All Comments on 'Stowaway Monsters Ch. 01'

by Mars_Inamorata

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighover 6 years ago
Not a very nice person

If Joanna had been called Joseph, her sexual 'advances' to Esther would have been called a serious assault if not rape. Joanna, not a very nice person who has one hell of a lot of growing up to do. In short, a very unlikeable character it's hard to feel any sympathy for but it will be interesting to watch her progress in subsequent chapters. It says much for your writing skill that you've made Joanna so intriguing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
PLEASE WRITE MORE!

Please keep going

I really love it

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Please continue

I really enjoyed the story. I can't wait for Ch 2. Even though Joanna isn't nice, I believe it makes the story better.

Mars_InamorataMars_Inamorataover 6 years agoAuthor
Moanaigh reply

I definitely wouldn't call Joanna's actions "sexual advances" or even "seduction." I wanted to write Joanna a certain way, after all, people are diverse. Joanna is young, immature, and bitter, but at anytime, Esther did have the power to say no. Please look forward to their development in the next chapter!

metroalmametroalmaover 6 years ago
GIrls of today

I have known a few as a teacher, watching in wonder as they sort their way through the maze that is called puberty. I have seen a few Joanna's I feel that you have got her spot on. Yes she is mean, but she is angry and in love, a fearsome combination when hormones are running unabated. If I am upset with anyone it is Esther. She should know that her actions have had consequences and stop acting like the "Naif" that she claims to be.

So looking forward to Chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Really well done first chapter

Well developed characters, albiet a lot twisted hormonal one. As to the law on sexual assault, that line was crossed multiple times. Anytime the word, No, stop, don't is used. Sorry that's assault. I am not complaining, as you said it is about a very hormonal and angry person, and is a plot line in a good story. I really like and am looking forward to chapter 2

Jay545Jay545over 6 years ago
yay!

I enjoyed this chapter and am very happy to hear there is more to come as it was shorter than i usually like.

Much thanks, cant wait for next instalment!

verbicideverbicideover 6 years ago
Torn

I have to admit, I'm as torn as several of the other readers over this. The story is well written, which is what makes it uncomfortable to read. What makes it even more uncomfortable is the authors denial that Esther was victimized. She was the subject of unsolicited sexual advances, the first time being a physical attack. She DID say no several times and asked Joanna to stop, which she did not...whether she enjoyed some of what happened is neither here nor there...she was victimized. I'm a boomer. We're supposed to be the ones who can't tell the difference between coercion and consent, or at least that's what I am frequently told by Gen-xers and Millennials, but having worked in the medical field, I recognize assault. In every assault there is an aggressor and a victim. Regardless of age or outcome, Joanna is the assailant and Esther the victim. I'm wondering how this will play out in chapter 2, because in RL it rarely goes well for the mental health of the assaulted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good start

I liked this story. It has me on the edge of my seat and I look foward to ch. 2.

evelynsuwilanjievelynsuwilanjiover 6 years ago

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anxiously waiting for Ch 2

AzengarAzengarover 6 years ago
Looking forward for more

Absolutely loved this story ; the characters were well written and very interesting. I'm really looking forward the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nonconsent

All of the sexual encounters in this story fall among sexual assault categories and the sex scene was obviously a narration of a rape including all the emotions a self blaming victim goes through. This story should have been in Nonconsent / Reluctant category.

The perp acts like a nagging teenager (to be fair, she is one) blaming others for everything that went wrong. And the narrator is doing exactly what a lot of sexual assault survivors do - blaming herself and taking the responsibility of the act upon herself. What she is not in the right mind to understand though is that this is not about being the adult or repenting what she had done in past, it is about being taken advantage of and being manipulated. This story is well on its path to become the story of an abusive relationship.

lonecrowlonecrowover 6 years ago
3 things

1. If Joanna was James, no one would doubt that this was a rape story, James was a sexual predator, and Esther was a victim.

2. Joanna is a selfish and self-centered character who only cares about her own first world "struggles" and doesn't even care about what Esther went through being the teenage daughter of divorced parents. She thinks she loves Esther, while in truth she doesn't love anyone except herself. Not even her sister or her parents.

3. Esther has been feeling guilty about leaving young Joanna and is thus vulnerable to the girl who she once took care of. Joanna is clearly exploiting that vulnerability.

francetofrancetoover 6 years ago
Waiting for more

this story is an absolute bombshell, and just my type, can't wait for the next chapter in this series

eshortie103eshortie103over 6 years ago
wow

Can we get more please?

HobomonarchyHobomonarchyover 6 years ago
Hello Mars Inamorta

You really shouldn't be getting after people for nitpicking about a story that IS NOT in the nonconsent/reluctance category when that story features content that is really straddling the line between reluctance and non-consent.

You say that Ester could have said no at anytime. But you have also established Johanna as a very aggressive character who in all likelihood would not take no for a answer.

I do like your story and your writing style but again don't get "triggered" by people expressing their opinion when a stories content doesn't match it's category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Please continue

Ignore the negative comments and please continue. I really enjoyed your story and have been waiting for the second part for 10 days. Great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Can't wait for the rest!

You have such a great writing style, love the character exploration too. This and Semblance are really interesting, complex stories and would love to see you continue!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Next chapter please and soon

I liked the build of characters and story line. Looking forward to see how Joanna develops with Esther coming back. It seems it will change, since she's even headed back to school. This has potential to be a great story, 5 stars so far. And keep writing the way you want.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
awesome

i really loved this and your other stories ,another chapter please ?? .thanks for sharing your works here. looking forward to more.

Mars_InamorataMars_Inamorataover 6 years agoAuthor
To anonymous

The second chapter is already out, sorry for the long wait, hope you enjoy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Clearly sexual assault

There’s no question that you described sexual assault in this chapter. I couldn’t finish it so I don’t know what else you included. You should do one or both of the following:

-Recategorize this as nonconsensual

-Apply a content warning at the beginning.

I liked some of your other stories. This one was really disappointing.

TheserialwaffleTheserialwaffleover 3 years ago

I liked this one too. And going fast to second chapter.Although you should have put a warning about some nonconsent in first lines. But I believe the story will develop. Esther hasn’t behaved well going away and forgetting all her friends. I don’t bite that too. Teenage don’t move to another continent and forget easily their friends. But that was some assault. But hot. So if she were a boy we would be probably screaming something. But we are all humans and you write so well that I can handle that. You are a great writer, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just sad.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous