All Comments on 'Stolen Birthright Ch. 52-55'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

damn I like this story

MakubakaMakubakaalmost 7 years ago
chuckle*

This may well be the best prequel Ever. In the history of all prequels.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Onealmost 7 years ago

So Ella is becoming a cat? Umm? I thought Joe and Linda were the first cross-mated wolf-cat to happen. How is mating with Craig going be effected by Ella being a cat? Hell Linda is part wolf, so I wondering if there will be a mating bond after Ella becomes a cat.

They are loners by nature and the fact Trevor is there already has me worried. He gave up Linda. Why wouldn't he give up Ella and her pack? This raised more questions than it answered. However its a damn good prequel I must say.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Reading this story adds so much meaning to my life.

partwolfpartwolfalmost 7 years agoAuthor
to answer some questions...

So Ella is becoming a cat? Umm? I thought Joe and Linda were the first cross-mated wolf-cat to happen. Ans: They plan to make Ella a cat. She is no longer a wolf, so if it works she will be pure cat.

How is mating with Craig going be effected by Ella being a cat? Hell Linda is part wolf, so I wondering if there will be a mating bond after Ella becomes a cat. Ans: We will have to wait. You are correct, Ella will not be a hybrid and cats don't have the same mating instinct.

They are loners by nature and the fact Trevor is there already has me worried. He gave up Linda. Why wouldn't he give up Ella and her pack? Ans: Trevor as of now is a trusted trainer and baby daddy. Just because you know from later doesn't mean Ker and Ella know now.

Glad you are enjoying it. Answers are coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Cross-were? Yick

Reminds me of that furry fetishism you run into on the net.

I wonder if the weres have picked up on how much damage they're doing to themselves? They're more effective than ISIS, their first introduction to the public was slaughtering children on mainstram media, they took down military installations, but most noticeably are now doing economic damage at levels that must be doing nuclear grade fear work on the public. That's not to mention the tri-state quarantine and civilian deaths. Multiply that fear by a factor of 1000 if Black Ker is outted, proving the existence of many were species.

Ellas pack being one of the few with their financial resources not frozen seems like someone besides Ella ought tobe going out as the public face of werewolves, showing that all wolves are not mindless killers and explaining to the public what is happening. Hell, dropping the secret of Wolfsbane would go along way to stopping the death of were people. The American military would never stop a fight on American soil like this without the intervention of the public, and the public actually needs a reason to do so that isn't based on fear

I'd vote Olivia since she's still needs redeeming, but she seems like a lost cause as her world view has always been selfish rather than the good of her pack or her kind.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

That plan to weaken the cartel by killing Jose and leaving it in Juan's hands isn't going to work out like they hope. Setting off a chain of events in the other story. I think one of those characters begins her journey in the near future of the timeline. Might be what leads to Al's demise. I wonder if the pack is still isolated on the island after the war ends? Might give a reason why Ella and her pack weren't at Wolfstock. We'll have to see.

That would be another blow to Ella if she didn't have the great desire to bond and be attached to the pack. While not a genetic mix like Linda she does still have the memories and feelings of pack life growing up. She may have to coax her panther into trying pack life. Assuming it even accepts Craig as a mate. Craig's wolf and Ella's panther are going to have to have their own discussion in a more physical way.

LadyPartsLadyPartsalmost 7 years ago
The unexploded chemical bombs

Are the failsafe control measure the CIA have. Ella has now delivered her pack into a beautiful prison that can be turned into a gas chamber for all inhabitants with a well placed drone strike. I hope their first order of business is to sniff them all out and get rid of them.

Cats and dogs interbreeding? This should be interesting.

I like the way you efficiently tell the story. You tend to write dry, the sexual energy missing, almost clinical in its lack of erotic tension and chemistry between characters, the flow of the story is constant at the same decibel. It is nearly impossible to emotionally connect with any of them. You have interesting stories to tell, but the lack of emotionally connecting keeps your stories from being compelling and engaging, for me at least. I don't know what to suggest to you to alter this, but if you could alter this, your stories would be outstanding.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
And the thot plickens!!!

*cues ominous music*

Really diggin' this one, partwolf.

Thank you.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

LadyParts,

Yeah, bombing a chemical test dump is a bad idea to think about. That's the kind of low down dirty evil thing i usually think of first. Damn I'm losing my edge.

Your cats and dogs interbreeding line has me thinking of a line in ghostbusters.

"Dogs and cats, living together, mass hysteria"

He has done it before in Mystery Mate. Black Ker being the result of a werecat/werewolf breeding then she becomes a wolf's mate and a pack Luna. Assuming Craig and Ella stay mates after the turn, they technically become the first to have done the alpha/luna wolf/cat thing.

I disagree with your assessment of his writing overall. Have you read his other stories? I find his details with actual areas make things much more real. Ok, i might nit pick a point or two when a story focuses on an area I was raised in.

I see emotion in his characters and their stories. He hasn't delved too deeply into the side characters in this story. Dominant Species covers many character stories all together but maybe you see that as disjointed? (It has no relation to this story at all however. The related stories are the 3 Were War stories & Mystery Mate.)

As to the love scenes, if love scenes take entire pages they're probably sleep inducing. If I'm going to take hours for sex it better be actually doing it and not reading about it. LOL Sometimes i think scenes get thrown in to please any who demand wank material.

lottie_8853lottie_8853almost 7 years ago
Ties

I love the way this story is tying all the other stories together.

Great work!!

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Onealmost 7 years ago

Honestly I been thinking about this. If Ella makes it through this mission which sounds hairy as all hell, honestly I don't think Trevor will try to hand her over to the mob. She got a pack unlike Linda who has a small child when she is taken. Yeah the mob is taking weres from all over the nation and forcing them to do their dirty work, but going after a pack on an island off Panama? They don't have the reach nor guns to do it.

Further I got a hunch that Al really doesn't die, instead he is mated to one of the two maids in Ella's pack. Well assuming her cat can take over as a Luna in the Pack as she will be pure cat and not a hybrid like Linda. But still it can answer why Al "dies" with out having him really dying. But then again I'm not that sure of this.

But my hunch is Ella and her cat goes on their own mission in Mexico after this still working for the CIA. This is why they don't so up at Wolfstock and with the events happening so quickly in the Werewar series and the year gap between it and Mystery Mate I can see time for Ella and her pack surfacing sometime inbetween the two.

willieonewillieonealmost 7 years ago
As a huge fan of Whitesabretooth

I don't see any problem of her being a panther and her mate being a wolf. I think their animal halves know they were mates before her change so her cat will already know they are mates and accept her life her habits may change slightly like enjoying climbing trees. She will still be the same Ella. I do agree that it is hard to feel anything for her as she never seems to think of her mate or kids and just goes into danger at the drop of a hat. She has left her boys for two years and the first thing she does on getting back is leave them again.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

The_Crazy_One,

While he probably knows Linda is preggo, It sounds like Linda is going to train Ella. Unless they call Trevor in as well, he may not be told about Ella or the mission until afterwards. Even then he may not know who the operative was.

If we speculate on possibilities for Al, other than death, I'd more like to see him end up with Alpha Stormwater. Imagine Ella succeeds in her mission, pulls a Hathcock and drops Jose in the midst of his stronghold. Trevor decides it's a perfect time to break from under the Agency's thumb and strikes a deal with the Torchellis. (Maybe he already knew them?) Kill his handler and he could give them use of Black Ker for a fee of course. That situation could still shift if Trevor got leveraged into handing them Ker as happens in the other story.

Say he didn't know about Ella being on the mission and Ker was with Al when the hit happens. She gets Al to safety hiding him someplace no-one would look (stormwater's pack) and letting everyone think he was dead until she could figure out who was behind the hit. She ended up under mob control and that ended that investigation.

Ella could be left hanging without an exfil when Al is out of the picture. She ends up chased deep into central or south america. If the pack's location was compartmentalized and the agency didn't know about them, the hazmat island could be a safe place. So long as any continued cyber warfare or active support of packs in the quarantined zones isn't traced to them. If it is, they are toast. Maybe the covert agents get pulled somehow and they all end up isolated and cut off from all things stateside so they didn't hear the war ended.

Those isolations allow for not appearing in the other stories. Black Ker wouldn't have been able to help Ella during the mob control and her memory loss later may have included Ella.

Ok, I'm beat running hypotheticals.

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

willieone,

Ella is doing the job to pay for her release and ensure a safe place for her pack which includes her boys. She could have declined and easily paid the bill but her pack would be in the wind again and possibly in immediate danger. If they are located with Stormwater's pack it threatens them as well. So she's putting her responsibilities first.

GoddessofPowerGoddessofPoweralmost 6 years ago

I absolutely love the Krav reference you did a couple chapters back!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fantastic tie in with the heroine of My Mystery Mate

Absolutely love the way this story changes....someday hope your series will be made into movies too.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 4 years ago
Crap Sorry unintended 1 star

Crap

In scrolling I hit the 1 star. Hopefully I can fix because this series and writing are definitely 5 star. If not my sincere apologies for the unintended low rating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sometimes, 5 stars just aren't enough. And you have done again.

Thank you.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Rolling along very nicely and a twist on survival in the Were War era.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES