All Comments on 'Stories We Ruined Together Pt. 12'

by Initiate_me

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

Lizzie tells us at the outset of this series: “This story will have some weird parts, some sex, some upsetting events, so my apologies in advance for that. There's things I regret, things that are embarrassing, things that are painful, that I'd prefer to leave out, but that's life, isn't it?” Well, your captivating story did include those things, and she is right, that is life. Someone might argue that the ending was a bit abrupt. I would disagree — the ending captured each of those “things” in a tightly crafted, almost poignant closing scene: weirdness, sex, regret, embarrassment, pain. I got caught up in the storyline just as you intended from the very beginning because Lizzie is so 3-dimensional, so real. You feel like hugging her, yelling at her, listening to her. Thanks for sharing. 5 stars. Certainly hope you find time and energy to share more from your vivid imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Together again seems the tops

Till illness their love briefly stops

Though given a warning

One can’t help but mourning

Her shock when the other shoe drops.

5 stars

astushkinastushkinover 1 year ago

What a gem of a tale --- written as a STORY first, not just a sex story. The prose is confident without seeming overworked. You created a 3-dimensional, nuanced character in Lizzie with an economy of words that didn't interrupt the flow of the story. The character of Ed, on the other hand, had an almost vague, ephemeral quality, as if being glimpsed from the corner of the eye --- which was fitting given the story line. I loved the touches of humor --- "extremely okay", Romeo giving her a "judgy stare". (Liked the choice of the name Romeo --- not so much foreshadowing, given the opening paragraph, but a touch of irony.) It was a bold foray to begin by announcing there wouldn't be a 'happily ever after' --- but it served the story well, transforming what would otherwise have been simply a bittersweet dating account to something akin to a horror story. A sensation of irresistible dread grew with each chapter as I wanted to shout warnings to the heroine along the way. With the final chapter, I initially found myself disappointed that she didn't confront him, but soon realized that would have added nothing; Gareth's explanation suffices to account for Ed's behavior as much as Ed's sputtering guilty excuses or heartless insouciance would have done if she had confronted him. Indeed, leaving with her dignity intact (as much as it could be), but her emotions repressed, was more in keeping with her character. Such a poignant and engrossing story. Thank you for sharing.

khollen2khollen2over 1 year ago

I really enjoyed this story, so real, so heartfelt, so erotic. You're a good writer, thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a story, I loved the style. I'm normally a HEA reader and now I know why! I need to know if Ed got his comeuppance, how Lizzie recovered, did her pics end up on the internet, etc, etc?!? This story is going to stay with me for some time..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Awful ending, hated it! And I hated she was okay with him exposing her

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

and, of course, this is how real life can be. I hope it isn't autobiographical, in any of its aspects. you seem, as the author, like a nice person, one who shouldn't have to experience such tragedy.

it has brought back to mind some of my own circumstances, ones I was sure at the time I would never recover from.

but I could never have described them so beautifully.

thank you for all this, for all the time you've taken for this. I will watch for more of your writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userInitiate_me@Initiate_me
All feedback for my stories, positive and negative, is really appreciated. Hearing people's thoughts makes writing worthwhile.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES