Striking the Heart of the Wolf Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh. I guess we'll talk tomorrow then?" Mia asked, obviously trying to hide her disappointment.

Hating the thought of her feeling rejected, he gently grabbed her face. Without warning he smashed his mouth into Mia's, demanding entrance. Giving no hesitation, Mia let him in, allowing her tongue to dance with his. Jax put every ounce of passion he could muster behind that kiss, hoping to wipe any doubts from her mind. After reluctantly pulling away, he brushed a stray hair behind her ear.

"I will call you first thing in the morning. Pinky promise." The look on Mia's face was enough to melt the coldest of hearts, as she offered her pinky to Jax. Interlocking it with his, he followed the ritual before letting go.

Jax smiled at her. "Come on, I'll walk you to the door."

- - -

Jax entered the empty bar to see Russ sitting at a table with Nick and his beta Alex, exchanging small talk, beers in hand. Not one of Jax's favorite associates, Nick and him never saw eye to eye much, but he did respect him as a good Alpha to his pack. Showing up on such short notice was unlike him, and Jax felt the unease in the air as he approached the table.

"Gentlemen." Jax greeted them as he took his seat. Each of them greeted Jax on return. Russ handed over a beer when he sat.

"I'll skip the formalities and get to the point Jax. Two of our pack members were found dead a few days ago." Nick worked his jaw as he spoke, failing to hide his anger and grief.

"His sister and her mate," Alex added.

After seemingly regaining himself, Nick continued.

"I sent out a team to figure out what happened and it looks as though there are some rogue wolves who have been causing trouble for some time now. I spoke to Theo yesterday and he says they had an incident too, though they thought it was isolated after finding one of the wolves and dealing with him. They didn't realize there were more of them."

"Our condolences are with you and your pack Nick." Jax offered.

"I'm assuming since you are here, you have an idea of where they are?" He inquired, trying to keep his apprehension settled.

"We tracked them south for a few days. Lost their trail about thirty miles north of here." Alex remarked.

"How many do you think there are?" Russ asked.

"My scouts found tracks for three, but they split at some point, last tracks spotted were for two wolves," Nick answered, sorrow still written on his face.

"I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I will have everyone on high alert, if we make any discoveries you will be the first to know. And again, I'm sorry for your loss. Please, let me know if there's anything else we can help with." Jax said with sincerity.

"Of course, thank you for seeing us Jax." The men stood, exchanging parting pleasantries, then Nick and Alex excused themselves leaving Russ and Jax to speak alone.

"What are your thoughts, boss?" Russ probed.

"Call a pack meeting right away. I want patrols in groups, and no one goes out alone. I want those wolves found and dealt with."