Strawberry Valentine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The waiter asked what they wanted to drink, to which Saoirse replied "Water only." She looked at Tim and he asked for the same. He realized that she really had negative feelings about alcohol, so he figured that was better. He did however order a chicken marsala with a marsala wine sauce, mushrooms, and farfalle. She had a fettucine Alfredo with chicken, mushrooms, and peas.

As they ate, she began to loosen up a bit, though she still had no desire to talk about what had upset her. What Tim found out was that Saoirse worked as a paralegal for a small law firm. Tim told her that he worked as an accountant for a medium size firm. He had thought about going for a CPA, but never felt the urge. She had wanted to become a lawyer but could never afford law school.

Tim wanted to put her at ease. "I understand a little about tough times. I walked in on my fiancé cheating on me with another man."

"Are you sure that she did that willingly and wasn't forced?"

"She made it clear that she wanted to do that, and showed some contempt for me."

"That sucks."

"You're cute, and seem nice, but even if you were interested, I'm not ready to put my heart out there again."

"I'm not going to talk about my problems, but I'm not interested in anything remotely serious."

"Maybe for now, we can be friends?"

"We're neighbors. We can be friendly in passing. Let's just leave it at that for now."

Tim wasn't quite sure what he wanted. She was cute and seemed like she could be sweet, but after having Kelly cheat on him, he wasn't ready to trust any woman. He'd known and been involved with Kelly literally for years. If he could be fooled by her, then he didn't think he could trust his judgment of women.

Saoirse had been utterly fooled by Geoff. He'd done and said all the right things, up to the point that he abused her trust. Sure, Tim seemed to be a nice guy, but certainly no nicer than Geoff, and Geoff had turned out to be a user. How could she be sure that Tim wasn't a user who was feeding her a line just to gain her trust?

After what Geoff had done to her, Saoirse had gotten rid of her old phone and gotten a new one with a new number. She gave the new number to family and a few close friends. She wanted no contact with Geoff. Somehow Geoff had gotten the number months later and sent some photos he took. First was just her naked lying on her back with legs spread.

He had another of her with his cock in her pussy, angled o her face was visible. Then he had one with his cock in her mouth. She was unconscious when all this happened, but he seemed to enjoy it nonetheless. He sent her the pix to embarrass her, and for good measure sent them to some of her friends and relatives. It was bad enough using her, but now he chose to humiliate her as well.

Tim and Saoirse returned to just saying hello when they passed and having little other contact. Tim liked her but was still hesitant, and she was downright leery of anything, particularly after Geoff's latest stunt. She blocked Geoff's number and when that didn't seem to help, changed phones and numbers again, this time only giving the number to a few family members.

Her family told her that she needed to get over what happened and move on with her life. She told them she was, but they wanted to know who she was seeing. She spent a long time telling them she was taking a break from dating, but they kept pushing. Finally, to quiet them down, she told them she was dating Tim. She had learned just enough about him to make it sound true, though it wasn't.

That seemed to satisfy her family, though they wanted to know how that was going. She told them that she and Tim were taking it slowly but would give them a few details of imaginary dates. That seemed to work and keep things at bay, until her parents said they were coming to visit and wanted to meet this new boyfriend of hers.

Saoirse took a deep breath and knocked on Tim's door. "I have a favor to ask you."

"Sure, what can I do for you? Come in please."

Saoirse walked in, though she didn't sit down. "I'm a terrible person."

"No you're not."

"I've been lying to my parents."

Tim was starting to get a clue, but didn't want to jump to conclusions. "What about?"

"They've been pushing me to get back into dating, and I lied, telling them I was dating you."

"That's hardly terrible."

"Now they're coming to visit and want to meet you."

"So you want me to -- "

"Pretend to be my boyfriend for a few days while they are here. They get here the day after tomorrow and may be here for a week."

"I like you, and I have no objection to pretending to be your boyfriend."

"But?"

"No buts -- I just need to know what the limits are."

"Shit, Tim, I hadn't even thought that far ahead."

"Obviously, nothing really intimate."

"I guess to make it look real, we'll need to hold hands. You'll need to put your arm around me at times."

"Kissing?"

"I suppose so, as long as we don't get too carried away."

"I certainly have no objection to kissing you, Saoirse."

"I'll bet. Just remember this is not for real."

"But we need to make it look real."

"And it's only while my parents are here, then we're back to normal."

"Neither of us are ready for anything serious anyhow."

"Thank you."

"Is it okay if I hug you?"

"I guess."

Tim gave her a hug, though she looked a little uncomfortable while he was holding her. He kept it brief, and she left immediately after. Tim sat down after she left and thought about it. Much like Saoirse, he had not been dating anyone, and really wasn't sure he was up for real dating. Still they would have to look like they were really boyfriend and girlfriend.

Saoirse didn't like having to date anyone, even if it was faux dating. She felt kind of stuck though. She could have told them he and Tim had broken up, then she'd have had to explain why, and they'd have pushed her into dating someone else. It wasn't like there weren't lots of guys interested in taking her out. There were plenty, but she did her best to discourage them.

She had to admit that Tim wasn't bad looking and seemed to be a decent guy. She was still more than a little reluctant to let any guy get close to her. Even starting to date, put cracks in that protective wall she'd build around herself. Now she had to deal with the consequences of her actions, or maybe of her inaction. She decided she'd just have to grit her teeth and go with it for a few days.

.........................................................................................

Saoirse's parents flew into town and she and Tim met them at the airport. The two kept very much hands off, until her parents arrived. It was a little awkward, but even more so when they had to act more intimately. When they saw her parents, they held hands and walked to them, acting as though holding hands was something they always did.

"Tim, these are my parents, Liam and Caitlin."

"We're so pleased to meet you. Saoirse has told us so much about you."

"She is such a darling, and I'm so lucky to have her in my life."

Tim looked at Saoirse, and she looked at him, smiled, then leaned forward and kissed him. Tim was shocked, but tried not to show it, and instead kissed her back. They kissed for a minute then separated, smiled at each other, then turned and smiled at her parents. Her mother was beaming, though her father just looked bemused.

Liam spoke."I was about ready to tell the two of you to get a room."

Saoirse and Tim both blushed. Caitlin looked at them and beamed. "Isn't young love wonderful?"

Liam looked at Caitlin and shook his head. "She's 24, she's not a child anymore."

"She'll always be my baby."

Liam looked very businesslike. "Let's get our bags and get out of here."

They got the bags and went to Tim's car since it was larger. Saoirse inquired as to where they were staying while they were in town.

Caitlin quickly replied. "Since you each have a place, while don't we stay at your place and let the two of you be cosy at Tim's."

"Mother!"

"Dear we were young once. We know how these things are. Why pay for a hotel, when you'll have an empty bed anyhow?"

Saoirse was horrified, but tried not to show it. What was she going to do? Tell her mother that she and Tim weren't really a couple? Making them think that was the whole point of this charade.

Tim looked at her. "That's okay, love. Just grab enough of your clothes to last a few days."

Saoirse wanted to kill both Tim and her parents, but also wanted to keep up the façade. "We don't normally spend the night together."

When they had a minute to talk privately, Tim said, "I'll sleep on the sofa and you can have the bed. I promise, I won't make it awkward."

"My mother has already made it awkward."

"I won't mess with you. This is just for show."

About that time her parents returned. Saoirse and Tim were all smiles, even if she was pretty unhappy underneath. They went to a nice restaurant for dinner, in fact the Italian place Tim and Saoirse had gone to the one time they went to dinner together. Liam and Caitlin wanted to order a bottle of wine. Saoirse tried to pass on drinking anything, but her mother wouldn't have it.

"We need to celebrate you finding a relationship with a good guy."

"I'm not sure I should drink, Mam."

"You're not pregnant are you?"

"Nuh -- uh -- no. Why would you think that?"

"Dear, that's not unheard of, besides why else wouldn't you be able to drink?"

"I don't really drink much. But okay, only one glass."

"That's my girl."

This was already getting far beyond what Saoirse thought she'd have to do to keep up her deception. Caitlin and Liam enjoyed their wine, while Tim and Saoirse each just had one glass.

Caitlin gushed over Tim. "I think my daughter made a good choice in choosing you for her boyfriend."

"Thank you. She's a wonderful person and I love being with her."

"Well Saoirse, your dad and I will be having fun tonight, and I know you two will also."

Saoirse blushed, then turned and looked at Tim. He looked at her, and she had the slightest subtle nod. He kissed her, and she kissed him back.

Liam looked at Tim and scowled slightly. "Saoirse said you were Scots-Irish."

"Yes sir, although my ancestors came over from Ireland quite some time ago."

"Not what I'd prefer, but at least you're not English. Bloody limey bastards."

Saoirse looked at Liam. "Dad, quit fighting battles from a hundred years ago."

"They still control part of our country."

Tim replied to Liam. "Sir, we both know there are both protestants and catholics who want peace and fair treatment of everyone in Ireland."

"Hasn't made much difference so far."

"For every Ulster Volunteer, there's an IRA member, but most people are somewhere in the middle."

"Tell the militias that."

"There are interfaith friends, and even interfaith marriages. Not everyone wants to keep the catholics as second class citizens."

"Given that your relatives came over a while ago, you seem to be knowledgeable."

"After I met Saoirse, I tried learning more about it all."

"That makes you better than most, I guess."

Caitlin jumped in. "Our daughter told us he was a decent guy."

"I suppose so."

Saoirse had sat mute through the entire exchange, but as it ended, turned to Tim, and gave him another kiss. Tim's attempt to pretend to be her boyfriend seemed to be going better than either of them had hoped. They still had the issue of spending the night together in Tim's place. Neither of them were ready for anything resembling a physical relationship, even if they pretended otherwise.

Once dinner was over Liam and Caitlin said they were tired from traveling and wanted to get some rest.

Saoirse made feeble attempt to get them to a hotel. "Are you sure you wouldn't rather be in a hotel. It might be more comfortable."

Caitlin quickly shot her down. "It'll be nice being someplace with a kitchen and where you're close by."

They loaded the luggage into Saoirse's place, then Tim helped her gather up clothes to take over to his place.

As they did, Liam watched them. "I'm surprised you don't already have clothes over there."

Saoirse stuttered before replying. "I need more than just a single change of clothes."

They went to Tim's place and he helped her put up her clothes, after making room for them. Tim was hardly a clothes horse, so making room was no great challenge. Saoirse did seem leery as they got her settled in.

Tim saw this and tried to reassure her. "I won't mess with you or molest you. I'll just sleep on the sofa and let you rest comfortably on the bed."

"You seem like a decent guy, but I've been fooled before."

"I swear, I'm not like whatever guy or guys you knew before."

"That's easy to say."

"You're only the second woman I've ever kissed in my life, and my former fiancé was the other one."

She looked slightly flirty as she replied. "You didn't do too badly for someone with little experience."

"Somehow I think you and I will have lots of chances to get experience while your folks are here."

"Let's just keep it to a little kissing, handholding, and the occasional hug."

"Yes, ma'am."

Tim apologized for not having washed the sheets since he slept on them. She pointed out that they hadn't expected her to be sleeping in his bed. He grabbed a pillow and a blanket to settle down on the sofa when there was a knock on the door. They quickly stashed everything and found Liam there.

"Where is the thermostat and how do you adjust it?"

Saoirse went over to show him. She came back and they both plopped down on the sofa, exhausted from hours of pretending to be more than they were. Tim started to put his arm around Saoirse, then realized what he was doing and stopped. She caught the abortive gesture and looked at him, shook her head, and bit her lip.

Tim looked apologetic. "We have to do that around your parents."

"You're right, but they aren't here now."

Once they felt sure there wouldn't be any more interruptions, they got ready for bed. Tim usually just slept in boxer shorts, but got a tee and a light pair of shorts, to be more modest around Saoirse. He changed in the bathroom, while she changed into a pair of pajamas in the bedroom. Tim settled into the sofa, though it was a touch uncomfortable and he got some sleep.

He did wake briefly, when she got up to go to the bathroom in the night, but he went back to sleep quickly. Tim got up early and stashed his bedding in case her parents came over early. As it turned out, they came over before Saoirse had gotten up. Tim made some apologies for her, and made them some coffee. As they drank their coffee, Saoirse came out of the bedroom.

She had changed from the pajamas into a nightshirt. She had heard them out there, and figured coming out in the PJs would be too much of a tipoff that things were not as she made them out to be. Liam and Caitlin wanted to see some sights in town and spend the day with Tim and Saoirse. Since it was a Sunday, they had little excuse not to.

