Stranded Ch. 11

Story Info
Conclave's decision and a stay at Dales.
9.4k words
4.35
6.3k
8

Part 11 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/10/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I fell into a coughing fit, spraying coffee on the table and down my dress.

"Excuse me?!" Could he tell? Was I that obvious or could he smell it in the room? Maybe it was the lazy half smile tugging on the corners of Earl's lips as he walked out the door, bastard.

"Don't play coy now. Do you think you are the first wife to give in? I warned you they would lie, KitKat. Told you they would use threats; and you played right into his hand, like a damn fool." His tone conveyed not just anger, but disappointment and it pained me to hear it. I had thought I was doing the right thing to keep us alive. I had done exactly what he told me to, obey Earl.

"Did you know that was going to happen?!" But he ignored me and continued to rant.

"Think about it, if you weren't guilty, would you even feel the need to sway his vote? It was a test of faith and you lost darlin'." A trick?! I did it all for nothing and now things were worse?

"You could have told me," I growled. Arioch just leaned back and shook his head disapprovingly.

"I told you to trust me, I told you I would take care of everything and now your lack of faith has probably sealed our fate." I was grateful for the sturdiness of my coffee cup, the pressure I was squeezing it with, any lesser material would have shattered.

"You could have warned me! But you told me to obey him instead, you left me alone with no way to defend myself. If you expected me to rebel against the fucking boogey man, then you are the fool." I snarled. He grabbed my coffee cup, moving it to the opposite side of the table. The sudden stillness and calm in which he moved told me I'd gone too far, again.

"Head down, ass up." Arioch tapped the top of the dining room table, as he stood. My legs visibly shook, and I didn't dare stand for fear they wouldn't support me.

"I-I spoke out of turn...I'm-I'm sorry." Arioch shook his head and pointed at the table; his expression clear; he wasn't going to ask a third time. I sniffled, trying to hold back the damn of tears that threatened to break free, as I stood. I pulled the dress up to my waist and he impatiently grabbed the back of my neck, shoving my face down onto the table. He leaned over me, stretching my hands above my head as if I was reaching for the other side.

"Don't. Move." I listened as his footsteps got lighter, and I risked a side glance in time to watch him disappear into Eliza's room.

I glanced at the front door, If you leave now, you could get a decent head start. No. I needed more time, if I took every opportunity that popped up, I'd be the next one dragged behind the tow truck. When he returned, my knees wobbled beneath the anticipation as he set a few items down. I lifted my head to find a few different paddles, a cane, and his belt displayed before me.

"Choose." My hands shook as I contemplated which one would hurt the least. Arioch watched me with interest, evaluating each implement as I touched it. It wasn't going to matter what piece I picked out; he was going to find a way to make it agony, and that thought alone made me wet.

"Choose before I choose for you, and trust me darlin', you don't want that." I picked up one of the paddles, similar in shape to that of a ping pong paddle only instead of wood it was a smooth metallic grey. I placed it into his waiting outstretched hand, and he turned it over testing the grip, the weight. Arioch took a practice swing and my legs nearly gave out as I took a clumsy step back. Arioch turned and smiled playfully.

"Somebody wants a chase?" I shook my head in protest but when he took a step closer, I took another one back. At this point I was certain it was my body's natural defense; it wasn't a conscious effort.

"That's not the message you're sending me right now." I was a little frightened. I knew it was going to hurt and I didn't want to follow through.

"I didn't feel I had any other choice; I was scared. He implied they already came to a decision and doing this was the only way to save us." Arioch shook his head in disapproval.

"I warned you of their trickster ways. It requires a strong hand to lead the wicked, you must learn to have faith in me. This is for your own good." Heat pooled between my thighs and I cursed him. I hated that the cruel things he did made me so weak in the knees.

Every muscle tensed, prepared to run but when he pointed to the dining room table, I resigned myself to the inevitable and returned to my previous position, bent over. I felt the cool metal of the paddle scrape gently across my cheeks, my legs quivering, and I braced myself for impact. It was confirmation that nothing I did mattered; I was going to be punished either way. It only made me more determined to break free. The first swing stung, the second hit the right one, evening out the pain. And then he went back and forth. Swift short swings, but there was strength behind them and by the time he finished I was reduced to nothing more than a sniveling mess. Tears, snot and drool puddled beneath my face, the tips of my fingers ached from clawing at the table and my ass was a radiating globe of fire. He tossed the paddle on the table, slipping his belt back through his jeans and tugged my dress down. I heard him flipping his phone open, pressing a few buttons before tucking it into the back of his jeans.

"Let's go." My legs were shaky, but I stood, furiously wiping my face clean. He grabbed my left bicep, holding my arm at an uncomfortable angle, as if he was escorting back a misbehaved child.

What had I been thinking? I felt like a naive idiot all over again. I had thought the pros outweigh the cons, and I was afraid of the consequences if I refused. Or you're a fucked-up freak with daddy issues. I slipped on the house slippers, the bottom of them already stained with dirt from previous trips, and we made our way back to the house.

"How do they know we won't run?" Arioch glowered.

"Because we wouldn't get far, besides, nothing screams guilt louder than running away. We will be fine; you have to believe that." The house suddenly went quiet as we walked through the back door, all eyes turned on us and I took a step further behind Arioch.

"Are we still waiting on Dale?"

"Actually, just waiting on you." Dale announced as he made his way to the dining room. The rings under his eyes showed that last night hadn't been anymore restful than the ones preceding it.

My heart leapt into my throat, beating fast enough to rival a hummingbird.

"Please, be seated." Abraham gestured to the chair sitting at the end of the table, the same one they had interviewed Zeke and I, and probably Arioch as well. I felt dizzy, there were just too many of them in such a small enclosure. It's so you can't get away. Arioch sat down, pulling me into his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist, giving me a tight squeeze, but whether it was for my comfort or his, I couldn't tell. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

"After some deep prayer, we feel that we have come to a decision and we didn't come to it lightly." Abraham turned to face Dale. Deep prayer? Really? It seemed to have taken no time at all.

"Dale, we found no evidence of your boys having been here beyond the ceremony."

"Are you kidding me?!" he shouted incredulously. Abraham lifted his hand to shush him, so much for trusting their judgement no matter what.

"However,, based on some of your wife's abhorrent behaviors, we also believe that you are not entirely innocent of the matter either. We believe it was your actions that led to the boys disappearance; and although there is no evidence to prove direct interference, Samson, you are to help Dale with all his deliveries until he can hire more men, or until Aaron finishes school, whichever comes first. And there will be no more skipping of traditions. I understand this adjustment has been hard for you Samson, but you are either part of this family or you're not. Part of what keeps our family ties strong is our traditions."

"I am sorry for the trouble this has caused everyone. I never imagined my selfishness would lead to them taking off."

Dale seemed to be brewing with a response but was in control enough to keep it to himself. His glare conveyed clearly what his voice could not. He wasn't happy, everything on his face said as much but he was smart enough not to verbalize it. I almost couldn't believe it, I let out a long breath I hadn't known I had been holding, but I did so slowly.

"I'm out three drivers, how is he supposed to make up for that?" Dale grumbled.

"Jacob and Esau will also be staying behind with you to help until you can replace them, or the boys return. Meanwhile, there are some sins things your wife needs to atone for, you are letting her run wild and that concerns us a great deal."

"Atone for what?!" I demanded. Arioch's grip tightened, squeezing the air straight from my body, I had spoken out of turn.

"It has not gone unnoticed. I assure you it will be dealt with."

"Your father was a soft man, look where that got him and the rest of his family." Earl announced coldly. Dead. They were all dead except for Emily.

"I am nothing like my father," Arioch growled. The tension in the room elevated and the sudden stillness of the man beneath me told me we were only seconds away from something we couldn't take back.

"Perhaps you could tell us what you have in store, to ease our concerns?" Abraham suggested, trying to find a middle ground, he seemed the most levelheaded of the bunch. I felt Arioch's hand on the small of my back and nausea swept through me, leaving behind the strong taste of acid. I wanted to plug my ears, I didn't want to hear what awaited me.

"If it will ease your concerns, I'll show you. Wife, stand." I trembled but I conformed to his wishes and with a hand on the back of my neck, he led me out the back door and down the gravel driveway. When he stopped at the hound's cage and fished out his keys, I took a few steps back. Some of the men had already begun to pour out onto the back patio, curiosity and excitement on their faces. My scars throbbed from my last experience with the hounds, was he going to sic one on me? Arioch glanced in my direction, eyes widening with... fear?

"Don't. I will send Odin after you."

"I have a better chance out here." My mind was in a panic, rational thought was slipping away.

"If you run, I can't save you this time. The hounds won't hurt you, not unless I give the command. That is not in my plans. Did you not learn yet? Trust. Me... Please." he spoke low, between clenched teeth, voice strained; the last word practically a plea. I glanced back at the house, they were all watching now, even Robert who sat in a chair on the patio, mask pressed tightly against his face.

"What...what are you going to do?"

"You behaved like a bitch in heat, so you get to live like one until you can appreciate the home I have offered you and the role that comes with it."

"How do I know you won't have them attack me once I'm locked in there?" I whispered. He looked at me exasperated.

"Why would I waste all the time I've already invested?" It seemed like a cruel thing to say, but it actually made me feel better. I had some value to him, however small it was, and it was honest. If he had tried telling me it was because he loved me or anything else, I would not have believed him. I let out another breath and surrendered. He led me inside the cage, shutting the door behind him. Immediately I felt several cold wet noses pressed against me, inhaling my scent.

"The dress." He held out his hand, a sudden metal collar in his other. I followed the chain and saw it was staked into the ground. It was covered in some rust, so I knew it had been outside for a while. I begrudgingly pulled the dress off, slapping it down in his hand with a little more force than necessary. I would obey, but I didn't have to like it. I was starting to get used to being naked in front of others by this point. Being someone's prisoner doesn't leave a lot of time for modesty. His face twitched, in amusement and he simply held open the collar, chain taut, forcing me to step into it in order to secure it. It creaked, and he slipped the small lock through the latch. The metal was cold, and I shivered as I pushed several muzzles away from getting too up close and personal. I hugged myself, while the sun was out, there was a slight cool breeze that made me shiver. The hounds didn't growl or snarl, if anything they seemed simply curious; forcing me to press my back against the fence and kneel on the ground to keep myself unmolested. The smallest of the bunch was still half a size bigger than Hank, but he took to me first, curling up beside me; at least until Arioch started the hose. The hounds scattered as I was assaulted by a powerful stream of freezing cold water. I grit my teeth and screamed, turning sideways to protect my face. It felt like a thousand tiny needles hitting me all at once. I tried to block the torrent with the palms of my hands, but he moved it too fast to keep up. I screamed and I cursed but eventually I curled into the fetal position and waited for it to be over.

Everything felt numb and I couldn't stop shivering if I wanted to. Arioch tossed the hose to the ground and walked back inside the house without so much as a glance back. Wet clumps of hair clung to my face and I turned my back to them, the sobs hidden by all the shivering. It wasn't until I was sure most of them had gone back inside, did I sit up and squeeze as much extra water from my hair as I could before moving to a much drier patch of grass. It was the small hound that returned first, and I took the opportunity to glance at his tag, Baldur. I wondered which one of them had the fascination with Norse mythology, Sam or Arioch? He licked my face, unphased by the cold water before returning to his previous position at my side. I was grateful for the extra heat, and the small bit of companionship he brought. A few others made their way over, sniffing, and licking and soon the shaking stopped. It wasn't much longer before the Conclave began to pile in their cars and drive away, Abraham being the last to go. Arioch returned to the cage, but he didn't immediately open the door.

"You shamed us in front of those men today, KitKat. Made us look bad, nearly got all of us killed." He didn't need to say it; I could see it in his body language; he wasn't letting me out just because they were gone.

"I-I'm sorry."

"I just bet you are," was his only reply as he laced his fingers in the chain link siding, leaning his forehead against it.

"I thought I was helping." I squeaked.

"You are a married woman and you behaved like a damn jezebel," he shouted and for a minute I was grateful to be on the other side of the locked fence.

"I'm sorry." I repeated helplessly.

"Not yet, but you will be." And with those last ominous words, he went back inside leaving me to the elements.

As the night wore on, the temperature only continued to drop. Baldur had provided me with some warmth, but it wasn't enough. I wondered briefly how long it would take before I froze to death. Was that his punishment? Just as the sun finally set, and the sky lit up with stars, Arioch stumbled from his back porch with a plate in his hand. Food. My stomach growled. He fished for his keys, securing the cage behind him and made his way over to me. He dropped the sandwich in my lap, resulting in some dirt on the bread but I was too hungry to care. It wasn't anything special, a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich but it filled my stomach and brought a little comfort.

"Am I going to be sleeping out here?" I asked boldly. Even if I was brave enough to venture into the canine's doghouse for warmth, the chain wasn't nearly long enough for me to get there. The cold had settled so far into my bones that the shivering had stopped, and my fingers were already feeling a bit numb. He crouched down beside me, his thumb tracing over my lips which were no doubt some shade of blue by then.

"Unfortunately, it's too cold to leave you overnight." He reached for his keys, unlocking the old rusted collar and I politely thanked him when he removed it and offered me a hand to stand. Baldur gave a small whine but one look from Arioch and he went back to his shelter, tail between his legs.

There were no words exchanged between us as we made our way into the house and straight upstairs for a quick bath. I was caked in specks of mud and grass. The water, though warm, felt broiling in comparison. A quick rinse, and an inspection of my healing brand mark, was all I was given before being led back to the basement where I was, once again, chained to the ground, still with no clothes. As he started up the staircase, I gathered my nerves and spoke quickly.

"How long are you going to be mad at me?" It shouldn't have mattered, and yet I couldn't seem to stop myself from asking. I let him down and I hated to admit that it bothered me.

"Your actions reflect on me as your husband, what you represented, in front of my elders, was atrocious. Did you even think about what would happen if he put a child in you?" As if he's any better, plus there's the seeds.

"I wasn't thinking." I admitted, because I knew it was what he wanted to hear. If I didn't get some trust back soon, having those seeds wasn't going to do me a lick of good if I couldn't get to them. How long did I have before it got too risky? Had Emily said 12 hours? Did the consequences even matter anymore? Not if I didn't get pregnant, for that, I'd risk it all.

"That's right, you weren't." he slammed the door behind him, leaving me alone in the dark once more; I hugged my knees to my chest and cried myself to sleep.

~~~

The next few days were spent the same; as soon as the sun came up, I returned to the cage outside, promptly hosed down and left chained to the ground. When he came to feed the dogs, he also fed me. Always a PB&J sandwich, but I never complained. I always thanked him and ate it greedily, knowing it might be awhile before I got another one. I had no choice but to bear the brunt of it and hope he would forgive me soon. On day two, I watched as he moved his mother and sister back home. Eliza sticking her tongue out at me as she walked by, no doubt she knew what had transpired in her absence. When night came, I was allowed 5 minutes of warm water before I was thrust back in the basement. He spoke only a few words to me and touched me only when it was necessary. Even if we spent most of our time arguing, I missed the conversation, the small interaction with another human.

On the morning of the sixth day Sam finally returned, and with his return he brought a light blue dress.

"Is that for me?" I asked softly. He held up the dress with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, it's not gonna fit me." He tossed it to me, and I gratefully slipped it on. He unlocked the chain and offered me his hand. I found breakfast waiting for me at the table and I wondered if my punishment was finally over. Omelets, hash browns, bacon and orange juice, even a cup of coffee.

"I have to leave for my first delivery tomorrow, I'd like to spend today with you. Wouldn't you like that?" I nodded, ignoring the pangs in my stomach at the smell of bacon as I sat down.

"So, what happens to me while you're gone?"

"You will be staying at Dales." It was like the floor had been ripped out from under me. Had I heard right? My eyes welled up with tears, had I finally crossed a line there was no coming back from? Was this essentially my last meal?