Sugar and Spice Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So Don had you follow us?" Teresa asked. "To watch over us?"

"No." said Benny Black, "Mariko-san and Nagamasa-san coordinated with Melina and me, and we came down on an FBI plane just in front of you. You almost saw us at the airport, and we've really had to be careful while we were watching you. Your boss has trained you well, Teresa."

"You have no idea." Teresa replied...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As the time for the fireworks show neared, Clan Troy met up with Clan Muscone: Jack, Tanya, Jennifer, Tiffany, and Pete. Also with them were the Barkers, with Frieda Franklin, Timmy Austin, Susie Haskins, and Davie Marsden. We found a spot at the south end of the Fairgrounds (the north end was where the Picnic was), spread our blankets, and sat down.

Tasha sat down right in front of me, and I wrapped my arms around her in a big bear hug as I kissed her on the temple of her head. She giggled uproariously at that. Then I put the red crowbar in her lap and said "Here, hold this.", which made her smile happily as she held it up.

*BOOM!*

The fireworks began, and (almost) all eyes were looking skyward as the colorful pyrotechnics filled the air, accompanied by patriotic music from the Town High Band. As usual, I made sure to glance around the Fairgrounds, as did Tanya and Jack Muscone. It was unfortunate, but it was what I signed up for when I joined the TCPD... to be ever vigilant on behalf of the Citizens of our little corner of that great nation called 'America'...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*BOOM!*

Everyone oohed and ahhed at the the fireworks going off as Teresa and Todd returned to the Clan Belvedere location. Jen Sakai did not quite hide her utter shock to see them coming up.

"Welcome back." said Clarissa. "I was worried I'd have to send a rescue party to find you."

"The stand with the drinks was closed." Teresa said, knowing Jen was listening intently. "So we wandered around and got some more food. My husband eats like there's no tomorrow." Todd grinned at that.

"I think he likes Cajun cooking." said Clarissa. "I'll have to give you a few recipes to make for him."

"I hope you have one for shrimp and grits." Teresa replied, not mentioning that she did not do very much of the cooking, and that there were reasons for that...

Part 13 - The Party Never Stops

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Monday, July 6th, from the rooftop of the building at Riverside and College, with City Hall in the background. "State Republicans hold a secret meeting during the July 4th festivities!"

Bettina began: "Channel Two News has learned that Lieutenant Governor Sharon Marshall, who is the Republican nominee for Governor to replace deeply unpopular Val Jared, organized a meeting with State and local Republicans after she officiated at the start of the Town & County Triathlon and also the Wheelchair Race."

Bettina: "Sources describe the meeting as a strategy session for Republican races and an attempt to create a consistent message for local and State candidates. These same sources confirmed that Police Commander Donald Troy attended the meeting, which was also attended by Sheriff Antonio Griswold and Mayor Daniel Allgood, who many believe stole the last Mayoral election from its rightful winner, Eldrick X. Weaver."

Bettina: "Mr. Weaver, who is running again for Mayor against Allgood, said that he believed using Police Headquarters for a meeting of a political Party was illegal, and was, quote, 'typical of the cowboy lawlessness of illegitimate Mayor Daniel Allgood', close quote. Sheriff Griswold responded to KXTC's request for response by saying that there is no law prohibiting a private or political meeting at a Police facility, and that if Democrats want equal time, he'll make the same room available for them."

Bettina: "In a related story, deeply unpopular Governor Val Jared was strongly condemned by civil rights groups for sending National Guard troops to our County, along with State Troopers, to crush peaceful demonstrations by Black Lives Matter protesters. The peaceful protesters were walking along Reservoir Road towards the Start Line of the Triathlon when they were surrounded, 'kettled', arrested, and held at County Jail over the weekend. State Representative Tasheeka Harris of Inner Midtown called for the State Legislature to be called into special session so that Jared could be impeached a second time."

Bettina: "In another incident at the Start Line for the Wheelchair Race, one racer alleged that he was threatened and intimidated by Police Commander Donald Troy after he complained about another racer being armed with a powerful handgun. An investigation by the State Patrol revealed that the armed racer was TCPD Captain Tanya Muscone, who has qualified with her service weapon and is permitted to carry arms as part of her Police duties."

Bettina: "The Black Community largely heeded the calls to boycott the Races, Picnic, and Fireworks show. They instead held a rally at MLK Park, which was peaceful. And across the State, peaceful demonstrators protested at the Republican Rally in Pottsville, which was attended by candidate for Lieutenant Governor Ruby Russell. The attendees moved their event inside, and there were no arrests made."

Bettina: "Going forward, Town & County Inspector General Horace S. Wellman, who is not running for re-election, is being pressured by the Police Union to convene a Board of Inquest against Commander Donald Troy. The Union says that Commander Troy assaulted Sergeant McCombs during an incident last month. Charges against Sergeant McCombs were dropped, and the Union is demanding the Police Department fire Commander Troy..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Bettina's really cleaned up things since Katherine Woodburn bought KXTC back." said Deputy Chief Cindy Ross as we drank coffee in the Chief's Conference Room. "Not even one (air quotes) 'Commander Troy did not respond to repeated requests for comment'."

"Were we watching the same broadcast?" replied Lt. Commander Teresa Croyle.

Yes, Teresa was back. She and Todd had left Sunday afternoon after a farewell lunch with the Belvedere family sans Jen Sakai, who'd told Clarissa that she had to go visit a sick friend... in Houston, Texas. Teresa had invited everyone to come up to visit her, especially at Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Beatrice, Eugenia, Clara, and Clarissa were enthusiastic. Colin and Wendy Esterson said out loud they didn't believe in Christmas, and that Christmas trees contributed to global climate disruption(!).

Teresa and Todd had arrived at City Airport that evening, and had given a ride home to Melina and Benny Black, who'd flown on the same flights with them.

"What do you mean?" Cindy queried, turning to look, at Teresa, who was to Cindy's left with the television monitor to their right on the far wall.

"She's still calling violent protests 'peaceful'." Teresa replied. "She's still repeating the lie that Daniel Allgood didn't legitimately win the Mayoral election. She's still 'using adjectives' (air quotes) to describe Governor Jared. She's trying to gin up an issue with the meeting held here at Headquarters, when there is nothing wrong with that. Shall I continue?"

"I'll continue." I said. "That demonstration in Pottsville was not peaceful, and the Establishment Republicans and their families had to be moved inside for physical protection. The Police over there made arrests, and the D.A. immediately dropped all the charges... or refused to file the charges, however you want to look at it... and demanded the agitators be released. So it's technically true the agitators weren't charged, but it wasn't peaceful in any way."

"To Ms. Ross's point, though," said Chief Sean Moynahan, "Bettina's re-port-innnng is not as viciously personal as KXTC used to beeeee, and she's just reporting what others said."

I replied: "Sure Chief, of course she's parsing her words carefully for what they believe is plausible deniability. But her report is still deeply partisan, disingenuous, is carefully designed to create false impressions, and in some places is outright dishonest."

Teresa changed the subject by saying "So what's up with Lady Ironside trying to shoot up the Wheelchair Races?" Captain Tanya P. Muscone rolled her eyes.

I was the one to respond: "I'm not sure that PCGW dirtbag was the one that complained to the State Patrol, but I did make sure he didn't have any thoughts of threatening or intimidating Tanya during the race. And if he wants to whine about me intimidating him? I guess he has that First Amendment right."

"And I appreciate you doing that." Tanya said to me. "I couldn't believe that State Trooper said that about you, though."

"That's why Jack Muscone and I are investigating him." I replied. "His words reminded me of Penis Holder trying to get me to do something."

Teresa said "I was surprised to hear there weren't more and worse protests, especially with Sharon Marshall up here."

"You may thank Our Sheriff for that." I said with a grin. ""The Haters were not expecting to see the National Guard there, ready to lay waste to them"

The Sheriff's mustaches twitched merrily, both at my praise of him, and of the success of his plan, as he said "A lot of those Guardsmen were in the City during the Ferguson Park riots, and they endured a lot of crap. They loved the chance to take the offensive and round up some of the bastards."

I said "And when they saw and realized that the National Guard and State Troopers were up here in force, the so-called rally at MLK Park curiously stayed peaceful."

"What I remember the most about the day," Tanya said, "is that at the fireworks show, Don handed his red crowbar to Tasha, and her little face lit up like it was Christmas. You may have yet another future Iron Crowbar on your hands, Don."

"Carole assures me that Tasha is destined for even greater things." I replied. "She won't say what, though."

"What could be greater than being the Iron Crowbar?" Tanya asked. Little did she nor any of us know...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hello and welcome." said Catrina Pierce at 8:00am from the Fox Eight studios. "I'm Catrina Pierce, and with me is Meredith Peller. Good morning, Meredith!"

"Good morning, Catrina." said Meredith. "Good morning everyone. Here's what's in the news. Governor Val Jared deployed National Guard soldiers and State Patrol Troopers to our Town & County after information developed that violent agitators were going to attack Lieutenant Governor Sharon Marshall at the Start Line of the Town & County Triathlon. The marchers were stopped on Reservoir Road and surrounded, and Police confiscated numerous weapons that were dropped by the protesters as they were surrounded."

Catrina: "Lieutenant Governor Marshall started the Triathlon race, which was won for the first time in several years by the Town & County Police Team. Joan Laurer and Daniel Patrick took the gold medals, while the University Army ROTC Team came in a close second." She also named the winners of the Wheelchair Races.

Meredith: "Though not scheduled to start the Wheelchair Race, Lieutenant Governor Marshall showed up there and started the racers off. Over two hundred people participated."

As the photo of Sharon Marshall and Tanya Muscone was shown, Meredith continued: "Lieutenant Governor Marshall praised Town & County Police Captain Tanya P. Muscone for organizing and growing the Wheelchair Race over the last few years. Captain Muscone was paralyzed in an assassination attempt several years ago, and has worked to inspire other paraplegics to achieve great things." (Author's note: 'Six Degrees', Ch. 01-02.)

Catrina: "And with Lieutenant Governor Marshall here in our County, she met with several local and State candidates for public office at Police Headquarters. Reached for comment, Ms. Marshall said that the meeting was to coordinate a consistent, positive message for all the Republican candidates, and that it was productive."

Meredith: "Democrats complained about the meeting location, but there is no law against it. Additionally, Police Commander Donald Troy was at that meeting, though he is not running for any public office. Reached for comment, he said that he attended at the request of Lieutenant Governor Marshall, but declined to say what was discussed at the meeting."

Catrina: "The Police Union continues to press for Commander Donald Troy to be fired over the incident involving Sergeant McCombs, and for McCombs to be reinstated to the Police Force. However, rank-and-file Police Officers are demanding the Union to whom they pay dues stop, quote, 'harassing' Commander Troy, and sources tell Fox Eight News that decertification of the Union is a possibility."

Meredith: "And tomorrow night the Town & County Council is expected to take up several measures, including the package submitted by Sheriff Griswold for the Public Safety Department's promotions and medals ceremonies coming up on August 1st. Candidate for Mayor Eldrick X. Weaver has called for protests against any Police medals or commendations made while, and I quote 'crushing the hopes of emancipation for People of Color'..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I expertly used the remote to turn off the monitor in my office, and turned to my three Angels sitting on the other side of my desk. I said "Well, Sharon Marshall is guaranteed to win, if she just keeps showing that photo with my Angel."

"Hear hear." said Teresa.

Tanya's eyes twinkled as she said: "She'll win if she listens to the advice you gave her in that meeting... whatever it was."

I said "I just told them to grow spines, and not to act like spineless dishrag Establishment Elitists. And I don't know if some of them can bring themselves to do that."

Cindy said as she got out of her chair: "If you're going to talk politics, I'm going back to my office."

"We're not. Sit back down, if you will." I said. Cindy sat back down, and I said "What's going on in the Chief's Police Department today?"

Tanya said "Jerome Davis and Father Romano aren't here. They're at the Hospital. Inga is being taken into surgery, if she's not in already."

"I thought that was scheduled for tomorrow." I said.

"They moved it up a day." Tanya said. "Didn't your wife tell you?"

"Er, no." I said. "Admittedly I was busy yesterday with... some Federal stuff."

Tanya said "Inga's been recovering well, and all the swelling and bruising is down, so they're going to go in and repair all the damage to her face, as well as some cleanup stuff."

I nodded. "I hope she does well. So, Teresa, how was your trip?"

"It was... interesting." said Teresa. "It's kind of weird, meeting a family I never knew I had---"

"Testify, sister!" said Cindy. "I still remember the day Don told me we were first cousins." (Author's note: 'Reichenbach', Ch. 05.)

"And that worked out well." Teresa said. "For me... I'm not so sure. I really liked my Aunt Clarissa... my mother's older sister. And I thought there would be a rapport with Jen Sakai, until... well, she might not be the most trustworthy of persons."

Teresa: "My cousin Colin and his wife Wendy... they're very... passionate people. If you ever piss me off, Don, I'm going to lock you in a room with them for five minutes and let them whine about Climate Change to you."

I grinned. "Make it ten minutes and I'll have them crying as I demolish their suppositions."

"I'm sorely tempted." said Teresa. "Anyway, my cousin Clara is nice enough, but she's married to a Louisiana State Senator, the poster child for Establishment Republicans, and I suspect he's well versed in the slime of Louisiana swamp politics."

"As they say," Tanya said, "you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your relatives."

"Tell me about it!" Cindy and I said at the same time. Red and green crowbars were then waved in each other's general directions at the same time, and everyone laughed.

"No, I'm glad I've met them." Teresa said. "Aunt Clarissa told me a lot about my mother, stuff I never knew and thought I'd never get the chance to know. And my cousins Beatrice and Genia, they'll carry on the family line... which I'm unable to do."

There was a brief moment of quiet, which I broke by saying "Okay, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, and I'm glad you're back. Hopefully we're past the worst of these agitators ginning up trouble."

"Think things will wind down nationally?" Tanya asked. "Or will they just move to another location now that they've been routed here multiple times?"

"They'll move to another location." I said. "But we won't hear about it as Election time nears, since the stories of unrest only helps Republicans... oh, you're going?"

Cindy had gotten up again, and this time did not stop. "I'll talk to you all later. I've got work to do..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some few minutes after the Angels Meeting ended, I called Teresa back into my office and I told her to bring her coffee cup. She did, and we filled our mugs before getting down to business.

"I heard about that attempt on Todd and you while you were in Louisiana, and the capture of those perps." I said. "And that's what I was working on yesterday. First of all, you did a great job protecting Todd and helping capture those slugs."

"This is how we do." Teresa replied. "By the way, are you the one that had Melina and Benny watch over us?"

"It wasn't me." I said. "What happened is that Mariko did Mariko things, and checked out your family behind Todd's back. She recognized Jen's former husband, Hideo Sakai, as a 'person of interest' to Japanese Intelligence. She notified her brother and her father, who contacted EAD Owen Lange. Lange contacted the Houston office of the FBI, and he also sent Melina and Benny down to watch over you."

"And he didn't contact you?" Teresa asked, obviously surprised.

"Not at first." I said. "And Mariko didn't tell Todd at first, either, which we'll talk about in a minute. I got wind of the situation when you and Todd texted me about Jen Sakai, as well as Colin and Wendy Esterson, and Robert Edwards. When I started peeking into it, the Feds saw it, and that's when Owen Lange contacted me and told me what was going on."

"By that time," I continued, "the FBI and Takaki Misaki's Japanese Intelligence were already seeing the opportunity to take out Jen Sakai's cell. All Americans, all white, none Chinese, but they were spies for the Chinese. And the Good Guys got most of those bad guys, too."

"But not Jen." Teresa said.

"They couldn't get enough for an arrest." I then took out my ink pen bug-killer and turned it on, then said quietly "And just between us and the crowbars... the perps 'broke', if you get my drift. Apparently it didn't take too much to break them, either. They sang like canaries, but never implicated Jen Sakai, and may never have known who she really was."

"Someone had to know who she was." Teresa said, telling me about what she and Todd had overheard Jen say in Japanese on her phone.

"She probably went through intermediaries, or she contacted her handler, who then arranged for the attempted kidnapping." I replied as I turned off the bug-killer, to preserve its battery "Anyway, Eduardo Escobar is getting a lot of props for taking out what may be a major Chinese spy ring in the Texas-Louisiana area. And they're watching Jen Sakai very closely."

Teresa asked "Are Colin and Wendy involved in any way? They're very Leftist, and I suspect they would be very sympathetic to the Communist government of China."

"Not that anyone can find." I replied. "They may be 'honest within their heresy', so to speak... except that when I started looking into them, I found some things. Did they tell you they are 'brokers' (air quotes) of carbon credits?" Teresa nodded in confirmation.