The four spent the day together, letting Liam and Caitlin see the sights of the city. They stopped for a nice lunch at one eclectic place not far from where they lived. Caitlin said for dinner, they just wanted to order in and watch a nice movie with Saoirse and Tim. He had a streaming service and they found something they could all agree on.

Of course, Saoirse and Tim had to sit together on the sofa, so Tim put his arm around Saoirse, while she put her hand on his leg, being careful not to get too close to his privates. In spite of everything, the more time Tim spent in the charade, the more comfortable he felt being with Saoirse and holding and kissing her.

He wasn't sure he was really over the hurt from Kelly, but this felt more right than he'd ever have expected. They had little time to talk privately during the day, so Tim had no idea how Saoirse felt about this. Tim began to feel sorry that this was only going to last the week that Saoirse's parents were in town. Still, that was their agreement.

After the movie ended, Caitlin turned to Saoirse and Tim. "Well I guess we should leave, so you two can have some fun."

Liam snorted a reply. "Even young people don't necessarily go at it every night."

"You think these two won't?"

"It isn't a given. Besides, I think you're embarrassing your daughter."

Indeed, Saoirse had blushed at her mother's comment. She pulled her arms tight to her body, and removed her hand from Tim's leg. Tim leaned to Saoirse and said softly, though audibly, "You know we're only going to do what you want and when you want."

Liam nodded, then turned to Caitlin. "He indeed seems to be a decent guy."

Caitlin harrumphed and stood up, followed by Liam. Saoirse got up to hug her parents goodbye. Tim shook hands with Liam. Liam put his hand on Caitlin's lower back and guided her out the door. Once they were gone, Tim locked the door.

Saoirse almost looked like she was ready to cry. "I was an idiot to lie to them the way I did. Now we have to keep this up all week."

Tim came over and put his hands on her shoulders, which made Saoirse shrink away, even though it was not intimate. "I'm trying not to make this any harder than it has to be."

With that, Saoirse gave him a brief hug and darted into the bedroom. Tim sighed and went to the closet to get his shorts and his bedding and then went in the bathroom to change. He turned out the lights and lay down to try to get some rest. He was torn, since he was starting to be drawn to Saoirse, but she still seemed to have zero real interest in him. He thought about her as he drifted off to sleep.

.......................................................................................

Saoirse and Tim had to work during the day, but spent evenings with Caitlin and Liam. It went pretty similarly for the week, and Tim spent plenty of time holding Saoirse and kissing her, though he still slept on the sofa while she occupied his bed. Even though he wasn't fond of sleeping on the sofa, Tim was sad that the visit was only going to be for a week.

They had flown in on a Saturday, but chose to fly out on a Sunday, to give them a little extra time visiting. Saoirse and Tim had breakfast and lunch with Caitlin and Liam before taking them to the airport. Tim and Liam loaded the luggage in the car, and everything seemed to have gone well, When Liam took Tim aside to talk.

"The two of you are not really very good actors."

"What do you mean?"

"My wife looks at you with wishful thinking, but I don't, and very clearly you and my daughter are not lovers. In fact, I don't even think you're really boyfriend and girlfriend."

"What makes you think that?"

"Subtle things in the way Saoirse acts, particularly when she thinks no one is looking."

"We're not -- sleeping together."

"It's kind of a shame. You seem to be a really decent guy, even if you are Scots-Irish."

"I wouldn't mind turning make believe into reality."

"Good luck with that. You have my blessing if you do."

About that time, Caitlin and Saoirse walked up. Tim drove them to the airport and helped them get bags checked and such. Caitlin hugged him goodbye and Liam shook Tim's hand. Saoirse and Tim had arms around each other as they saw he parents off. As soon as they were out of sight, Saoirse gave a sigh of relief and let go of Tim, though he held on.

Saoirse looked at him. "They're gone. We don't have to pretend anymore."

"Saoirse, I know you were hurt, and I'm sorry that person did that to you, but I think I've proven that I'm not that kind of guy."

"What do you mean?"

"I want to be your boyfriend for real. For now, we don't have to do anything more than we did this past week, but I want the chance to prove myself."

"That wasn't the deal."

"Please give it a try -- for a month. I think I can be the kind of guy you need, and you can be the kind of woman I need."