Striking the Heart of the Wolf Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When he was fully buried inside of her, he stopped to give her a moment to adjust. His wolf skating the surface, goading him on to pick up the pace. Not able to control himself much longer, he began to move in and out of her quicker. Mia's nails dug into his arms as she cried out in pleasure. As she began to squirm under him, he moved his hand to grab the hair at the back of her head, forcing her towards his mouth. Their tongues danced together as their bodies moved in sync with one another. When he pulled her face away to continue watching the bliss in her eyes, he saw it.

This time on her skin, she was radiating a sparkling glow. Not knowing why, or what she was, at that moment he could care less. Mia was his, and nothing was going to change that.

The look of possession over her in his eyes was enough to send her over the edge, but the continued assault on her inner walls, his hand in her hair, and a thumb on her clit, was all driving her mad. As she gripped tighter onto Jax's strong bulging arms, Mia felt her pussy clenching as her insides felt like they were about to explode. As he stroked in and out of her at a steady pace, she ground against him, meeting his thrusts.

"I think I'm going to cum!" she called out, feeling her arousal about to boil over, the water sloshing around them.

"Cum for me Mia" the way he growled out those words like he was demanding it of her, set her off. As her arousal took over, her body shook with waves of tremors, and her pussy pulsated over Jax's cock.

"Fuck Mia!" after calling out her name in almost a plea, she felt his cock throb as he pumped his hot seed into her, burning her insides. The sensation of him filling her with the warm liquid drew out her orgasm to new heights as she screamed in bliss.

When her body finally came down, and the adrenaline wore off, she melted into Jax as he held her close. Wrapping his arms around her, he pressed his face into her hair, planting a kiss on her head.

Returning her sentiments from earlier, he spoke as he tried to catch his breath. "I love you too Mia."

Once back on the trails after spending a while longer enjoying the hot spring, Jax's thoughts began to run wild as he recalled what he had seen Mia's eyes and body do, his earlier curiosities returning as he was a little less distracted. What was she? Does she really not know? What kind of powers does she hold if she is of magic? He couldn't come to any conclusions, other than he was pretty sure she wasn't aware of what was inside her. Whatever it was, it wouldn't change anything for him. His wolf agreed, she would always be his no matter what. Besides, the bigger issue at hand was making sure she wanted to stay.

"You should see this place in the spring. You would love it. All the flowers are in bloom, the trees are full of leaves."

"I'm sure it's a wonder to see."

"It's pretty wonderful in the later winter months too, with the mountains covered in snow. The town's people always fill the streets and storefronts with all kinds of decorations."

Not oblivious to where he was going with the conversation, Mia shot him a conflicted glance.

"Jax..."

When she paused to find the words, he instantly sensed them, werewolves. There was more than one, but they weren't of his pack or he would be able to reach their minds. He did know they didn't mean well. His stance went full-on alpha, as he moved Mia behind him protectively, moving them up against a large tree, shielding their backs. As confident as he was in his strength, he would be outnumbered, which wasn't the issue. Trying to fight them off and keep Mia safe at the same time was going to prove difficult. Knowing he needed help and fast, he reached out to Russ.

Russ, we have a problem. I need you NOW! Rogue wolves in the woods are closing in on Mia and me.

Hold them off for as long as you can. I'll be there as fast as my legs will allow.

"Jax, what's wrong?"

"Stay behind me Mia, don't speak, don't move, and don't panic."

Extending his arm behind him trying to guard Mia, he knew they were close. He could sense them and knew they could sense him and Mia.

It didn't take much longer for them to make their approach. Two wolves came into view, one on each side of them. Jax's wolf was standing by, knowing these wolves were hostile, he was waiting to be let out.

Frozen in fear, listening to what he told her, Mia watched as the two wolves began to move in on them. Still not wavering at what was unfolding, Jax stood strong, emitting this force she couldn't see but could feel. Time seemed to drag on for eternity when she heard him warn them.

"I don't think you want to do this boys. I suggest you go back to where you came from."

It was as if he was trying to reason with them as they could understand him. Her mind must have started playing tricks on her, because Mia swore she heard the smaller wolf chuckle. Then he lunged.

It happened in an instant, if she had blinked she would have missed it. One moment Jax was against her, standing in front of her, the next he was in the air, a wolf in his place. Going after the first, Jax knocked him away with ease before heading toward the larger of the two. Though they were all massively large, more so than your average wolf, Jax was easily the largest of the three. Even so, the other lycan didn't go down so easily, Mia watched in shock as the two beasts scuffled in a mess of fur, teeth, and claws. From the corner of her eye, she noticed the small wolf get up from the ground and stalk his way toward her, a devilish smile full of hunger across his face, baring his sharp teeth. When he flew towards her Mia tensed, squeezing her eyes closed anticipating the blow. Then all went silent.

When she opened her eyes she was no longer in the same woods. This forest had a glossiness to it. The flowers and all around were not of her world. Trees were shown with lavender and pink leaves. The grass glowed with bright neon green. As Mia was taking in her surroundings, she appeared, a sparkling cloud transcending into bodily form.

"Mia, baby, don't be frightened. You are more than what you think."

"Mom?"

The unreal forest faded away, and suddenly she was back in her world.

He was closing in on her as Jax put the more stubborn wolf into the ground. Trying to make his way to intercept him before getting to Mia, the other wolf lunged at her. Fear for her forced him to move as fast as his body would allow when she disappeared and the wolf dived face-first into the tree. Jax took his confusion as an opening, and rushed him from the side, knocking his feet away before pacing towards him and going for his opponent's throat.

Rendering the smaller wolf incapacitated he went in for the kill when he heard Mia scream. He turned to see the larger wolf swat her into a tree, a good distance away. When she slumped to the ground, the wolf moved on top of her in an instant and pushed his paw into her chest. Jax made it over to them before he could do any more damage, shoving him off of his mate he felt Mia's pain. His wolf went into hyperdrive, wanting to finish this so he could get to her and make sure she was OK. Once again putting up a fight the wolf that harmed his mate was a bit more difficult to take down, but Jax was in a full-on rage. Right as he gained the upper hand he felt the other lycan on top of him digging his claws into his back and then biting the back of his neck. Continuing his assault on the larger wolf, Jax let out a growl as he tried to shake the wolf on top of him.

As he was trying to map his way out of his predicament, he felt the wolf being pulled from his back and saw Russ scuffle with him from the corner of his eye. Finally given full mobility again, Jax made quick work of finishing off the larger wolf in his grasp. Quickly, he looked over to see Russ take out the other lycan. Knowing the threat was over he rushed to Mia, shifting back into human form. After following suit, Russ stood over them, awaiting his alpha's orders.

Knocked unconscious, Jax lifted her into his arms, fearing he had truly failed her. Once he was able to hear her breath, though shallow, he began to assess her injuries. There were puncture wounds in her chest, and blood was leaking from her back. He placed his ear to her chest to hear she had a faint heartbeat.

"Russ we need to get her to the compound, fast. There's some straps in my bag. When I shift I need you to strap her to my back."

"I got you, brother."

After pulling the straps from the bag, Russ made his way back over to them as Jax shifted. Carefully lifting Mia, he felt Russ place her on his back and then quickly strap her securely to him.

"That should hold her in place. I'll be right behind you."

With that, Jax took off, running harder than he ever had before.

- - -

Unable to stand still, Jax paced back and forth in the infirmary room of the compound. When he noticed her stirring, he returned to the chair next to her bed and stroked her hair, hoping in some way it would help. Now that he was sitting, Jo, the pack doctor, finally broke the silence.

"She's healing well, more rapidly than a human."

"So, she's going to be OK?"

"Yes she'll be fine. She never mentioned anything to you Jax? About where she is from? Anything of significance in her lineage?" the doctor asked.

"No, all I know is her father is Italian, and her mother is Irish. But she was raised by her father's family when he left after her mom died. But I don't think she knows what she is."

Russ chimed in. "Why don't we call George, I know he wasn't able to place it initially, but if she's presented with more abilities he might be able to figure it out?"

Jax raked a frustrated hand through his hair. "I don't know Russ, she's already going to freak out when she wakes up and realizes what happened. I don't want to put too much on her at once."

"You don't have to tell her exactly why he's here. Just that he wanted to come check on her. We can tell him what we know, and he can assess her." Russ reasoned.

"I agree Jax, there's not much more I need to do here besides monitor her progress. Whatever abilities it is that she has, it's healed anything I was truly concerned about." Jo offered.

"So why has she still not woken up?" Jax growled.

Ignoring his tone the doctor responded. "Her mind and body experienced significant trauma. It's just her body's way of letting her mind heal."

Jax sighed in resignation. "All right, Russ call George and update him on the situation. Make sure he knows not to let on to the actual nature of his visit. I'm going to give Marie a call, Mia trusts her, and it might help calm her. Plus with Marie's Irish roots and being a Wiccan she might be able to help George put the pieces together."

"Got it, boss," Russ said as he retrieved his phone from his pocket and retreated to the hallway. Jo walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, offering her sympathy.

"She'll be OK Jax, give her time to heal from everything. We can figure everything else out after. I'll be in my office if you need me."

Once the doctor made her way out of the room, he laid his head on Mia's lap.

"I'm so sorry Mia."

- - -

Everything seemed to hurt as she slowly woke. Her body felt drained of energy, and she was confused about where she was and what had happened. Coming into full consciousness, Mia glanced at the IV in her arm, then noticed the leads coming from her that were attached to sticky pads all over her body with a monitor at the other end. Something had happened, but her head was screaming at her. She couldn't focus on much other than what was around her.

As her brain began to settle, allowing her to concentrate more, she heard voices coming from the other room. The voice of a woman she couldn't place, Zoey, Russ, and Jax. At the sound of his voice, Mia's mind spun as she began to recall the events that led her here, and her anxiety began to rise. As her breath quickened, causing pain to shoot through her chest as it heaved, she groaned at the tight pain, clutching at her chest.

In an instant they all rushed into the room, Jax sitting at her side grasping her hands, and stroking her hair to soothe her as Russ, Zoey, and the doctor looked on. When their hands touched she felt his energy, urging her to relax. It was as if she could feel him in a way she hadn't before. As her mind and body calmed from the anxiety, another memory surfaced. Her mom.

The memories of where she had gone, during the attack, and the words her mom spoke, gave her a new sense of comfort in her surroundings. Whether it happened or it was imagined, she wasn't sure but reliving it told her she wasn't quite so out of place.

"Hey, beautiful."

Regarding her cautiously, Jax held a haunted look on his face. Her heart twisted to see the man who was always so strong and sure, so torn apart.

"I've felt better. How long was I out for?" Mia asked groggily.

"3 days," Russ answered. "Gotta admit you're one tough cookie. You were pretty banged up when Doc got a look at you."

"You scared the crap out of me Mia!" Zoey stated, shaking her head at Jax.

"Oh." She responded, deciding on her next choice of words. Jax remained quiet, searching for an indication of what she was thinking. The tall doctor with platinum blonde hair in a pixie cut shifted Mia's attention.

"I'm very happy with how well you've healed, minus a few scars that may be left behind, you'll be back to normal soon"

Mia looked up, flashing a smile of thanks. "Thank you for taking care of me."

"Of course." She answered with a warm smile in return.

Returning her focus to Jax, she didn't hold her tongue any longer. "So when were you planning on mentioning you are a full-blown werewolf?"

Her tone was calm, almost indifferent. Not wanting to be a part of this portion of the conversation, the doctor turned on her heels and left the room. On the opposite side of her bed, Russ looked away avoiding her stare, as if he had been caught red-handed. Zoey continued staring at her friend, weary of her reaction. Maintaining eye contact, Jax studied her before responding.

"I had planned on telling you once I was sure you would stay here with me. The thought of you leaving is unbearable enough. Adding your rejection to me and my wolf would be the nail in my coffin."

His admission of the fear of losing her hit Mia hard, mirroring the same fear she was denying herself. She let out a deep sigh at the impossible position they had found themselves in.

"I have a few calls to make. I'll be back later. Glad you made it out in one piece girl. Try not to give him too much hell, he's a pain to be around when he's moody." Russ kissed Mia on the cheek before leaving.

"I suppose I should leave you two, don't ever do that to me again!" Zoey said firmly.

Once she heard the door close, she decided it was all or nothing, and began to spill every thought she had since coming to Colorado before falling face-first into this man's path.

"I don't want to lose you Jax, but Florida is my home, it's all I know." She stopped considering her words. "This whole thing is crazy. We've only known each other for a few weeks, yet I feel like I belong to you. All because I unexpectedly inherited land from a man whom I held dear to me, but who had no obligation to me at all." She continued with a sigh. "I didn't know it was possible to love someone this much, not to mention so quickly. And now I find out you've been holding this huge secret from me, that you're some magical being I only believed to be in myths and legends. Yet, I am still so ridiculously in love with you, it's overwhelming sometimes. It's just a lot." She finished, hiding her face in her palms.

"So you don't hate me? I almost got you killed." Jax said, his tone apologetic.

"I don't think it's possible for me to hate you. Yeah, I'm upset you kept this from me, but I can kind of see why. And you didn't almost get me killed; I know what happened wasn't your fault."

Unable to hear him so torn apart, she reached her hand out to touch his face, seeking to give him some form of comfort. Immediately reacting to her touch, he pressed his cheek into her hand, letting her soothe his anger at himself.

As his worry began to fade, his confidence returned to him, along with his wolf who had been incognito since bringing her to the medic. Once he regained his composure, he took her hand, kissing the inside of her palm. She seemed to be giving him time to put away his shame, allowing him to take control.

Unable to decide what else to do to make sure she stays here with him as his mate, he chose to assert his dominance subtly, hoping she would willingly submit. She may not be aware, but she'd been slowly allowing it over the last few weeks, not quite catching on to his tactics.

"This is your home, with me. You can leave all the hurt and painful memories behind, and make new, happy ones here. I know I failed to keep you safe from the wolves we encountered on the trail, but I will not let harm come to you again. And if anyone were to ever try and take you from me, I would fight Hades himself to get you back. I will never hurt you, Mia, you must believe that. You are my mate, and I'm not letting you go no matter what it takes."

Before she had a chance to combat his words, Jax leaned over and kissed her intently, demanding she gives him access. When she opened her mouth to allow him in, he left no question that she was his, and he had no intention of letting her leave his side. His kiss was dominant and possessive but filled with need, he stayed till he felt her give in to him.

"I'm going to call Marie and let her know you're awake. She's been worried sick about you. I know she will be happy to see you alive with her own eyes." He kissed her on the forehead when he noticed her shift in discomfort. "Are you in pain? I can see if Jo will give you some more meds."

Mia fidgeted with her fingers. Her expressive face changed and became almost somber.

"Jax, what do you think I am? Do you think it's something bad?"

"No, there can never be anything bad about you." Jax began to stroke her hair, trying to ease her worry.

"I saw my mom when you and the other wolves were fighting. I closed my eyes and when I opened them she was there. She was so bright. And we were in this forest, it was like a whole other world though. I don't know, I think I'm going crazy."

"You're not crazy. I don't know what you are, but we will figure it out. And no matter what it is I will be here. But we don't have to solve everything today. For now, get some rest." He kissed Mia gently one last time, then waited till she fell asleep before leaving.

- - -

After so long, it was back. The darkness chased her as she ran as fast as she could, but her skin was shining so bright he found her everywhere she tried to hide. It wanted her, and she couldn't outrun it. Mia saw Jax in his wolf form, he was so far, she called to him but he couldn't hear her. She turned around to see it closing in on her.

"He cannot save you, child. I will find you, and you will be mine."

She stood helpless as the large shadow engulfed her.

- - -

She heard herself call out to Jax as she shot up in the bed. Her body was covered in sweat, drenching her hair and gown. As if he was on standby, waiting for her to wake, he rushed to her bed. When she felt his arms wrap around her, pulling her into him, she realized she was breathing as if she had run a marathon.

"Mia it's ok, I'm right here, you're safe."

As she came back into reality, Mia shoved her face into his chest while he held her, desperate to feel his warmth. She hadn't even realized she was sobbing when Jax began running his hands down her hair, cooing for her to relax, to feel his protection.

"I'm so sorry Mia" his voice was full of guilt. Realizing he thought he was to blame for her fear. She pulled herself together and found his eyes.