All Comments on 'Surefoot 36: My Summer on Vulcan'

by Surefoot

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
SensualSigmaSensualSigmaover 5 years ago
Vulcan Columbo

"But what I don't understand is why if you, as you claim, were treating him telepathically his system was full of suppressant and we all show evidence of telepathic contact. Could it be that you're a Romulan!" [Vulcan absence of gasps]

FieroGT1988FieroGT1988over 5 years ago
Wow

Just Wow . stand alone who done it. and a whole bunch of open ended story lines along with a surprise ending. Loved it. Keep them coming. 5s.

SurefootSurefootover 5 years agoAuthor
From the Author:

Thanks, folks, for reading and commenting! This was an unusual story that started out strictly as a sort of Vulcan rom-com farce, but somehow ended up a Columbo locked-room mystery, neither genre of which is the first thing you think about when you're dealing with a race of people who suppress their emotions. Not to mention having to come up with a dozen distinctive Vulcan names... still, I'm glad it turned out as well as it had.

Some readers have questioned the dismissive attitudes of some of my characters to ancient traditions such as mindmelds and arranged marriages, but if you think about it, the principle source of canon information we've had about Vulcan marriages and customs has been with Spock, a member of an aristocratic family (his father's first wife was said to be a Vulcan Princess; nice work if you can get it...). Expecting every Vulcan family to follow their traditions would be like an alien coming to Earth, witnessing a Royal Wedding and believing it to be the norm for all of us :-)

Once again, thanks for reading and commenting; as I've written before, I live for these!

hakdrakkenhakdrakkenover 5 years ago
Mothers cubs

My favorite part was the head of Vulcan intelligence finding out who Sasha is and deciding it would be best if he just left. Immediately. Haha!

SensualSigmaSensualSigmaover 5 years ago
Chonk

Was a flurry of tubby cats posted on Reddit relatively recently labelled 'chonks'. I wonder if the 23rd Century has social media and if the Caitain Captain is on it? :)

bhojobhojoover 1 year ago

These are the voyages of the Starship Surefoot - It's continuing mission, to sexplore strange new worlds , To seek out new food and New Hotness , to boldy grope whom no one has groped before !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous