All Comments on 'Stones of Incienda Ch. 01 Pt. 01'

by Zodia195

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

"What is it Inari?" Inaya asked the black hair, darkly tanned skin teen."

Your editor should know that names must have a comma either after them or in front of them. I notice this is rarely done. That sentence is terribly awkward. It could read something like this:

"What is it (comma) Inari?" Inaya asked the deeply-tanned, dark-haired teen.

Editor should also know that numbers must be written out:

"That was 5 years ago." Should be, "That was five years ago." These are very basic rules.

Starting a story with a huge list of facts and place names isn't the best way to draw people in. I hope this is helpful to you!

Zodia195Zodia195about 8 years agoAuthor
To Anon

Yeah, I realize that a draw back of this tale is giving too much This first part might go a little fast but I do try to slow things down. I know this could very well be not one of my best stories due to all the information, but I still love it and I do want people to enjoy it. Grammar wise, I'll try to keep those things in mind. Personally I'd rather see a numerical number than it's spelled out version because it's easier to identify and read. But when I think about it, I don't think any of the professional writers I read ever use the actual numbers. So yeah I'll let my editor know of these things.

Still Anon, I do hope you like some parts of it so far. I've seen a few other authors manage huge cast lists in their series and I know I can manage this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

All carictures but not much story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userZodia195@Zodia195
I got my BFA in Fall of 2012 and now at a crossroads on what to do with my life. I love to draw, paint, read, write, and play games. Update- June 24, 2018- Hey guys, very important update here. I was working on the next part of Dragons of Fraidel, but had to put writing on ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES