Succubus of Bahrain

Story Info
Kendra is hunted by a sultry monster in Bahrain.
7.1k words
4.58
4.5k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Succubus of Bahrain

Inaya Chase

If I told you what parts of my story I can dig out of my memory, you wouldn't believe me. You'd probably say I had been on drugs and hallucinated it all. But it doesn't matter. I can't piece it together without thinking I've gone crazy myself, but I'll try. I can't help thinking that somehow, I'm involved with their deaths. And there's something else there, too: something I shouldn't feel.

I arrived in Manama, the capital of the governorate of Bahrain in the heat of the spring afternoon. We first landed in Baghdad, and spent a few days there, touring the beautiful city. Then we drove south to Basrah - but not without stopping in the Dhi Qar Governorate to see the ancient city of Ur. I actually stood on the summit of the Great Ziggurat of Ur and looked out to the horizon! It was as if I were an ancient goddess standing on the cusp of the whole world, ready to judge the fates of everyone below. From Basra, we headed further south around the Gulf to eventually end up in this paradise.

Manama was such a site to behold - like nothing I've ever seen before. I thought Baghdad was beautiful; but this place was on another level entirely. The architecture was so modern and artistic - not like the cities back home. It was like stepping into the paradise of another world entirely, like everything I'd ever dreamed of since I was a little girl, and so much more. I grew up with a love for the Middle East, and have the Arabian Nights practically memorized. I can still feel the excitement and wonder from reading it for the first time. Manama was a magical city - but instead of dusty old palaces, tents, flying carpets and insane princes, I had been introduced to a whole new world of modern marvels blended with traditions as old as civilization. I'm so glad Coop and Alexis convinced me to come. I was so nervous and scared - with all that's happened in the past few decades.....we only see on the news the very worst of people, don't we? But instead of violence, anger and fear I've been greeted by some of the warmest and kindest people I've ever met in my life!

I wasn't going to come when Professor Carter advertised the trip. I mean, yeah, I didn't mind giving up my spring break and two weeks missing from class; but to be perfectly honest? I was scared. I wanted to come ever since the Professor first announced it. Coning to Iraq was a dream come true, And I had been studying the country and its history since I can remember. But Bahrain? I didn't know much about Bahrain beyond passing references to it in my conversations with my online friends in Iraq or a few mentions here and there in books, so I Googled it. The place was described as an ancient paradise, and my gods--it stole my heart. Of all the places on the list, I was most excited about Bahrain. But when it was in front of me.....Well, would you feel safe? The political climate of Iraq from the last few decades has every visitor on edge. Even if Bahrain had nothing to do with all that, I'm ashamed to say I was still nervous about the whole thing. But Alexis started on me first, insisting that I need this, and gave the usual things that are supposed to be convincing but really aren't. Then Coop came up and started his bullshit. The bitches ganged up on me, I thought to myself with a silent chuckle. I'm so glad they did. This place.... It's already changed me, and it's only been a week.

We arrived at the Bahrain International Hotel on Government Avenue, right in the middle of everything you would want to see in the city. Just a brief walk down a street, and I'd be standing in front of the Bahrain World Trade Center or up northward a little and see the Harbor Heights. The first couple of days were all about shopping and concerts during the Spring of Culture Festival until my feet were ready to fall off in the middle of the Manama Souq - one of the largest marketplaces I've ever seen. I swear I saw colors I've never seen before as the venders' shops filled the streets with the entire visible spectrum, and the smells! My gods, the scents of the spices and the foods and the incense and perfume.... It was overwhelmingly beautiful--literally. I started to notice how much I was in my head.

"Alexis, please, stop for a second."

"What's wrong, babe? Isn't this place just amazing?!" Alexis was lost in wonder and wanting to look at and taste everything. She's been my bestie since the day we arrived on campus at Ohio State. She said I looked lost. Truth is, I kind of was. I was never a terribly outgoing person but enjoy my quiet places with my books. Alexis is the exact opposite - she never had a problem meeting new people. I'd say she'd had pity on me that day and became my friend because she felt sorry for me, but she'd say otherwise. But since that first day I saw her beautiful smile and she gave me the warmest, kindest hug I've ever been given in my life; we were attached at the hip. When we arrived at the Souq gate Alexis, our other bestie Coop, and I decided to walk arm-in-arm together so we wouldn't lose each other in the overcrowded marketplace.

"It really is. But after two days of new sights, it's all a little.... too much? I really could use a minute here."

"Oh yeah, sure babe. Hey Coop, look at that café over there. I'm going to absolutely die if I don't have that aroma filling my mouth right now!"

"Oh my god, Lex! Do you even hear yourself, you thirsty slut?!"

I nodded gratefully at Alexis as we sat in the quiet café's tented walls which seemed to shut the busy streets of the Souq out and provide some sense of solitude for weary shoppers. An old man with a long, gray beard walked in with three small espresso-sized cups and gently placed them on the table in front of us. He then masterfully began filling our cups with a traditional coffee that has been used for centuries to offer some comfort to weary travelers like us. The aroma that filled my nose as I sipped down the hot black elixir of the gods was soothing to the soul, and I finally felt some relief for my nerves from the busied life on the streets of Manama.

"And what are you three up to in here? No good, I assume from Coop's reputation." Professor Carter pushed through the entrance of the tent of the café as the incense smoke twirled its way into the street around him.

"It's Brandon, Dr. Carter. Brandon Thomas Cooper. I don't go by Coop anymore, except for these two hotties. They can call me whatever they want. And what do you mean, reputation? I..." Coop stood up and gave an elegant curtsy. "...am a perfect lady. We suddenly heard a muffled chuckle from the café owner in front of us. Even he could sense the lie. Coop was anything but a proper lady, though they certainly can put on an act as one when they want to--especially for their boyfriend when the situation calls for it. Alexis and I met Coop last year, not long into our first semester at Ohio State. Coop was a junior in our English Lit class - apparently, they failed their first run and had to take it over. They sat beside Alexis and began flirting with her immediately. Of course, she turned their ass down - but we all quickly became friends and the next year saw us become closer than I'd ever been with anyone in my life. Watching them curtsy for the professor in front of us now, and hearing Alexis' bawling laugh--I can't imagine my life without either of them.

"My apologies, Brandon. I must have mistaken you for that drunk person running down the dorm halls naked and screaming that you didn't need clothes to be fancy in that incident last month." The professor snorted a laugh.

"That.... was an isolated incident. It was the last night before Chris' game in Memphis and we'd be separated for over a month; and I have no idea what they put in that stuff, but it did not taste anything like tea!"

Dr. Carter smiled, "Well, nonetheless, it's getting late. The rest of the group is ready to head back to the Hotel. Come on, and let's get walking."

I have to admit--for a man in his late thirties, Dr. Carter's kind of hot in this smokey atmosphere with the sunlight drifting in the entrance behind him. Yeah, it was time to go back alright. We thanked the man for the coffee and paid him as he smiled at us. Then we grabbed our things and fumbled out of the entrance. Once we came near the gate, the three of us unlocked arms and Alexis ran up to some girlfriends ahead.

"Kendra, can I talk to you for a second?" I didn't notice Dr. Carter behind me.

"Sure, no problem." I said, slowing down a bit till he was beside me.

"I wanted to make sure you're doing okay. I noticed you were a bit...apprehensive coming here, at first."

"I was. I mean, I've been dreaming about coming over here since I can remember, but you know how it is when the chance comes to actually do something like this. I was just nervous and, I'm ashamed to admit, a little scared. I just didn't know how people would feel and if we'd be welcome here after all that's happened the past few decades, you know?"

"Yeah, I know. But there's governments and leaders and politics, and then there's just people. People just go about their daily lives, living and working and paying bills and just trying to make it. It's important to recognize the difference between people and politics, and just appreciate a person just for who they are. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Mmmhmm." I began noticing the growing distance between us and the group. They were almost at the hotel now. Why do I feel like something's coming up that makes me kind of uncomfortable?

"Kendra, I want you to know, I see you now, as you are. You're one of the brightest students in my class. And you seem to fit in so well here, like you're right at home. Well, except for when packed into an overcrowded street in the marketplace. You don't like crowds, do you?" Oh my gods, has he been watching me that closely? What the hell, buddy?

"Uh... yeah. It's not that I don't like people or anything. I just get kind of overstimulated with so much happening in close quarters like that. Shouldn't we try to catch up?"

"They'll be alright. At this point, they're all just going to be at the Q Club or bouncing between rooms, gossiping about god-knows-what till they're either to tired or too drunk to stay awake. Let's enjoy the cool night air for a minute." Uhh, I don't think so Casanova. Time to make a quick exit.

"Yeah, no. Sorry Dr. Carter, but I've got a lot to do to get ready for tomorrow. We're going to the harbor, right? I've got to get everything organi..." The professor touched my upper arm and pulled me into the dim alley beside the Yamaha store and turned me to face him.

"Kendra, please. It's such a beautiful night. And you're beautiful. We're in the middle of an oasis, the sounds of beautiful music and life filling the night air. Can't you feel it?" Oh, I can feel it alright. Feels like misplaced bullshit to me.

"Look, Professor...I...." He didn't let me finish before leaning in to kiss me as he grabbed the inside of my thigh.

"What in the actual fuck?!" I heard Coop's voice bellowing from ahead. Dr. Carter stopped and pulled back in surprise as Coop ran between us. "What the fuck do you think you're doing, Dr. Carter? First, that's a student you're trying to hook up with, and second are you blind?! She's clearly uncomfortable with what's happening!"

"Coop....err, Brandon. Miss Reyes and I were just discussing tomorrow's agenda. Weren't we, Kendra? I apologize if it looked..." Did I just hear a growl? Or was that thunder?

"Bullshit! Don't hand me that 'it's not what it looks like' shit!" By this time, Coop was practically in the professor's face. "Look, I don't give a damn what you think you can get away with, but I..."

SLIT!!

Suddenly blood was spurting everywhere. Stumbling backwards, Coop tripped over themselves and landed with a crash on their back. Sitting up again, they wiped their eyes and was left with the sight of a gaping tear in Dr. Carter's throat. Blood was still pouring out of the wound as the gurgling noises accompanied his desperate attempts to cover the gash with his hands. He fell to his knees, reaching out to Coop in a final, frantic plea for help - but his open throat didn't give him a voice to make his pleas. He fell to the ground with a thud, his leg twitching as his nervous system shut down.

"Wha.....WHAT THE FUCK?!" Coop cried out in shock. I was frozen in disbelief. Suddenly we heard a rustling noise in the darkness down the dark alley where we came in from. Something was in the shadows. I couldn't make out a shape, but its deep growl was clearly a warning of approaching death. As I stared in silent fear, two glowing orbs opened and illuminated the silhouette of facial features I couldn't see well enough to make out. The glowing eyes began to bob as whatever it was slowly started striding toward us with a low growling noise.

"Kendra! RUN!" Coop got up and spun on their heel to me, and we both darted out of the alley and down the street. Wait, why the hell didn't we just go towards the hotel?! Shit, it was too late to turn back now. Coop was faster than me, but they were clearly making sure they stayed close behind me. We heard a horrible shrieking behind us--or was it coming from the the alley beside us? No....on the other side now. Fuck, it seems like this thing is everywhere!

"Kendra! Al Jazira!" I looked and he was pointing to the intersection where the Al Jazira hotel was. We could find safety there, and report Dr. Carter's murder as well. I nodded as I panted, trying to hide how winded I was and not slow down. Whatever it was, this thing was clearly able to catch up any time it wanted to. It was toying with us. Hedging us to wherever it wanted us to go. We were coming up to the corner of the Al Jazira hotel was, when I suddenly felt something hit me between my shoulders - hard. My sun dress tightened around me in the front and then I was in the air, Coop flailing their arms as they swung next to me.

Again that horrible screeching noise came from above my head. I couldn't turn my neck enough to get a look - not that I wanted to see it. But anything was better than the sight of the blurring lights and tiny, ant-like cars flashing before me as my helpless body was slung around rag doll style as we climbed high into the air. I was screaming my head off, trying to get whatever had me to let me back down to the ground. But before I knew it, the thing granted my wish in the rudest way possible. Without warning, I was dropped from the thing that held me and landed about a foot down onto cold stone with a thud, the momentum of my release rolling me to an eventual stop. Pain shot throughout my body in several places as I picked myself up. Fuck, that hurt!

I soon gathered my wits, and looked to Coop. They seemed okay, but were slowly rolling onto their side, gripping their pained hip. I looked around, and we were on the roof of a tall building. There was a church across the street, and a huge graveyard beyond that. We must have flown halfway across the city in a few minutes!

"Fuck!" Coop let out a painful shout. "What is happening?!"

"I don't know, but I..." Suddenly we heard a light thud in the dark in front of us. I looked up as the creature slowly crept toward us. As it stepped into the light, I saw one of the most entrancing women I've ever seen in my life. She was clearly Middle Eastern but had a light grayish-blue tint to her skin. Wings seemed to be retracting......no, melting into her back until they were gone entirely. She had gleaming jet-black hair streaming down her shoulders to her round breasts. Her eyes were glowing orange red, like coals of fire until they dimmed to deep, black voids. Glancing down, her powerful legs were magnificent; but beginning at just below the knees, they were different--as in, not human. They almost looked like a giant bird's legs with a very human bend at the knees, and with huge talons and razor-sharp claws where her feet should be. She was power and fear and death. She was fire and the night - entirely beautiful and entirely terrifying.

"What are you?" I asked, shakily, only to be met with silence and a cold stillness. Those eyes, whatever they were looking at, were blank and deep as the desert night. I was mesmerized; though I couldn't tell if it was fear, or something else. A loud bang and a flash of light put everything in sight and in mind to an abrupt halt. There must have been a wedding at the church. Thank the stars for the love of celebrations and fireworks! It distracted the creature. I nodded to Coop, and we darted away and around the roof to the stairs. Coop locked the door behind us. I wasn't sure if it would hold the creature out, but it was sure to buy us a little time at least.

"What the fuck was that?!" Coop yelled as we descended past floor after floor.

"No idea, but we can't stay in the stairwell. That thing is going to bust through that door any minute!" Up the stairwell, we could hear the crash of a loud banging against the roof door and the angry shrieks of the monster trying to break her way in. She let out a frustrated screech as we turned another corner of stairs. We got down to the fifth floor before making our way through and entering a wide, dark empty room of the abandoned building. It had clearly been abandoned for years. Half the windows were busted, and the walls were damaged and grimy. Suddenly there was a loud whooshing noise coming from the outside windows. Then again and again. The creature knew we were here and was again toying with us. Then that horrible screeching again.

"Phone! What the fuck am I thinking? I'll call the cops!" Coop pulled their phone from their pocket before their head suddenly popped up as a strange noise came from the room next to us.

"Wait here. I think I heard something in that room."

"No Coop! Don't you fucking abandon me!"

"Hey, hey...I'm not going to abandon you, Kendra. I.....I have to go and see. Just wait for me for a second."

"Coop!!"

"Just hang on a second. Don't you hear that?" They slowly started to make their way to the room. I hesitated for a minute before I started to follow them, creeping as quietly as I could. Then I saw it. The creature was just standing there, in the shadows of the room. Her face had a seductive stare aimed right towards Coop, her eyes again glowing red, and she varied between biting her bottom lip, licking the top one with the tip of her sultry tongue, and slightly opening her mouth. She was.... cooing? Her hips were slowly gyrating as she slowly moved both of her arms in a seductive sort of dance, beckoning Coop. Her voice carried like a whisper as she cooed and moaned toward Coop. And Coop just stood there, staring blankly as they slowly stepped in her direction. What the hell were they doing?!

"She's a goddess. Like nothing I've ever...."

"Coop! Snap out of it!" I ran to them, grabbed, and shook them. "Coop! What the hell?! Wake the fuck up!" Coop seemed to shake their head awake, and immediately they snapped into action. They grabbed a nearby plank of wood and ran to the creature. The creature avoided the swing of Coop's attack and grabbed their wrist and spun them around before putting them in a choke hold and lifting them off the ground.

"Rijal...." The creature growled in a tone that definitely wasn't human. I couldn't tell if it was a word or just the growl a lioness makes before it attacks its prey. In a moment the creature's head began to change. Her eyes went black, her nose melted into her face before the entire bottom half of her face protruded out to form a sort of stubby snout. Whiskers formed near her now tiger-like nose and her teeth grew huge and two saber-like fangs protruded out of her mandible. Her ears lifted and widened till they were near the top back of her head. Her Hair shrunk back into her head and fur grew in its place all over. She was a sort of half-bird, half saber-tooth lioness creature! She roared fiercely while Coop screamed, and their legs kicked furiously. Before Coop could react, she snapped her ferocious jaws around their head and powerfully snatched her sharp teeth until she bit through Coop's neck. Blood gushed and poured out of her jaws around Coop's head. With a sharp jerk of her powerful neck muscles, the creature ripped Coop's head off their body. Blood flew everywhere, while there was no sound apart from the gushing blood and the creatures satisfied snarl. Crimson blood jetted from the stump left behind on Coop's twitching corpse while it covered their jerking body as it poured down, and the creature dropped the carcass to the floor - the entire bulk still frantically convulsing as it sprayed blood onto the cold stone.

12