Surefoot 49: Tooth and Claw

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They vanished. Maryk made a show of composing herself and marched off the way she came.

Madison was struggling not to laugh out loud. "That was awesome! You should have tried kissing her, she might have just self-destructed on the spot!"

Sasha wagged a scolding finger at him. "Watch that, Mrs Madison, or I'll invite her in with us for a threesome."

"Really?" he teased, raising a grin.

"No," she assured him, smirking. "Sasha Don't Share."

*

Long range sensors detected the Blacktalon at the outskirts of the Stella Tenebris system, before the Ajax turned off its active sensors, dropped out of warp and activated the Prowl, Weynik only now briefing the Bridge crew on the classified aspects of their mission, as sidearms were handed out as per Regulations.

Weynik showed no emotion as he sat in the centre chair. "Lt Hrelle, ensure our power signature is tightened as much as possible. Tighter than a thong around your Dad's nethers."

"That's nasty, Sir."

"Yes it is. Mr Grel, slightly alter our course, avoid the denser portions of this system's Oort Belt; we don't want to leave any footprints in the stellar snow."

"Aye, Sir."

The Roylan turned slightly to view Ctuuri. "Status of the Prowl, Major?"

The Caitian male was at a station adjacent to Sasha's, and examined the readings. "All systems are at Optimum, Captain; your ship's power systems are higher than most of ours, but Lt Hrelle and I have spent the last couple of days working to compensate, and I believe we've succeeded. But you'll need to keep your shields and weapons off-line."

"Understood, Major. Our ablative armour will protect us from any initial attack until we get those on-line." Weynik faced forward again.

Ctuuri looked to Sasha, and in Old Caitian muttered, "He's quite a Commanding Officer. Are there many Roylans in Starfleet?"

Sasha smiled. "Not many. But his father is our Fleet Admiral."

"Hmm. Did you finish reading that account of Hattori Hanzō and how he forged the first Kaetini sword-"

"Something you two would care to share with the rest of the class?" Weynik asked, never looking back.

Sasha straightened out. "Just discussing history, Sir."

"Yes, well, perhaps you can put away the past, and focus on the present... and the immediate future?"

All eyes looked ahead, to see the Ferasan Prideship Blacktalon filling on the viewscreen: tri-nacelled, arrowhead-shaped, brick red in colour but with the names of the Pride who crewed this particular vessel along the radiator and atmospheric fins, and a large round dome on the central dorsal side.

Sasha couldn't help but tense at the sight of it... but acknowledging that Ctuuri, with his agitated tail and ear twitching, had far more to feel anxious about seeing them than she did.

"Where is the Dominion?" Kohanim asked.

"Have we missed them?" Ensign Bump asked. "Have they had the meeting already?"

"Passive scans are picking up ion traces," Sasha reported. "Consistent with Jem'Hadar energy signatures from about an hour ago."

Weynik nodded. "They'll have dropped off the Vorta representative, and probably a couple of Jem'Hadar guards, and then retreated to patrol local space until the preliminary negotiations are over. Mr Grel, reduce speed to one-tenth impulse, take us in, and stop at ten kilometres of the Blacktalon."

Heads turned to their Captain, Kohanim noting, "That's very... close, Sir, spatially speaking."

"We need to be, for the coherent neutrino beam to be effective. Mr Shanek, ensure all available computer memory is ready to interpret the data the beam will be feeding us. We'll make a full pass around the vessel, Mr Grel, using manoeuvring thrusters only, until we locate the Dominion party.

Lt Hrelle, Ensign Bump, Major Ctuuri, your jobs will be to keep your eyes peeled outwards, in case the Jem'Hadar return; the fact that the Ferasans haven't responded to our presence yet suggests the Prowl is working, but we don't know how effective it will be against Dominion scanning technology."

The Bridge crew went silent as they performed their duties, and once the Ajax reached its destination, and the Blacktalon completely filled up the viewscreen, the coherent neutrino beam came online.

Sasha glanced away from her outer system scans, curious. She had heard about this experimental scanning technology, providing not only an exographic view of the interior of the other ship, but an approximation of the sounds within, based on ambient vibrations from the surrounding metal. But while the requirement of being this close would be prohibitive under most circumstances, in this instance, it was ideal for what they needed to do. She saw views of the interior of the Blacktalon, saw the crew moving about, working, sleeping...

Wait, was a collection of them in one room, looking in the direction of the Ajax? No, she decided, it was just her imagination.

And yet...

"Ambient sound analysis is ongoing, Captain," Shanek reported. "Seeking key words to triangulate meeting location..."

From her station, Sasha drew up a new reading, glancing at Ctuuri. "Major, is that an antiproton field emanating from the Blacktalon? I was not aware that they possessed-"

Ctuuri's head shot up in alarm. "Captain! Raise your shi-"

Light suffused Sasha's vision, and she felt the quantum dissolution of a transporter beam envelop her-

-Dropping her into a darker environment, with a slightly heavier gravity. She drew her phaser sidearm instinctively, even as she acknowledged that all of the occupants of the Bridge - Weynik, Kohanim, Bump, Shanek, Grel, Ctuuri and herself - had been transported as well.

Leaving them in a circle surrounded by charging Ferasans.

"Fire!" Weynik ordered, having drawn his own phaser as well. Sasha and others tried, only to find their weapons not functioning. She dropped her hold on it immediately, dodging the clawed swipe her own Ferasan attacker aimed at her, allowing her to twist and kick into the sebaceous nerve cluster on the Ferasan's outer knee, before delivering a sharp jab at his groin and flipping him over her shoulder.

Around her, her fellow abductees were also fighting, with varying degrees of success; the only ones holding their own were Ctuuri, teeth and claws bared and roaring; Weynik, whose heavyworlder status made his opponents always underestimate the compact-sized Captain; and Shanek with his Vulcan strength.

A loud bang filled the air, and Kohanim cried out, clutching his stomach, bent over and dropping to his knees, before a Ferasan armed with one of their assault pistols, as a more decorated male beside him shouted, "Enough! Surrender, or the rest of you will be shot as well!"

The fighting stopped, and the phasers and combadges were confiscated. Weynik moved to Kohanim, who was now collapsing to the floor, face grimacing in agony, gasping for air. Sasha joined them, trying to examine the wound, but already having a prognosis. "Ballistic wound, internal damage- their bullets carry anticoagulants to prevent wounds from clotting, Sir. He'll need immediate treatment!"

The highly-decorated Ferasan, a tall sable-furred male with the typical prominent fangs peeking out from his flat snout, made a sound. "I am Eukanna, Pridemaster of this vessel! Who is your Pridemaster here?"

Weynik stood up. "I'm Captain Weynik, USS Ajax. What is the meaning of this abduction?"

Eukanna regarded him theatrically... and then drew back and laughed. "You are the commander? You look like an ugly rag doll one of my slower Kittens might want to play with!" He picked up one of the captured phasers and examined it. "A lovely design, Ragdoll." Then he tossed it over his shoulder. "But, like your communicator badges, vulnerable to the duonetic field we are generating. Unlike our own weapons."

Sasha rose to her feet to join Weynik, but indicated Kohanim. "This man you shot needs medical attention, now-"

The Ferasan Pridemaster's hand, claws extended, struck her across the face with astonishing speed, and she went down, halfway over Kohanim. Her face felt raw, but she forced herself to look back up defiantly, as Weynik stepped between her and the Ferasan. "You've no right to do that to one of my crew!"

Eukanna made a show of lightly licking the tips of the claws that struck Sasha. "Captured prey have few rights onboard our ships. Females have fewer." He looked over at Ctuuri. "And Caitian scum have none at all.

Foolish prey! We were aware of your cloaked presence the moment you stopped outside our ship, thanks to the gift of an antiproton scanner from our new friends in the Dominion; when I bring it back to the Patriarchy to be installed on the rest of our ships to deal with the Caitian fleet, I will gain unparalleled acclaim, and a seat on the High Pridemasters Council."

"Then what do you want with the rest of us? Just take what you got and let us go."

Eukanna laughed again. "Oh, Captain Ragdoll, you've only just arrived! And our Dominion guests are waiting to greet you!"

"What about my First Officer? Without treatment, he'll die!"

Eukanna considered this, and nodded. "Yes. Yes, he probably will. But what's your point?"

More Ferasans grabbed Weynik to drag him away, and as Sasha returned to her feet, he called to her, "Do whatever you have to do to help Kohanim! Stay together, watch out for each other!"

Sasha watched helplessly was Eukanna and Weynik disappeared, leaving her to assess the situation: ten Ferasans, but only a couple packing ballistic pistols like the one that had wounded Kohanim, the rest no doubt relying on their strength and speed, their teeth and claws, to handle their prisoners. A rescue party might come from the Ajax... but who knew how long that might take, once they were beamed away and the computer adopted Security Lockdown Protocols?

