All Comments on 'Strikes'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 126 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Very good. Unfortunately too many people (both men and women) tell others the grass is greener on the other side of the fence; which results in cheating and then divorce. No one but you knows how happy or sad you are, and how to improve your outlook. Sometimes a friends advice can help, but is the friend looking out for your best interests? In this story Terri can realize that she has had a great relationship with the same man for 30+ years and successfully raised 2 kids, and is a respected member of the community. Marie on the other hand will be known as a cheating slut, and no decent/good guy would touch her and all the others will only want her for her money and sex. One day Marie will wake up knowing sex is not all there is to a relationship, and she will be doomed to a very lonely life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Love it!

It's good to see something like this every once in a while. Thanks, Tramp!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This was great

Loved this change of pace.

WordcraftWordcraftover 3 years ago
THIS WAS FUN

If you had hung in there, you might have finished the story with them having sex as they bounced in the combine finishing their harvest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Really? The talk? Again? Even the joke, "that's three" was as old as the hills.

KaripetKaripetover 3 years ago

You don't often see stories like this in the Loving Wives category. I enjoyed this brief little tale. It's not the type of story in this category that's going to draw rave reviews but it was written well and I loved the sweet romantic ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A great version of the I NEED TO EXPERIENCE ANOTHER MAN story 5*

This is the honest,loving and proper response to a spouse who announces, after years of fidelity, that he/she needs to experience sex with another. The obvious question would be: What about me? Are you okay with me getting my own experience?

We take for granted what we have. ST1956 provided a satisfying story without the need to BTB. Thanks 5 stars.

reasonable man

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

love it 5 stars

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Different

This a different saddletramp, but still a great story. You had me worried there for a minute, but you pulled it out nicely. I like how you worked the old 3 strikes joke into it, and still found time to finish off Marie. Enjoyed it.

MacHardyMacHardyover 3 years ago
Like

Well written, interesting conversation.

beanburner69beanburner69over 3 years ago
Great

Great short story

penneydog55penneydog55over 3 years ago

Such a delicious delicacy

Cherries Jubilee dipped into a sweet tasting pocket of love!

Fantastic Story 5 Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Sweet.

Liked it. A common storyline from beginning to end, but handled extremely well. Of course the key twist was “strike one”.

Thnaks

jasonnhjasonnhover 3 years ago

Both women and men can occasionally get stupid ideas in their heads, especially when their "friends" start whispering in their ear. Talk about having good communication, he let his wife know, in a crystal clear manner, where things stood. The example of the possibility of HIM taking a lover really woke her up. It got her out of her selfish thinking fantasy and restored her thinking as an unselfish and loving wife.

As he said, he wouldn't have literally killed her but figuratively it would have been the same. She would be dead to him. He may not have wanted to cut off his "arm or leg" but if one of them was gangrenous, there may have been no choice. He made sure she KNEW the grim consequences of her potential actions and that got her back on track. Maybe it would have better if she wasn't as foolishly "trusting" and "ditzy" but he accepts his wife as a package, as she does him. The whole package was a good person who got a bit off track. That was fixed and even improved so all was well.

Nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good tale

Old topic written well. I guess i would keep her but she would be by my side 24 x 7 until i felt i could trust her. And her friend would suffer some unfortunate accident.

Omart57Omart57over 3 years ago
Fantastic

Little story, ST! Loved it!

robinhodrobinhodover 3 years ago
Five stars!!!

Not that it's his best.

But,

it's like a flower in the desert compared to what LW has served up recently.

Welcome back ST.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 3 years ago

Another great story... 5*s

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Recycled joke

I came across the “one strike” story decades ago in a collection of American folk tales. This author made clever use of that story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Better than most of your stories

As ridiculous as these characters are, they're still more reasonable than usual.

jneric2691jneric2691over 3 years ago

Great little story!😁👍

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Again

Read this story before its not new.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"Please just let me finish before you say anything, and promise me you won't get mad." - To take these in reverse order, when someone asks you to promise to not get mad, that usually means that they are going to say/do/ask something that they know WILL make you mad. "Let me finish." No, you say something stoopid I'm gonna say something.

/

He said it: He may be the only man she's been with, but she's the only woman he's been with.

/

"It's just that I've never been able to, you know, have anything to compare you to." - What if he fails the comparison? If your car fails the comparison, you might trade it in.

/

"Oh my God," she said. "I never thought of that." - Heh, they never do!

/

I think I heard the story with the horse before.

kirei8kirei8over 3 years ago
He is a farmer

He knows what happens after you plant a seed. You wait, and the seed grows, especially when its left alone (like a stay at home wife), and then one day it is ready for the harvesting. Now you have to hope your expectations are ready for the bounty (like retirement and a cruise together) and some hungry varmint did not steal your easily picked ditzy food, even though you put up a sturdy fence to keep him out. Sorry, You may not care what I think, but you had better be thinking also.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 3 years ago

As always, top notch. Thank you.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

Well done once again ST, thanks for sharing this with us.

5/5

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

Love it when you just decide to have a bit of fun with your writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
2

They were two years shy of forty and had two grown kids in college? Did they get married in eighth grade? Typical ST silliness being pawned off as a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great author

Good language skills and making scenes come to life. However(isn’t there always a however after a brag) possibly you might consider stretching and digging deep to attack a story with a slightly different angle. The horse and carriage for instance my father, born in 1912, told that story while I was a teen and related it was told to him by his father as a tale of control.

I am a reader and as not equipped to tell much less create characters so I congratulate your fine ability. You build it and we will visit your worlds.

Thank you for your time and effort to entertain us.

Dennis

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great little tale there!. Thanks for the offering.

Let me put it to you this way. What would you do if I came home one day and said, 'hi, dear, you know I love you, but I really need to go have sex with another woman to validate myself,' huh? Would you put up with that?"

"Oh hell no," she said. "I'd kick your ass..."

"So, why should it be any different now?" I asked. She looked at me, shocked.

Nothing like a little mutually assured destruction when it comes to infidelity!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You were honest when you said it was just a conversation. But it was a good one and the grandparents take was a great joke to build around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Loved it. 5*

lover1953lover1953over 3 years ago

I generally like SaddleTramps writings. But on a bigger question, why is it that wives, who ordinarily are intelligent, have great jobs and are portrayed as smart and resourceful, suddenly get afflicted with ‘Stupid Disease?’ I’m not looking for an answer other than to suggest that a slightly different plot line is needed here on Literotica.

I’m as guilty as others for reusing plot lines so I’m working to try and come up with something a bit different. Trouble is that reality and fiction are often unrelated. Reality is often based on ignorance and an inability to see the difference between right and wrong.

So, we all struggle to come up with a new twist on reality. There are some excellent writers here, including SaddleTramp.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago

Great flash story ST!! His grandpa was a very smart man.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

I guess in saddletramp's universe a happy marriage is a husband threatening to execute his wife if she has one more evil thought. So much for honesty in a relationship. I would rather have my wife talk out her fantasies or even evil thoughts, and she may have more than three such thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well written

but no creativity. 3

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Nice

Heard a version of that horse story half a century ago and I suppose it goes back centuries before that. Thanks for the memory reminder. Normally I’m a dump them as soon as they make the decision to step out kind of guy but I enjoyed this one.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Okay

I did expect more as you are a great writer. The story was old news but passable.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 3 years ago

In a world of shitty stories, it's nice to smell a rose sometimes.

muskyboymuskyboyover 3 years ago

Really like it. Wish LW had a lot more like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well done

Always enjoy your shows. Growing up in the south I heard the comparable story of three strikes from my dad. Your stories always give me a movie to watch as I read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I enjoy your work. Short but interesting story. Only one major mistake: his daughter must be lying to him about her education, because the University of Washington doesn’t have a veterinary school , but drive across the state to the heaven, that is the Palouse, and you will find the best veterinary school, in the whole world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Different for you, but I liked it.

kdad9010kdad9010over 3 years ago

Nice to read a ‘close call’ story. And that horse joke was great. Thank you!

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

Good story

I really like your sense of humor. Keep writing and I'll keep reading your stories.

Thank you for putting a smile on my face this morning. 5*****

Thank you for the story.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 3 years ago

Thanks for taking this in a different direction.

You don't do sweet very often, so this was a nice change.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nothing new

I think you do these stories well but it could do with a newer plot etc. I reckon I read this plot well over 10 times. Somehow (and I am no author) someone needs to really work this storyline out for a deeper story.

Still 4*

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The joke

Best part of the whole story was the joke. My stepdad used to tell the same one. Only his was the 1800's and the horse was shot 3miles away from anywhere not at the house. I even told it to my ex wife.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Classic ST romp and I loved it! I agree with the character that she never crossed the line, never had someone "lined up" yet, so no harm no foul - kind of. I know this was a short, light story but counseling might be a good idea had you dug deeper. Ditzy is one thing but buying in to her friends thinking was a real problem. Enough plot discussion - well written and refreshing entertainment. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bad taste

Did the horse fell in purpose? If an animal is just a tool to be killed or dispose of when we think it is not as efficient as it used to be or as we think we deserve. It would be fair for Husbands to be treated that way by Wifes. Disposed of at certain age or worst.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

Great story, as usual!!!

The single most destructive phrase between two married people is: <i>"Honey, if you LOVE me....".</i> It's passive-aggressive, emotional terrorism! Unconditional love is not subject to conditions.

PairadoxPairadoxover 3 years ago
Needs a bit of editing

I love the story - but there appeared to be some discrepancies in dates that just kept messing with me.

&quot;We'll both be 40 in just under two years&quot; - means they are 38.

&quot;Dan, our son, had received an appointment to the U.S. Military Academy in West Point and Lisa, our daughter, was at the University of Washington, studying to be a veterinarian.&quot; - MAYBE by the time they were 38 - but damn, they would have had to start right away and have them both fast!

&quot;Terri, my wife of 20 years.&quot; &quot;living on this farm for 20 years&quot; That's within the time frame for teh kids, etc. but that means they married *and* moved on to to the family farm when they were 18. The first, sure. The second... Well, unless his parents died, that seems off.

It wouldn't have messed with me near as much if the one line was &quot;We'll both be 50 in just under two years&quot; - that would have made more sense.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaover 3 years ago
Wonderful...

It's about time that someone comes up with a good story. She was smart enough to ask first, so it's not cheating, but the thought was there. He had the right idea to bring up his own story, especially with that joke. He showed her what would happen IF she were to pursue Marie's idea. I am really pleased because most writers would go towards the cheating/cuckold way and NOT give Bill his choice to stop Terri. I have this tale 4 out of 5 stars because it was so short and it would have benefited from more detailed description and suspension. Keep up the great work...

njlaurennjlaurenover 3 years ago
Old time joke

They were probably taking a variation at King Arthurs court. The saving grace was she had enough respect for him to talk about her thoughts, she trusted him enough not to worry about being belted and she listened to him and realized how stupid she had been,and made up for her almost transgression. He on his part controlled himself and realized where the stupidity was and gave her the opportunity to realize how stupid she was being and to show she understood that. Thinking about cheating is not cheating, after all, if we we thought and felt warranted the strike 3, would be a lot of dead people laying around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"What would you do if I came home one day and said, 'hi, dear, you know I love you, but I really need to go have sex with another woman to validate myself,' huh? Would you put up with that?"

Kinda refreshing to read a story where the husband brings up that point and the wife actually has an "Oh yeah, that's right moment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Misogynistic crap

That’s it, that’s the comment

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I enjoyed it.....but....A farmer thinking about retirement at age 40. The wife giving up real estate( when she is selling houses like hot cakes) even is houses are only worth $200,000, in her area. She seems on schedule to be making north of $500,000 in commissions per year.

tizwickytizwickyover 3 years ago

Very entertaining and short and sweet, a near perfect short story!

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

Fun story whipped cream on your pie can be mighty tasty . *5*

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 3 years ago

Another great one ST!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Been Done Better

Nice effort Saddletramp. Thanks for the submission.

Doc

@Anonymous (JJ), try sirsemega's "That Which You Don't Have..." for a different take on this theme.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Back on track!!

Really enjoyed it, the premise is well worn but the fun of this one made up for that issue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

At least its something somewhat different. I will give you that. Your stories still scream rage and anger to me though. You basically had the husband threaten to murder his wife and the grandfather apparently was willing to go there for arguing about a stupid horse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice one from you

Short and sweet.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

BASIC MATH ANYONE?

They've lived on the farm for 20 years and there 2 years a short of turning 40 which means that the 38. Both the husband and the wife. That means they lived on the farm since they were 18. And presumably that's when they got married

The problem you that 1 of the kids already graduated college and the other one is at West Point which means that 1 of their kids has to be at least 22 years old

That means they got pregnant or married when they were 16

Or earlier. Just dumb just stupid story plot

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 3 years ago
Minor Quibble

There is no veterinary school at the University of Washington. The only veterinary school in Washington is at the land grant university, Washington State, or Moo U as it is known to us Huskies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow, so many choices. I think my favorite is: "Oh my God," she said. "I never thought of that."

Sounds like he got what he married. But after this line it makes you wonder who is the real dumb shit: "I stubbed out my cigarette and headed upstairs."

Just another version of stupid people live fucked up lives. He really believes she never fucked anyone, and he just admitted that leaving her would be like cutting his arm off. Nice words claiming a kinky loving marriage. Too bad words don't trump actions. She wasn't asking him if she could fuck around, she was explaining to him why she was going to do it. All he did was convince her that ignorance is bliss, His ignorance and her bliss.

Guess the whipped cream covered the taste and smell of Leroy's cream pie. "What's for desert?" Too funny.

Thanks for the effort.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Interesting story!

5

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
ALL SMORGASBORGS DONT HAVE TO BE COOKED

to bring the flavor out kinda-like-sushi except it tastes like fish. TK U MLJ LV NV

C_frommnC_frommnover 3 years ago

A little different from the Usual BTB type of story. and if I say a Nice difference. I'm sure you will get the 1s this story does not deserve. Keep Writing and I'll keep reading.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Short And Punchy

A great short story and a change in direction slightly even though the BTB threat seemed to be there.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ok

There will always be snakes in the garden to tempt. It’s only trust that you are married to a good woman / man that loves you and will never cheat . I guess many fall because I’d love to know what kind of % of married or dating people cheat in there life time . I know it must be very high number and that’s sad

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

Different.

I haven't read saddletramp's stories

for a while.

Too many cuckold themes and wives

fucking everything but the family dog.

But this is different.

Not just saddletramp's 'universe' this.

One fine plot and entertaining.

Top ratings from me.

lerenardruselerenardruseover 3 years ago
Great Short Story

It's a great short story as both husband and wife had a lot invested in each other, had the sense to discuss things and then come to right decision for them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
There's no 3rd strike

Beautiful story plus good story line. Definitely a 5 star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟.

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
CUTE STORY!

LOVED IT SO MUCH, YEP, 5 STARS! THANKS SADDLETRAMP1956

arrowglassarrowglassover 3 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyed this one!

I agree with the other comments below!!!!

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 3 years ago
lol

was u trying to clear ur palette? anyway been there done that, actually the first couple of paragraphs were word for word

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Old old joke couple and horse never understood why spouse put up with an asshole who would say one to them.

Hardcore but find that totally ridiculous unless told as joke.

jtwheels

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Firm believer in the 3 strikes rule for most infractions ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good story. Sure, why should he turf her out for raising the question and trash 20 years of a happy marriage. He opened her eyes by asking for her reaction, if the boot was on the other foot. She was a bit ditzy, to be led astray by the bitch Marie but had the sense to raise it with her husband , first. 5*s.

Clansman2100Clansman2100about 3 years ago

Love this story. Keep it up

Thanks

SexecutionerSexecutioneralmost 3 years ago

He couldn't turn off over twenty years of love? Why not? She was about to....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The "that's 1" story is great. In this day of PC and women's lib, it is even more important for a man to be a man. Otherwise he will end up losing his wife to one.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 2 years ago

His great grandmother should have gotten out of the buggy and started walking back to town. He just threatened to kill her if she ever disagreed with him. She was right to climb his frame about the horse. It didn't deserve being killed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really? You portrayed a wife who can't think by herself. A very stupid teenager. Only that she's not. So, sorry but I'm not buying it. If she was so influenceable they would have never stayed married for so long. If she is not, she is is a great lier and a better actress. In any case, your story makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Almost all writers in this categories portray the husband as arrogant, sanctimonious, condescending assholes, who treat and speak to their wives like they're stupid. No wonder they want to find something different to their know it all asshole husbands! 1*

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

It's all the satisfaction of the confrontation conversation that features so prominently in many LW stories, but without the added carnage of the affair, discovery, rage, low-grade bourbon, and divorce (followed by marrying the first woman who whips her tits out).

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Heard this story many, many years ago. Been married to my second wife a long, long time. Neither of us ever got to "That's one".

But yes. I did enjoy this story. And what a lot of you folks that have commented forget is it JUST A STORY.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97over 2 years ago

I am always amazed that authors think portraying a wife this ignorant makes for a good story. This tale gets told many times over in different variations and it never sits right with me. His wife loves him and knows how he is but she STILL tells him she wants to have sex with someone else. And she tells him it was because her girlfriend told her she should. She doesn't even have the wherewithal to tell him she wants to do it herself but that she was told she should.

I just cannot understand this plot trope in this genre. I cannot remember ever reading a story using this plot that I thought was any good. I think I have trouble getting past how any wife could actually be that stupid. It's a bit different if the story is completed and the aftermath of the decision is dealt with, to the detriment of the "loving wife" but when it is used in the manner of this story, as a cautionary tale type of story it just doesn't sit right with me.

JelloXpressJelloXpressover 2 years ago

Decently written, reflecting in part reaching the scary 40s and the stupid thoughts we sometimes entertain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I will never understand how any wife (or husband) can use the words “if you love me you’ll let me do this” and believe it will make any difference at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It's amazing, the things a person can get talked into. You made a clever and creative story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It's nice to read a story where a foolish wife sees the light and changes her mind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

LMAO .. I hate whipped crème . I also had a Girlfriend who put it on her boobs . I grabbed a towel and then got gown to business . At least his wife was smarter then My ex was . I do not get turned on by watching some ass hole have sex with my wife . In fact it really pisses Me off . Show me disrespect and I will show you the Divorce Papers and an Ass kicking for the guy .

rbloch66rbloch66almost 2 years ago

This story was refreshing. I know it is highly unlikely this particular scenario would happen in real life with the positive ending. It’s a wonderful thought nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

We seldom think of the guys point of view. I would have dumped his ass if he brought it up. I hurt him so badly. I will never forgive myself. When I was served the papers and he demanded my rings back. I finally mailed them back wrapped in plastic inside a small box containing a note saying no other rings will ever be there. The rings I loved so dearly and I swore to never remove were there still on my finger. I'm still in therapy but believe I did right by proving no other rings ever.

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

This is just classic...

5 stars

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyalmost 2 years ago

I don't know how I missed this. I wrote a story around an old joke, but this is far superior. TYVM.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Quite a misogynic tale. I think Saddletramp is a lot more humble in front of his wife if he even has one.

One of the funniest thing about conservative American males is how much they hate Muslim men and yet their mentality is just about the same.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...