Surviving an EMP Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The driver was a bald overweight man who looked to be in his early sixties with a long scruffy gray beard that hung down to his chest. It was so thick that I couldn't tell if he was smiling or scowling.

The passenger was younger than the driver and he was overweight as well, but without the beard. And he was holding a rifle. Shit!

"It looks like you're having car trouble." The driver said.

Passenger guy laughed and spit a glob of tobacco juice close to my foot.

The driver turned his head and looked at him, "Shut up, Jr! And stop spitting in the presence of a lady!"

"Yes, Daddy." Jr. said.

"You'll have to forgive my boy, ma'am he has no manners. My wife and I have tried to raise him right, but he doesn't seem to be taken to it." He said and stepped to me extending his hand. "My name's, Frank."

I took his hand, "I'm Mason and this is my mother."

Lilly quickly stepped forward and shook Frank's hand, "My name's Lilly." she said giving him a charming smile.

"The pleasure is all mine, Miss Lilly." Frank said with the bow of his head.

Jr stepped forward and forcibly took Lilly's hand into his and he began pumping it, "My name's Jr!"

"Please to meet you too, Jr." Lilly said taking her hand back.

Jr.'s fat cheeks turned red and he chortled like some little school boy. But he most definitely wasn't a school boy. In fact he looked to be around my own age or maybe a little older.

Frank shook his head and popped him on the back of his head, "Calm down, Boy!"

Jr. looked down, "Sorry Daddy."

"Frank, how far is the nearest town from here?" Lilly asked.

He shrugged and tossed a thumb over his shoulder in the direction they'd just came. "Five miles that way. But they're not taking in anyone from the interstate." Frank frowned.

"What's that mean?" I asked.

Frank shrugged, "It means, son just what I said. They've closed off the town and they're turning people away."

"Oh my god, why?" Lilly asked putting a hand to her mouth.

"Well I reckon it's because they don't want their town flooded with a bunch of refugees." Jr smiled.

"Refugees?" Lilly snapped. "They're United States citizens!"

Frank shook his head, "I'm afraid that's not how the Mayor of Saluda is seeing things at the moment, Miss Lilly."

"But that's crazy!" I said.

"Not from his stand on things. He thinks he's protecting the town, Mason. Saluda is a small town and taking in hundreds, if not thousands of ref..." he stopped. "Taking in that many people would deplete the towns resources very quickly. And who knows how long this mess is gonna last."

I noticed as we were talking, Jr. was sneaking glances at Lilly. And they weren't nice glances either he was looking at her in all out lust to the point it was making Lilly feel uncomfortable. She slid up close to me.

I ignored him myself and spoke directly to Frank, "So what do you think happened, last night?" I asked.

He scratched his beard, "There are no lines of communication with anyone in the outside world. All the cellphones are dead. The power is non-existent. I'd say we've been hit with an EMP."

"Shit!" I said aloud. My heart sank. I knew exactly what an EMP was and what it meant to a nation like ours. The country was crippled if that was the case.

"What's an EMP?" Lilly asked.

I ignored her. I'd explain it to her later, "So we're out here on our own is what you are saying, Frank?" I said more than asked because I knew the answer.

He nodded, "I'm afraid so, son. And I'll tell you another thing too you don't want to get mixed up with those poor souls marching along the interstate. It's going to get bad soon. Real BAD! They'll start killing each other for scraps. And for whatever else they can take." He said and he glanced at Lilly. Jr. smirked.

I saw Lilly cringe.

I shook my head and stretched my hands out to my sides, "So what are we supposed to do?"

Frank shook his head sympathetically, "Just try to survive is all I can tell you, son."

"Can you help us?" Lilly asked.

Frank shook his head, "I could but I'm not. I mean I have a wife and two other sons to worry about." He said nodding at Jr. "I'm sorry but Jenny and I just don't have the means to do so, Mrs. Lilly."

"We could leave them with some food, Daddy." Jr. said.

Frank shot him a hard look and Jr. nodded at Lilly. The old man rolled his eyes, "No!"

"Ah come on, daddy. Please! She looks so nice!" Jr. pleaded.

I shook my head. It didn't take a genius to know what was on Jr's mind. He wanted to fuck Lilly in exchange for food.

"NO!" Lilly snapped. She knew what he was thinking to. "That's not gonna happen, Buster." She turned and walked around and climbed into the passenger seat to sulk.

Jr. laughed and rubbed his crotch. "Your Mom is fucking hot, Dude!"

I was beside myself that the question was even raised. I shook my head and turned to walk away but Frank took my arm.

"Think about it. You have no food nor any kind of supplies. I have all that in the bed of my truck. Pussy is a good currency." he winked.

"It sure is daddy!" Jr giggled.

I looked at Lilly she was waving for me to get inside. "She said No, Frank."

"Come on Man, convince her!" Jr. pleaded.

Frank tightened his grip on my arm and he hauled me around to the back of the truck. He threw the tarp back and my mouth dropped at all the cases of MRE's stacked up in the back.

"These are what the Military calls MRE's, Meals Ready To Eat."

"I know what they're called, Frank!" I said.

"They're still in date too!" Jr. chuckled.

I looked at the boxes and then looked over my shoulder at Lilly. She raised her arms and gave me a frustrated look. "Let me talk to her." I said. Damn I could feel my stomach begin to churn as I walked over to the Suburban. I didn't want to do this but shit we needed the food. I took a deep breath and opened the driver's door and climbed in.

"Why aren't they leaving?" she asked crossing her arms and giving me a look.

"Get in the back, Mom."

Lilly looked at me, her blue eyes wide in shock, "Why?"

I turned to face her, "Because you're gonna let them fuck you and your gonna do it for the food."

"NO I am NOT!" she snapped,

"Yes you are! Now get back there!!" I shouted.

"Mason I can't believe you're asking me to do this?"

"So you want to starve to keep your dignity, mom?!" I snapped.

"Mason, you can't ask me to do this! Please." tears began to well up in her blue eyes.

"Well they're gonna beat my ass and probably kill me and afterward they'll take you anyways. Just look at them, mom."

"My GAWD! Is that what they told you?!" she gasped.

I frowned and nodded and I did my best to look as pitiful as I could. I knew it wasn't right to play on her heart strings like this but heck I didn't want to starve to death.

Lilly went silent and she hung her head in defeat. She believed me. "I love you too much to see you get hurt, Mason." she crawled over the front seat and into the back and she began taking her clothes off.

I turned and looked at her, "I'm sorry, Mom?"

She shook her head, "I don't see as I have much of a choice, honey. I mean I don't want to see you to get hurt, nor do I relish the idea of being forcibly taken by those two brutes. Just make sure you get the food first."

I smiled, "I will, mom."

I got out and walked over to where the father and son duo were still standing, "Food first, then you can fuck her." Damn I felt like such a pimp.

Frank handed me two cases of MRE's and he and his son practically ran to the Suburban and climbed into the back. I grabbed a third case just as a bonus, for my acting skills. :-) Did I feel bad? A little I guess.

I carried the cases over and sat them down in front of the Suburban when

I heard laughter coming from the back.

"Damn Jr. slow down!" Frank laugh.

I walked around and looked through the back. Lilly was on her back and Jr. was balls deep inside her, fucking her like a whore. He was so fat I could barely see Lilly but I could sure see his big dick ramming in and out of her pussy as her big tits bounced back and forth. It was like watching a live porn show and wow watching my stepmom getting fucked made my dick hard.

Lilly turned her head when Jr. tried to kiss her and she caught me looking through the window. She just frowned and closed her eyes.

Jr. lasted another minute before he ejaculated and collapsed on top of her.

"Get off boy it's my turn!" Frank snapped rolling his son's girth off of her. Jr. looked as if her were about to pass out but old Frank didn't give a shit, he just had one thing on mind and he intended on getting it.

"Get on all fours girl!" he snapped and Lilly quickly obeyed. "That's a good girl. You know how to take orders don't you?" He gave her ass a slap and then positioned his mammoth girth behind her and he thrusts his stubby cock into her shaved pussy. Then he rests his big belly over her back and lays his entire weight against her petite body and he starts fucking Lilly hard and fast. "Ah fuckkk!" Frank gasped.

Lilly barely made a sound. Her thin arms shook from trying to hold up his enormous bulk until she finally collapsed beneath him. Thankfully Frank raises up on his hands and that's when he really starts banging the hell out of Lilly, to the point the Suburban is bouncing on its back shocks.

I couldn't watch anymore so I turned and walked over to the guardrail and looked down at the valley below. The semi truck that had gone over the railing last night lay in a heap at the bottom. There was barely anything left of it. I looked further out and that's when I saw the smoke. It looked as if it were coming from a chimney. Could it be from a cabin? I didn't see one but then the trees are so tall and thick.

"Ahhh Fuuccckk!!!" I heard Frank cry out.

Thank goodness it was over, was all I could think to myself.

The back passenger door opens and Jr. fell out of the Suburban ass first with his pants still down around his ankles. He cut me a hard look and stood and pulled his pants up, "Fucker!" he mumbled under his breath. Then he waddled over to the truck and climbed inside slamming the door shut.

Moments later the door opened on the Suburban and big, Frank gets out. He sees me and smiles, "Your Mom is a good fuck, I really wish I could take her with us. My boys would really love her, but then my wife Jenny would kill her." He winked and walked to the truck. I see him reach into the bed of the truck and remove a hiking pack and he motioned for me to come over.

So I walk over and he thrusts the pack into my hands, "Here's something you can carry the food in, boy. If I were you I'd take that pretty mother of yours and set to walking."

"And go where!" I snapped.

Frank nodded, "Okay I shouldn't be doing this, but I'll tell you anyways. Follow the interstate down to the foot of the mountain and get off at Exit 30. Don't head left because that'll take you towards town. Go right and follow that road for about a mile until you come upon a green cattle gate. It blocks the entrance to a gravel driveway. Just walk around the gate and follow that road up and you'll find a small cabin up there. I know the folks that own the place, they're in Florida right now and they only use it during the summers. I can't say for sure if it's stocked or not but you already have food." He smirked.

Yeah thanks to, Lilly I thought to myself.

"You and your Mom head there, do you understand me?"

I nodded.

Frank clapped my shoulder, "Good luck, Boy." and with that said, he got in his truck, cranked it and drove away. As the truck was about disappear around the bend I saw Jr. stick his hand out the window and he shot me the bird as a parting farewell. I flipped him a bird of my own and I made my way over to the Suburban.

I opened the back passenger door to find Lilly brushing her long blond hair.

"I hope you don't mind that I borrowed a few of your clothes."

"I don't mind at all, mom." I said and I certainly didn't mind that she had on my F.S.U. pull-over hoodie and a pair of my old grey gym pants. And I must say she certainly looked better in them than I did. She turned her head to look at me but then looked away I don't think she wanted me to see that she'd been crying.

"I'm sorry, Mom?" I asked climbing into the back with her.

She shook her head, "It's not your fault, Mason. They were a couple of pigs and I didn't want you getting hurt." She said, giving me a wounded smile.

I nodded.

Lilly reached out and touched my cheek, "Don't worry darling I'm just processing all of this Mason. I'll be fine." she gave me a wink and continued brushing her hair. Brushing her hair relaxed her and it always has.

"You do know that we can't stay here, mom."

She stopped brushing and sighed, "I know Mason, but where will we go? Hendersonville seems a world away right now. And without a vehicle I just don't see how we can make it back home." I could hear the anxiety creeping into her voice now and I think it was finally dawning on her of just how fucked we are.

I crawled over and put my arm around her shoulder and pulled her to me, "Frank told me about a place that we could possibly hold up in for a little while. It's a small cabin at the foot of the mountain. He said that the people that own the place are in Florida and they only use it during the summer."

She looked at me with a bit of hope in her expression. But then she frowned, "But it belongs to someone else, honey. I mean we would have to break into it. Right?"

I nodded, "Most likely."

She shook her head, "Oh gosh, how has it all come to this?"

"Like Frank said, he suspects that it's an EMP that's caused all of this mess. An EMP is an Electromagnetic Pulse and it's caused when a nuclear missile is detonated in the Stratosphere above us. The energy from the blast destroys all computers and knocks out communications. And anything with computer chips in them, are rendered useless, hence the reason there are so many stranded cars on the highway.

"My poor little Suburban." Lilly said with a pout.

I nodded and rolled my eyes, "Little my ass!" I laughed, "I like to have never gotten this thing stopped last night."

She smiled, "I remember when Thomas and I purchased it. I thought it was too big myself. But he was so worried about me getting hurt in an accident. You know your father."

I laughed and looked around, "Well Dad was right in that aspect, this thing is built like a tank. If we would have been driving a normal car that pick up truck would have plowed over us like a freight train." I said and nodded toward the back. "Hell it didn't even break the back glass."

Lilly nodded, "The driver is dead isn't he?"

I frowned and nodded, "Yes mom he is."

She closed her eyes and put a hand to her stomach, "Do you think he suffered?"

"Trust me, mom when I say he went quick." and that was all I had to say on the subject.

Lilly's mouth suddenly dropped and her eyes went wide as she looked over my shoulder.

I turned to see what it was. It was snowing and it was falling hard against the front windshield, "Are you fucking kidding ME! I guess the trek down the mountain is gonna have to wait!"

"Oh Mason we're gonna freeze to death tonight!"

"Stop freaking out, mom! Were not gonna die."

She laid her head against my shoulder.

"Do you trust me?" I asked

She looked up at me with tear filled eyes, "Honey? You know I trust you."

I smiled and stroked her blond hair, of course she trusted me. Lilly was a woman who was used to a man taking charge. My dad was that type of man and now I was gonna have to be that kind of a man. It's on me to get us through this. I too felt as apprehensive but I had to put on a brave face because she's depending on me. "You're gonna have to do everything I tell you, mom."

Again she nodded and lowered her head, "I think I've done that already, Mason. Have I not?"

I knew she was talking about Frank and Jr. I put a hand under her chin and turned her face to make her look at me, "We're gonna get through this, mom I swear." I said, but it was an empty promise, because at this point in time I didn't know if we were going to make it or not.

"I know, Honey. I trust you and I'll do whatever you say."

I opened the door and started to climb out but she took my arm to stop me "Mason...?"

"Trust is not questioning everything I do!" I snapped and I instantly felt bad about it.

Lilly released my arm, "Please don't be angry with me, honey."

I took her hand and squeezed it gently, "I'm sorry I snapped at you. I'm not mad, Okay? I just need to check out a few more of these vehicles before it gets too bad outside."

She nodded and kissed me on the cheek, "Just please be careful, Mason. I can't do this without you."

"Why, careful is my middle name my dear mother." I said with a reassuring smile then I got out and quickly pushed the door shut. The thick snow peppered my skin as I retrieved the cases of food that I had put in front of the Suburban. I placed them inside on the front passenger seat.

Then I took the backpack that Frank had given me and I began going through the abandoned cars again as fast as I could. 45 minutes later it was so cold that I could barely feel my hands. And the snow was falling faster and harder. But all and all I'd scavenged some useful items. I found a yellow crow bar, a bottle of MD 20/20 or Mad Dog 20/20 as my buddies would call it, a large handmade quilt, and a pink hello kitty back pack. And last but certainly not least, I found four large candles, made by the Yankee Wax Company, each candle was in a glass container with a pop off lid.

I felt pretty darn good about my haul as I made my way back to the Suburban. I spotted an empty water bottle with a red thong and a few handy wipes on the ground next to the passenger door. Lilly had cleaned herself, well douched her pussy rather.

"Well that means we only have two more bottles of water left." I said to myself. I felt kinda angry that she'd wasted our water like that. But then on the other hand I could understand her desire to wash, I mean Frank and Jr. both stank to high heaven.

I opened the door and climbed into the back anxious to show Lilly what I had found.

She was as pleased as I was, especially over the blankets and candles. She snatched the hand made blanket from my arms and wrapped it around her. "Oh this is going to be so warm tonight!"

I laughed at her and sat back and watched her wriggle her small body around until the blanket covered her tightly from head to toe.

"What?" Lilly asked, poking her head out of the blanket.

"You look like a freaking burrito, mom!"

"Well I'm a warm burrito, Mason and that's all that matters." she giggled.

It was good to see her smiling again.

I opened a case of MRE's and I took out a food pack. It was labeled spaghetti dinner in fact every package in the case was the same. I used the blade of my newly acquired Ka-Bar to open the pack.

Lilly frowned at the sight of the knife, "Is that something that you just found or have you always had it?"

"I found it in the truck behind us. I figure it'll come in handy on the hike home."

She folded her arms and shuddered, "You know I hate weapons of any kind, Mason. But you never know when we might need it."

"Yep things have changed, mom."

We had to eat the spaghetti dinner cold but we devoured it like it was going to be our last meal. Heck we even ate the baked snack cracker with the squeeze cheese. After we finished, Lilly laid back and rested her head on her suitcase, "Gosh I'm so full."

I reached back and took the wool blanket from my gym bag and I spread it out on the floor, then I took the quilt from Lilly.

"Hey where are you going with that buster?" she said playfully.

I ignored her and laid it over the top of the blanket to make a pallet. Then I crawled beneath the blankets and began undressing.