She knew she could handle one or two of them - especially with the Pummels she had tucked down the insides of her boots; yes, Grandma, I do take your advice, and appreciate your gifts. Ctuuri could handle even more, if he wasn't being kept separate from the rest of the prisoners by two of the Ferasans, but while Shanek had his Vulcan strength to compensate, Bump and Grel weren't fighters, and Kohanim-

She knelt again, removing her jacket, bundling it up and stuffing it into the Zakdorn's stomach, trying to stem the flow of sickly yellow-white blood seeping from him. She looked up at Bump. "Come here, Ensign, press here, hold tightly."

The young man looked pale, almost ready to faint, but to his credit, nodded, knelt and obeyed her directions. "Like this, Ma'am?"

"Yes, good work." Absently she let her hands move to the tops of her boots, checking but already knowing that her Pummels were still tucked down there. Then she looked over to Ctuuri, trying to catch his attention-

"Hey, Female," one of the Ferasans behind her growled. "Pleasure me, and we'll save the pudgy one's life."

His Pridemates laughed, and Bump looked over at him. "Shut your filthy mouth!"

That made the Ferasans laugh more, and Sasha order, "Stand down, Ensign, I don't need your help." She rose and faced the Ferasans, a plan coalescing already as she approached. "Okay, sport."

He blinked. "Okay?"

She nodded. "Yeah. Come on, let's go somewhere." Yes, let's go so I can bust your rat-tailed ass, take your weapon and come back here to save the others-

The Ferasan chuckled, though his tail twitched in reaction at her unexpected agreement of his offer. "I knew human females were all shameless whores. That comes from being able to mate out of Season."

"Go on, Syussl," taunted one of the other Ferasans. "Take her. Then let us have a turn!"

She sneered at him. "Yeah, Syussl, take me. What's wrong, don't know what to do? Come on, I know all the moves, I can make you feel better than you ever felt before. Let's find a nice quiet place-"

"No," he hissed with delight. "Here. I want my brothers to see me in action."

Sasha paused, drawing closer and resting her hand on his chest, offering him what she hoped he'd interpret as a seductive smile. "I work much better without an audience. Come on, Stud, I'll even do your brothers after you. But you get to be first-"

"Lieutenant," Shanek now said, sounding concerned even for a Vulcan. "I do not believe Lt Cmdr Kohanim would want you to debase yourself in such a fashion, even to save his life."

Inwardly she groaned - was every member of her crew going to play Sir Fucking Galahad to defend her honour? - and turned to him. "Stay out of this, Ensign. I merely wish to Doublecock our captors. Like I did on Poker Night. Remember?"

She saw the subtle reaction of comprehension on his face, a look mirrored with Grel. Good, she thought.

"Mind your own business, Vegetarian!" the Ferasan Syussl snarled at Shanek, turning back to Sasha, his gaze narrowing and his teeth bared. "I've seen videos of what human females can do with their mouths." He reached out, clasping her chin in his furred hand. "Why don't you show us?"

She stiffened at his touch, but forced herself to smile. "Well, if you insist..." She dropped to one knee, her hand reaching for the top of her boot-

Suddenly a wail caught the attention of everyone in the room, and Sasha turned in place to see Ctuuri on all fours, rolling around and mewling loudly. "I don't want to die! I don't want to die! Please, spare me! I'm too young! I want my Mama!"

The Ferasans looked to each other in disbelief, the one nearest Ctuuri kicking him in the side. "Be silent, you miserable, woman-worshipping weakling!"

Sasha watched the performance in disbelief. Why would he behave like that now? He must have figured out what she was about to do, he could have joined in!

The second Ferasan nearest Ctuuri bent down and picked him back up to his knees, shoving the barrel of his pistol against the side of the Caitian's head. "We should kill you, just to silence you, filthy effete!"

Ctuuri was making a show of trying to compose himself, sniffling and pleading, "Please, Please let me pray to the Great Mother for strength! I'll be quiet, I promise! Just don't hurt me!"

The first Ferasan nearest him sneered. "Go on, then! Pray to your bitch goddess!"

"Thank you! Thank you!" He knelt there, calming down, eyes closed, hands clasped as he began speaking in old Caitian. "Don't do it, Sasha. I have a better plan."

She started, but quickly forced aside any recognition, not wanting to arouse suspicion.

Then he continued. "I have a personal transporter unit on me: a gift from the Mother's Claws. It has just enough power for two people, and will automatically take you back to the last point where we were beamed away, to the Bridge of your ship."

Sasha breathed in. A personal transporter unit? How? Why? And why hadn't he used it before now to escape?

He opened his eyes, as if staring up at the ceiling in lamentation, his arms held out wide. "You must use it to take you and your wounded crewmate back. They will not help him here, and I can smell he is almost dead. When I make my move, you return to Kohanim. Once you're back on the Ajax, you can see about coming back for the rest of us."

She swallowed, and spoke in a whisper. "But what will they do to you-"

"You know that doesn't matter for people like us, Sasha," he replied, still praying to the ceiling. "But if something happens to me, there are instructions in my possessions. Letters for my wife and son."

"Tan-" she started.

"Sasha... I'm proud to have met you. Remember what makes us Kaetini..."

"Tan, wait-"

He leapt to his feet, twisting and swinging one leg up to connect the heel of his boot with the jaw of one Ferasan nearest him, even while offering his clawed hand in a wide arc to rake across the eyes of the other Ferasan.

The other Ferasans didn't even react yet, but Sasha was ready, twisting and leaping back towards Kohanim, draped over him - and shocking Bump into falling backwards, even as Ctuuri leapt over the Ensign, reaching into a fold in his Navy jacket and producing a pen-like object, slapping it into Sasha's open hand.

They touched. Their eyes met.

She saw so much there-

-Before she felt the lights brighten and the gravity lighten, and she tumbled to the upper deck of the Ajax bridge, the Red Alert klaxon filling the air, Kohanim beneath her, still unconscious and bleeding. She gasped-

-Seeing four Ferasans at various positions, pounding their fists onto consoles and arguing amongst themselves. "-Verride! Hurry, you bastards, before they break thro-"

"Look!" one of them said, pointing in her direction.

She understood instantly: taking prisoners wasn't enough. They were here to take the Ajax as well!

The four Ferasans were now moving towards her.

She left Kohanim on the floor and scurried under a railing, trying to reach for the Pummels in her boots. One of the Ferssans swiped her back, raking through her undershirt to her skin - shit, she wished she still had her jacket on! - and grabbed the chair at the Helm station to use as a weapon, buying her enough time to draw out one of her Pummels, slipping her fingers through the holes.

One Ferasan reached up from behind the Helm station and grabbed a handful of her hair, dragging her up, as a second Ferasan leapt forward and raked his claws across her belly, drawing blood. She kicked out, connecting with his balls, even as she swung backwards with her weapon hand, hearing and feeling the neuroleptic charge send the Ferasan holding her hair backwards.

The other two charged towards her, and it was all Sasha could do to ignore the pain in her abdomen and twist out of their grasp- could she get to the weapons locker, grab a phaser-

The fourth Ferasan, on the floor after the kick to his crotch, grabbed her right shin above her boot, claws extended, piercing her flesh and muscle. She shrieked, twisting herself and kicking him in the face, even as she punched the third Ferasan in the snout, making him drop.

The first and second Ferasans staggered towards her, even as she twisted over another rail, the pain in her calf and back and stomach accumulating, making her fully aware that she couldn't keep this up forever, she had to get help-

One of the remaining Ferasans clamped his mouth onto her left bicep and sank his fangs into her muscle. Agony shot through her, Sasha responding with driving her thumb into one of his eye sockets. The Ferasan released his mouth to scream, letting her pound the Pummel into him, shattering fangs. She couldn't last- she had to get to the Security station-

The last Ferasan leapt onto her from behind, trying to grasp her by the hair again, succeeding in clamping onto the side of her head, his claws digging into her skin-

She reached the station, releasing the locks-

White-hot pain suffused her as the Ferasan claws dug into her scalp...and ripped back...

*

Weynik kept pace, refusing to let his captors touch him to make him move faster, as they led him into a spacious area of the Blacktalon, obviously used as a communal dining offer meeting place, filled with many tables and chairs and topped with the transparent dome they had seen on their approach.

One humanoid figure in nondescript clothes sat at the end of the largest table: a Vorta female, with pale skin, violet eyes, and ears that ran from the bottom of her jaw to about the height of where most humanoid ears would end. Behind her, two Jem'Hadar stood, cradling weapons against their broad chests, their spiky reptilian faces focused on the new arrival.