All Comments on 'Strictly Business Ch. 02'

by leapyearguy

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
thanks for finishing the story

cliffhangers are a pain.good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Very Good

Nice ending to your story.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
My Apology

I told you I would apologize and I will. There was no neck snapping horseshit in this part and no stupid revenge stuff. Well done. Two suggestions: Maybe this could have gone into the romance category, although I really don't care which category one puts his stories to tell you the truth. And the Navy SEAL stuff is a bit overboard.

I noticed that none of the evangelicals bothered commenting on this story when they found there was no revenge plot in part two. It's what they love to see but writing to please them (which some do you didn't) is always a mistake. It takes away from what you really want to write.

budd100budd100almost 18 years ago
Good read.

A very good read. I hope to see more of your stories in the near future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
TOLD YA!!

muchg ado about nothing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Nice

A feel good story,which is a rarity in these cynical times.Welcome to a new very promising author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Thank you!

What a pleasant surprise, such a feel good story. This is what the Loving Wife section should be all about.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Really different plot and well developed and told

I thank your writing is good and your plot was different enough. That is hard to do.

Thank you for your hard work and sharing your talent.

PT

daluentdaluentalmost 18 years ago
excellent

I thought she was betraying him,but only about Ron's surprise .Very good writing. Can't wait to read more of your stuff.With high regards, Luis

Kanga40Kanga40almost 18 years ago
I enjoyed the story

A bit contrived here and there, but what story isn't?

Can someone tell me why Holly had to go up and get fetch Ron's new love from behind a door? She couldn't find her own way thru a door?

And, we really could have stood the pressure of reading the whole page and a half in one session.

But a good start.

You might also consider replying to those who send you private comments and include their email addresses - just a thought.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Original and Well Done

Excellent story. The plot was original---at least to me. A nice ending.

It is a pleasure to come across a story of this quality.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Doubt's can be like cancer

eating away at a relationship.

This was well done with a good understanding of relationships.

Regards, DJ

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Very likeable

Sure, it's got a whacky plot but LYG tells the story in grand style and makes us enjoy the characters, liking them for the foibles as well as their strengths. Thank you for a story well-told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great story

and unlike some others I have held of comments until it was finished.The story was well written and well thought out, and I enjoyed it very much.I had a little laugh in part one when Ron said that Holly would not give up the baby because she had been brought up in a strictly moral family.Did not stop her going of with her married boss and getting pregnant though did it?

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Typical LYG

and good writing as well. I love it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Now At'sa Lovin Wife Tale....

Nice job buddy, really well done. --- To answer someones question: The trip across the stage was a T-E-N-S-I-O-N builder. Worked pretty well too, huh?

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
Stick in the Mud

Loved the story so don't get me wrong. It takes two to tango and Holly knew Ron was married when she committed adultery with him. So once a cheater always a cheater. Given time and opportunity she will do it again. But don't feel sorry for Rob when I happens after all he was involved with the cover up.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Loved it

With respect to Tears of Sorrow's comment, I am first a bit skeptical of the proof of the " once a cheater always a cheater" proposition. Is it 50% correct, 95%,99,99%? Nothing is that absolute in my experience! Especially in human relations... Furthermore, if she was a cheating spouse it would carry much more weight with me. But as a fairly innocent maiden, come on! She does not have that feel about her! rob knew what he was doing, except he should have mentioned his love earlier!

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 15 years ago
ORIGINAL

I can truly say that I haven't read another story that even comes close to being similar. I would have liked a little more fluff about the family life after they recommitted themselves which would have included a brother or sister for Marie. What can I say, I'm a romantic at heart. Great Story, Thanks LYG

teh568teh568over 14 years ago
Business or Pleasure?

Don't have much to say about this story. It is well written and a story that has something behind it. It is not just a story that has honor and class in that he is willing to sacrifice his single lifestyle to help out a friend, it also shows the class that a young woman can actually show a bit of class (and honor) by not blackmailing the boss. One other thing that puts this story at the top, it has a happy ending, something becoming very rare in many of the stories written recently...also I am a sucker for a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Magnificent Story

You did a great job in writing this story. It is more of the kind of story that I like more than all of the fucking and sucking stories that you find on Leroticca. It had a great ending and you made it a great story by giving it such a great ending. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

This story is not super, but hyper, Hyper, HYPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

74000 years ago, when the supervulcano Toba erupted, the Homo Sapiens Sapiens remain only 500 persons only in Africa. It was important to survive the climate catastropha in the early paleolit. It was very important for the mankind, that the male are able to help to grow up a not genetical relative children to adult to save the Homo Sapiens Sapiens subspecies. Yes not the love alone but the affection and fondness became an evolutionary advantage. I hope this evolutionary advantage remains forever at the Homo Sapiens Sapiens species.

roscovichroscovichalmost 13 years ago
This is what this site is all about.

After sifting thru excrement you rarely find a diamond. This is one of those times. It makes me think that an Author of this caliber should not be publishing on this site. It only shows all other writers what they are lacking and how high they have to aim just to be on the same level.

Superbly written,thank you.

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago

We are human being and some people can learn his/her mistake. Yes it is also true not every people can learn from the mistake. A cheater is cheater American way of saying is true for the serial cheaters as a lonely single woman who got a child from a unthinkable connection. This story is in my favorite collection and it will remain there.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
I liked the fact that even though they didn't know each other

she did go around fucking his friend, she stayed true to her husband. nice story 5*s

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
TLW story

I suggest this type stories the TLW abreviation = TRUE LOVING WIFE stories. I hope the reader fellows will aprove this term.

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
Nice to see some readers liked the story.

It was frustrating most of the way in the insecurity of the male and the ways the author kept communication from happening, as if in LW stories everyone goes around talking to themselves but never to each other. Hard to reconcile everything in the last few paragraphs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Aaah

Don't give up your day job. What trite, banal crap

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Duna

take your friggin meds!

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
1st sentence to Harry

@ Harry (1) The most things can be shown by the Gauss curve or normal distrobution and the human behavioral may be approached similar way.

I divided the 10 sentences of my answer to Harry In Va in distict 10 stories.

1. Sentence leapyearguy „Strickly Business Ch. 02”

2. Sentence ohio „Visiting Richard Gronier”

3. Sentence DGHear „Another Chance”

4. Sentence K.K. „Flight Delay”

5. Sentence lucsmith „Let the Punishment Fit the Crime”

6. Sentence the Troubador „Wife Get Even”

7. Sentence FrancisMacomber „The Stairway to Haeven”

8. Sentence StangStar06 „Divorce and Future”

9. Sentence cpete „Blood from a Turnip”

10. Sentence Vulcez „How Are You”

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 11 years ago
I liked it and that's why I read...

I was afraid it was going the other way l love happy endings.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
And we have a winner -

It did seem like you had built towards this and it would have been formulaic to have her leave him so i am glad you did it the way you did -

It is interesting that Ron could have met someone new etc without him knowing it but you left hat way - so be it.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

A wonderful storyline that I wished you had more fully developed. A little more development of the Holly character would have given the story more emotionally punch. We really don't get a glimpse of who she really is until the very end.

You had your main character asking the one question I was asking: "Why not just ask her or Ron? Wouldn't that make more sense?" How cold they have never discussed this issue after the marriage? Again, this added to the lack of depth early on.

Good writing. Five stars.

potsherdpotsherdalmost 11 years ago
Some previous history...

There has to be a backstory that would explain why this man has so low a self-esteem that he expects his boss, to whom he had given nothing but loyalty and support would betray him callously, and his wife would collude in it and sever him from the child he had raised with love and kindness.

Was it his experiences in the Navy? Was it his childhood and upbringing?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Meet Mr, and Mrs Putz

Specially Rob, but Holly could also put Forest Gump to shame.

Story was way too weak on intellect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Huh. Whaaaaa?

UDT Boy goes from semi-weekly beers with the Boss, to trusted second, and he doesn't know the boss has a new woman? We find out the wife is dead and no longer a threat? An ex-military boss springs succession ambush on UDT Boy without prior coordination? LOL. Too much, man. Too much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

There are a few plot-holes in this story, but the general idea behind the story - man offers suggestion and is roped in to help out by his boss -was a laugh a minute.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

@Anon When the hero was bachelor he and his boss went to drink beer, when he became husband they stopped this habit. So the lack of the information for Tosha is understandable. This is not plot hole.

Naturally the majority of the men will not marry such pregnant girl as Holly was this Century. Kings from the mediavel or baroque ages did similar thing with their pregnant misstress and they looked for a newer misstress. This marriage was a friendly request for a temporary time.

The true plo hole however this, Who would pay the child support after divorce????

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
All is well...

All is well when ends well...

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
I'm a sucker!

5* but wish they would have had a child between them.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 7 years ago

Sad in a way. If Rob is such a good guy, it'd be a pity if his genes didn't get passed on.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
ROBBYS PARANOIA SKATED RIGHT THROUGH

the truth and loyalty, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Even its only a fantasy it have to be recognizableat reality!!!

Your story is not recognizableat at reality!! The man you describe is not for real!! Who will marry an unknown woman who is pregnant??? After all i had a good laughing!!!

LoejtcLoejtcover 6 years ago
Could Use Some Elaboration

Gave it a 5 because I want it to keep the HOT emblem. Creative plot. For most of human history marriages were arranged and had little to do with how the couple "felt" about each other. In this regard the plot is realistic. Well written and understandable.

Some elaboration would be nice:

1 How about a detailed heart to heart between Holly and Rob about the affair. Does she have feelings for Ron? Was it a one time event or an extended affair? Some intimate dialog between Rob and Holly early in their marriage would give us some inkling as to what the future portends. Rob seems to make a major life decision on very little "intel".

2 How about a background check on Holly. Is she a moral young woman who made a mistake or was seduced by an experienced womanizer or does she have a history of sleeping around and a loose sex lifestyle? This could determine the amount of energy Rob should expend the relationship and the timeline if and when he decides to bail out. I'd want to know.

3 There has to be a written pre-nuptial contract detailing Ron's financial obligations to his child both short and long term including DNA evidence that he is the biological father. Ron should be paying child support and incremental living expenses to Rob since Holly's income will disappear if she doesn't go back to work or be severely impacted due to child care costs. Rob should be made whole financially i.e. his living expenses should be no greater than if he continued to live alone. Holly should have no claim on his assets in the event of a divorce.

4 It is unrealistic that Rob allows this relationship to continue for 7 years without clarifying their feelings for each other. Realistically, within 2 years both of them would know whether this union is viable long term.

5 Enough with the SEALS. While I have the utmost respect for the military; compassion, self sacrifice and risk taking is common to all of us. No special training is required other than being a decent human being.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Nice

A Navy Seal with a soft side. Who would.have thought? Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Seals can be big hearted, too.

I worked with a guy who wore a baseball style cap with UDT on the front. All I thought about was that he was like Lloyd Bridges, the frogman on TV. Years later as Seal Team 6's exploits became known, I realized that I had been in the presence of a US Navy Seal all those years. He chuckled when I told him that it had finally sunk in. He said his career field was now known as Navy Seals.

dark2donut2dark2donut2about 5 years ago
Just think how moronic this plot is

The guy volunteers to be a cuckold for a friend, to marry a girl he never met and to take care of her and her baby without any compensation because he has a good heart?

Sure, it happens to us all. The whole premise of a plot is moronic but to make sense obviously the girl turns out to be an untold beauty. That was banged and knocked up by a 55-year-old guy? We don't hear what is the problem with our hero but it seems he is also impotent or infertile as he has not fathered a child of his own. Of course, apart from a beautiful woman the male characters are all Navy Seals (a standard LW cliche used by all the bad writers, it seems).

1 star from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good for short story

Too many unanswered questions for more than 3 stars

As other said what about his kid s

Tired of navy seals as earlier green beret

Had to be trained to take over no mention

Logins forgetful. Johntwheels@aol

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
navy seals

If that guy was a seal, then i endorse seal clubbing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Me waiting for Dark2Dumbass2 to actually contribute something worthwhile to this site....ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

The sweetest deal story that I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Yes

A lovely feel good story. But really short. what about an increase in the family? 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Amazing

This is a very good story, and for a first time effort I think it’s a great story. What I’m amazed at is the vitriol in some of the comments on the story. Many comments said the story is just too far out of the realm of believability to be any good. Jeez, do they say that about Tolkien stories, or Star Trek, or Star Wars? Jiminy Frickin Cricket, people, it’s FICTION! It’s not supposed to be REAL! It’s a good thing this author has thick skin or he may not have posted any more stories here after reading some of the asinine comments about this story. And we would all be missing some great writing.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
How come

How come,they never had a child?.

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago

It's a 5 for me BUT seven years??? I've gotta believe that after a year, two at most, someone would bring up the "what do we do now?" question. The thing that annoys me is "how could they be so in love and NOT have this conversation?". If they can't share to most inner most issue affecting their marriage, what kind of marriage is it?

To me it would still be a 5, if they were open with each other, agreed to making it a real permanent commitment and started a family of their own to show they are bound together forever. Then I could give it a 6!

Great storyline, well written, good character development.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Great story, made even better by being your first.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I really like most of your Stories .. But He listened to his boss on the phone talking to his wife .. Can anyone spell Divorce .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Raise your hand all who believe Ron never stopped tapping that ass.

DUBLXLDUBLXLalmost 3 years ago

Excellent, the naysayers did not read your intro. Take it for what it’s worth, a beautifully written story, showing sometimes a mans patience in gathering info can be rewarding.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Pure

Pure fantasy.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

HUH, interesting story idea. well told

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

And they lived happily ever after. The company went on to be one of the largest around. Marie took over the reigns of the company and it went even further. It eventually became a Global powerhouse.

Holly and I gave Marie 2 brothers and a sister. The children did their own thing. They all joined the military and served our country. One in the Air Force one Army. My youngest daughter joined the Marines. She became a helicopter pilot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story, but the half hearted attempts at misdirection are lame.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dumb and even more poorly executed.

I don't doubt for a moment Rob was being cuckolded by the asshole and the slut continuously.

With his wimpiness, that's really the only thing that's gonna be happening in that kind of ridiculous marriage.

Just can't suspend my disbelief to even entertain the idea of the story as it's written.

Also, the title is absolute shit and has no relevance to the story.

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

Pure reader manipulation. Stilted and forced dialog in a weak attempt to maintain misdirection. Poorly executed at that.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

Very pleasant. I guess he saw the lawyer to prepare for the divorce and learned that his name was on the birth certificate? It seems like the only way the ending makes sense.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

It's a really good story, well written and entertaining and pleasant. I'd have loved to see him have a kid of his own as well, not just his boss's he adopted; but I guess that's a "me" problem :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The first part if the first story was a tad transparent. He would marry her, of course, before he even told Rob the whole idea. I thought you'd deep six the story a few times, but you didn't. If you read other authors much, you can pick up that skill.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Very well done! Leap Year Guy is an Author and not just a story teller. That was brilliant, just brilliant! 5 BIG ASS, HUGE, FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Adequate, i suppose. Pretty stupid in some respects, though.

Marklynda2Marklynda2over 1 year ago

I very much liked this story. I was glad to see his 'noble' gesture turned into a beautiful one. A very well thought out and written story and I look forward to reading more of your work. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

WakeupnowWakeupnowabout 1 year ago

What a great story! Way to go!

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

Nice story well written. I enjoyed it very much.

cruzer1955cruzer1955about 1 year ago

I quite liked this story. A little angst, but a satisfying ending.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is a great story but should be in Romance. "Loving Wives" has always been ironically about wives who don't "love" their husbands or may in some sick and twisted way, but never real and never with trust, respect, and or honor. Just the empty way self-entitled narcissists love their possessions.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker6 months ago

💯💯💯💯💯💯👍👍👍👍👍👍👍✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️😉😁🤷🙋🍕🍻

TajfaTajfa5 months ago

Nice one. 5 stars for a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story,a great ending the way it should be.

J6480J64803 months ago

Very enjoyable, almost believable

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

We had argued some, like the time I forgot the toilet seat. She'd been so mad at me for that she only put one piece of cheese on my favorite sandwich. I was so pissed that I hardly said a word to her for the whole last 5 minutes of the Super bowl game, that had been about the worst fight we had ever had!

====> LOL! Cute story. But seriously how was he a Navy Seal? Still enjoyable. 5 stars for happy thoughts sappy ending. The other comment about not doing well in front of an audience was also hilarious.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Nice story, mostly well-told. (Way too many typos and some solecisms--that's why I say "mostly".) 5*.

.

There's really one big, big logic hole, though. A surprise announcement for the company personnel about Rob's promotion might make sense--though we really need a little evidence that he's at a level where that makes sense. A public surprise announcement TO ROB makes no sense whatever! If nothing else, there would have to be a huge number of details he would need to be brought up to speed on! And telling Holly but not Rob? No way!

.

Having said all that, I honestly find it a really good read, short but sweet.

.

Except, why in Loving Wives? It really, REALLY doesn't belong there.

.

(OK, I know hasn't posted anything since 2008, and almost certainly isn't following the comments on this story. Too bad. His stories are worth it.)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous