All Comments on 'Storm of the Century'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
GhostbearGhostbearover 17 years ago
Another

good story, Dan. Please keep writing.

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Well done!

Grief and recovery, a great combination. Nothing crazy, no "he-man" reaction, anger and a solution. Discovery and helping someone in need are a nice touch. Altogether a very nice story well told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Simple,

sweet, to the point, enjoyable read, well written, good character development, great flow, overall... nice job. a fan always.

wetapapwetapapover 17 years ago
Simple,

sweet, to the point, enjoyable read, well written, good character development, great flow, overall... nice job. a fan always.

p.s. sorry about the anonymous submission, forgot to log in

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Story That Deserves Reading - Good Solid Work

Thanks Author - you, your talent and story are appreciated.

Good imagination and clean clear writing.

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Real Story...

with realistic characters. Thanks for not dwelling endlessly on why Gerry cheated and the details of her encounters with his best friend. Thanks for not spending time with revenge because it was clear that they made their choice not to hurt him but to serve themselves. Thanks for having him move on with his life once it was clear that he could not live with her betrayal.

You write excellent stories and I can not wait for the next one. Thanks!

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
good story

more should have been spent on the future relationship.

the encounters --- especially the second time around --- were believable; you could see him shaking, doubting himself, before he asked her not to go. you could see how torn she is before she says okay, i'll stay.

good story, as others said

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Enjoyable read

Very nicely done. The plot's a bit formulaic but it's handled well. Thanks for a good read.

cbr1000rrcbr1000rrover 17 years ago
Superb!

Loved it, very well written and believable.

Great Stuff

jiminabjiminabover 13 years ago
All three

I have just read your three favotite stories and I loved them all. Just so smooth. They were so enjoyable. I just wish there were more but that is just being selfish as I cannot return the pleasure. The only course I failed in 8 years of university was English 101. lol So thank you for the enjoyment. Jim

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
First of three

I just finished the first of the three stories of yours that you "favorited." It was a very enjoyable short story.

You didn't get into a whole lot of character development but that is usually the case in a short story. I'm looking forward to reading your other favorites and then, hopefully, many of your other stories.

gravyruggravyrugover 12 years ago
Very nice

I really enjoyed the story, although I could've enjoyed a much longer version of it as well.

I did cackle rather loudly at one point: "I lifted the blanket and checked her leg, the bleeding had stopped so I changed it for a fresh one,"

Really? He had a fresh leg handy to change out with her injured one? That's being really prepared!!!

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Yeah I caught that the word dressing was missing too -

Had to re-read just to be sure it was not me then laughed as well -

Nice story about a couple of seemingly nice people who took care of each other - works for me so far heh.

gulshannraygulshannrayabout 11 years ago
Storm of the Century.

A very good story ,nicely narrated. Keep it up Magmaman !

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a nice little story of love

no lust...just gentle loving...a good thing he spotted her car......very romantic...so glad she returned to him...life just got a whole lot better for both of them......loved it....one of the best stories....no flashing ...no cheating...no screwing around just pure love...just how it should be....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Short & Sweet

Really enjoyed this excellent story! It may have been short but told quite a bit with an economy of words. ~ Would think that several more chapters could grow from this but,then again,it's fine as is and tickles my imagination! Well done! 5+

123noproblem123noproblemabout 5 years ago
Great

This just shows how a good story doesn't take pages and pages. A lot of action packed in a couple of pages!

QuintiusQuintiusover 4 years ago
Lovely little story

Very sweet the way these two hurt people were drawn together and helped one another heal. Sometimes it's not a rebound, it's just fate bringing people who are right for one another together. It may have sucked but, had Gerry not cheated on him, Kim probably would have died thinking she was unloved. These loyal people deserve this chance to find love together.

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
NO MATTER WHAT ITS CALLED OR THE CIRCUMSTANCE INVOLVED

a pseudo rebound hook up turns out for the best and hopefully to be the best, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story. I would like to hear how they continued.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
2702 Followers
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...