Suddenly A Succubus Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When Tessa finally left the shower, she found Amara laying down, lazily drawing shapes in the air with her flames. They switched places, and soon Amara was back to cursing her building's water heater.

-

Vee quickly tapped the door with her knuckles, then went back to nervously fiddling with the straps on her backpack. She looked up and down the hall, scared she might find someone watching her, and cursed herself under her breath. She had thought about placing tracking runes around the dorms, but in the excitement for her date, she hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Maybe I deserve this. I let my focus slip, I tried to give myself a sliver of a normal life, and now Nick is wrapped up in all this.

When Amara finally opened the door, Vee jumped forward, wrapping her arms tight around her friend. "I didn't know where else to go..." She mumbled into her friend's shirt.

Amara returned the hug, closing the door quickly. "Hey, is everything alright? I heard the date was... not the best time."

What do I say? Do I tell her about Nick, that he might be lost?

No.

I need to stay focused; I can't allow myself to get distracted. There's so much more at stake than just one person.

Vee took a deep breath, then pulled away from the hug. "It wasn't that bad, I just... I had to leave."

Amara grabbed her hands, holding them tight as she walked them both to the couch. Vee couldn't help but notice how warm Amara was, how nice it felt. "I know about the assholes at dinner, but is there something else? Something other than this mess with Derek?"

Vee set her backpack down, then joined Amara on the couch. "I guess you could say that. I've... got a lot going on right now, more than you know."

"Well, I'm not going anywhere. Talk to me, Vee."

"I wish I could, Amara, I really do, but I can't. Things are just so complicated, and I'm being pulled in so many different directions. When I was out with Nick, something clicked and... and I realized I can't do this right now."

Without saying anything, Amara pulled Vee in for another hug. She was so warm, so relaxing, Vee had to fight the temptation to fall asleep in her arms, to try and escape her life. Unfortunately, she knew that her problems followed her into her dreams, and there was only one way out of this prison.

"This may sound a little random, but has Nick been seeing anyone recently?"

"Like, dating? No, just you, it's all he can talk about."

"He hasn't hooked up with anyone at a party recently? Maybe within the last month or so?"

Amara paused, shifting uncomfortably in her seat before speaking. "N-nothing like that. He actually just told me he's been in a bit of a dry spell recently. Vee, what's really going on here?"

I wish I could tell you, Amara. You're such a great friend, I can see how worried you are, but there's nothing you can do to help me. If you haven't noticed anything different about Nick, then the Succubus must be doing something else. Maybe she's in his dreams?

Vee sighed, giving up her train of thought. She leaned against Amara, her friend's warmth washing over her. "It might be nothing, I don't know. I... I feel like I'm falling apart, Amara." Vee's body twitched slightly, tears threatening to form.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. I'm sorry things didn't work out with Nick, but that doesn't mean you have to give up. We've still got each other, right?"

The girls stayed quiet for a few minutes, holding each other. Despite her best efforts, Vee felt tears falling down her cheeks, and eventually she pulled back to avoid rubbing her tear-stained face on her friend.

"Do you still keep tissues in your bag?" Amara asked, holding Vee's face and brushing a tear away.

Vee nodded, sniffling as she curled into herself.

Amara zipped open her bag, reaching in to start digging around. Before she could get started, however, Vee heard a small shock, and watched as Amara flinched, pulling her hand back quickly. "Shit!"

"What's wrong?"

"Just a little shock! It's been pretty dry recently, I should actually get some lotion real quick." Amara jumped up, hurriedly walking to the bathroom. As she got up, her phone fell from her pocket.

That was odd. Why was she in such a rush?

Shrugging, Vee pulled her bag closer to look for the tissues herself. When she looked inside, however, she froze.

No.

She'd forgotten to take out her Enochian Texts.

No no no no.

The holy book was glowing, its magic recently activated.

That's not... that doesn't make any sense, how would she--

Her breathing quickened, her pulse racing as she started looking around the apartment.

She saw Amara's phone, its case blackened and warped. In the corner of the kitchen sat a fire extinguisher, clearly recently used. The walls were covered in scratches, and several portraits lay broken on the floor.

My nightmares started the night of the party. The party that Amara left early.

With Nick.

Vee heard the water in the bathroom running, she likely didn't have much more time alone. She zipped up her bag, her panicked thoughts racing, and she prayed she was wrong. As she tried to calm her breathing, she realized that her senses were no longer enhanced. In fact, they'd been mundane every time she'd visited Amara.

She swallowed nervously, starting the prayer to enhance them once again.

Please be wrong, please be wrong, please be wrong...

Divine energy flowed into her body, amplifying her senses, and Vee was immediately overwhelmed.

Amara's apartment reeked of sulfur.

She broke the spell, unable to withstand the overwhelming stench. The door to the bathroom opened, and Vee watched Amara walk back to the couch.

I can't let her know. I have to get out.

"Ah, much better." Amara paused, studying her face. "You alright? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"I... have to go." Vee stood, her body tense as she grabbed her backpack. She moved quickly to the door, fighting every urge to sprint from the building.

"Wait, what? Please, just talk to me!" Amara tried to catch up but paused in the doorway.

Vee was halfway down the hall when she stopped. The sun had already started setting, its absence covering the halls in shadows. When she turned back to look at Amara, she saw only a darkened silhouette, a vague suggestion of a person. Their eyes met, but Vee no longer saw the comforting gaze of a friend.

She only saw the glowing, amber eyes of a demon.

-

It was only a matter of time, right? The pieces are slowly falling into place for the end of this first arc, and it's a little surreal to think that I'm almost finished writing my very first book.

If you're enjoying Amara's story, you can help me out by Rating this chapter, adding it to your Favorites, and leaving a Comment! I'll admit, the comments are my favorite, I LOVE hearing what everyone is thinking about the story.

You can also follow me directly for notifications when I post new chapters or update my bio, and the latter is how I relay my posting schedule to all you lovely readers! Literotica also lets you send Feedback directly to me, so if you have thoughts that you'd rather not make public, that's the best way to do it!

Until next time! Nyx <3

12