All Comments on 'Storm of Shadows Ch. 09'

by JazCullen

Sort by:
  • 65 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤘🤘

madbonermadbonerabout 7 years ago
Marvellous

It was really a surprise to see an update today. Waiting for the grand finale.

Masterskitten26Masterskitten26about 7 years ago
Truly Wonderful!

Thank you so very much for this chapter! I was dying a little inside each week waiting. My imagination on the brink of disaster NEEDED more JazCullen!!!!!

YAY! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Littlecat76Littlecat76about 7 years ago
No wonder!!

Apart from the fact you have "a real life" it seems to me no wonder this chapter was a long time coming. The storyline has taken off on its own and it would have been hard to corral it back into a manageable piece! Or maybe that's just me and this is where you always intended it to go lol

Love it, thanks Jaz

JuicyPeach72272JuicyPeach72272about 7 years ago
AWESOME AS ALWAYS

I absolutely love all your stories Jaz and your writing style is so wonderful and easy to follow, which on this site is sometimes not the easiest thing to do. You absolutely have a future as a writer Jaz, so PLEASE, keep up the fantastic work!!!

Blessed Be,

Peach

willieonewillieoneabout 7 years ago
Thanks Jazzy I need that!

Beautiful chapter and actual progress. Now the wait for the next installment and you know how patient I am. lol

CC1984CC1984about 7 years ago
Yay!!

Thanks for the update!! I couldn't wait to read this when I saw it was updated this morning!! A vampire baby?!?! I'm excited to read everyone's reaction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Yay!

Ok, this is what I've been waiting for since we learned Anakatrine and Guard were born, not made. A son for Annie and Caleb!! I loved the first time we saw Caleb with Jared and Millie's twin girls. He melted and instantly thought he would kill anyone that ever attempted to hurt them. I knew he'd make a great father then. Can't wait to see that. Interesting that they are becoming the next Queen and King in their own right. So will Ana and Callain disappear? So many questions like what is the reason the original mixed mates haven't been able to have more Varcolac babies? Anyway, just really enjoying this story now. I kind of hope Joshua finds his mate in one of the American packs, maybe one of Jared & Millie's daughters? I still miss them. Can't wait for the next chapter. Awesome as always!

~K.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
YAY!!!!

Thank you soooo much for this. I've been waiting somewhat impatiently for this chapter. You really are an amazing writer. Now I have to go back and reread it all again. Your story and character development is awesome. I know that Fighting the Inevitable is for sale on Amazon (I bought it). Will the others be available for purchase any time soon? I love these so much that I go back and reread them over and over again. I would love to have them in my library. Thank you for sharing your amazing talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Oh you really have been hitting the mark dead center with this story. One thing that strikes me this time is I could see how this could be the last in the series. If so may I make a request; that is tell us Kal's story along way. It was worth the wait. Dave D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you for the update

You sure know how to toss those shocking surprises into the story.

cittrancittranabout 7 years ago
Oh you cruel devil you.

You made it EXACTLY long enough to put "To Be Continued" as the only thing on the third page.

Y U TEASE?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

This chapter was just okay for me personally.... sometimes the dialogue is clumsy and the overall pacing is sluggish. There seems to be a more heavy handed approach with interactions and descriptions... sometimes it is better to show instead of tell. Scenes are being drawn out to the point where it feels like one scene has been taking place over the span of two or three chapters.

I in no way mean any disrespect; I am a huge fan of your writing and you undoubtedly have talent. I just think that this particular installment has been quite lackluster, which is disappointing simply because of the potential that is there.

sailandoarsailandoarabout 7 years ago
Thank . .

. . . You , I have been checking patiently for new installments of this gripping story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
yeah

been waiting ages for this. thank you can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Well see you all in another 6 months 😉

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank God you are back.

Been waiting for you like forever. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Glad you posted

Jaz was glad to see your post and did enjoy it. I hope your health is returning and we get a return to the former pace. Best to you,

Wolfman_1962

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Happy dance

So glad to see an update couse i am addicted to the story and because i am hoping this means your health is improving thank you for the chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Grrreat writing!

Thank you Jaz! Grrreat writing as always. Hugs and Kisses

MoonWillow9MoonWillow9about 7 years ago
You did it again!

You have managed to surprise me, yet again, as to where the story has gone and is going. I must say, not many can do that...most are predictive.

