All Comments on 'Stories We Ruined Together Pt. 10'

by Initiate_me

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

So much achieved in short/brief space — you write so very well; really bring to life your main character — feel like we know her/could talk with her. Thick muddy uncertainty is ideal metaphor for her state of mind; this entire chapter/scene makes real that uncertainty in various ways and you literally share with us. Like referencing the Victorian door and acknowledging that distraction as irrelevant to story — speaks to us and her distracted state of mind, And her almost rambling introspection around the near accident is exactly what would happen — very well done. Some might say curb side event bit melodramatic, but disagree. It reflects perfectly her emotional state of mind — his arm around her in her conflicted state only heightens already very tense/conflicted feelings and forces “release” — almost metaphorical moment. But at the end of this piece tension simmers and conflict unresolved. Obviously I enjoy “overthinking” your work; a compliment. Isn’t that what one does while reading good fiction?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Over shocking betrayal still stewing

Confusion and anger a-brewing

From a daze of duped love

Bursts one fateful shove ---

Goodbye text admits no misconstruing.

5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userInitiate_me@Initiate_me
All feedback for my stories, positive and negative, is really appreciated. Hearing people's thoughts makes writing worthwhile.