Super Sam Ch. 01

Story Info
Sam goes as Supergirl to a Lena Luthor costume party.
8.2k words
4.53
6.4k
11

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/22/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MTL17
MTL17
2,012 Followers

Disclaimer: I do not own Supergirl or anything to do with DC. I do not make any money from the writing of this story.

*****

Alex Danvers wasn't a big fan of parties. Loud, obnoxious music which was more to her sister's tastes, large crowds full of people, random guys hitting on her, and worst of all, it was so freaking difficult to get a drink. She much preferred a small gathering between friends, where it was easy to have a nice conversation and a nice bottle of wine. Maybe a game or two.

Which was pretty much a tradition, but this Lena Luthor was throwing a big charity costume party, and after a lot of pestering from Kara, Alex was making an appearance. Which at least made Kara smiled widely when she saw her approaching, reminding Alex she would probably do anything for that smile, even this.

"Alex!" Kara exclaimed, running up and hugging her, "You made it, you made it."

"Like I had a choice." Alex grumbled.

"Oh, don't be like that..." Kara parroted pulling back and then hesitating as she looked Alex up and down, "Hey, where's your costume?"

"I'm wearing it." Alex said, and then when her sister gave her a look she quickly added, "I'm a FBI Agent."

"Boo." Kara booed.

"What?" Alex protested, "This way I didn't have to go home and change, or whatever. I could come straight here."

"Boooooooooo!" Kara repeated.

"I use to pretend to be FBI, you know? I even have a badge that says so and everything." Alex huffed.

"That badge can change to say whatever you want it to say. And you carry it with you wherever you go. So, it doesn't count." Kara argued, "So again, I boo you. Boo, boo, boooooooooo! Bad Alex, bad. F for effort."

"That's not how the saying goes." Alex grumbled, "And what are you supposed to be, exactly? Apart from racially insensitive, I mean? An Arabian hooker, maybe?"

Kara opened her mouth wide in offense, and then huffed, "I'm Princess Jasmine, duh!"

"Why?" Alex frowned, "I thought you were going as Arial?"

"I was, but then Lena told me she was going as Aladdin, because she identifies with his struggles with power, and it meant so much to her, that I wanted to surprise her with this." Kara exclaimed with a beaming smile.

Alex raised an eyebrow, "By wearing a couples costume?"

Kara blushed, "It's not a couples costume."

"Uh-huh." Alex smirked.

"It's not!" Kara insisted, "It's a nice, sweet, friendly gesture between... friends. Best friends. And I will not have you sully it with your crazy, and totally off the mark innuendos."

"Uh-huh." Alex replied.

"Hey, don't give me that." Kara protested, before again insisting, "This is a thoughtful gift, and Lena is going to love it."

"Uh-huh." Alex replied.

"You know what I mean." Kara folded up her arms and pouted.

Honestly Alex hadn't been really paying attention to any of that, as Sam Arias suddenly appeared from out of the crowd. Thankfully she was heading to the bar, the same place that Alex had been heading before she spotted Kara. This meant that Sam didn't spot them, and more importantly, didn't spot Alex staring at her. Because, wow. Don't get her wrong, she always thought Sam was gorgeous, but... wow. Just wow.

She looked better as Supergirl than Supergirl did, and that was really saying something. God, she even had the walk down perfectly. The one which says, 'I'm powerful and self-righteous, but somehow also adorable, and so pretty that it should be obnoxious, but somehow it just means you want me even more.'

"I, I just don't get why anyone would think me and Lena are more than friends." Kara protested, at this point, annoyed at her own inability to stop speaking, even though the only response she got the last couple of minutes was 'uh-huh'.

Although that was preferable to the next response Alex gave, namely, "Do you think Supergirl is hot?"

Kara let out an unintelligible sound, followed by choking out, "Wha, what?"

"Do you think Supergirl is hot?" Alex repeated without missing a beat, then rolled her eyes, "Fine, hypothetically, if you like girls, would you think she is hot?"

"Well... I... I guess, I mean, I hadn't thought about it, I mean..." Kara stammered, before cautiously asking, "Do you?

"Duh. I mean, have you seen her?" Alex scoffed, as if the question should be obvious, "But, I don't know, I just feel like I know her or something. Which is weird, because as far as I can remember we've never spoken."

"There's a reason for that." Kara grumbled softly, looking over to her friend J'ohn.

"What was that?" Alex frowned, finally looking away from Sam.

"Nothing." Kara squeaked, quickly changing the subject as she was the next one to spot Sam, "Oh! Oooooooooooh. Are you sure you're not projecting? Like, getting your feelings all confused, and you're not sure what to do? Because I thought that all the time. Not about Lena! Or any other girl. I just..."

"I don't know..." Alex admitted, "I just feel like there is something between us. Or maybe I just want there to be? Oh, who am I kidding, I totally am."

There's a few brief seconds of silence, and then Kara cautiously added, "Between you and Sam, or you and, and..."

"I don't know." Alex repeated with a sigh, "Both? Maybe? Probably?"

"But Sam's the one who's here?" Kara offered, taking a moment to acknowledge the irony of that, even if Alex was no longer aware of it, and then adding, "Maybe you should go for it? With Sam I mean! Definitely with Sam."

"You don't think Supergirl would be into me?" Alex questioned self-deprecatingly.

"What, I..." Kara stammered, before desperately trying to calm herself down, then pointed out, "Sam's the one who's here."

"How is that fair on her?" Alex questioned, before adding, "If, if the only reason something happens, it's because she's dressed like that?"

"Well..." Kara scoffed, desperately wanting to spill the beans at this point, to tell her sister about wiping her memory, and begging for her forgiveness, but instead she pointed out, "You've had a thing for Sam since you met her. Don't even try to pretend otherwise. Who cares what exactly gets you off your butt to tell her? Just tell her, and see what happens."

"Like things become super awkward, and losing her as a friend?" Alex quipped dryly.

"You might be surprised." Kara said softly, before quickly adding, "Or you can spend years flirting with her, and then do nothing about it. Your choice. Now excuse me, I'm going to find my Aladdin. Not that she's my Aladdin, it's just that... just go talk to her! Now Alex!"

As Kara stormed off in a huff, looking for her 'friend', Alex took a deep and calming breath, and began moving towards Sam. Then she saw a guy walk up to 'Super Sam' and obviously start chatting her up, causing Alex to go to the other end of the bar to get a drink or two. Of course it took like an hour to get one, but admittedly Alex felt better once she had downed a couple of shots and got herself a beer.

Not her favourite, but it would do. Especially if she had to watch Sam making out with some random dude. However instead when she saw her friend again Sam was talking to a completely different man, and it didn't seem to be going well. Alex tried to intervene, but before she could get through this infuriating crowd, he was gone. Weirdly after Super Sam spotted her, and then pointed her out with a beaming smile.

"Alex! You made it! Thank God!" Sam exclaimed loudly over the music when Alex finally closed the distance between them.

"Thanks, I guess." Alex replied, and hating herself for it. She then quickly responded with a better greeting, "Good to see you too. Not that it isn't always, I just..."

"I get it." Sam smiled, looking Alex up and down, and pointed to her friend's 'costume', or lack thereof, "So, secret agent?"

"You know me." Alex joked, before lowering her head, "It's super lame, isn't it?"

"No, it's smart." Sam reassured, lowering her voice, "This way you don't need to change from work."

"I know, thank you. Finally, someone who gets it." Alex exclaimed, before quickly adding, "Not that there is something wrong with going home and changing. Or whatever. You look amazing. Easily just as good as Supergirl."

"You think?" Sam smiled bashfully.

"I know." Alex insisted, before cautiously adding, "But isn't it weird. Because... you know?"

"It's not really my colour?" Sam question dryly, and then when Alex gave her a look she quickly explained, "Yeah, it's a little weird. But Ruby thought it would be funny, and you know I would do anything for that kid. Especially after, everything that happened... and, and Reign would absolutely hate it. You know, seeing me dress this way. Which kind of sealed the deal, because screw that bitch."

There was a brief pause, and then Alex softly said, "I think it is."

"Huh?" Sam frowned.

"Your colour." Alex said softly, then blushed, and then continuously made it worse for herself, "I mean, you could wear anything. Red, white and blue, or black, or whatever. Whatever you want, and you'd look great. Guaranteed."

"Thanks." Sam beamed, then looking around and sighing, "Oh God, another one?"

"Another what?" Alex frowned, becoming even more confused as Sam took her hand in hers.

"Just follow my lead." Sam pleaded almost too softly to be heard, before turning towards the man who was now approaching them, "Hi."

The man was a little startled, but he smiled and offered, "Hi, can I buy you a drink?"

"Thanks, but my girlfriend already got me one." Sam said, indicating to Alex.

The man nodded, "Oh... right, couples costume?"

"Yeah..." Sam nodded, "Because..."

"Supergirl works with the government." The man nodded, before shrugging it off, "Well, have a good night."

"You too." Sam smiled, and then when he was out of ear shot she let go of Alex's hand and explained, "Sorry about that. There's probably nothing worse than a girl using you like that to get out of being hit on, but I totally didn't realize how much of a dick magnet this thing would be. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal, as I've seen girls dress this way all the time, but since I got here guys just haven't left me alone."

"Not looking for love tonight, huh?" Alex question, trying not to sound too disappointed.

Sam shrugged, "I came here to support Lena. And whatever charity this is for. And to make sure Ruby has a good time. And doesn't get into too much trouble."

Sam then indicated to her daughter, who was over in the corner with Kara and Lena, proudly showing off her costume, which made Alex smile, and then nodded, "I get it. And it's okay. I can be your fake girlfriend, if you want. You know, just to keep the drunk guys away who can't take no for an answer."

"You will? Oh, thanks Alex, you're the best." Sam beamed, hugging her friend.

"Yeah, I am, aren't I?" Alex tried to sound smug, not sad, and then when Sam pulled back she asked, "So do you have a place to sit?"

"No, but I'm sure we can find somewhere." Sam said, offering her hand.

"Okay." Alex took the hand, and they started to make their way through the crowded room. As they went Alex grumbled, "And this is not a couples costume."

"Sure it isn't." Sam said play kiddingly, although it was undermined by the smile on her face.

*

In a way Alex was glad that Sam had taken romance off of the table tonight, as it meant that she could just relax and have a fun time with her friend. At first it was friends, as they joined Kara, Lena and Ruby all at one table, but all three of them eventually left to go dance, once again leaving Alex and Sam to themselves.

Ruby had to stay where Sam could see her the whole time, but she seemed perfectly content with getting her groove on, probably because Sam was mostly focused on Alex, the two of them talking for hours about everything and nothing. Which would've been great, but Kara had managed to get into Alex's head, and she found herself over-analysing everything from the way the other woman laughed at her jokes, to every soft little smile or touch she gave her.

That was only intensified tenfold later on, when they joined Ruby on the dance floor. It wasn't so bad at first, the three of them goofing around to the loud music, while Alex wondered exactly where Kara and Lena had gone. But then the music became slower, Ruby went to sit back down, and next thing she knew Sam was dancing close to her.

Which Alex was 99% sure was all about keeping up the charade of being a couple, but, a small part of her couldn't help hope it was something else. Especially given that the entire time they spend together no men came up to them, suggesting that either they had got the message earlier in the night, or they were just totally buying this performance. The question was, was Alex reading something into it, or did it actually mean something?

All Alex knew for sure was that time just seemed to fly by, and her original intention of sticking around about an hour tops was completely blown out of the water, and the next thing she knew it was after midnight, Ruby was pretty much a sleep, resting against her mother's shoulder, and yet Sam and Alex were still deep in discussion. Which made Alex feel a little guilty, but it was really hard to mention that they should be both heading home.

Sure, it was a Friday night, so Ruby didn't have school tomorrow, and Sam didn't have work, but Alex did. After all, she was the director of the DEO, and therefore didn't really have time off. Admittedly she could take some if she wanted to, but she was a workaholic. But then, she was used to working on only a few hours of sleep, so it seemed worth it to stay as long as possible, to make this last.

"Anyway..." Sam sighed sadly, indicating to her daughter, "I really should get this one home. I promised her if she was good she could stay up late, but this is way later than I intended."

"Yes, absolutely. You should go." Alex agreed, before cautiously adding, "Erm, how are you getting home, exactly? Because, no offense, but you seem a little..."

"Tipsy?" Sam offered, before grinning, "Yeah, a bit. But it's okay, we'll just get an Uber. Or maybe I can fly us home?"

Alex smiled at what was hopefully a joke, and then offered, "You know, I have a really high tolerance, and I didn't have that much, not by my standards, so I could maybe drive you. If you want? You know, free ride? I could tell you the alphabet backwards. If that would help?"

"No, it's okay, I trust you." Sam softly reassured, before quickly adding, "But if were going to go, we should tell Lena."

"Agreed." Alex nodded, getting up. They weren't looking for long before they ran into a familiar face, which made Alex beam, "Hey Kara, have you seen Lena?"

"Lena? No, why? Why would I have seen her? Why?" Kara babbled unconvincingly.

Just then Lena came out of the bathroom a short distance away, and Alex could have sworn that Kara wiped her face nervously, like she was worried something was on it, but before she could comment Sam called out to her approaching boss, "Lena, we're off now, okay? It was great to see you. Great party. We had a lot of fun."

"Me too." Lena beamed, before clarifying, "It's always great to see you all, and Sam, we'll talk more Monday."

"Absolutely, see you then." Sam returned with a smile of her own.

There was a few more exchanges of pleasantries, and then they slowly made their way out and to Alex's car. It was a lot easier now, as a great deal of the guests had either gone home or gone looking for an all-night party, but they still moved slowly because they had to practically carry Ruby, which quickly sobered up the older brunettes.

But it was not long before they were on their way, and while it could be Alex's imagination, she felt like Sam was watching her nearly the entire drive. Which was distracting, but Alex had been trained to stay sharp in much worse conditions, and eventually she got them to their destination alright. Although she drove slowly, just in case, and also because she didn't want the night to end. Which was why she went against her better judgment during the next offer she got.

"Do you want to come in?" Sam offered once they'd arrived, quickly adding, "Because I could do with the help to get Ruby inside, and you look like you could do with a cup of coffee. Especially if you're going to drive some more tonight."

"Coffee would be great, thanks." Alex smiled, barely giving it a second thought.

They then wordlessly carried Ruby inside, and pretty much had to wake her up to make her go to bed. That was maybe Alex's favourite part of the night, because as much as she cherished her time with her friends, and the chance to get to know Sam a little better, it was so wonderful to watch Sam be a Mom, and the exact type of Mom Alex wanted to be.

Loving and affectionate, but also stern when she needed to be. It reminded Alex how badly she wanted a kid. Especially one like Ruby. Hell, a small part of her wished Ruby was her kid. Which made a voice in her head remind her that could be possible, in a way which would hopefully be very pleasant for all involved, but she quickly stamped out that thought.

Once Ruby was tucked up in bed she was out like a light almost the second her head hit the pillow, and then the two older brunettes were sneaking downstairs for the coffee Alex had been promised. Coffee which Alex managed to make last for a change. Normally she drank it quickly, because she liked it hot, but this time both women seem to be taking their time.

Almost like they didn't want the night to end. But it had to eventually, and Alex was feeling it even more sooner than she did when she left the party. So with a wistful sigh, she finished the last of her drink and then reluctantly started heading towards the door while thanking Sam for a wonderful evening.

"Well, I guess it's time to go." Alex said sadly while she got up, "Thanks for everything... tonight has been, well..."

"Wait!" Sam said softly, before quickly adding, "It's... it's really late, and... and you could stay the night, if you want."

There was a brief pause, then Alex said softly, "I wouldn't want to put you out."

"You wouldn't be." Sam insisted.

Another brief pause, then Alex relented, "Well, if you're sure."

"I, I am." Sam stammered.

Which caused Alex to frown, "Really? Because you don't sound sure, and the last thing I want to do is-"

"I'm sure!" Sam said firmly this time.

Yet another pause, then Alex nodded, "Okay."

"Okay?" Sam smiled.

"So... can I have a blanket or something?" Alex asked.

"Why?" Sam frowned, before realization hit, "Oh, you don't want to sleep on that couch. It's a piece of crap. My bed is big enough for two. You should sleep there."

Again this caused Alex to frown, as she'd been sitting on that couch for a while, and it felt perfectly decent. But she simply shrugged and allowed Sam to lead her upstairs to her bedroom, grateful for the fact that she had such a great friend that would do something like this for her. Later she would realize that, in hindsight, she was being a little bit naïve. But in her defence, it was late, and she was tired and tipsy.

However, she wasn't so out of it that she didn't notice that Sam suddenly seemed nervous, for some reason, and while she had shrugged it off at first it was clear that by the time they reached her friend's bedroom, she really was going to have to say something, as Sam seemed to be freaking out.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked shortly after the door was closed behind them.

"Nothing." Sam tried to protest, and amazingly, all it took was a look from the other woman to have her answering truthfully, "I'm sorry, I just... I... I don't normally do this. Heck, I never do this. Like I said, I had Ruby in high school, and after that... well, I was so focused on her, and my career, that I didn't have time for anything else. But now..."

"Now what?" Alex frowned.

MTL17
MTL17
2,012 Followers