You are absolutely one of my TOP favorite authors in the world. I just can't get enough of your stories. I keep coming back every so often after going thru other books and then come back to read these stories over again. They're just so addicting! I'm so in love with all the characters and where the evolving story is going.

I LOVE your stories and I'm so excited when I see a new addition. I even bought a few of your books on Kindle. Until next time....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
In love

I love ur stories iv read them like ... all the way though like ... 3 times now and im thinking about doin another time around

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Welcome back!

So glad to see you are back and writing as wonderful as always. I hope you are feeling much better and back to your old self.

The update was a wonderful and welcome surprise to discover this morning - thank you.

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 7 years ago
I'm really glad to see an update.

It's crazy to think that I've been with you for 7 years now. Though I miss the days of frequent updates, I'm glad that I will be able to stay with these characters until their (hopefully) happily ever afters.

One critique I will make is that the magic of your stories has always been based around two areas- world building and romantic relationships. The couple have been the anchors for the wonderful world you have created. In the last few books, I have found that the world has been given much more importance than the couples and I've felt a little... detached from the story. Without a couple to invest in, who cares what happens to the world?

I hope the next arc focuses a bit more on a couple's journey within this dangerous and ever changing world. Then hopefully, the special sparkle that made me invest so much in your characters and therefore your world, will return.

As always, thanks for writing.

coffinbaitcoffinbaitabout 7 years ago
I loved it

Sorry for only giving one star. I read on a Android phone and it won't let me check all the stars! I absolutely loved this new part! I'm a little confused where the books Annie was reading came from,but that's okay! I need to know that Gard and Rayne are okay!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
wtf took you so long

I loved it, but after such a long time without posting, one would think that you could do better than just 2 pages. I mean come on, you got us pretty hooked, and now you're teasing us. Nothing pisses me off more than that!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
to be continued...

lol 3rd page just says to be continued that is just so hilarious lmao

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Please...

I am begging you.. please write more frequently... I get worried for characters.. your writing is that good... update often... love the stories...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Gah!!!!

Funny that page three says to be continued.. again can't wait for more! Loved the insight to the past!

eroticraidereroticraiderabout 7 years ago
Can't wait for more!

Fantastic to see the saga continuing!

BlahBlaughBlahBlaughabout 7 years ago
My goodness

I just about DIED.

i cried, literally shed a tear , when I found out annie was With child. I literally am so invested in these characters!

Whoa. My mind is blown.

It is also so interesting how you are slowly but surly folding back the layers to Agony's humanity! such a powerful being, I'm excited for Kothi to realize the full potential of his powers once all three sides of him work effectively together as a unit. I'm also interested to see how Talia is going to work within that transition!

Sidenote*** am i the only one who thinks that Kallum is the next vampire King? lol i can't help but think that his mate would be annoys Daughter AHHH my mind is going a million miles/ minute!

so excited for you next update!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Disappointed...

This is becoming so convoluted. I understand this whole series began with Rhianna and Caleb but it's a bit tiring to have them overshadow every aspect of this. I mean, we have people missing, at least one potential mating, the main character (I'm assuming? At least, that's how it seemed at first. Kothari is like a random person in some scenes) is going through a severe breakdown of some kind, etc etc... and yet we are reading about the OG characters more than anyone else. It's nice but dampening my interest because it seems like you only want to write about them. I hope your next chapter is better- and comes sooner- than this. It seems like your heart isn't in this one or something.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
AMAZING

I can't wait for the next one!!! i love how you are building Agony. I can see this going so many different ways i can't wait for the next one! KEEP IT UP :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Please!

Please come back!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Too much time passed

I'm having trouble remembering each plot line and who is who

Imagine if game of thrones released episodes with months of space in between

Release stories on more consistent basis

bossladybossladyalmost 7 years ago
Kothi's Transformation

I had stopped checking in to see if there was a new chapter. I lost my breath there for a moment to see this. This story has wrapped itself around me and just won't let go. I am anxious with the transformation happening with Kothari. I can't wait to see how he turns out. It's only fitting that Caleb and Annie be able to share their joy while extending their line. I'm beyond excited. Please don't take so long to come back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
i think i see the pattern

the revelation about the geneis people and the nature of the split, makes me wonder, in annie is correct ( but not) on who the next king and queen are

MARYF206MARYF206almost 7 years ago
I adore this story

as well as your others thanks for the update (glad to see updates anytime)

OddBall68OddBall68almost 7 years ago

I've enjoyed all of the author's stories and can't wait to see what happens in this one. Will Fox and Dara be mates? He had a strange draw to Cassia so maybe that was just a little of Dara's scent on her? Who or what was he searching for on this side of the pond?

It is humorous that Kothari/Agony has gone from loner to now having 3 women in his future family.

Mate - Nati (according to Mila)

Mother in law - Ava

Sister in law/adopted daughter of Ava - Pippa

Or perhaps he'll adopt Pippa?

Hopefully Mila and Nati will be an edge to keep everyone out of trouble. Dara and Kothari need the same blocks/traps in their minds as Caleb and Annie to have a chance against the unknown opponent. That person took down Gard & Rayne.

KelpieKelpiealmost 7 years ago
Loving it!

I have read every book so far and can't wait for the next chapter to be downloaded. You're an exceptional writer and by far one of my favorites and current obsession. Thank you for taking time out of your busy life including dealing with health issues to care for your many fans. Your books have become my way of escaping during my own health issues/treatments. Many many thanks for giving my mind a place of respite. Now to go if only I was a slower reader!

blacgoldblacgoldalmost 7 years ago
Woooooooooow

I never dreamed when I lucked into finding A Long Walk Home, that years later I would still be checking anxiously (while pretending to be patient) for the next chapter in the story. I had no clue that I would go back to the beginning and re-read the series repeatedly. I would have thought I would get bored and forget about the whole website by now. Years after my first introduction you are the author that brings me back to the site time and time again. Every other paranormal story I've read since has been compared to this one. You've set a high bar. I'll continue to wait patiently while you craft the story. Thank you for sharing such an amazing tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
?????

Storm chapter 10? Any idea when? Sometimes soon, maybe?

shoutingdevil50927shoutingdevil50927almost 7 years ago
Anonymous 4/13/17

Kothari appears random and unpredictable because he's a creature of both shadow and light. Even though he walks on the edge he takes solace in the darkness and the darkness is not a easy path to walk. He is beautiful yet deadly. Compassionate yet cruel. He is a paradox.

It is hard for her write his tale because JazCullen is a soft hearted woman and truly beautiful soul. Because of this it is hard for her to immerse herself in his world, to understand him, to give words to his way of thinking. It hurts her more because the inspiration for Kothari comes from a real person who is a very dear friend of hers and it pains her to see him like this.

Please have patience. She will write it as quickly as she can. It will take time because it is a gory tale. She writes about others to temper the story, to let her psych heal.

shoutingdevil50927shoutingdevil50927almost 7 years ago
Anonymous 6/28/17

She's busy at the moment and dealing with real life. She will upload when she can. She enjoys writing it but real life intrudes and demands her attention.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great story

Hi.. I'm new to literotica.. Can anyone tell me the first story of this series??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Beginning of the series

Can anyone tell me where to find the first story of this series (Fighting The Inevitable). It's not in the Submissions page, but is mentioned in the story 'The Assignment'

shoutingdevil50927shoutingdevil50927almost 7 years ago
Anonymous 07/03/17

Jaz has taken down the story and I think she's rewriting it - making some changes.

willieonewillieonealmost 7 years ago
shoutingdevil50927

She took it down edited it and has since published it under the name J.C.Gordon you can find her books on Smashwords published May 2015 cost 3,99 USD.

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/JazCullen

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Please please please

Continue with all the clan stories! Have missed reading them all! You have such a great talent if drawing people in to your stories! Would love to see all the kids find their mares. Then finding out about the winsCC

Masterskitten26Masterskitten26almost 7 years ago
Shoutingdevil... their all still there

All of the stories related to this one and the rest of this one are still available for reading on this venue.

Stop trying to shove panick down everyone's throats.

Jaz would NEVER do that to her fanbase!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Ha, ha!

Cue happy dance! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! I've been following this series for years. I just came back to see if there were any new installments. I was not disappointed! Loved this chapter. We get some much needed background explanations here. Or if you've been reading between the lines, some much needed confirmations. Can't wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
FTI

You can also, get the Fighting the Inevitable book on Amazon, or Apple iBooks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Love this whole thing ... ready and waiting for the next chapter ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
pregnancy

Just wondering why Annie aka the Queen of Vampires would have a 9 month pregnancy, Lily too when Loretta only had a 63 day 1....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
More, please

I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! I have been following this story for quite some time but ... you're killing me here. It takes soooooo long to get the next chapter. Will we be getting the next one any time soon? Please????!!! Also, is there any chance of being able to buy this? I keep going back and rereading it from the beginning. I bought Fighting the Inevitable from Amazon and would love to have all the rest for my own library. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talent for storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
All well?

Great chapter. Is been too long Jaz. What's happening? Hope alls well. Hurry please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Can't wait!

Jaz your stories are AMAZING! Please continue ... they are missed..

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Re: anonymous pregnancy comment

Loretta is a were...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You are killing me

I can't wait any longer for the next chapter... and it is starting to be painful

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66over 6 years ago
I have just taken a week re-reading

To get to here and can't wait for your next chapter I hope it comes soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Oh Jaz! 7 months is a long wait time!

I just hope this doesn't mean u have stopped this series. If that's the case please put us out of this misery!!! Still waiting for ur next chapter(s)!!!

A_StoneA_Stoneover 6 years ago
This was one for the books!

For those who are binge reading like me, I have commented on like the past three chapters lol but I can’t help it!

Kothari is gonna be a daddy! Who would have thought?! Agony is the perfect bad guy cuz I love him and hate him all in one. When the bad guys are too one dementional it gets boring, but Agony is so multilayered I feel like I learn more about him each chapter.

As for Caleb and Annie, if you just moved on from them, then the connection between the past and present would be lost. I’ve seen some haters but I truly love them. It’s hard to give each pairing the attention they deserve and I think you have done a beautiful job so far!

On a side note, please ave Dante and Joshua mate with some of our girls!

LupaSolarisLupaSolarisover 5 years ago
My theory

I'm in my third or forth re-reading of the saga... Here is what I think about the "Kothari issue"...

- The Vârcolac are the more powerful race existing.

- The Triumvirate members are the most powerful vampires, and maybe the only ones more powerful than the Vârcolac.

- The Guardian and the First-Born Vârcolac are the oldest living beings on Earth.

- All of this may make Kothari something like The most powerful being...

- Every Vârvolac suffered the overprotectiveness of the adults around them. They now struggle to find their limits, their purpose in life...

Now just imagine this overpowered child... He is the son of someone that spent six thousand years devoted to his younger sister, and someone that spent three thousand years not knowing who she was, but still helping lost souls like her, being happy with their happiness.

Kothari needs to be useful, needs to be in charge of protecting the ones he loves. Lets remember every moments we went «Awww, he's so good when he wants to!...»? That was when he was the one needed to save the day! He caught Lily falling the cliff, he garded Pietro's window, he killed the vampires attacking Reasa... And now, he has a child under his wings, and he takes this responsability very seriously. Everybody fears him, but not Pippa, she knows that he will take care of her. He is gentle with her, he knows how to talk to her. He is as much a Gardian as his father, and would be as much a carer as his mother if he could get the right opportunities. He always was the only one that had no sibbling or cousin to care for. They all were in pairs except him, he was the odd one.

I think that to make peace with himself, Kothari needs to be acknowledged as a guardian, be it of the pack, of Pippa, of a second child Gard and Rayne could have, of Annie's and Caleb's baby, or his own! He could be wonderful as beta to Kallum, as big brother, mentor, head of security, and yes, as a mate and father.

nicintasnicintasover 5 years ago
Dear LupaSolaris

I agree with your premise, but he can’t be guardian of Annie’s baby. It said that the queen always gives birth to the next guardian of the next queen first. So the baby she’s pregnant with now is going to be that guardian. But Kothi could definitely be a guardian of the Vârcolac and there future children…

Good ideas though!

LoveDeniedLoveDeniedabout 3 years ago

I love this series and bought FTI as soon as it was available. In this re-reading I am just noticing the problem with geography. If everyone is starting from Scotland, which the story implies, then they aren't going to go north to get to Romania and certainly not by train - until they get to the continent. Just a thought before this installment (and the earlier ones referencing Scotland) go to publishing for purchase. Keep up the great work!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJazCullen@JazCullen
31 January 2021 Storm of Shadows Ch 12 has been submitted today. Hopefully it will be with you all soon :) Jaz Also, Fighting the Inevitable is now available to buy on Amazon... Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1SxJWkg Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Y52J5VY I have ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES