Sugar and Spice Ch. 02

Story Info
Family stories told; tensions builds before July 4th.
13.7k words
4.8
6.6k
6

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 04/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racism, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

***

Part 6 - Security Review

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Friday, July 3d, from the rooftop of the building at the corner of Riverside and College, with City Hall in the background. "Civil Right leaders are calling for a boycott of all July 4th festivities in our Town & County!"

Bettina began: "Eldrick X. Weaver, who some say was defrauded of a victory in the last race for Mayor, has joined with Edgar Silas, the Democrat nominee for the Council seat held by Reginald B.F. Lewis, and Stacey Jacobs, who narrowly lost to Malinda Adams in a bid for Adams's Council seat, in calling for People of Color to boycott the Town & County Triathlon, Picnic, and Fireworks show tomorrow."

Bettina: "The Civil Rights leaders are calling for the boycott to show that America's Independence Day is a day commemorating White Nationalism and the values of the white slaveowners that founded the Nation. They are also calling for a rally at the 'Jasmine' nightclub, named after Jasmine Nix, who was murdered just as her album Power of Police was released, an anthem of protest of Police brutality against People of Color."

Bettina: "Additionally, civil rights leaders are calling for everyone to boycott the Town & County Triathlon, as the honorary Starter for the event is Lieutenant Governor Sharon Marshall, the Republican nominee for Governor. Social Justice groups consider Lieutenant Governor Marshall to be a White Nationalist like deeply unpopular Governor Val Jared, and demanded that Ms. Marshall be disinvited from attending the event. Town Mayor Daniel Allgood ignored those demands, saying the Ms. Marshall is welcome in our County on Saturday or any other day of the year."

Bettina: "And in a related story, the funeral of our colleague Lester Holder will be today at 2:00pm at Martin Luther King, Jr. Park. The funeral was originally to be at the A.M.E. Church, but the Paster of the Church, the Rev. Joseph E. Williams, refused to officiate at the ceremony, saying in a statement, quote: 'Lester Holder did not die a martyr for black causes, but as a common criminal associate of Jacquez Wilson, who sold filthy drugs to black children.', close quote. Edgar Silas blasted Dr. Williams's comment as 'insensitive to the plight of People of Color', but no other black leaders have come out and publicly condemned Dr. Williams."

Bettina: "The Police Union continues to call for the reinstatement of Sergeant McCombs, whose trial for attempted murder of an unarmed black man ended in a hung jury. However, the Union's calls for Commander Donald Troy to be fired for a separate grievance has met with strong pushback by Police Officers in the TCPD. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, showing MCD Lieutenant Jerome Davis saying ""The Police Union's call for Commander Troy to be fired is not shared by the vast majority of TCPD Officers. The TCPD is lucky to have leadership like Commander Troy, Chief Moynahan, and Sheriff Griswold. They have our backs. The Union only has the back of a corrupt white cop that showed racist hatred towards blacks."

SWAT Team Member Robert Kalsu. who was white, was also shown, saying "I don't know why our Police Union continues to whine about Commander Troy and call for his firing, when he is one of the best leaders we could possibly have. He has our backs and we know it, and we've told the Union that. For whatever reason, the Union continues to push a political agenda rather than serve the dues-paying Town & County Police Officers they are supposed to be representing."

Bettina said to Kalsu: "If the Union is not responding to its members, what can you do?"

Kalsu: "This State allows Union members to disallow automatic withdrawal of Union dues from our paychecks. If the Union persists in taking positions contrary to the best interests of the Officers of the TCPD, we will not only stop the automatic withdrawal, we will withhold paying any Union dues. Decertification of our Union is also an option for us."

Back to Bettina live: "And Police Officer Inga Gundottar, who was allegedly kidnapped and badly beaten by Jacquez Wilson and his associates, remains in critical condition at University Hospital. She is scheduled for another round of surgeries next week if her condition continues to improve. And now for Sports with Jeff Hull. Jeff!..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Who authorized Kalsu to speak on camera like that?" asked Chief Sean Moynahan as we drank coffee and watched the broadcast in the Chief's Conference Room.

"I did, Chief." I said, stepping up and taking responsibility. "I approved Jerome, too."

"So did I." said Cindy. "And I all but twisted Bettina's arm to include Jerome's comments." Actually, it had been Captain Damien Thompson's idea to include Jerome, since Jerome was black. But Cindy stepped up and took responsibility for it like the outstanding leader she was, in case the Chief didn't like what Jerome had done.

"I under-stannnnnd." drawled the Chief. "But we'll have further discussions lay-terrrrr on who should be talking to the Press."

"Chief," I said, "it is very possible that Kalsu might take on a role of leadership with regard to the Police Union, and what he's doing now is gaining him tremendous respect."

"No-tedddd." said the Chief. "As I said, we'll talk later."

"Give Bettina credit for showing that, too." Cindy said. "They are what they are, but Bettina and KXTC are worlds better than what they were before Penis Holder died and Burt West was kicked to the kerb. Wouldn't you agree, Don?" Her ice-blue eyes twinkled as she looked at me, and Tanya Muscone also had a gleam in her eyes. I just slowly turned my head and looked at them as if they'd fallen out of their trees.

"I did find it interesting that she reported on Dr. Williams's decision not to officiate Penis Holder's funeral." I eventually said.

"That one really rocked the Black Community." growled Sheriff Griswold. "I expected more condemnation of him than he got."

"Why did he do that?" asked Tanya.

I said "The reason he gave is valid: he really hates drug pushers selling dope to black kids, because he knows it keeps blacks down more than anything the politicians of either Party are doing. And to the Sheriff's question: Dr. Williams is still bitter about the primary election last May, and thinks it was rigged for Silas to steal the election from him. He's even considered endorsing the Republican candidate, Katina Jones, in that Council race." (Author's note: 'Eyes Only', Ch. 01, 03, for Katina's origins.)

Your Iron Crowbar: "And Edgar Silas bitterly hates Dr. Williams, as well, especially for refusing to concede the race and endorse him, Silas. Ergo, Silas's attack on Dr. Williams, while no one else wants to touch that live wire."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hello and welcome to Fox University Sunrise!" said Catrina Pierce at 8:00am. "I'm Catrina Pierce, and with me as always is Meredith Peller. Good morning, Meredith."

"Good morning, Catrina. Good morning, everyone. Here's what's in the news." said Meredith Peller. "The Police Union has come under heavy criticism from its own membership after the Union called for the firing of Commander Donald Troy over a grievance filed by a Patrolman weeks ago. The Union also has demanded that Sergeant McCombs, who allegedly attempted to shoot and kill an unarmed black man, be reinstated to the Police Force."

Catrina: "TCPD Chief Sean Moynahan has said many times that Sergeant McCombs will not be reinstated to the TCPD, and lawsuits by the Union were dismissed by Superior Court Judge Patrick R. Folsom. But the big story is that the Police rank-and-file has taken the rare step of publicly opposing their Union's positions regarding Commander Troy. Roll tape." Tape rolled, showing the same footage that KXTC had shown.

Meredith: "And in other news, local black politicians have called for boycotts of the Town & County Triathlon, Picnic, and Fireworks show, party due to Lieutenant Governor Sharon Marshall's expected campaign appearance at the start of the Triathlon race. They have called for rallies protesting July 4th as a day celebrating white slaveowners, and protesting Police brutality against People of Color."

Catrina: "Mayor Daniel Allgood refused demands by black politicians to disinvite Lieutenant Governor Marshall from Town & County festivities. And Fox Eight News has learned that Lieutenant Governor Marshall will visit TCPD Headquarters, to thank the TCPD and its leadership for standing firm against violent agitators and anarchists, and enforcing the Rule of Law..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"I never cease to be amazed." said Cindy Ross as we watched in my office to begin the Angels Meeting. "The same items discussed by two different newscasts, and they sound so completely different."

"Catering to specific audiences, they are." I said in my best Jedi Master Yoda grammar. "Unbiased, neither side is." Cindy nodded vigorously in agreement.

"So Sharon Marshall is coming here? To TCPD Headquarters?" Tanya asked.

"Yes." I said. "After the race starts, she'll be transported here. You'll be participating in the wheelchair race, Tanya, so you will miss her visit. And keep this under your hats, but part of her visit will be to 'quietly' consult with the Mayor, Our Sheriff and me on political campaign issues."

"How long is she staying up here?" Cindy asked. "Surely not all day?"

"And don't call me 'Shirley'." I said with a grin. "Seriously, she may or may not be here when the race ends, and if she's here she may or may not give out the medals to the winners. But no, she won't be here into the night. At least that's what I was told."

*CHIME!*

It was Tanya's Police iPhone. She checked the message, then read it aloud to us. I said "Okay, let's move this meeting to the Main Conference Room, invite the Chief in, and have the Precinct Captains and Lieutenants attend via videoconference..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Present in the Main Conference Room were Chief Moynahan, me, Commander Ross, Captains Muscone and Thompson, and Lieutenants Mary Milton, Rudistan, and Davis. On video monitors were Captains Hewitt and Abram, Lieutenant DeLong, and Sr. Sergeant McGhillie.

After initial greetings, the Chief turned the meeting over to Lt. Mary Milton. She said "The Intel Division has developed and confirmed information that at least one group of Agitators, led by Eldrick X. Weaver, are going to march and protest on the starting line of the Triathlon, to mess up Lieutenant Governor Marshall's appearance there. Our sources tell us that the Agitators intend to get violent if the Police intervene, and that Mayor Daniel Allgood will be targeted by them... and by that I mean they intend to bring him to physical harm."

Audible groans were heard in the Conference Room and through the videoconference speakers. The Chief quickly stepped in, and said "Commander Troy, what are the security arrangement for the Lieutenant Governor?"

"The State Capitol Police, the SBI, and the State Patrol are in charge of her security." I said. "The TCPD was not going to do much more than they normally do on July 4th: traffic and crowd control for the various races, the picnic and the fireworks show. The Mayor will be accompanying the Lieutenant Governor, and will be inside the State security detail's protection, as well as having Deputy Sheriffs assigned to him."

I continued: "One thing we were going to do that we don't normally do is to restrict general access to the starting area of the Triathlon. We were going to have security checkpoints like airports have, where people have to be screened and 'wanded' to get into what the State people call the 'green zone', where Lieutenant Governor Marshall will be."

"A large enough group of those slugs could overrun those checkpoints." said Captain Muscone. "I'm worried about the wheelchair racers... by definition, they will be wheelchair-bound and could be targeted by the thugs."

"And you would be their first target there." I replied.

"You'd think those slugs would've learned after the Block House blew up." Jerome Davis said, a tinge of anger in his voice. "I guess we'll have to teach 'em another lesson about respecting the law and the rights of all citizens."

"Strong letter to follow." said Mary Milton, meaning it humorously.

"I'm serious." said Jerome seriously. "These slugs are pissing me off."

"And that's one reason they're doing this." said Captain Thompson. "To piss us off... and hope we respond violently. It's the optics that are worrying me."

"And the optics for the Mayor and Loo-tenant Guv-nrrrr." drawled the Chief. "I'm sure they're hoping to force them to flee or have to be protected, and then the... what did you call it, Commander Troy... the Leftwing Looneyverse will start calling the Mayor 'Bunker Boy' (air quotes), and the Loo-tenant Guv-nrrr a coward."

"The same Leftwing Looneyverse that was calling country singer Kenny Rogers a racist for supporting Grassroots Conservative politicians." I replied. "We need to send those Haters back to the Center of the Leftwing Looneyverse... Wilmington, Delaware."

"I'll tell you what's pissing me off." Cindy said angrily "I know we had to spend the money, but the cost of those operations to put down the violent riots was steep... and Officers on duty tomorrow will get Holiday double time pay. I was hoping and thinking that the majority of our Officers could spend this July 4th holiday with their families, enjoying the festivities. But apparently these asshole agitators just won't give us even one day of peace, and now we're going to have to have the majority of the Force on duty, fully armored in the summer heat, and working these tense conditions."

"Strong letter to follow." I said, being the only person besides the Chief that had the rank... and the cojones... to say that to the Green Crowbar. And indeed, a green crowbar was waved in my general direction. Jerome joined in the laughter, which was good.

I continued: "But maybe we don't have to call up the entire Police Force. Have them keep their cellphones on them and turned on, but not on duty, where they'll just look like a military force... once again playing into the optics the Agitators want."

"Commander," said Captain Thompson, "if you're thinking about the Guardians of Justice M.C., it won't look good for the optics if a mostly-to-all-white Motorcycle Club engages the black Agitators, either."

"Ohhhh, I beg to differ." said Tanya fearlessly. "It would show the Left and their Media allies that people are tired of having their holidays and peaceful lives hijacked by violent protesters, and they're taking their streets and their holidays back."

"I have to a-greeee with Captain Thompson." said the Chief. "The Media would have a field day with that. They'd probably blame Governor Jared and Loo-tenant Governor Marsh-ull, and try to impeach Governor Jared a second time."

"Darn it, Chief." I said. "I hate it when you make too much sense like that." There were some polite chuckles at that.

"Why, thank yoooo, Mister Crowbarrr." said the Chief. "And since Commander Croyle is missing all the fun, what are your plans to handle this? And do we neeeed to warn Ms. Marshall? Should she cancel her plans to visit?"

I replied "Let me get with the State Patrol, SBI, and Capitol Police, and see how they want to handle it..."

Part 7 - Louisiana Security Review

8:00am local time. Teresa came out onto the back patio of the Belvedere house. Her aunt Clarissa was the only one at the table having breakfast.

"Good morning, Aunt Clarissa." Teresa said. "Where is everyone?"

"Good morning, Teresa. Have a seat here by me." said Clarissa. "Everyone else is still in bed. Maybe it's me getting old, but I like to enjoy the sunrises while I'm still here to enjoy them."

"Well, I hope you'll see many more." Teresa said as the butler Charles poured her a cup of coffee. "Todd will be down in a moment. He's sending out some emails to his company back home."

"Todd has the air of a carefree playboy," said Clarissa, "but he can't totally hide the fact that he has a brilliant mind and a good work ethic. And, of course, he's totally in love with you."

Teresa gave a smile at that, then said "So, while we're alone... what's the gossip on all my newfound relatives?"

Clarissa chuckled at that, then said "I'm sure you made many observations of your own last night. I saw your eyes going everywhere, analyzing everyone. That's what good Detectives do, of course. So I would imagine you could tell me as much about my family as I could tell you... except your mother, of course. I'm going to have Beatrice and Genie sit in with us as I tell you about your mother in her younger years."

"Sounds good." said Teresa. "So! If, perish forbid, something happened to you, what would happen to Beatrice and Genia?"

"I have trusts set up for them." said Clarissa. "Enough to send them to any college they wish to go, and if they graduate, they get the rest paid out to them. As to guardianship of them... that's a lot tougher. I have it in my will to ask Clara to take them in." Teresa noticed her aunt's eyes 'wander' to Teresa's eyes as she said that.

"What about Robert, though?" Teresa asked, knowing she and her aunt were thinking the same thing.

"I see you've made the proper observations and inferences." said Clarissa. "No, I don't like the way he looks at the girls. And he is definitely a philandering lech. But they're getting big enough to take care of themselves. And I know that Colin and Wendy won't be taking them in. For all their talk about caring about the Environment, there's not much room for caring about their family."

"And Jen?" Teresa asked casually, a bit too casually.

"I strongly suspect that once I'm gone, Jen will not be staying here any longer than she has to." said Clarissa, keeping her voice quiet. "Once she has her piece of the inheritance pie, she will go to California or Washington, D.C... where she will enjoy the weather climate as well as the political climate a lot more."

"I see." Teresa said. "Well, if worst came to worst, I'd be willing to take the girls in. But hopefully we won't have to worry about that until they're long past graduation, n'est pas?"

"You're using that incorrectly." said Clarissa. "But I agree with the sentiment."

"So, if I may ask in the spirit of 'professional interest'," Teresa said, "what are your security arrangements around here?"

Clarissa said "We have cameras covering the entire property outside, as well as fencing and motion detectors. I'm sure you've realized that Charles's duties extend to security, especially of the girls, and we also have a team of three people in the security room in the garage building. You'll see them on our trips today and tomorrow."

Teresa said "What about for all of you? I'm asking out of concern for Todd's security much more than my own. As the CEO of an avant-garde technical company, he could be a potential target for mischief-makers."

Clarissa said "I can understand that. As our security is based mostly around the girls, I'd suggest staying in a group with them. And speaking of young Todd, here he comes now. Good morning, Mr. Burke."