All Comments on 'Strip!'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
"Normal is a cycle on a washing machine"

That's my answer to the author's closing question. I do appreciate the story though . I've known couples akin to the one vividly portrayed by MGM . You can virtually sense their ' sea of love' evaporating .

newjaynenewjayneover 11 years ago
That was good

Well written and enjoyable - and the only one who got hurt was the one who deserved it.

nakdsubnakdsubover 11 years ago
Alright...

I liked it...a lot; a real life, down to earth story, well thought out and written.

After the last couple I thought you lost it, Magmaman, but this just shows what you can do when you put your mind to it. Great Job.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Excellently written

and as always seeking an original moment.....

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Well Written

Excellent tale. Glad you continued writing here. Thanks.

mat1014mat1014over 11 years ago
Hot damn!

Really enjoyed this one, Magmaman. Good plot line, believable charcters, nice flow to the story. Thanks for an enjoyable read.

AbsalomrideAbsalomrideover 11 years ago
No sell out. Other writers are going to extremes to catch attention.

mgm you could ramble on forever in your slick style, giving us an inviting sense of your Americana, I love it. But when you get to the meat and bones of the tale, as with all writers that put themselves out there on the limb, it's make or break time..

Superb writing, full of subtlety and nuance. What you get with a few switches of scenario, some pronoun changes, well that's a different story, one that would have us baying for blood. But plain to see, Kelly ain't no slut, our protangonist no bull, and Pat the dark menace that fucks so many relationships. Must have been some kind of insecurity on his part, poor chap.

The denouncement(?) was well handled though I didn't like that she was marrying a guy, but you got away with it - she wasn't married and she'd been totally honest with the guy, even though if that had been me I would have probably stroked my beard, wryly, at her continuing infatuation and tenderly assured her that she'd have no reason to ever act on it (I actually fear for her in her new relationship, and I got a lot of love for Kelly) .

It's good to see the comments on here that get it like I do. Great story, thrilling to read and 5*. Part 2 please- keeping it normal. Your effortless style will do the rest.

Ramblers Rule!

WTF is a Rambler??

PPS. Don't even try it Harry...

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
STRIP BITCH!!!!

but remember all your going to see is a body. TK U MLJ LV NV

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Thank you, MGM

Good show. It was good to see another MGM submission. And I liked it.

Back in the day, girls were not allowed to date guys who drove Nashes because the front seat reclined fully to make a bed! That least those girls whose parents knew about that feature.

Our intrepid Narrator was a gracious gentleman!

rlg99prlg99pover 11 years ago
Pizza?

Extra Sausage & Cheese, Thin Crust.

Nice little tale, although I was never much for a Nash.But they did look nice dressed up. ***** Loved the story.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Great Read!!!!!

Loved the nash one of them had a bed in it. They also had a two seater I think it was call a Cosmopolitan. Thanks for a great read.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
A fine story with a cute storyline.

An enjoyable read and a nicely done storyline.

I remember the Hudson, Nash and American Motors cars as a kid in the late forties and early fifties. They were big old boat like cars, and Hudson especially had a real sweet ride to it.

Those were the good old days.

Thanks for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Loved your writing style!

Very Stephen King'ish when he's doing a backwoods type story with a narrator who isn't city-slick, but more country-ish. You nailed the tone and wrote one heck of a good read.

northlandernorthlanderover 11 years ago
Damn Good Story

Thanks for a sort of tongue in cheek, feel good story, where as one commentator said, the only person hurt was the one who deserved it. A human story with a good plotline. full marks for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for a great down to earth story. One that I can get lost in and one I can find believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Pat was a total putz

and treated his wife like shit....as many men still do but she found love at last and had no secrets when she dropped her knickers for the guy but he found a loving wife and no way was he going to treat his wife like a slut...well done him...thinking with his head and not his dick...a nice story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Now I'm curious...

What is the rest of the 'old saying' : "a pile of rocks if a Snake was hiding in it"

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
Could almost be in the Romance category.

BTW, never heard, “... a pile of rocks if a Snake was hiding in it..?" before. And a QUICK google search came up with things on snakes in general. So, I have not a clue what the saying fragment means.

4-stars

magmamanmagmamanabout 5 years agoAuthor
"Pile of rocks" explained

That line is something my Dad used to say, it refers to a guy who is less than cautious about who he might have sex with.

The full line is.. "He would screw a pile of rocks if a snake was hiding in it.", which means, one of those guys that would have sex with anybody.

But then if you knew my Father, he was full of common lines he used, things like "Ain't worth the powder it would take to blow him to hell." and all sorts of classics like that.

Thanks,

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Dear f@#$& god, this was boring.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
Interesting.

But Paul was Gay As Fuck and Kelly was a bit of a whore on him.

Made my stomach turn

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Good story that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
2706 Followers
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...