All Comments on 'Summer Sunshine'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 151 Comments
UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 11 years ago
I'm a Fan, But I'll Pass On This One

Not enough intrigue to hold my interest...although I did read the whole story. Keep writing.

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
Long, slow and boring.

Other than that, it's great!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Like your work, But

I work, commute, have a yard, 2 dogs, 3 kids, nagging wife, and If it's not over in 4 pages .....forget it....you have talent but you are not War and Peace

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I have to say

that I hate the wife and she got off too damned easy.

oscar73oscar73over 11 years ago
Not bad not bad at all

It didn't have your usually flair of danger and excitement but was an excellent story. With the plot and character development you had a long build up that left the opening for at least two more stories. The daughter and the chubby friend have stories that could be told and you could put your spin on that. Great story and can't wait for the next one.

NorthGuy22NorthGuy22over 11 years ago
Apparently not the early consensus

but I really liked this one. It was one of Stang's pieces that start off like a normal LW but transition into more of a romance. Good to read a lighter and happier piece like this. And yes, it was longer. And no I do not have problem with that. It didn't drag and the extra pages served a purpose for developing the characters. A summer long story would have felt very crunched if it was packed into four pages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
ooh the kiddies are here already

Stang you owe me a kindle. I starting reading the story, but when I realized how long it was I saved it as a kindle file. My wife who doesn't like LW stories picked it up and read it. Now she's trying to read all of your other stories. I may never get my frigging kindle back. I agree that the story was really good and I loved most of the characters but you did let the wife slide. I'm sorry but the cheaters don't deserve to be happy. You actually turned her into a sort of hero at the end by having her let the husband go to his new woman instead of having him just leave her. I loved the comedic bits the cars and the Steve Martin sample, they're all Classic Stang bits. That kind of intricacy just can't be done in four pages and he did warn us that this was long people. Something else. I read your stories every week and whenever you do something light and friendly like this it usually means the next one will be crazy as hell. I'm afraid for next week already.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Your sense of humor is dull and skewed

after reading two pages of this cliched drivel I gave up. 2*

mikothebabymikothebabyover 11 years ago
I already found 2 mistakes I missed

So for those of you who bash me every week - I beat you to it. ROFLMAO

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
excellent

Your stories are almost always entertaining, I like the wife's pov in this one. Great job, as always

soulspicesoulspiceover 11 years ago
Another weak man who has no self-respect

It is not a sign of maturity to ignore a wife who repeatedly cheats on you, and then go to counseling with her even though you you love someone else. So many of the men in Stang stories have no character, they let women walk all over them and dictate their lives. First Clara and then Athena controlled Blake's sex life. Would like to see a Stang story where a man acts like a man - not a BTB story, just one with a man with some self-respect and backbone.

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
I loved this story to pieces...

It's not your usual bat shit crazy-psychotic-slut wife story, but I still loved every chapter, I loved the characters especially Selena & Athena. The slut wife was as delusional as all the other dirty gutter trash cheating slut wives, but she did something that was so unselfish & that didn't even fit her character--she let Blake go... It took her a minute to finally realize that her betrayal wasn't going to be as easily forgiven as she had hoped, Blake no longer loved her but was actually willing to go to counseling to salvage what once was a loving marriage, I don't think I would've been able to do that. The slut only thought of herself & her wants & needs, I hate when women cheats & use that stupid ass "I was bored excuse" or "you worked too much" like Selena told the cum slut she calls a mother--get a fucking job! Obtaining employment would've eliminated two of Clara the slut problems, 1.) she'd no longer have so much time on her hands where she can spread'em for other men, therefore by eliminating her "boredom" 2.) if she obtain employment Blake wouldn't have to work so hard, all she did was spend money she never contributed anything in the 20 year relationship, if she worked she could spend her own money therefore eliminating the need for blake to work harder & longer. Everything Blake did was for his family I didn't read anywhere in this story where this whore did anything that for her husband & child, they basically had a life that she wasn't a part of. I don't usually condone infidelity, I feel that if a spouse has broken numerous marriage vows especially for 3 fucking years, fuck keeping them around get rid of them, get rid of them before they bring you home AIDS, Blake opted to stay married even knowing how long she's been paying for sex--which by the way is fucking pathetic, I'm a chic & I'd never pay a guy to fuck me... Blake than decided to have one of his on after receiving the call from the PI, personally I don't blame him while he's been celibate for a year his slut wife been fucking it up weekly... I still feel he should've just dump the slut... But that's not what happened he fell in love this wasn't a cheap tawdry fling it was two people in love so like Selena I was actually very happy for Blake .this was an awesome story, it had romance, betrayal, blackmail & redemption... I don't believe a slut can change, so I don't know if Clara will finally learn to keep her twat shut but even sluts deserve some type of happiness...., I absolutely LOVED that it was 14 pages, it took me three hours to read ( I'm making dinner & getting ready to go out ) I savored it... I can't wait for next weeks... I don't know why Blake stayed after learning how long she's been slutting it up, but he's stronger than I am, if I found out my husband has been having multiple affairs for the past three years I'd kill him I wouldn't stay married to his cheating, so obviously Blake was hoping shed get it out of her system but sluts never learn... I hope next the next story is a BTB or something like your story "curiosity" this one as well as the last story was a bit tame... Still enjoyed them but sometimes I need a BTB story..

qhml1qhml1over 11 years ago
SS06 and the Coors, good combination

As always, I enjoy your stories. You don't have to knock them out of the park every time, a series of consistent base hits is always better. Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good Story

Awesome story. Very realistic. I just wish that the ex-wife hadn't remarried. She didn't deserve to. She could've stayed in Blake's life, and lived with him and athena. Anyway keep up the amazing work.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 11 years ago
Fourteen pages!

A bit short, felt hurried but I loved it. When she had her epiphany, I laughed. It was so unlikely unless you were going for the psychotic break angle. Cheaters should never prosper, unfortunately they usually do. The laws and the courts are set up that way and I liked that you do not sugar coat the ending. Everyone makes out like a bandit in this one. No one more so that Clara but that is life. I gave this *****.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Loved it!!

Wonderful introspections.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I'm glad you decided to do something a little different

but I have to agree with your editors - your characters are gross.

Clara - Cheating slut, no question. They're always sorry they did it and they always "still love their man". Just like... Athena.

Athena - Blake has basically switched from one cheating slut to another cheating slut by replacing Clara with Athena. There's no sense in that, no moral superiority. Athena has no respect for the sanctity of marriage, and like with Clara and Selena, popping out a baby isn't going to make her start respecting it. He'll be going down this road yet again in a few years.

Blake - His switch from raging hypocrite (bitching at Clara about her affair while he is simultaneously having his own) to someone who really believes his marriage can be saved with therapy made no sense. What the hell?

Selena - There is a certain class of "Loving Wife" story that revolves around the wife suddenly coming out of the closet and announcing to her husband that she is going to have an affair. This kind of idiot woman will insist that because she's telling him, it's not really cheating. So here, in this story, we have Selena parroting the same damn logic. Blake told Clara he's having an affair, so it's not really cheating. Selena will no doubt be cuckholding her own husband the same way.

Congratulations, you've created a family full of cheating sluts. Gross.

As always, high stars for the innovative and entertaining storytelling, but losing a point for the quality of your cast. This belongs in that painful category of story where a husband tries to rationalize his cheating by his wife doing it first. Having a woman (his daughter) parroting his thoughts doesn't make him honest, he's still cheating.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 11 years ago
I enjoyed this one a lot

I found the tone just right. A different twist from your usual writings and a mellower "feel" in this one, SS. Thanks for providing us with an excellent story.

JustForPostingJustForPostingover 11 years ago
Short attention span?

Well, fuck you.

I quit reading after the intro because it was goddamned insulting.

First, your writing is melodramatic.

Second, your fucking cutsie Mustang reference is for anal-compulsive dick-suckers.

Third, you vomit more words than are needed.

Quit sucking your own dick and write a decent fucking story. I've read Longhorn's stories, and they tend to go long, but they aren't as self-important as your drivel. Give me something worth reading, drop the goddamned I-have-a-Mustang, ain't-I-purty bullshit, and maybe you'll amount to something.

lokiloslokilosover 11 years ago
Great work as always

Why do I always get surprised every Thursday when you come out with a new story? You may miss a week but you're usually pretty consistent...just like your plots. Which I enjoy greatly, I usually know what I'm going to get when I read your work: witty quotes, Mustangs, and happy ending for the right people.

I loved the Steve Martin quote and the Batdance bit...just came right out of left field with that one.

Have to admit though, I only read halfway through before switched to something else for about half an hour or so...then I came back and read the rest. Just a comment to all those who say your stories are too long.

Great work as always and can't wait for your next story next Thursday!

cohibaIVcohibaIVover 11 years ago
Not much to say

Just wanted to say thank for another entertaining, well-written story. Interesting stuff with Clara, letting her develop both an awareness of what she had done and the character to be able do what was best for Blake. Cheers.

dinkymacdinkymacover 11 years ago
Thanks!

What a great story!! Glad you shared it.

fbs22fbs22over 11 years ago
Well

I thought it was good,and I'd like to see you write not just a btb story but hit her with a tactical nuke,total devastation story, thanks, Mustangs gotta love 'em

Mriceman1964Mriceman1964over 11 years ago
I liked it

All 14 pages . Sorry to disappoint you Stang , but i just can't find it in my heart to cry and bitch like some of the other posters are . LOL Thanks for the story .

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Really Liked

This story that took forever to read. How the hell can you produce these time after time?

A big thank you that the wife was not a retard, just someone who was adored and given too much Good that she found her heart at the end.

Love classical music, so the cello between the legs and the innuendos are familiar and experienced every concert season.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I see all the untalented assholes are out

justforcucking is mad because this reminds him of his whore, Undranotherdick is just as bad as some of the other anons. I kind agree with soulspice about the husband. But over all a nice story.

TXanyTXanyover 11 years ago
Better and better

Only a couple of idiot comments so far....they are funny! (not their comments...them!)...you did warn them it was long and suggest if they had a problem with long stories to just read it over three or four days, but nooo, they just had to quit reading and torch you.

Anyway, do they really rent such cars in Paris with gas so expensive and roads and parking so narrow? Hard to believe. I really liked your character development. Athena, Brenda and his daughter both seemed to blossom as the story went along, and his wife maintained the cold, self-absorbed clueless attitude she started with until the end. Nice job on that part of your writing.

Since others are asking for plots, it's time to bring back the mustang that is alive....

WyldMTWyldMTover 11 years ago
ONE OF YOUR BEST...!

This has to be one of the BEST stories you have written...! Keep up the great writing and I'll keep up the great reading.

To the naysayers...get a life...!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Bash Away if You Want

But many readers can allot only so much time for this diversion. That doesn't make us lesser persons. I put you and a few other long-winded writers in my favorites and will read this sort of story on some rainy day when time permits. Jon Taylor

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
As usual, another masterpiece to enjoy....

Thanks Stang!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well crafted

This is a well crafted story that develops good primary characters. Thank you for the read.

ipmwebipmwebover 11 years ago
Long is good

I have to agree with your observation on long stories. I would rather read it all at once than to try and find the three parts. Keep up the writing I always look forward to Wednesday when you seem to publish. Thank you for sharing with your fans.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thank You! Great Story!!!!!!!!!

And thank you for posting it all at once. The wait ruins many stories on LIT

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Loved it

Most of your stories I honestly have to skip around a bit as tehy get stale in spots, but this one seemed to have the perfect rhythm through out. Another amazing work. Seriously, some of these could be turned into full on Dramas or TV movies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Bravo!

Loved it. Long but thoroughly enjoyable read.

RedPillRedPillover 11 years ago
Well Done

As I got into the story I wondered what was going to happen to make it run so many pages, but you had enough twists and turns to keep it interesting and unpredictable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A home run.

I generally hate your stories, your characters and your insipid inclusion of Mustangs. However, while this story had them all, you made it work. Your characters were well developed, average people in some rough spots. I enjoyed all of them.

The only thing I disliked; but is probably quite realistic, is the wife's stupidity. It was always about her and what she wanted. Yet, Selena, who was just as bad, was commended as being a loving, dutiful daughter.

Nonetheless, I read this story twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you.

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

I think this is probably one of your best stories, but then again I have not read all of them. At times I could forget this was a StangStar story, but then every once in a while the humor would creep in. The scene where Clara realizes she loves her husband and then he puts a bit of reality in her face before leaving for Paris was one of the best scenes I have read in a long time. You did not go overboard with Clara declaring her undying love, she just mentally and belatedly came to that conclusion. Blake then gave her a reality check which was simple and to the point but set the tone for the rest of the story. The ending was nicely written and satisfying and you threw Clara a bone by finding her a new man. The daughter was perfect as a female clone of her dad.

The only thing that I found a bit of a reach was the vintage muscle cars in a Paris Hertz rental office. Now really, he obviously should have taken the Camero. In spite of that faux pas, I gave you five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Are we there yet?

The end...there is a God.

TizWinTizWinover 11 years ago
SS06 keeps the mid-week high point record perfect!

I have read all of your stories and am continually amazed by your prolific output. Your humor, and character development are outstanding. I look forward to the middle of the week just to read another of your wonderful stories, thanks for your work, talent, and of course your Mustangs!

beautyfishbeautyfishover 11 years ago
Best ever!

Stang, this was your best story ever! Three primary characters that were all interesting, and even Clara was not a complete caricature, the way a lot of your cheating wife characters have been lately. Loved the surprise ending. You know, when they are well written like this, they don't seem long at all. Nice job.

ValerionValerionover 11 years ago
You did it again!

This was one of your top five stories ever, if not your best. The only reason I log in anymore is to find out if you have posted anything lately. Hell, I have a hematology exam in 3 hours and I'm probably going to be screwed from lack of sleep but this story was worth it. Thank you and keep it coming.

zed0zed0over 11 years ago
Loved IT!!!

But Paris isn't very close to an ocean, which would make it a pretty long walk from the hotel.

Immigrent Song? Not Kasmir??? I think Kasmir really had some cello's in it.

But can cello's do power chords or sound like Robert Plant? I think not!

Maybe that nifty major scale walk up that the bass does during the chorus, now THAT could sound hot on a cello!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
thanks from a fan

I am one of those readers that never checks for grammar errors, I have never been one to pick up a book lol but you are in my humble opinion one of the good writers here on this site, some people may think it is too long but its not. What you and some of the other writers that I like have done is keep me intrested in reading it to the end. I never notice how long it took me to read it lol. Thanks for the stories. As always I look forward to seeing what new stories you come up with.

palfreynet2palfreynet2over 11 years ago
8/5 not 5/5

I think this needs an eight out of five not a five out of five!

Great work, enough clues and not a long drawn out finale!

palfreynet2palfreynet2over 11 years ago
Needs more Mustangs though!

The story needed more Mustangs though!

nwhalernwhalerover 11 years ago
Miscategorized as LW

Should have been in Romance

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
oh well....

so instead of going to my meeting this morning, i just sat at my desk and read this. you are a truly great writer, sadly the damage caused by me not attending the meeting may take some time to repair....

thefranzthefranzover 11 years ago
Just long enough

Another great story.

I don't think Clara's change of mind was unbelievable. SS06 has exposed her to a series of insights in regard to her own behaviour and her relations to her lover, her husband and her daughter which enabled her to understand the true state of her marriage and to act accordingly when the time was right. To cite (I think) HDK: there is no such thing as a slow epiphany!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
You have established a fan club.

While most of us will pass on your overly long, melodramatic, personal tributes, the same fifty or sixty commenters will read every story you post and then praise the hell out of it. The rest of us will simply skip the story. Your "views" may not be too high any more, but since only Stang lovers can endure your stories, the scores should remain pretty high. You are writing for a select group that likes this stuff and they will continue to say nice things after every story. That isn't a bad thing, but it is limiting. Your editor is a nut. Her mistakes are numerous and frequent. She has no idea how to punctuate. Then she makes a comment cackling about a couple mistakes? She is clueless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
No writer appeals to all readers

To tell the author he/she has a following is, in fact, a compliment.

I and most of the authors here respect the fact that we do not appeal to all the readers. If we did our heads would get too swolen and we would then be stuck inside(or outside). You are entitled to your humble opinion, just like everyone else. Now, don't you feel unique?

Be glad you got what you paid for.

I will not use my screen name here because the trolls will "1 star bomb" me again. I had a dozen stories all with the red H and thay all dropped like a stone one day, after I wrote something like this.

It just goes to show you how wonderful some of the intellectuals on here are.

Keep up doing what you wish SS06, I will eventually get around to reading every one of your works.

ME

longrifle308longrifle308over 11 years ago
WRONG CATEGORY

ANY STORY LONGER THAN 5 OR 6 PAGES BELONGS IN THE BOOK LENGTH CATEGORY. THEREFORE I GAVE YOU ONLY A 1 STAR AND DID NOT READ IT.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 11 years ago
Wow! five-star

A little different from your usual fare, but this is an awesome piece of work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Solid story

I have no problem with the length of your stories. I did have a problem a few weeks ago when your entry got double posted so I thought I was settling in to a long story and got something half that length. When I go to other online story sites, I actually chose the longer ones. I have sat and read stories with 72 f'n chapters, so 14 pages is really nothing. I like the tale. I wish I could put out 4-14 pages a week of solid writing but I guess I'd rather read than write.

Don't get me wrong, I like the shorter stroke stories if that's what I'm looking for, but certain authors I expect something different from. I know if I see a DG Hear story that says Ch. 01, I will wait until I see the rest of the parts before starting it. I know if I'm feeling musical I'll read a Rehnquist story and catalog the musical references. If I want to feel frustrated by the characters I will read a Matt Moreau story. Comedy, I'll find a Harddaysnight story. Even JPB's myriad shorter pieces with their unpredictability and blue collar style snark have their place.

If people who dont even actually read the piece have the time to come to the comments section and shit on what you are doing in your own time for free for all of us, it says something about the priorities in THEIR life, not the quality of your writing. Sure, as a freelance editor I groan sometimes at the mechanics of the mistakes, but I read for enjoyment, not nit-pickery. Believe me when I say that people who actually get paid for a living for their writing make just as many mistakes.

So thank you StangStar for your cheesy Mustang references (I agree with the person who implied you needed to do a western with live mustangs) and your almost fairytale cliche'd big tittied smart girl saviors and for putting out quality work almost religiously every Thursday. You keep writing and I'll keep reading. I'll keep reading anyway, but its nice to have a SS06 story once a week to add to that reading.

Metheus in ME

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Longrifle308 is a jerk

Longrifle308 is arrogant to think that a story has to fit his preconceived notions to be worth reading. He probably can't shoot a rifle as well as he thinks he can, either.

As for your story, it is extraordinarily well-done, as are most of your efforts. I congratulate you on your skill as a writer. Incidentally, that has some meaning because I am a professional and published author and editor, myself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Always good but

I like longer stories, esp where drama is involved, but that's a lot of writing to tell a story you've told a hundred times before.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Good Story

But it was like chewing some very tough tasty meat.... It tired my eyes. Too many words for too little happening. I still gave it five stars but felt very tired.

LechemanLechemanover 11 years ago
Totally Agree!

Thinking about what you mentioned in the beginning about the story length and totally agree with you. I much prefer to read a story in one go. The problem with multiple parts is the constant waiting for each segment and then, having to re-engage with the storyline.

As for story, loved it!

And normally I do not comment about other reader's replies but I did derive amusement from Mr Uppercase comments - why shout when no-one can hear you!

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 11 years ago
Good Story

I enjoyed this story. However, it annoyed me that Blake would even consider taking his serial cheating slut wife back. I couldn't imagine being that indecisive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Do you get paid.....

I keep wondering if Ford and Apple pay you to bombard us with not so subtle ads for their garbage fucking products. I know in your dream world a mustang can fly and cure cancer, but in the real world I constantly eat the punks in their stangs for breakfast in my 69 chevy pick up.....slightly souped up 327. I whip a few of them then get in my tow truck and haul them to garages to be repaired cause they are junk! I like your stories but the glorification of trash like apple and ford get to be Puke inducing.

SLOgentSLOgentover 11 years ago
Good Job

With the exception of Selena I thought the characters were a bit overdrawn, but that does not detract from the overall excellence of the story. You had your groove on for this one, SS06.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I'm kind of sick

Of the Mustangs, we almost never saw any on the circle tracks and they folded up like the tin cans they are when we bounced them off the cement fence when one did show up.

But it's the droning on and on and on 14 PAGES?

Lord.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
account hacked

I think stang's account was hacked by Daniel Q Steele. Was waiting for Maitland to prosecute David K. :o)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
5 stars

Shifting the narrators and tenses was a little weird, but solid story, good insight into the women's thinking, and maybe the best thing you've written

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Another winner for the Mustang man!

It is a long story, but you are forgiven since it's also another good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
totally unbelievable

happy end for everyone ?

give me a break !

sorry you can do better

3 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It's funny

That Rehnquist and Steele have been mentioned here. Neither have

been heard from in quite a while. Stang you seem to be colleagues

of both since you've been allowed to borrow characters from each

of them. What are they up to? Have they run out of stories? This one

is great by the way, five stars. Keep writing like this and we may not

need them any more.

Alleykat86Alleykat86over 11 years ago
Okay I'm biased

But this is still a gr8 story dammit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Rehnquist/Steele

"That Rehnquist and Steele have been mentioned here. Neither have

been heard from in quite a while." [Anon]

I believe they know when to take a break and recharge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Maybe your best.

Simply put, I think this may be your best yet.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 11 years ago
A bit on the long side,

But I had a lot of sitting and waiting to do today so I was able to read it all. I found it hard to put down at times, other times felt like it dragged. Not sure I liked Clara being such a star at the end, but you did it well SS. As always I look forward to your next work. I hope to catch up on a couple of your recent longer pieces this Sunday on the plane.

oneof9oneof9over 11 years ago
Wow

This is a great story. It was long but it was great to get everyones head and see everyones thoughts. This is the first around I've read from you. I'm going to have to start reading others from you.

creammakercreammakerover 11 years ago
Love The Corrs connection

As soon as I saw the title I immediately thought of the song, but when I saw the line "a solo cello - outside a chorus" well I'm pleasantly surprised and delighted that you really made a story out of one of my favorite "Corrs" song!!!

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 11 years ago
Really Good!

Definitely on--or above--the quality of O.I.N.D. I loved the non-psycho wife theme and all the interactions. David K and Brenda were more of a diversion than anything else. However, they were necessary. Athena, Clara, and Blake stayed well within character, and, to one "Anonymous" commenter, Athena was NOT someone who would jump into another man's bed after the newness of her relationship with Blake wears off. I'd worry more about Clara & Edward. Anyway, I'll give you 5*, even though the story is worth more.

Yuri5Yuri5over 11 years ago
Athena was the best thing in the story

She was funny! I loved the jokes about pregnant women!

The rest of it just was a tad bit too much. The daughter is incredibly rude, the wife is a very shallow boring woman, and the woman's best friend (Brenda) is a complete loser. It feels to exaggerated, and like as if you're regurgitating past characters when you write about the wife and the daughter (maybe I'm just tired but you seem to always have daughters, rather than sons).

True, the wife would always be cheating, but if you changed the mannerisms and conversational tone it would do a whole lot more wonders I think. You write very well, and when it comes to the romantic part, I do absolutely love it, and I've been reading your loving wives stories since the beginning but I think that part is just burning out and you need to go at it from another angle, try something new and ... well, make the family seem lively like you usually do, but also a bit saner and not so repetitive.

All in all, I'd rate it 4/5 (OIND GILF and Billie Jean are what I'd rate as 5/5). You're one great author I always check every weekend to see if you've posted yet! Thanks for writing, have a good week! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The Babe Scores Again

Bottom of the 9th, two men out, trailing by 2 with the tieing runners on base, behind in the count and "CRACK" right over center field fence. Story while long kept my interest all the way through. Keep up the good work.

FD45FD45over 11 years ago
Since you like song references...

"Too Much, Too Little Too Late..."

Too Much: Clara...Clara...CLARA.

So Clara is an attractive woman around 48 years old. She has to PAY for sex from immigrants. Really? I mean...REALLY?

This woman, who is totally dependent on her LAVISH lifestyle upon her husband is regularly screwing around in an indiscreet fashion.

And, while poor as a churchmouse with her husband, she squirted out a kid and immediately passed it over to her husband, only being a bully to her. Nope no tender feelings. No cuddling with the baby. No taking her out for make up or dressing or any of these things. Because what the fuck's his name...BLAKE is willing to put up with this Stay At Home Mom not doing a damned thing for the house...like child rearing. Blake is an IDIOT!

Meanwhile, this guy who is supposedly working 12-14 hour shifts constantly particularly as a young punk has both the time and means to spoil his daughter thoroughly and attend EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HER SOCIAL ACTIVITES. But mom, who is a socialite whore, never ever does. Despite how the other hens will cluck about her neglect.

I didn't believe in this chick ONCE. I needed to see my eye doctor for the eye rolling.

Too Little: You put in a set up of this huge trigger event which made Clara think it was okay to stray. Some little mysterious easter egg...which never paid off. I kept waiting for counseling to dig that trigger up...but it never showed.

Brenda was a waste of space. Fat girls are SO full of friends that they can blatantly disrespect them, particularly over guys who humiliate them. I hope your inventory of this stock character runs out pretty damned soon. Made no sense. Had fewer redeeming features then CLARA (golf clap for the writing talent that necessitated)

I am not going to ding you on the morals thing. I've written too many times to give me flawed male characters.

Let's run down Blake: Rich. Handsome. Mustang Driver. Takes care of his daughter almost alone. Works 14 hours a day. Sexual Dynamo who makes his wife wet by just thinking about him. Graciously overlooks his wife's infidelities. Honored and beloved by every one who meets him. Is able to knock out an adversary like a Zen frigging master. BUT...he eventually fucks a hot young woman who climbs all over him AFTER three years of wife's infidelity. Hell of a flaw. (golf clap)

How many hours does this guy have in a day?

Selena: "Mr. Hooper, we need to order more bitchy, mom hating, dad loving daughters. Someone just used the last one..."

Too Late: Granted, I always knew that there was no way Blake and Athena weren't getting together. (Should the lack of tension go under 'too little'? Not sure...)

But you threw in that Hail Mary pass at the end to redeem the dumbest, least empathetic, self centered and shallow woman in this story (but not in your repertoire).

I actually LIKED that you threw Clara a bone and a touch of humanity. But that last touchdown doesn't win the game when you're that far behind.

I will give you credit. There weren't any 'trying to rape her so she gets dumped' scenes. I thought Brenda would go down that road. You almost had some intrigue with the plans of getting Donald Duck or whatever the fuck his name was getting his job back.

Hell, I'm sorry you missed the opportunity with the business records to have something interesting about embezzlement, potential murder and Athena actually being something besides a walking talking music playing vagina.

Credit: Blake and Athena did show some class in a) letting each other go and b) Blake put in a good faith effort to make his marriage work again (burnishing his halo)

But besides all that, it was a good story.

FD45FD45over 11 years ago

I can see now that Mrs. FD needs to refill my prescription.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Nasty

there is no way that the hot new young wife is gonna stay faithful to a guy that is old enough to be her dad as soon as the viagra stops working in ten years. it would be more plausible that they stay togethr for the rest of there lives if they were closer to the same age.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

if i m not wrong NEW WIFE wasn't having sex before she meet him. and had sex only two time before so why will she cheat i dont see any resone. it not like she is sex addicted

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
14 pages of Blah, Blah. Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.

That God it's over. Long, boring, and convoluted. It would be nice if at least half of the pages had something to do with the story.

You have a following, but they are mostly mindless individuals who love to grovel at your unworthy feet. You deserve each other.

Fighting41Fighting41over 11 years ago
He is Back

A storming return to form from SS06. To me this was your best story in a long time, it is a credit to you and Miko. Thank you both for sharing such a wonderful tale with us

cw159cw159over 11 years ago
Insult!

This may very well be one of, if not your best story. Well conceived and written. Also kudos on the editing side. I did like how Clara came out rewarded at the end. Yes she cheated but at the end of the marriage, she sacrificed to benefit the man she loves.

HOWEVER, you insulted the 1970 Dodge Challenger. Yes, it it's lines were not quite as clean as the 1970 Barracuda/Cuda models but to denigrate it by implying it was less attractive than a 1970 Camaro, much less implying that any Mustang is better looking is simply unacceptable. My seconds shall call on you Sir!

Despite your quite obvious lack of taste in automobiles, I did give the story 5 stars.

zcapzcapover 11 years ago

I don't tend to comment, but I have always been a fan of your stories. This story is your best yet, I really enjoyed it.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 11 years ago
So fine!

I don't often read stories that are this long, but since you wrote this one I decided to read it. I'm glad I did. Well crafted, smooth and put together with care. I enjoyed every page.

Today is the first day of Fall. Summer is over. I look forward to your Writing about Fall.

FD45FD45over 11 years ago
Just don't write about October again

My personal opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Ehhhh,

Definitely not one of your better efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Woah that was long...lol

That had to be one of the longest storys I have read on this site....but as usual...Stang did not disapoint me....I have read just about all of your storys and look forward to each new one....thanks for entertaining me ...

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 11 years ago
Worst story you have ever posted.......

It took me days to read this because I would go to sleep in front of the monitor. I would say that you may have found a cure for insomnia.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
ONCE AGAIN

You've done it

outstanding

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
"The only man in my life now is you"

This "one" statement explains WHY so many of us absolutely despise unfaithful wives ....... WHAT A SELFISH BITCH!!!!!!!! Stang you let her off way to easy ... not even close to one of your best ... sorry!

RedbeakRedbeakover 11 years ago
Ending needed more work.

The characters in this piece were more rounded and convincing than they often are in your work. The story started very well and I didn't mind the long, slow pace because this allowed you to go into character and plot with more depth. But I have to say that I found the ending contrived and shallow - a real let-down after the quality of the preceding pages.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
I love how you polarize people -

This worked for me - if it had been 3 chapters some would have been less negative - but you did warn them.

So I liked the way you built it - Blake was more "normal" than most of your good husbands - once he was betrayed and confronted her he was willing to do for himself rather then wait for the legal work to at least start. So he got some summer fun in -

Well organized - the perspective switches seemed reasonable and logical without rehashing to much detail, nice work thanks -

silver_fox0092silver_fox0092over 11 years ago
another good piece

You know, SS, if unfaithful people (because men can do it too) read as many of your stories as I have, maybe (just maybe) the divorce rate wouldn't be so high. Good work.

fanfarefanfareover 11 years ago
shock & awe

I am shocked! Shocked I tell you!

That characters in a Loving Wives story actually talk and act like adults.

So, who knew it was possible?

Now if all the anonymousies could ever grow up or at least try to pretend they might become capable of a mature thought.

Also I had to mention the 'Strang obsession. This in his stories always brings up fond memories. My wife loved her Porsche Yellow Mustang with the Cleveland engine. Damn, that woman could drive like nobody's business.

pumpop201pumpop201about 11 years ago
Another great story.

I really envy your writing talent.

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
Wow! What a story....Win win win!!!

The author found characters that could find redemption, at least the main four. Clara was the devil and the heroine of this story and grew to find a higher purpose and maturity beyond herself. The story could use an epilogue simply because I am so enthralled with the characters and the story. Thank you Stangstar06!!!

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
Donk!

How the hell did I miss this one?

Awesome tale!!!

Thx!

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Damn Near the Best

Exceptional characters, plot, and denouement. Favorite.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous