All Comments on 'Sucker Bets'

by ShelbyDawn57

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
Chr0nicBi0hazardChr0nicBi0hazardabout 1 month ago

I'm up too late, reading your latest, and damned if I don't have tears in my eyes when I get to the part where Miki's mom is helping her with her make-up. I'm still closeted around the majority of my family, including my mother. It makes me sad, because I'd love to share my wins with her, but she doesn't want to know, and doesn't want me to be anything other than her boy. Thanks for sharing your talent. The only critique is that Maggie became Grace during the last round of golf. Other than that, another good story, another happy ending!

jrrtolkien420jrrtolkien420about 1 month ago

Amazing story.

Loved the transformation to Miki. Dante well glad he got his ass kicked.

Great love story with just enough sexy time.

You just get better and better.

Thanks for sharing.

MelindaBanghiMelindaBanghiabout 1 month ago

shelby, your stories always make me cry for all the emotions you can convey. marvelous! Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Totally agree Dante deserved what he got. "Never underestimate a man in love with a baseball bat." Love that line. Also liked that Ricki and Victor were in this one. I loved Halftime, too. Please, please,. please keep writing.

LustyScribeLustyScribeabout 1 month ago

What a wonderful roller coaster of a love story! An excellent read; I'm glad you shared it! 5*

laurieg_tvlaurieg_tvabout 1 month ago

5 Stars! That was a great read. I love your stories!

dmallorddmallordabout 1 month ago

I rated this 5* yesterday and returned today to pen a note after some soul-searching. Your writing is excellent, and the evolution and changes in your MC progress so naturally. What I found a bit uncomfortable with is this is not a genre I normally read. Two years ago, I experienced a conversation with another Lit writer who encouraged me to expand my horizons. I realized I had been boxed into a singular frame of reference in reading preferences, so I took him up on that challenge. Your work has been one of those experiences for me. Sort of breaking the shell, so to speak.

Two days ago, I submitted my first attempt at writing a transgender & crossdresser story. I wish I had read this first. It would have greatly helped me to improve my writing.

Thanks for a good read.

xDarkAngel0xDarkAngel0about 1 month ago

I had another "oh no" moment, I hoped for an intervention, but it wasn't to be. You covered a lot of important points by including the violation of Miki- you are not to blame, consent, etc, but it was part of the story telling. I loved the baseball comment too: love is a very powerful thing. Sharing with family and friends without being considered a 'deviant' or worse is something many of us fear the most. Thank you. Luv Chloe x

4Leather4Leatherabout 1 month ago

Love the story, You just never know what could happen over a friendly bet of golf.

SexySenior56SexySenior56about 1 month ago

This was good, but easily could have been a 3 or 4 chapter series. More details on Mike’s transition at work. More on the relationship between Miki and Riki. How/when did Eddie and Ted make up? On the up side, you left it open for a next chapter.

FernVillaFernVillaabout 1 month ago

Excellent as usual 💕

Martin594Martin594about 1 month ago

I loved it, cute story. Glad it ended and didn't keep going on, and on, and on. You ended gracefully. Thank you.

DaymosDaymosabout 1 month ago

As always, a very good story. The initoql pace was fast, but not too fast. And the whole 'Dante ordeal' sounded and felt so real. Bonus points for it happening in the same world as 'Halftime'. It was nice meeting Ricki again and hearing she and Victor were doing OK. Can't wait for more shared-continuity stories. Keep up thr good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Another great story but the last chapter things seemed to get a little mixed up. Don’t know if you want edit or not.

LaceyboiLaceyboiabout 1 month ago

Truly beautiful, thank you x

firsttimewriterlongtimereaderfirsttimewriterlongtimereaderabout 1 month ago

No disappointment here! Great job. I took enjoyed the little crossover. I've always thought that was a fun device to reward loyal readers. Kind of like an Easter egg. Now you have me wondering, how hard would it be to golf with a pair of breast forms!?

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImagination28 days ago

A verrrry good story, excellently told.

Miki was extremely lucky with the rape scene. Timing like that doesn't only occur in fiction, but it's still rare. Even luckier was Ted's phone recording the assault. Kudos for writing it that way.

I loved the parents' reactions. This unfolded quickly for so many of these characters. Thank you for having so many of them be people of good character. Yeah, I'm a sucker for happy endings. Thanks for this.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userShelbyDawn57@ShelbyDawn57
Authors Notes: Lots going on right now. Wanted to give everyone a big heads up. The authors got together and challenged each other to write stories in exactly 750 words. Never one to back down from a fight, I wrote and submitted six. They span several categories; 2 Sci-Fi/Fa...