All Comments on 'Sunset Over Cairo'

by Alexis Haines

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
wishfulthinkingwishfulthinkingalmost 19 years ago
Wonderful!

I really think you have captured the time, the stuffiness, the hidden uncertainty and complexity. Congrats!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
most interesting

this is an excellent story. Some of the historical notes are a little out: for example Allenby followed Lord Cromer's policy of protecting fellahin against the landlords and businessmen (one of the things that led to resentment of the British by the well off in Eygpt see for Example ch 5 pf Lord Lloyd and the Decline of the British Empire)(pray allow a history buff to indulge himself). But very well written and the cultural notes (e g the English woman's foolishness in wearing clothes that are offensive to muslims ) are spot on. You should be writing for publication.

I will be reading all your stories and hope to see many more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A breathtakingly accomplished composition!

I would expect to read this on the NYTimes Bestseller List, not in Literotica. Get thyself to a publisher! And fast!

westerntigerwesterntiger7 months ago

Very well written story! Thank you. The imagery and description of the city and the time were excellent.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous