All Comments on 'Sunshine Cures All Ills Ch. 03'

by wieliczka

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
My only quibble

There are no rules that every story must end with a happy ending like this one. Essentially, you just moved the 'mouse' from one man to another just when she was starting to understand who she truly was. It would have worked just as well if you'd simply given her her freedom to roar.

Still, I enjoyed the story. Five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very nice.

A good story, well told.

Sidney43Sidney43over 8 years ago

Very well written story. While I agree that every story does not have to have a happy ending with all the loose ends tied up, it is nice to read one every once in a while. Love has a bad habit of blinding a person to another persons bad side. A good dose of reality "sometimes" cures that, but not always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

And she goes from a cheater to a typically corrupt 'thin blue line' cop, who protects other cops and their families from the same crimes he'd arrest regular folk for, and is happy about how it'll help his career advancement.

That's totally going to go well.

wieliczkawieliczkaover 8 years agoAuthor
I wish to disagree with a comment

She is not setting herself up to be emotionally abused again. She started by teasing him that he was pathetic. He is teasing her right back with the mouse line. Not only is it with out malice, but it is a sign of healthy interaction for those two. No sacred cows were slaughtered. Their relationship is going forward. She is not the mouse. And will never be again. He knows that. She just proved it. I guess I could have made it a bit more clear. I wasn't sure about how direct I should be. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
a real good story

payback is a bitch

C_frommnC_frommnover 8 years ago
Mark = Stupid

Love the story. and the fact that all 4 of the fab 4 were taken down.

esp. the drug king who was messing with the chiefs daughter. No easy time for him in jail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Polska

Loved the Chi Town references. The Duck Blood's soup cracked me up. The White Eagle for ever. You know those fat old polish broads would cut off the duck's head and place the body between their thighs and squeeze it the duck till the drippings ran into pail until the pail was full of hot blood. Then add raisins and cook it down. The next step was to add wild mushrooms and a silver dollar. If the silver dollar became green then they would eat the czarina without the deadly mushrooms. St Stanizlius women rule

LVGirlLVGirlover 8 years ago
Excellent!

Loved the story. You don't mention an editor, but it appears you don't need one - very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
No one with an IQ of 10 in this mess.

That last punch Jeff delivered? Gets him jail time. You ever hear of assault and battery? Since Mark didn't physically start a fight Jeff's going to jail and Mark's going to be laughing all the way to the bank. Lots of scumbag lawyers willing to take his Civil lawsuit against Jeff for a piece of the pie. Mark's hand on the uncomplaining girlfriend doesn't mean squat. Not only will Jeff be in jail, but he'll be paying out some serious cash. Silly story about dumb people. Thoroughly unlikeable characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good Story.

I liked it. Four stars.

Two observations:

1. Not sure why Wendy would agree to move in with Mark. May be no hope of getting back with her trucker boyfriend, but if she "done him wrong" that makes it even worse. How remorseful is that? Besides, it could still be the boyfriend's kid, even if the probability is low. Better off she move in with a friend or any female or stayed put for now.

2. You fell into the trap so many other writers do. They limit the world to the characters in the story they previously introduced. So our heroine ends up hooking up with good male cop Paul. The world is a much bigger place than that. Isn't it enough he helped save her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thanks for the effort. The ethnicity schtick is kind of cloying, but I have experienced Polish pride.

Hope your next effort does as well. Thanks for your time.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 8 years ago
nicely done

the haters are only mad because she didn't turn in some slut and went in and got gangbanged by his friends to get even. I liked the way she got even and showed strength in realizing he was a moron and couldn't trust him to save his own life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
My 2 Cents

Maybe arrested maybe not, could get a warning he did have provocation. Civil action even less likely. Mark had no cash and very limited prospects no lawyer would take the case and hope to paid years in the future. Such a judgment could be discharged in bankruptcy

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I especially enjoyed the multi-cultural elements of this otherwise......

...enjoyable story.

I think everyone grows up knowing an immature, narcissistic, self-centered, arrogant, asshole. I did, if you can't tell.....

In my experience, they almost always end up screwing up several lives, before crashing violently, spectacularly.

This one was part of a whole family of them. Fucked and knocked up his secretary, his family supported and abetted him in his 'quicky' divorce, his new 'ex' later married her childhood sweetheart and found happiness, the secretary's new ex-husband gathered a few friends and rained several hundred pounds of ass-whoop down on his unfortunate head. He lost his job, went to jail when caught defrauding his former employer of goods and money in a shell game. He got hard time and got a shiv in the kidney for pissing of the big dog in the yard. His former secretary lost the baby in a cat fight in a bar and took to hooking to survive. He had to move across the country to begin to rebuild. It seems things didn't go well there either. It seems his reputation preceded him.

See, when enough people stop making allowances for the vain and arrogant, things begin to go badly for them. Sadly, they almost never learn....having been catered to for so long, and supported by other arrogant assholes, they develop a sense of entitlement....which is eventually the source of their utter collapse.

There are those that make it through life intact in this life-model. Too bad they weren't set straight, but there you go.

patilliepatillieover 8 years ago
Different, with the Polish twist

part Pole myself, not enough to know the language, so good one. Nice job, kept my interest.

korba76korba76over 8 years ago
I lived in a neighborhood....

... one generation removed from that one, but went to THAT VERY neighborhood for many Holidays/Holy Days. I enjoyed that aspect a good bit, but have these suggestions:

1. Introduce a phrase once, then use it at your pleasure but don't define it again... let the dupas figure it out for themselves....

2. A bit more of that multicultural background was in order... some scene setting, for instance, in mamusia's house: smell, ("equal parts moth balls, cheap perfume, cabbage and candle wax" or something) furnishings "worn, dark colored, but once rich fabrics, that showed the wear resulting less from age than from too frequent cleaning...) etc.

3. The dirty cop was a nice realistic touch, but he is infamia.... he is not a good candidate for our protagonist... I would have liked to seen a hammer fall on him as well somewhere during the tale...

All in all I enjoyed it ... thank you very much

Korba

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Finally...

A woman who discovers her husband cheating and doesn't immediately go out and fuck the first guy she comes across and sends the tape to her husband. She is actually intelligent and plans his demise along with his jackass friends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Poles, Souls, And Tolls

This had a rough start for me but the author actually pulled it off in my opinion.

I do agree with some commenters that there was an overdose of ethnic indoctrination. That being said, my own Polish indoctrination (very positive) began years ago and these people are really something else. It was just the author's constant polocification of the dialog was a bit overboard. But damned if those blood sausages didn't start to sound good :))

Jagoff hubby was a bit of a cardboard cutout. But it was a nice touch seeing his mother show up and give'im Hell.

Anyway, somehow it was tied up quite well. As far as the machinations of the cop having set her up with dear ol' Mom, it looks like he's a pretty good schemer. Not sure how well that bodes for the future, especially with his own preferential police work, but at least his probable future wife won't be too likely to be offended.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 6 years ago
Loved it

No doubt, for me, this is one of the best stories I've read in a very long time. I ordered a soup once, blood with cherries...cold. I like to try different foods. Two spoonfuls of just the liquid. Well, I thought, maybe with the cherry, that will be better. Nope, not for me. The young waitress said she'd take it off the bill. I asked: Don't a lot of customers like it? She said oh sure, the old folks come here for it. Just so, says I, it's very good soup. That I don't care for it is my fault. I insist on paying for it, the owners should not suffer as a result of my poor taste. Plus everything else I thought was excellent.

Chilley

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 6 years ago
Uplifting

Yeah, could see Paul as the one as soon as Michelle gave him the drugs tip. You can’t make every event a surprise, else the story won’t make much sense.

It’s well written. I like how Michelle swore in Polish, it added valuable content to her character. It reminds me of growing up in an Italian household, Mom and her mother always swearing in Italian. We didn’t learn much of the language, but we knew cussing! Mrs Murphy? Nice piece of work, the warm granny with good food always ready.

But that bar scene... the guy could have given Mark a couple of knocks to the head, or a kick in the ribs. The sad part is that being drunk let Chloe show him a side that’s probably her true nature - she won’t say ‘no’ to other men when her man is absent. At least Wendy took responsibility for fucking up (good for her),

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 6 years ago
Darn good yarn

This was really an interesting and enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyable story.

ValintValintalmost 6 years ago
Run, Paul, run

Six months after everything blew up, she's still contemplating whether Mark can change, still caring about whether or not he's grabbing other woman's asses in bars.

She's clearly not over him. She doesn't appear to have honestly moved on. She doesn't seem to have dealt with her issues about being attracted to an asshole who treats her like shit, to coming to grips to why she's attracted to bad boys who are immature little kids at heart.

This feels like the prologue to a LW story in which, five years later, Paul come home and finds out that she's fucking Mark behind his back, because she just can't help herself.

wieliczkawieliczkaalmost 6 years agoAuthor
I guess you've missed the point

This is a story about redemption, his redemption as well as hers. They both have healed and moved on. He regained what he was before he lost his way. She did not lose her soul, her being, her sense of self as a person and as person with a spirituality in his betrayal. She is living her religion. Tossing that aside and fucking him later? That came from you, not this story.

I has been amazing to see the people who toss their own view of their own world into what the read and interpret.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Loved it.....

Especially the Polish local color. Paul's mom was great.

Very engaging story.

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

I hope the blond guy in the bar ends the engagement.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Like a lot about the authors of these kinds of stories at the end you have The victi

m spouse playing the Forgetting cuck.

I'm done reading your stories good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too many details.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Great series of stories. This really brought a smile to my face. I used to work with a Polish couple, and when Mama would visit we ate good. Love me some sauerkraut soup.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Way too much use of a foreign language. To bad Mark got out of prison time. He put her at risk for arrest by putting drugs in her coat and her system. Why the hell would she ever talk to this asshole. And the bullshit premise of talking to a cheating spouse for "closure" is complete crap.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 2 years ago

Douchebag got what was coming to him, good story overall.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

Ok.. I still gave it 5 stars for the several unique factors in this series. In general, I liked the series. But, it feels like something is missing. Almost like eating a meal and still being hungry. Mark should have gone to prison for so many reasons. Wendy definitely got the short end. The finale was rushed. Love the ethnic angle, and "mixed" marriage, etc. When did Deandre become Horacio? (1st he's a stereotype Black, then he's brown?) Don't get it. That whole triangle in ER is confusing.

SatyrDickSatyrDick3 months ago

[02.02.24]

Great Series!

I enjoyed the addition of another ethnicity to a story outside of the seemingly derigue (sp?) Italian or Mexican/Spanish.

11/10!!!!!

oldtwitoldtwit19 days ago

Nicely wrapped up, somewhat of a sweet story really, nice idea and well presented

AmbivalenceAmbivalence18 days ago

One night while sleeping, a mouse bit me on my toe.

Sure, it couldn't kill me and only managed what it did because I *was* asleep, but that doesn't mean it was incapable of hurting me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwieliczka@wieliczka
820 Followers
I am married to my first (and only ) wife of 38 years. Only in my extended family, (two continents) has there ever been unfaithfulness. There has been divorces, remarriage, trials and tribulations. Life is messy, I look toward building bridges, not tearing them down. In th...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES