.

Ella may get a visit from the feds if they find the St Cloud Pack. She holds title on the houses and lands. She can claim it's just real estate investments but she's still going to play 20 questions.

tjb50caltjb50calalmost 7 years ago
HOLY OMG

i never would have thought this story would turn in to a wolf genocide war, please do not let this continue this way much longer....there has to be a much better story line.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Only thing is this way we already knows runs for five years and a lot of wolves die because of it.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

tjb50cal,

Read "Behind the Lines of the Were War". It will give you an end. This is the beginning of the dark time that is talked of in Behind. There are always tragic tales in war but there can be hope, love and courage to offset the fear, loss and despair.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Onealmost 7 years ago

Just a crazy thought what if Ella and her little pack are to be for the weres who take a massive dose of Wolfsbane to allow some part of themselves to live through this war.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

The_Crazy_One,

That could happen if others took that option or had it forced on them in captivity if the feds had discovered wolfsbane's effects. Something was brought up previously that i've pondered. The wolfsbane kills the wolf but the wolf gene prevents a change back into a werewolf. No reinfection as it were but does that apply to other were species? If not, Black Ker may be able to grant something close if cats can change a human.

I wonder if Ella's grand reappearance after the war (assuming she makes it) will be bearing gifts. During the war, properties were seized and sold. The feds were unable to repurchase those pack lands. What if some real estate investor had kept close eyes on the seizures and had mysteriously always been the first and only bidder getting the lands for next to nothing. That investor could help her people restart by personally returning them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
This story is like a roller coaster

It started off near the bottom with the rape, then got better as Mark helped in Ella's healing. Then wolves attack Ella, but she rebounds and tells the "bad" packs to back off. She finds her mate who at first, runs away. He does come back, however, and pledges himself to her (awww). Mark, then Olivia are attacked (yeah, Olivia helped in Ella's rape, but (almost) no one deserves the beating she received (downer). Then the humor kicks in with the wolf "haircuts" before werewolves are outed and the govt clamps down, big time (scary).

So to get away, three wolves were killed - feel for them as I can't imagine how traumatic it is to lose your other half. Seems to me it's time for the were doctors to a) figure out a wolfsbane dosage that makes the eyes seem human and/or b) make contacts that weres can wear to appear human.

Looking for happiness again for Ellas as I so enjoy the wolf puppy piles - the kids are so cute after shifting. Too bad her sons won't have puppy playmates, though.

luv2read2

willieonewillieonealmost 7 years ago

still hope a pack doctor will come up with an antidote to the effects of the wolfbane so it can be reversed! After all it is all fantasy and anything is possible!!

LadyPartsLadyPartsalmost 7 years ago
Well....

That was unexpected.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
This story has gotten so sad!

The story is very good, but downright sad. Hopefully, it will come out of the doom and gloom soon. I don't know how that would be possible, but one can hope!

ausvirgoausvirgoover 4 years ago
Ouch! Talk about desperate measures.

Great story, even if it gets rough at times.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

That is so sad for Olivia and the kids.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES