Surefoot 83: The Dragon Gambit

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Surefoot
Surefoot
205 Followers

He chose instead to visit the newly-assembled chamber within Airlock 3, now filled with fluid and containing a floating, comatose Urad Kaldron, surrounded by tiny machines swimming slowly around him like fish, while outside, Eydiir and several Starfleet and Paserak technicians were working on ensuring the mechanisms continued to function without any problems.

Also in attendance were Zir, Lt Stalac and Counselor Peter Boone - all friends and squadmates of Urad in Alpha Squad from back on the Surefoot. And they all looked exhausted - even the Horta - a feeling he could appreciate. "How is he?"

The others looked to Eydiir, who explained, "He is in an induced coma, his body in suspension to take the weight off his frame. We are employing Nanites to manage the subdermal damage, and the Paserak teracycler units you see in there are removing the dermal damage and regenerating the tissue."

"'Teracycler'?"

Eydiir nodded, indicating the thumb-sized objects within the tank. "Like many reptoid races, the Paserak have endemic medical issues with desquamation - shedding skin - and have developed technology to assist in this, technology we've adapted for large-scale skin regeneration for Mr Kaldron."

Hrelle watched some more with fascination. "How long will you keep him under?"

"At the current pace, 8-10 days."

The Caitian nodded himself, and turned to the others. "Then there's no need for you to remain here. Go to bed. Your fatigue will do nothing for him."

Zir looked to Peter and Stalac, before finally nodding in capitulation, the three of them departing, and leaving Hrelle to turn back to Eydiir. "You, too."

The dark-skinned Capellan stiffened. "I am perfectly capable of continuing to function for days if necessary, Sir."

"I don't doubt it, Daughter of Kaas. Fortunately, it's not necessary, we have more than enough eyes and paws covering here. You need your strength to keep the doctors looking good." He paused and clarified, "It wasn't a suggestion, by the way. There's more work ahead, for both of us. And I should head to bed as well."

*

He didn't, finding himself in the Hospital's Morgue, standing by the stasis pods that held those lost today.

No, not lost. Taken. And he knew that it wasn't by the Dragon, or its accomplices. It was Max Zorin. He had no proof about it, not yet. But he would. Soon. And then...

Then, what? He'd have justice? Revenge? No. Neither of those would help these five, or the ones wounded and recovering from the attack. Assuming they do recover-

He started at the familiar scent and sound behind him. "What are you doing up? Do you know what time it is?"

Kami drew up to him, standing at his right side, seemingly regarding the pods. "I was about to say the same thing to you. You'll have many unpleasant tasks ahead of you in the coming days. It's not fair to make me get up to find you and scold you like a cub."

He slipped an arm around her, leading her around towards the door, glad for her presence. "And who said you had to get up? You could have just called me by combadge."

"And miss an opportunity to scold you? Mother Forbid."

TO BE CONTINUED...

Surefoot
Surefoot
205 Followers
1...345678