Summer Daze 01 - Story Background

Story Info
An introduction into how I met the love of my life.
1k words
3.48
8.5k
10
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the true story of my marriage to Summer, which has so far lasted fifty years, and has been an ever changing tale of love, sex, and emotion. We are writing this together, and it will be the only story we write, although it will (hopefully) have many parts, and take several months to complete. Personally, I always prefer to read stories that sound true. They may not be as exciting as fiction, but on the other hand, fiction can easily get unrealistic over time.

There is a moral to the story -- If you love each other, and can get jealousy and possessiveness out of your lives, you will be so much happier, and you will have a fantastic sex life.

Not that everything has been straightforward, by any means. We have struggled to accept things, but have always come through. Things sometimes need a push in the right direction, but that is what keeps things fresh and exciting. Fifty years on, no harm has come to anyone, and we have lots of memories to keep us going through old age.

To start off, we need a chapter of the background, boring, but necessary. We are based in the United Kingdom, and while we would love to be able to tell the full details, we have to change names, and leave out anything that would identify the exact people, places and events that occurred in the making of this story.

We start the story in 1973, when we were 18 years old. If you think about your local entertainment venues, and what events occur there, it will help you understand the types of shows we attended. Take a look at what is happening in your towns and cities. Upcoming events will include pop and rock groups, solo singers, bands, orchestras, comedians, magicians, plays, choirs, boxing, wrestling, darts, snooker, chat shows with retired sports stars, celebrities etc.

Before we met, Summer and I tried them all and both settled on one main type of entertainment, where we met.

The lead up, for me, was on seaside holidays with my grandparents, where they took me to different shows every night on the pier, or theaters. I experienced television shows being filmed, Summer variety shows, and lots of other events on the list. Later, at High School, I tagged along with some friends to our local venue, which was a large City Hall which attracted large events and sell out shows. On the fringes of the City, and nearby towns, there were smaller venues, hosting less well known artists, but these shows seemed more intimate and exciting.

From Summer's side, she started attending events with her mother and Grandfather. He was a respected keyboard player and backed famous singers on tours, at local venues, and even down to church halls. Summer eventually chose the type of entertainment she liked, one which she could attend alone.

I made a lot of friends, mainly slightly older people who traveled around different towns and cities. I really wanted a girlfriend to travel around with, and noticed a few young women who attended various shows but was way too shy to talk to any. I also noticed Summer, who looked way our of my league. Long, curly, dark auburn hair, always dressed so sexy, in the shortest skirts and dresses, high heels or long boots. I assumed that she was around 22 years old, but it turned out she was just slightly older than myself.

Growing up I had lots of friends of both sexes, but being "skinheads" and "Bovver Birds" became the norm, whereas I had long hair, and intended keeping it that way. There were a lot of unplanned pregnancies on the estate, and I saw how lives were ruined.

At Christmas I went on a long train journey with some older male friends to a special event at a seaside resort. We had to stay over. One of the guys I didn't know too well started talking about Summer, and he showed us a photo. It was the girl from my local City Hall, where he had met her with her mother. This guy was 40 years old. He looked and dressed like James Bond, but obviously had little experience of women. He bored us to death with talk of Summer and how her mother had invited him to stay over one night as his train home was canceled. He told us all of his love for Summer and how he was going to romance her, even though he lived in another City.

In the New Year it gave me a chance to say hello to Summer, although I still knew she was out of my league. I saw her sat in a corridor in our City Hall, down by the dressing rooms, and introduced myself. She said she had seen me around, and when I said I had met her "boyfriend", she had no idea who I was talking about, and then explained that he was her mother's idea of the perfect husband for her, and that she never intended having a boyfriend or getting married. Her mother had actually invited him to sleep in Summer's bed, and apparently, nothing had happened.

Summer saw I had bought a magazine, and asked if she could borrow it, and return it later in the evening. She asked my name and where I would be sitting, and true to her word, she found me and said she was getting a lift home with one of the celebrities on the show, and would see me next time.

Next time I saw Summer she came up me like I was an old friend and we stood chatting for ages. She was asking about a show she wanted to go to in a nearby town, I said I was going by bus, and she asked if she could meet me, we swapped phone numbers to arrange it.

And that is where we will end this introduction, and start the real story in the next chapter. Thanks for reading.