Surefoot 87: Art of Being Broken

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Counselor rested an elbow on the bartop as her drinks arrived, and she lifted up one of the glasses. "You have been. Now... take a break, start fresh later. You might need the break, if you do what I expect you to do." She downed her drink in one fluid motion, impressive to Sasha given the amount of alcohol in it.

Sasha frowned. "What are you talking about?"

The Counselor breathed in deeply, seemingly considering how to phrase her reply. "I expect that you'll ignore my advice and go ahead and propose to Mru. And you'll need a stiff drink to get over his response."

Sasha faced her now, her face, her whole body tightening. "His response? What do you know?"

The Counselor sighed. "Medical Confidentiality prevents me from revealing details about all of his doubts and fears about you, Sasha. But I don't really need to give away anything: you just have to look in the mirror and judge for yourself how suitable you'd be to anyone as a partner, let alone a parent to cubs."

She pushed the second, untouched drink towards her and departed into the crowd.

Sasha stared down at it, stunned.

And picked it up.

*

Kami emerged from the cubs' bedroom, only having just settled Sreen down back into bed - this time ensuring the exoframe was completely switched off this time. Poor little thing, it must have been some nightmare. And to be honest, their little lives were so tumultuous, it was astounding that there weren't more nights with bad dreams.

The door chimed as she was refilling her wine glass, and she carried her glass with her as she approached, wondering who would be visiting that time of night, when they could just send a comm- "Ange?"

Cadet Ange Boladede stood in the corridor, clearly livid with rage. A part of Kami had expected such a reaction to what he had undergone today; regardless of how much of it he had brought upon himself, it was natural to feel anger at being caught out. "Cadet, it's not appropriate to come to my quarters-"

"Bitch."

She glanced down, saw a phaser in his hand.

She instinctively tried to dodge and kick the weapon out of his grip.

She was quick.

He was quicker.

The energy bolt struck her, sending her flying backwards...

TO BE CONTINUED...