Summer Lightning

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In the end I slept on it, and when I woke I was absolutely sure of my answer. I had come here to hopefully broaden my sexual experience and if that meant sleeping with another woman for the first time, then yes, I was up for it. At least I wouldn't have to worry about getting pregnant and if I didn't like it, I wouldn't do it again. If I did, great - it would mean I had a bigger pond to go fishing in.

I was back in situ the next morning and I lingered over my coffee, but she did not come back. I went for a long walk then for the first time, I went to the Boathouse Brewpub, showed my ID and had a beer and a bowl of chilli. If any guy came on to me, I would be all over him like a rash.

Unfortunately for poor, horny little Summer, it was quiet and mainly inhabited by elderly couples on day trips. It seemed the demographic of the town didn't quite match home and I began to wonder if I had made the right decision.

I stayed for a second beer and walked home crestfallen that I would be alone again. Five nights in and my only meaningful exchange had been with an enigmatic girl with her hair in braids.

The next morning, I went for an early run, determined not to waste the lovely morning masturbating listlessly. It seemed I would have plenty of time for that the way things were going. Once showered, I went out onto the balcony and sat listening to the birds and watched the gentle flow of the river as my hair dried.

About twenty minutes in, I got that smell again. This time my line of vision into the terrace next door was blocked by the branches of the large tree growing in ours. I cursed the damned thing despite it being largely responsible for the wonderful birdsong. I went downstairs and crept out onto our terrace hoping to get a view of my new neighbor.

I heard her voice before I saw her and my heart almost stopped. She had only spoken to me briefly the day before, but I would recognise that voice again anywhere. Vapor blew up from behind a high-backed lawn chair and I heard her laugh.

"Yeah, it's perfect. Just what I need and so remote and discrete. I'll be up and running in no time, and hopefully the bucks will start pouring in."

There was a long pause as the person on the other end spoke. Then the woman I had seen in the café spoke again and I almost sank to my knees in panic at what she said.

"No, not got laid yet unfortunately. You know me though, won't take long. Not seen any suitable male candidates, but I did bump into a very cute girl Tuesday."

This time the pause was shorter and she went on.

"Yeah, she was outside the coffee shop on Dock Square, table right next to mine. What a fucking babe! A little younger than me, long blonde hair, perfect titties, sweet smile. Cute local accent. I vaped on her by mistake." There was a pause as she laughed. "Yeah, like it was a fucking mistake! Just needed to gauge her reaction and she took it well. Shit, Kai - I'd fuck her 'till she whistled Dixie given half a chance."

I listened on, stunned at what I heard. Part of me wanted to dive into the river, swim out to the sea and never stop until I got back home. Another part of me wanted to tell her I was right behind her, listening intently and to just fucking do it to me. Whatever she wanted, for however long it took.

Instead, I knelt behind my bush, waiting with bated breath for whatever came next as she listened to the person on the other end. Then came the kicker.

"Yeah, I'll head up to Dockside Grind in a while, see if I can catch her again. It was around ten o'clock Tuesday when I saw her. Caught sight of her yesterday about the same time. She was just leaving as I came outta the vape shop. Damned annoyed I missed her. Just hoping I get third time lucky."

There was another long pause. "Oh come on Kai, I can't just steam into every situation all guns blazing. Sometimes you need a stealthy approach. Softly softly, huh? You ever known Phoenix Lafayette to leave the battlefield defeated? No thought not. Later babes, gotta go fishing down the harbor and see what I can reel in. They say the local catch tastes real sweet!"

By that time, my knees were protesting and my mind was racing. Phoenix Lafayette? What kind of a name was that? More to the point, it appeared I was going into battle with her and she was pretty certain she was going to win.

OK, the game was on. I love a challenge. Always have and with parents like mine, every day was a challenge. If Phoenix Lafayette wanted a piece of Summer Olson, then she would get every last molecule of her. My mind was made up and once that happened, there was no going back. I was a stubborn little madam, and it had led me into some adventures over the years. This was just another adventure, but there would hopefully be sex at the end of it. A different kind of sex, but I'd at least get to find out what it felt like.

I crawled back into the condo and wondered what to wear. It was almost nine-thirty. I had thirty minutes to sort myself out and get up to the café, a ten minute walk away.

The choice was pretty easy. I didn't want to give too much away the first time. I dressed in an orange paisley top and black shorts, put on my favorite red bandana, plaited my hair in a rough ponytail, threw my day bag over my shoulder and set off for the café.

For once I hoped there would be no nice guys in there to distract me. Dockside Grind was about to become a battlefield and I didn't want any distractions. I knew in my heart that I was eventually going to fall on that battlefield and submit to Phoenix Lafayette.

But she was going to have to work her pretty little ass off to succeed. If I was going to go down a different road to the one I had walked before, I wasn't going to go easily. It was clear she thought I was going to be a pushover. When Phoenix Lafayette finally pushed me over, she'd have earned the right.

Thanks to my running, I can walk pretty fast and I made it to the café well before ten. I ordered an Americano and gazed out over the harbor trying not to think of what may unfold in the next few minutes.

Four -- Who Blinks First?

The town clock chimed for the appointed hour as my drink arrived. Just as the waitress set it down, I heard a soft voice from behind me. "Can you put that on my tab please." She ordered herself her iced thing again, but no muffin.

She sat down opposite me and I knew in that moment I had made the right decision. Her smile again lit up the morning, fine as it was. This close, her green eyes were like liquid crystals. She wore a black leather choker around her long, slender neck and I could now see that the lovely tattoo on her shoulder was actually a phoenix rising from the flames. Her forearms and wrists were adorned by copious bangles and bands and as well as her choker, there was a mass of beads and pendants hanging down around her neck.

She looked almost other-worldly and I had to remind myself I was going to play hard-to-get. I thought that playing hard-to-get was going to be hard in itself.

"Sorry, I had to dash the other day. A peace offering for my indiscretion." She held out a hand. "Phoenix."

Yeah, like I didn't know. I took it in mine wondering if I had the will to prolong this forthcoming battle. "No real need, no harm done but thanks anyway. I'm Summer. Nice to meet you, Phoenix. Pretty name."

"Thanks. Better than my real name but not as pretty as yours. Promise I won't vape today, Summer. Got a second name?"

"Last time I checked it was Olson."

"Blonde hair, fair skin, Nordic name. Scandinavian heritage?"

I was impressed. "Uh-huh. Swedish, way back."

"I'm a Lafayette. Family's outta New Orleans but I've lived in Boston the last five or so years. Just blew in a few days ago."

"Then welcome to Coldwater Bay, Phoenix. So what brings you here?"

Her coffee arrived and we waited until the waitress left. "Oh, just business. Setting up a web-based enterprise. All boring shit. Just need somewhere quiet and secluded so there's no distractions."

That didn't seem to correlate with what I had heard earlier. There was something intriguing going on here and obviously more to her than met the eye. I gave her a slightly more truthful version of the reason I was there, leaving out my thus-far thwarted plan of getting fucked into the middle of next week.

She took a sip of her coffee. "Sorry to hear you got shafted. Corporate bastards. So where's your folks' place then?"

She wasn't going to get to know the full story yet, so I became evasive. "Oh, just a condo a little way outta town. You?"

"Snap! I'm renting a condo too. Old couple passed and their daughter wanted a quick sale. A friend of mine is getting into property speculation so she bought it as an investment. I was looking for a change, and she offered to rent it out to me, so I got lucky!"

That explained something at least. I nodded. "Nice."

I didn't add that I knew where she lived and it was right next to my condo and I knew exactly the devious designs she had on me. We sat, shooting the breeze together for a few minutes and I gave her a little run down on the area and a few places worth a visit.

When I finished my coffee, she glanced at the empty cup. "Get you a refill?"

Every fibre of my being screamed, 'yes please!' At least every bit of me apart from the sector of my brain responsible for speech did. "Thanks, but I've got a waxing booked for ten-thirty."

She grimaced. "Ouch, brave girl! Well, since you're here for the duration, I'm sure we'll cross paths again."

I stood and thanked her once more. "Yeah, guess I'll be here most mornings. Kinda reminds me of my old place. Next one's on me!"

I walked away berating myself for my stubbornness. I didn't even know what a waxing entailed, never mind where I would get one done. To distract myself, I went for another run. I'd soon be Olympic standard at the rate I was going. I wondered what she was really doing in The Bay and began to wish that my breathing was heavy and my heart-rate was high because I was making out with her. That night, I imagined those green eyes burning into mine as we came together.

Why the fuck was I torturing myself like this? I could just walk next door, ring her bell, then let her ring my bells for as long as she wanted. Or hop over the fence between the terraces, rip her vape pen from her hand and pin her to the lounge chair. Of course, I did neither and it was two days later when I got to buy her a coffee.

Five -- Phoenix Rising

"How did the waxing go?"

She still wore her shiny leggings, which seemed to be her go-to look and that was fine by me. I often wore them myself though I had not packed any for the trip. This time they were joined by a tight, silky black top, off the shoulder and sleeveless. That allowed me to see that there was an exquisite Celtic Knot tattoo around her left upper arm and judging by the way her nipples strained against the tightness of her top, there was some metalwork involved there. This was getting harder by the minute.

I bluffed my way through a lie about my imaginary trip to the beauty parlor. I had scoped one out on my meanderings and at least could put a name to it if pushed. Once over the initial thrill at her appearance, I chilled a little and before I knew it we were finishing our second coffee and the town clock was chiming for eleven.

She glanced at her watch. "Shit, where did that hour go?"

I was as surprised as she was. The time had flown by and we chatted like old friends, despite the frisson I felt about being in her company and knowing what was likely to unfold soon. There had been no hint of anything she may have planned as we talked. Maybe she just liked the thrill of the chase.

"So, Summer -- any plans for the day? I've got a busy day tomorrow but I'm footloose and fancy free today. Wanna give me a guided tour of Coldwater Bay?"

This time I was not going to refuse. Again, the time flew by in her company and we got along like a house on fire as I showed her the admittedly limited delights of the town. As she seemed to like walking as much as I did, I took her up onto the coastal path that looked down on the small town as it nestled around the harbor. The sweep of Coldwater Bay headed off southwards into the early afternoon haze towards a very distant Cape Cod and the river meandered back inland towards the condos.

We stood at the viewing point getting our breath back from the short, steep ascent and she breathed in the beautiful clear air, her gorgeous breasts rising and falling as she did so. I was more than ever convinced she had bars or rings in there. Having long hankered for my own, I couldn't wait to see them and hopefully play with them. I half expected this to be the moment when she made her move -- just the two of us in this idyllic spot, but she just took in the view and shot a few pictures of it on her phone.

Arms held out to the side, she turned her face towards the sun. "Yeah I think I'm gonna like it here." Then she shot me a look, her voice suddenly very prim, proper and formal. "If I may make so bold, what age are you, Miss Summer Olson?"

I almost jumped for joy. Maddie, Cassie and I often conversed as though we were auditioning for a part in Little Women. The formal, stilted way of talking had helped us initially get over our slight embarrassment when discussing our latest conquests. We loved pretending we were innocent young ladies whilst boasting of our latest misadventures.

I jutted out my chin, put my hands on my hips and put on my best March sister voice. "I am twenty-one years old, Miss Phoenix Lafayette. Quite the young lady. May I ask as to why you enquire of me?"

"So you are of an age where you may imbibe alcoholic beverages. In a legal sense, I mean."

"I suppose I must be, yes."

"That is good to hear. I am twenty-four years old, so I too am of legal age. Care to join me in a refreshing beer, Miss Olson?"

The devil in me rose up. "I may be old enough, but I am tee-total, Miss Lafayette. The demon alcohol does not pass my lips."

The look of horror she gave me made me burst out laughing. "The fuck I am, come on -- the Boathouse beckons. The Amarillo IPA is to die for my dear, and don't get me started on the corn dogs."

"I'm vegan."

"Yeah, those iced full-fat coffees and double-choc muffins are like soooo fucking vegan!"

Laughing like schoolgirls we walked back down the trail arm in arm. I had been in the Boathouse twice now and they recognised me so I didn't need my ID. We sat outside on the terrace, sipping the wonderful IPA they brewed there. It was clear Phoenix liked it as much as I did. After a corn dog for me and a bowl of chilli for her, she opened her bag and pulled the vape pen up a couple of inches.

"Don't suppose?"

"Go ahead, no problem for me, as I said."

She thanked me and a little shiver ran through me as she let out a thin stream of vapor. Why did I find that so fucking sexy? She held up the pen. "You don't I take it?"

I shook my head. "One hit on a joint, illness ensued. Hated it, never again."

She gave me a rueful look. "Fuck, I wish." She was silent for a long time, then tapped her Phoenix tattoo. "Sorry, it's why that's there. My... resurrection." She fell silent and stared out across the river and out to sea.

"Wanna talk about it? If not, tell me to mind my own."

She took a big hit on her pen and blew it out over the harbor. She never turned back to me and her eyes misted over. "You were lucky you hated it, Summer. I fucking loved it. Too fucking much. Led to a lot of silly shit and all I'm gonna say is that crystal meth is fucking hard to get outta your life." She brought her arm up and kissed the phoenix. "It was long and it was hard, but... I reclaimed my life at nineteen. Came up here and settled in Boston with a new name and a new purpose."

"So why the move here then? A bit of a backwater after New Orleans and Boston."

"Yeah, I've lived in cities all my life. One of them nearly killed me. I love Boston, but I need some peace and quiet to get my new web thing off the ground. When my friend Mallory offered it, I snapped her hand off. It's close enough to Boston to hop back when I want and once I'm settled, I got plenty of friends to visit and appreciate the solitude."

This 'web thing' still jarred with me. "So just what exactly is it you do then?"

Again she looked a little uncomfortable and waved her hand almost dismissively. "Oh, techy stuff. Really is boring and I don't wanna send you to sleep."

Realising I wasn't going to get anything else out of her I touched her hand. "Good on you, Phoenix. Glad you got through it. There but for the grace, huh? I just got lucky I guess as I'm a bit of an addictive personality myself."

She suddenly perked up. "Ooh, come on -- do tell!"

To my horror, I became shy again. It wasn't something I usually spoke about other than to my surrogate March siblings. "Oh, you know -- certain... physical things. Part of the reason I came up here, but unfortunately nothing seems to be happening for me so far."

"Yeah, does seem a little quiet in that regard." She gripped my fingers and I liked the feel of her hand on mine. "No boyfriend, then?"

"No, I was too busy back in Rakes Point working my way through the passing trade. Don't seem to be many of 'em up here of the right age. So anyone special in your life?"

It appeared she was over the trauma of reliving her past, no matter how briefly. "No, like you I'm keeping things casual. As they say, 'why buy a book when you can join a library.'"

"Nice philosophy."

"Yeah, suits me for the time being. Another beer?"

We drank another IPA and I was now certain this was the moment. I would be spending the rest of the afternoon and evening at last finding out just what it was like to sleep with another woman. Then she let me down once more.

"Shoot, is that the time? I have so many calls to make this afternoon. I've had such a lovely day, Summer. We must do this again soon, yeah?"

I couldn't believe I felt so utterly disappointed. I was supposed to be the one playing hard to get, not Phoenix. I hoped my voice didn't show my disappointment. "Tomorrow?"

"Sorry, heading to Boston to pick up some stuff from my old place and I'll be back late. Maybe the day after?"

I told her that would be just great and as she left, she air-kissed me, her arm around my shoulders. It felt nice and I wanted more. I thought about another beer, but instead went back to Dockside Grind and had a macchiato. Then I went home, opened a bottle of wine and turned everything up to eleven, wishing Phoenix was there with me. By the time I was done it looked like I had wet the bed.

Six -- Gone Fishin'

The next day, I mooched about to no great effect, not able to concentrate on anything. I heard her car leave very early and wondered why she was driving all the way to Boston and back in a day. It was a long journey and I didn't envy her one little bit. I went into town and acquired a few new belongings, hoping I would be able to put them to good use very soon.

To my disappointment her car never returned and there was no sign of it the next morning. I hoped everything was ok but felt devastated that we would not be meeting for a coffee.

It was six-thirty that night when she arrived back. I was out on the balcony, root beer in hand and a nice chilli going on the hob. The deli in town had a great range of dried chillies and I now had a fine collection of habaneros, chipotles and a few others with which to keep my spice fixation sated. I had also baked a lovely crusty loaf earlier so the whole place smelled amazing. Some found it odd that I was such a good cook when most of my friends could burn water, but I had often helped out in the café kitchen and Gracie had taught me a lot.

I was about to go inside and grab something a little stronger when Phoenix emerged onto her terrace, her phone to her ear. It was a still, quiet evening and though I had to strain a little to hear the conversation over the gentle flow of the river, her voice carried up to me.