Surefoot 47: The Nanny State

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He looked ready to cry. “You- You don’t want me to go?”

“Go? We adore you, Jhess. The cubs adore you. We are so lucky to have you as part of our family now.” She hugged him.

Jhess hugged back fiercely. “Thank you. Thank you both.” He drew back, looking to Hrelle. “I’m sorry I’ve kept the truth from you both.”

Hrelle nodded. “Well, I’m sorry I struck you. Come here, Brother.” They hugged now.

Beside them, Kami bristled. “Wait, you did what?”

“Shush,” Hrelle chided her gently over his shoulder. “Tender male bonding moment here.”

But as they parted, Kami refused to let it lie, getting into her husband’s face. “You struck our nanny?”

He swallowed. “Yes, ah, I was trying to get him to reveal his combat training. It was a psychological ploy.”

“From what book? The Idiot’s Guide to Everything? Maybe I should smack you upside the head and see if I can get a few brain cells working?”

Jhess brought a shushing finger to his snout, whispering, “Wait, I think we have a spy...” He grinned and snuck up to the closed door to the cub’s room, sliding it open quickly and scooping up the young cub who was on the other side, listening in on the adults’ conversation. Misha squealed as Jhess carried him back to his father, tossing him into Hrelle’s arms while the older male proceeding to tickle his son and make him squeal even more.

Until Kami turned to Misha and asked him, “So, you’re not afraid of Jhess after seeing him fight those Maquis?”

The cub’s eyes saucered. “No! It was awesome! Jhessie’s gonna teach me to fight!”

The adults looked to their nanny, who appeared shocked. “I never said that, young cub!” He moved over and picked up his frettercast. “But I will teach you a new song.”

Hrelle fixed a smile on his face. “Yay. Another song.”

“Yes, Esek,” Jhess continued, sticking a tongue out at him. “An old sailor’s ballad called The Hills of Tau’Maree.”

Hrelle’s eyes widened too. “I grew up in a fishing village. I know that song. It’s... really dirty.”

Misha guffawed at the notion. But the nanny just tightened a string on his frettercast. “I know, I know. I’ve cleaned it up for sensitive ears.” Then he began playing:

It’s a darn tough life full of toil and strife

We ship crews undergo.

And you don’t give a darn when the day is done

How hard the winds did blow.

For we’re homeward bound to the Clanland ground

With a good ship, taut and free

And we don’t give a darn when we drink our fill

In the hills of Tau’Maree.

Heading down to Tau’Maree, me lads

Rolling down to Tau’Maree

We’re homeward bound to the Clanland ground

Heading down to Tau’Maree!”

Kami and Misha applauded. Even Hrelle couldn’t stop smiling at it.

At the doorway, T’Varik and C’Rash appeared, the latter cradling Sreen and asking, “So, I take it from the musical number and the lack of tears, that Spot’s staying?”

Jhess looked to her, offering a familiar grin. “Only if you think you can manage to keep my former lover from trying to win me back. She’s flirted with me a gazillion times since I arrived.”

“There is no such number as a gazillion,” T’Varik informed him.

“Yes, there is.”

“There is not.”

“Of course there is! It’s a 1... with a gazillion zeroes after it.”

The Vulcan folded her hands behind her. “It is precisely this behaviour on your part which killed our relationship.”

The Caitians turned to her.

“What?” she inquired innocently.

THE ADVENTURES OF THE SUREFOOT WILL CONTINUE IN... UPGRADES