All Comments on 'Stormwatch – A Wedding in The Wood'

by Duleigh

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Outstanding chapter!

5

topofthehamtopofthehamover 1 year ago

What a great chapter in this story!

Niceguy2000Niceguy2000over 1 year ago

It's a WILLYS CJ-2, not "Willies". 😁

H_RoarkH_Roarkover 1 year ago

Love it! Great setup of the terrible events in the plane and wrap up. Just kind of wishing Magda received a gift from Amorous Goods. <evil grin>. Maybe Christmas

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbumover 1 year ago

Well done. Leaving enough questions unanswered for next chapter

QBikkQBikkover 1 year ago

I still like Veronica and Josh, but I gave often the feeling in the last 2 chapters that you are losing them of your sight. Two many side stories at once, Mike and Audrey bring more confusion than anything. Not speaking of her sister appearing. (Which is not yet clarified in this chapter) really good writing as usual though.

Niceguy2000Niceguy2000over 1 year ago

To amplify what WIll referred to...

The first couple of pages of this chapter were awfully hard going.

I appreciate a recap, but you threw too many names and details at once.three

We're the bedrock stories and names of secondary characters like the restaurant staff REALLY necessary?

I'm journalism school, the professors always said "Less is more".

To be a first rate writer you have to know when detail is needed and when it's just detail for the sake of detail.

Many times when writing, I have had to drop a good line or thought in the name of brevity or clearity.

I grew up on air bases so I know all about "fourplexes", but few were built in WWII. The DoD didn't start building base housing until the '50s. If there really is a neighborhood in Buffalo, it was probably built in the '50s for an interceptor unit.

If course you can never say never. But building housing for the Army staff (they worked as inspectors and contract officers) at a factory in a big city would have been unusual.

Finally, I'm not a fan of the Audrey/Mike subplot.

Sure, a young girl with no education and her dad in prison really needs to get pregnant by a penniless guy old enough to be her grandfather with a heart condition.

But they are your characters, you can make them as stupid as you like. :)

DuleighDuleighover 1 year agoAuthor

Niceguy 2000 - thank you for using your name this time, check your email,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked this, FINALLY, a Halloween story about Halloween and not some random slasher trying to slice up horny teenagers. What's next for Josh and Veronica? Are we going to see Ellie again? I was hoping she was going to show up.

That neighborhood that Niceguy 2000 says doesn't exist sounds suspiciously like Tiarunda in Cheektowaga NY where my Aunt Trudy used to live, she was a couple of blocks from Windwood Courts where "Fourplexes" that don't exist are located. Of course being a journalism student he would know all about writing about things that don't exist.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Just a possibility that Josh had seen a photo or more likely a front cover of Nica in the PX shortly before the C130 got can-opened. The connection of the pleasant memory of her smiling photo and the terror of hanging out a plane on a strap could have connected the best and worst in Effies mind at that moment. So it didn't have to be voodoo that caused that image to save his life.

DuleighDuleigh6 months agoAuthor

Anonymous - I like that possibility! When I write the ideas appear before me, but quite often there's no how or why, sometimes that happens later. We'll be seeing Josh and Veronica again soon, they'll be doing guest cameos in Andi's Dream 2 and 3

Campus77Campus774 months ago

A beautiful wedding. And a big surprise with Mike and Audrey. The imagination of this author and his words on the screen make me very happy. On to the next....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDuleigh@Duleigh
Disabled veteran, learning how to live from the sidelines. Still trying to figure out if I'm writing these stories, or if these stories are writing me. I've given them free rein to flow and now it's time to start publishing, The scores reflect that you like what I am publishin...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES