All Comments on 'Strutter'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
My 2 cents

I liked the story. I liked the characters and the premise. I liked the build up and the way you had them hit and miss each other. I will be reading more of your stories. Thanks for your time and imagination.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 4 years ago
The mystery game

The story of the two lovers was good and this was indeed a true romance: ups and downs and likable people. My problem is that I have no idea what are the rules or goals in the game of darts. It's not worth my time to look it up and there was no clue in the story to tell me what was going on. Still a good story - 4*, but probably worth 5* if I knew what was going on in the exciting finish.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 4 years ago
180!

Yes, double tops for me, nice romance.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11about 4 years ago

Great romance

Looking forward to reading more of your work

bigbob2406bigbob2406about 4 years ago

Great stuff. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Three darts to the heart

Brings back long forgotten memories as a child of sometimes catching part of darts competitions on TV. As you say usually with over weight, heavy drinking, chain smoking competitors. I don't remember mixed competitions in the past but times are a changing and maybe different these days.

I don't feel that knowing the scoring was essential to the story but for those in doubt from memory:

Darts scoring is to a sudden death win and usually runs down from either 301 or 501 depending on the competition. Each competitor gets three small darts to throw at a round board numbered nonsequentially in segments from 1 to 20, each segment scores as per its number but also has small double and triple score sections in it. Aa central bullseye scores 50 plus an inner ring scores 25. You can therefore score a maximum of 180 with three darts to take from the original total and play continues until one competitor can go out on a double.

If no one has gone out then a competitor who misses the final double AND goes beyond the required number to win has their score reset to the previous subtotal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
If it’s not worth Overcritical’s time...

to learn more about the game then it’s not worth our time to read his reviews.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 4 years ago
After finally beating my KISS addiction.............

Along comes Bh76 and his KISS themed Titles lol. I'm waiting for the story titled Dr. Love. I use to have a vanity license plate that said DRLOVE when I was younger. It really doesn't get much cheeser than that lol.

Great stories, they are fun, fairly light, and entertaining. Can you do an old-time Western story?

RRC2RRC2almost 4 years ago
Another good story from BH76

I don't know anything about darts. I don't care about darts. I loved this story. And thanks to BH76's story telling, he gave me all the info I needed to make the drama of the round work.

THANKS

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
JUST BECAUSE ITS AN OFF THE WALL SPORTING EVENT

there will be in the wall happenings. TK U MLJ LV NV

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
He

He should be wary of Jenny.She says she isn't a pin cushion,but she is obviously very experienced.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good story, but..

This was a very good story, but it would have even better with a bit more of an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Read the other Ace-Jenny stories.

This Jenny character sounds like trash - her demeanour, her behaviour even with Ryan screams slut!!

Ace thinks with his dick

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesalmost 3 years ago

Nice story-telling and characterization in this one, with a detailed and unusual milieu. Top marks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

diferent and fun

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

i don’t understand, why was ryan in her room if she was taking a shower ???

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Picture perfect.

WetheNorthWetheNorth7 months ago

quote I was going to need some alcohol for this. I got a bottle of wine, an opener, and a bottle of Jack Daniels. unquote.

Yup the solution to everything

JusteenKJusteenK25 days ago

Nice story but goodness your players get to a finish in unconventional ways. 121 is one of the easier big finishes as it gives another chance if your first dart misses treble 20....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2766 Followers
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...