Summer Lawns Ch. 08 - Escape the War

Story Info
Sarah escapes the Civil war with time travel, and sex.
3.9k words
4.7
3.6k
1

Part 8 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 07/17/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zeff999
Zeff999
50 Followers

Sarah did not want to appear too keen and wondered if she should be late for the meeting in the Maze. So she deliberately hung around the garden waiting for a sign of Mr Sharp making his way there. It had been easier to escape the house than she had thought, for with all the confusion people had other worries and paid no attention to her slipping out.

When she saw the young officer making his way across the garden, she knew this was the moment. Waiting a few minutes for him to go through the old door into the Maze, Sarah followed.

They met with broad smiles and Sharp simply put out his arms to welcome Sarah in an embrace. With that, he held her firmly in his arms and kissed her with a passion she had never felt before. Something was stirring inside her, a warmth which welled up from deep inside and flushed through her body. Not the youthful excitement she had known before, but something stronger, and something far more dangerous. Sarah liked it!

Soon his hands were all over her, and although Sarah had little idea what part she was to play in all this, she simply responded. His buttocks felt good in the palms of her hands. She had looked at them often enough in his tight riding breeches and rewarded herself with her fingers kneading into his muscles. Sharp enjoyed this and began to feel for her breasts under the material of her dress. Slipping his hands inside her clothes, his fingers slid around the warm soft flesh of her breast.

This felt so good to Sarah she let out a small moan, which told the man he should go further. Reaching down he began to pull up the skirts of her dress, eagerly rubbing his hands along the line of her slender legs as they were revealed in full sight. Then he convinced her they should be lying on the cool grass to take the adventure further. This she did and helped him throwback her skirts to reveal her undergarments.

Now Sarah had never let any man see her most private under-clothes and paused, wondering what to do next. Sharp made her mind up for her, and sliding his hands up her thighs, found the tops of the garment and began pulling them down. To which Sarah responded by lifting her bottom off the grass so they could slip off with ease.

So there she was, letting a man look at her red rose for the first time. Sharp was almost panicking with pleasure now and could hardly pull his breaches off quick enough. When they were finally round his ankles, Sarah saw the weapon she had been told about so many times but longed to see. There it was, and she wanted to stop for a moment and examine it further.

She was struck with the shape of the weapon and how the manhandled it. She could hardly believe her eyes when Sharp pulled the velvet cover back to reveal the most wonderful glistening treasure she had ever seen. So perfectly formed, she could only wonder what it's real function could be.

"Do you still want to go on?" The young man was nervous now and afraid it might all come to a tragic end.

"You will have to show me what to do, I am so ignorant in these matters. Forgive me. May I touch it?" Sarah held out her hand, and Sharp guided her to hold it in her palm. Looking up from the weapon grasped in her hand, their eyes met and a broad smile crossed both their faces. "So warm and so soft, I never dreamt it would be so good. Show me what you do with it please?"

"Oh God Sarah, most maids would shy away before now, but you are truly wonderful."

Sharp could hardly wait to make contact with her red flower but knew he must take his time if it was all to go smoothly. So carefully he made his way between her legs and put the head of the weapon up against her own lips.

"I know it will hurt you miss, but believe me it is the only way."

"Will it hurt?" Sarah was anxious at this and lay back on the grass to wait what was coming next.

"Oh yes, but I will slide myself in a gently as I can, as I have no wish to be cruel."

Sharp held himself just above her body and pushed the head of the weapon gently against her sex. At first, this did not hurt her, but as she felt the head slide inside she understood what he had meant. But Sarah was determined to undergo this experience and was tired of being a young girl, always left out of life. She would stand the pain as long as she could.

"Is it hurting?" asked the man as he slid in further.

"Yes, but do not leave me as a girl, make me a woman."

Sarah found she could stand the pain if she grasped his arms tightly and gritted her teeth. Soon Sharp was deep inside her and she could feel the warmth of the weapon in her own body. Filling her up to let her know she was now part of someone else.

Then there was a sharp pain, she had only felt from the cut of a knife, and things got better. The man was fully inside her now and Sarah could even feel the hairs around his weapon on her skin. Just as she was wondering what came next he began to withdraw and she was overcome with the sensation of the weapon moving inside her.

Looking into her eyes, he let it be known that this action was to be the main part of the experience and moved slowly back and forth to let her feel it.

"Is this to your liking, I can stop if it is too painful for you?"

"No, go on with it."

Now Sharp settled down upon her and worked up a steady action, safe in the knowledge she would accept him, and allow his pleasure to come forth.

Sarah was feeling an even stranger sensation when the man began to pick up speed. He was thrusting the weapon with more vigour now and almost appeared in a trance-like state upon her. This went on a little more until a real change came over him and Sarah knew this was the moment all would be revealed.

She was beginning to feel as if something was about to happen when the blow struck. Sharp grunted like an animal and rammed the weapon into her. Sarah could feel something hot and liquid squirting inside her as the weapon slid back and forth with ease. Just as she felt a real breakthrough was upon them Sharp stopped and lifted himself up. The weapon was slid out and Sarah could see what had caused the sensation at the end.

As he sat back she looked at her red rose bowl and saw a trickle of white liquid, almost like egg white, dripping out of her. This was mixed with a small stream of blood, the result of the pain, she had no doubt.

"Well done, most maids panic when they see it. Don't worry it is the most natural of acts. Are you afraid Sarah?"

"No, I am in pain, but I am no fool and knew I had to undergo such an experience if I wanted to know." She sat up and threw back her skirts.

"Lay here for a while, until you get your strength. You are truly something special." Sharp pulled on his breeches and sat on the grass beside her.

"Is it always like this?"

"No, for I am a poor lover, you did not feel the rush like a mountain stream inside you? No, I thought not, but as I said, I am a poor lover."

"Not so. You showed me the secret that had alluded me for so long."

"Believe me, Miss Sarah, you should have felt something more wonderful than that. But it was your first taste of the forbidden fruit, after all."

"Then we should concentrate our efforts upon reaching this experience." Sarah wondered when they could start again, but did not feel strong enough to go through it all again that day.

"Surely, but Cromwell will not allow us enough time to experiment further. For I ride to the field of Naseby tomorrow, as we may do battle there. Our affair will have to wait." They both got to their feet and Sarah almost fainted with the sudden rush of blood, after so much pain.

Sharp held her and they looked into each other's eyes.

"Will we win this war, sir?"

"I am in doubt, although the forces of Parliament cannot hold all the Kingdom."

Sarah felt there was little point in trying to convince him to stay, knowing he was committed more to the army than their love. It was simply not to be, and although he had done her a wonderful service, she could not ask any more from him.

The troop rode out the next morning, but Sarah could not bring herself to watch them go. Something inside her told her that things would now happen for the worse.

Days passed with rumours gathered from passers-by, refugees from battles far to the South, but no real news of how the war was progressing. Then one day a man ran into the village from out of the woods.

"His majesty has been defeated at Naseby!" cried the local blacksmith as he raced through the village that morning.

"What news of our Army Mr Swayland?" Sarah hurried to the worried crowd which had grown around the man.

"Our armies Miss Sarah? They are all but defeated. Ruined and cast across the battlefield." His head hung low.

"Then we are ruined, surely?" Her mother held her family around her as they listened to the terrible news.

"God have mercy upon all our soul's mistress Soams. For the good Lord had delivered onto us this day a terrible ruin." The blacksmith looked around him at the dark faces, gripped with worry and fear.

"But are the wars not far off Mother? Are they not matters to be dealt with by people outside our parish?" Sarah looked at her mother.

"Daughter, Naseby is but a few days march from us. The armies of Parliament will be here soon enough. And the battles will be fought upon our field that is certain." Her mother looked around at the growing panic which appeared to be running through the village. "Swayland, where is my husband the Squire?"

"He rides out across the Fens Mrs Soams," replied the man nervously.

"Why has he done that?" she asked, alarmed.

"For since he has been given the local command of the Kings forces, it is now his responsibility to patrol the land. There was some talk of Parliament troops sighted, to which he had to give chase." Swayland could not look her in the eye as he gave the report.

"Then whilst the Squire is off hunting game, the village of Amptswyll is at risk? History will paint a fair picture of that! So when are we expecting his return?"

"He will hurry back once this news reaches him, Madam."

"I hope for all our sakes he does." She stopped herself and saw the worried faces of her children about her. With an effort, she changed her mood back to a forthright one and tried to inspire courage. "Not to worry, this will be a test of our strength, for we must play our part. This family has defended the village in generations past, and will surely do so again."

"Mother," said Sarah, "will we be caught up in the wars? Will, there be a battle fought in our very own Amptswyll?"

"Yes my daughter, we shall witness a terrible battle, I shall not lie to you. But we must keep God in our hearts and look to his holy Majesty the King. For we would sooner die than give up our sovereign kingdom to those Parliament dogs."

They were fine words to those who still gathered about her. But the sentiments were not shared by the people of Amptswyll, as they rushed about. Carts were loaded up with belongings, and whole families got ready to flee.

"Bill Tailor, why are you fleeing?" Mrs Soams asked one man, as he bundled a chest onto an already overloaded cart.

"I am not waiting to be cut down by those Roundhead devils." The man carried on loading the cart, oblivious to any pleas.

"Has not the Squire and his family stood by you in troubled times?"

"They were simple times of floods and snows. This is a man-made devil in the form of that beast Cromwell. We can not stand against him." With the cart straining under the weight, the Tailor family set off.

"Show your faith by standing with the people of this parish! I command you!" But her words were wasted on the fleeing rabble around her.

"You will do alright, your family always have done. It is the poor who will be suffering in these terrible times." Slowly with the rest of the Tailor family, they pulled the hand cart across the street.

"Where are you going? Do you not think that this war will follow you where ever you go?" Sarah called after them, not understanding why they would not stay.

"We will be travelling on the old North road, away from the fighting. If we have to, we can always hide in the Fens. This family has been doing that for many years. And if I were you, Miss Sarah, a pretty girl should not be staying to face the evil that men can do after a battle." They were lost in the throng of other families as they formed a mass exodus upon the Northern road, out of the village and across the Fenlands.

"All that stands between us and Cromwell's devils is the forest," said Swayland reflectively trying to think of a plan of defence. "The sooner they can find a path through that dark wood, the sooner they will be upon us."

"Then we must act," replied Mrs Soams. "What would the Squire wish of us?"

"To build defences around the village, I am sure of that."

"Then that is what we must do."

"We are farming folk Madam, we know nothing of fighting a professional army." Swayland was lost for words as he tried to show he was out of his depth on the matter.

"You are right Mr Sawland. My husband has fought in foreign wars with Prince Rupert, only he would know how to fortify the village against attack. But we must do our Christian duty. Everyone must come up to the Manor house. It has tall garden walls which can offer some defence." The thought of being able to offer some sort of plan for the village gave Mrs Soams more heart.

The Squire finally came riding in that mid-morning. He arrived amidst some considerable chaos, whipped up by the fear of an invading army.

"Sir where are Cromwell's devils? "asked Swayland as he opened the gate for the small band of horsemen.

"But a few hours away. They have cleared the forest and are upon the Amptswyll road. I shall take command of this place and try to make it ready for battle."

With that Squire, Soams ordered the men to build barricades and block the road the best they could. He had seen it done in foreign wars often enough but knew it would hold little effect against the war machine which was coming their way.

Inside the house, the women huddled with the children in the hall. Mrs Soams had done all she could to comfort the weeping; groaning mass, but now all there was left, was to meet the battle with courage.

"We have to talk." Squire Soams walked up to his wife and spoke sternly.

"Very well, I'll ask Sarah to take charge."

"It's about Sarah we have to talk." He turned and marched with his sword into their private chambers.

"What danger do we face?" His wife knew he would not lie to her at a time like this, and wanted to face the problem squarely.

"The enemy are in their thousands. They cut through the King's men, scattering all before them."

"Will they not fall back here to help defend us Father?" asked Sarah closing the door.

"The King's Army is no more. We are all that is left of an Army between the forest; the Fenland and the sea. We will be overrun and defeated, make no mistake. What we have to think about now, is what future this family faces." The man looked at the two women as they stood in the oak-panelled room, with the shouts of frightened people around them.

"Sarah it is time to reveal to you our family secret. It is one of greatness and honour. Even His Majesty the King, does not hold such a power." Her mother turned to the girl and held her hands.

"Mother you are frightening me more than the enemy. What is this terrible secret which you are trying to explain to me?" Sarah looked from one to the other, but could not understand what they were talking about.

"We must show her," said her father.

With that, they took four candles from a chest and placed them in the centre of the room.

"Are we going to pray?" Sarah asked.

"We are, but not to the God you have been worshipping in the village church these 22 years."

"What other Gods are there Father? Is that not a blasphemy?"

"Child you have much to learn and so very little time to absorb it in. You will find that there are many forms of God and his power. The church has but one of them, this is another." Her Father placed the candles on the floor and began to pour salt in a wide circle around them.

"Now Sarah this is no religious act you will have ever seen before. Nor anyone else in the village, for it is known to only a few of us. It is a form of magic; an old way, known before the Christian church was ever built here." Her mother tried to explain in a friendly way, conscious of the frightening revelation this must bring.

"Mother this is Witchcraft! It is the black arts! The Holy Church has fought to rid itself of such evil, and here you are indulging it, in our greatest time of peril!" She could not believe what she was witnessing now.

"Child believe that this is the only way you will escape this terrible place and its terrible conclusion. With you lies the only line for our family and our Order. We had hoped to entrust these secrets to you when you were somewhat older, but time is not with us in this matter and I beg you to help." Her Father had finished preparing the floor and stood back.

"These are a very sacred text, Sarah." Her mother laid pieces of parchment around the growing circle. "They are words laid down to us from a much older time, before man himself existed. They are words of power from the angels, given unto us that we may use them when we feel the time is right."

"We feel this is such a time," added her father, taking a small wooden wand from the box. "All these instruments are but tools. Shallow things that only go to reinforce the mind. That is the key weapon here. For you can perform all these operations without them, even the circle, all you really need is the strength of your own imagination. Through this, you can contact a greater force within yourself."

"This is too much for me to bear my Father! Please do not ask me to take part in so obscene an act? For it goes against the grain of all I have been taught in our Holy Mother Church." She could not come to terms with the things she was witnessing now.

Just then they heard the boom of a cannon.

"They are already firing upon the village," said her father as he handed the girl a small wafer of bread.

"Now Sarah we know you have not the training nor the strength of mind to perform this magical act. Not as yet. But we have only the chance of saving one of our kind. With this piece of bread is contained a special drug which will help your mind to travel. Travel to places far beyond the reaches of mortals, to talk to the angels." Her mother handed her the piece of bread and urged her to place it in her mouth.

"Mother; Father; why cannot you and the rest of our family travel with me? Cannot we all escape this terrible hell?"

"No child, we only have the chance of one to escape. It would not be right if we all left this place, we have to think of bigger things than our own mortal wellbeing's. When you are older you will understand that there are sacrifices mortals have to make for the good of the Order. We are but small creatures." The man smiled, as the sound of the fighting rose outside.

"There is one small thing child before you go." He Mother took hold of Sarah's hand and removed the small ring from it. "You must leave your ring behind."

"Why so? Was this not the ring given to me by my Grandfather on his death bed?" Sarah did not understand why they were doing this and looked even more shocked.

"That is so," Her Father took the ring in his hand and placed it on the finger of his wife. "When they find us, they will steal this ring. So whom so ever receives such a prize, will be a man of substance. This is no ordinary ring Sarah, for it has been in our Magical Order for many years. Some say it came from the hand of Cleopatra herself, as it is a magical ring. In time you will learn such Magic which will enable you to find it. That is the way you will be able to discover its new owner in future times."

Zeff999
Zeff999
50 Followers
12