All Comments on 'Summer School'

by rhetthebrat

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

You have a gift for telling a story. This story is masterly done, drawing me in right through to the end. 5 stars

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

The joy of your first love!

5

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

5* Lovely. This really drew me in. You bring the two, differently awkward, students together so realistically - his crush, the uncertainty, the tentative slowness, the misunderstanding, the growing understanding and then their initially cautious connection. The angst of being 18. This is believable because it is so well written. Thank you.

FljimFljimover 1 year ago
Well done!

Two detailed and interesting characters finding each other. Enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautifully told story - I was sorry when I got to the end.....

woodwardwoodwardover 1 year ago

I'll bet a lot of people lived that life. Great story and well told.

amygdalaamygdalaover 1 year ago

Man nothing like that summer love ❤️.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 1 year ago

Cringeworthy awkwardness, so appropriately first time. Absolutely delightful. That made my day. Thank you very much.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

LoejtcLoejtcover 1 year ago

Exceptional dialogue. I felt like I could actually hear them. Broad character development with good intraspection. Each learning to see the other as they are, understanding each others motivations, biases, learning each others language of expressing themselves.

Truly enjoyed it. Could have kept on reading as they were drawn into each others psyche, explored their emotions, etc.

I would have enjoyed hearing them laugh, smile, giggle, joke, etc. A little lightness in their conversations would have rounded out their personalities. I would not have been disappointed if their first foray into physical love did not end in intercourse. Rather a slow progression over time of feeling comfortable with their love and exploring all the nooks and crannies of their sexuality prior to finally bonding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a sweet story, and so well written. Remarkable characters. Reading about Rodney felt like a casual, natural conversation with him, like I knew him. Wonderfully descriptive. I love stories that leave me smiling at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story! WWII ended the Depression, FDR's programs gave Americans hope & dignity, although as Governor of NY he campaigned on increasing government controls and interventions on giving Americans a helping hand, not creating a "dole". Those who came after did, create the dole and it has us where we are now as a result.

Cal59Cal59over 1 year ago

Five stars, thanks for your efforts, I’m off to check your back catalogue

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written with a language level above most. Theme was realistic..How many can identify with the experiences of both.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoyable summer love story! Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are a really gifted writer. Aside from the words pussy, cock etc this piece could have been used in a modern literature class of erogenous lit! I really enjoined your insightful analysis of what the characters were thinking and of course feeling.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTover 1 year ago

Wonderful Story, finally about 'the other half' of the Dating scene

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thoughtful and well written by an excellent storyteller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Wow!

The author is an incredible talent and this is an incredibly good story. I chanced on him a couple of days ago and have now read everything he’s contributed. I wish there were more and I look forward eagerly to whatever this original, insightful, and just plain smart writer comes up with. And he’s so refreshingly literate!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved the story, a follow up would be great!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Yes, we want more! You are an incredible talent as an author. Eagerly awaiting anything you want to share.

ggariousggarious11 months ago

A true Loving Wives story even if the weren’t married yet. Uplifting and enjoyable. A solid 5.

Looking forward to reading more of your work

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Two very smart souls swimming in life’s fishbowl. Nice written story of first time love.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft4 months ago

A lovely story with great dialogue. It’s very easy to relate to the yearning and awkwardness of both of the MCs. A fine story in its own right, but now that you’ve created these two fascinating characters, it would be great to read of their further adventures. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

5*- doesn't get better than this. Excellent entertaining story. (signed ML)

LanmandragonLanmandragon3 months ago

An amazing story with some very valuable insights and a wonderful "feel good" ending. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Beautifully insightful story about two young people finding first love. Very well written heartwarming story. I really enjoyed this one. BardnotBard

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous