All Comments on 'Surviving When The Lights Went Out'

by Androgynousother

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Rape when used as a plot device to create tension and conflict really really pisses me off. Bangs head against the wall.

Cracker270Cracker270over 3 years ago

Damn but that was a good well written story. Wish there were more stars available.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 3 years ago
Great Story

Thank you for your hard work.

Through trials and danger our couple flourished. Good on them.

I haven't read any of your other stories but I will remedy that in short order.

Thanks again.

Woodmanone

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 3 years ago

Wow! Thank you, AO. You wrote quite the tale! Look forward to your next. Five stars, of course. Randi.

MisterMordinMisterMordinover 3 years ago
Silly

Got halfway through and couldn't take anymore. James and Jack could not possibly be behaving so stupid in a reality of food riots, chaos, and an armed psycho taking over the manor. You strung it out too much.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

I cant give this more than 3 stars at best, by page nine before he lost his shit and blew up the fact he knew Mac was a fraud and TURNED HIS BACK on him he had no less than three chances to load the shot gun and shoot him, had he kept his mouth shut and reiterated the shower thing he would have had a fourth,

I cant believe anyone would be that stupid, also given his penchant to eat everything he could get his hands on why not poison him?

.

Then after it is over the first thing they do is leave their weapons lying in the dirt and take a fucking BATH? Did they learn nothing about being prepared for looters?

I'm revising my vote to two stars

.

WTF!?!?

He wastes time effort an energy to set up a fake suicide and leaves behind a perfectly usable weapon?

ONE STAR - stupidity MUST be punished

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved This Story

Quite an adventure. It gave me a few hours of enjoyment reading this story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sheesh

The Brits... If that had happened in Texas he’d have woken up in his sleeping bag that first morning with two bolts and a load of shotgun pellets in his body.

Also, TMI.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Wow - quite the novel for this site, on several levels. It was very detailed and well written so easily worth 5*. Did it drag in places, absolutely, and there are a couple other plot lines I would have done different. Most important one was after the POS raped his girlfriend and went out to brag to Jim. He knew his girl was raped at that point but only put two shots into him? NFW - I would have emptied the entire first clip in him, but that's just me (and 95% of the ret of the male population). First time reading you - good job even if a bit long.

charlie48charlie48over 3 years ago

Great tale, the description of the area is spot on.

Thanks, and after this year a believable story of a breakdown of law and order.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

5!!!

Shortiemick88Shortiemick88over 3 years ago
Another great story

I've watched the great British public twist and turn against the establishment and take advantage of 'opportunities' to start a riot. It's not often but I have seen it occasionally since in my youth when I sat nervously watching riots in Brixton which were a mere ten miles from our house. Do I detect a dig at the predicted food shortages and price increases after Christmas as our once great nation topples towards 'no deal', AO?

I have to disagree with the previous critic - Yeah the actions of James and Jack might seem a bit odd but this is a STORY. People often appear a bit weird in STORIES. I liked this one, it got five stars from me.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 3 years ago
Don't normally read much in the Romance section...

... but, damn, that was a good, no, make that very good, story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great!

Thank you. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Interesting and Dark

I have enjoyed you stories for a long time. This went in some unexpected directions, but it was an engaging story.

I confess, I kept waiting for Jimmy to put on his best De Niro squint and start yelling, “what color is the boathouse at Hereford? Just answer the question!”

Connar1Connar1over 3 years ago

As said below, interesting and dark! A long story but I hardly noticed and as it led me along the path to Jim's house it was a real page turner.

More Androgynousother excellent characters to get to know and like or dislike as appropriate and the believe able interaction. I even like that the author tries to drag in some pity for Mac at the end, another AO trademark.

I too see a blatant throw at the food shortages that will result with 'No deal', and I really hope those blue (black actually) passports (printed in France) are going to be worth the shit the ordinary British public will suffer just so the millionaires and billionaires are still able to avoid paying tax, I can't see what other benefit the tax paying person in the British street will get.

patilliepatillieover 3 years ago
Very nice story

a bit long, and was a bit of a slog pages 12 and on, but overall entertaining tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Shotgun???

In a conversation after Mac arrived, Jimmy states that the shotgun was in the broom closet with the shells. When he came down the 1st or even 2nd morning, why didn’t he just go and grab the shotgun and defuse the whole situation. The whole situation could have been defused so much quicker.

Overall a decent read. Because of the overlook of usage of the shotgun, which if I was in Jimmy’s position wouldn’t have thot twice about, I give it a 3

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 3 years ago

Very good apocalyptic survival story. As for the lack of guilt... one never knows whether they’re able to pull the trigger, until faced with the need. A friend went through it during a riot last summer.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

Over all a good story cause no one knows how they will act when push comes to shove and to kill even an idiot is not easy.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 1 year ago

Not sure of the point of engaging with him verbally. Get him out of house, get shotgun. Game over. Pages of stupidity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Should have bludgeoned Mac wile he slept. Problem solved.

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerabout 1 year ago

🙄🙄🤔🙄👍👍👌👌☝️keep um coming !!!

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter11 months ago

It was a good story and enough to get you thinking apocalyptically, but there were huge holes in the logic, even though it did give the story more colour. The first night the wanker fell asleep all they had to do was get out the shotgun, put it under his chin and it was all over! Failing that, seeing as how they both knew ow to stalk they could have ambushed the idiot with the crossbow easily enough. Oh well, fun read, good imagination, and realism is for biographies, not necessarily novellas!

dgfergiedgfergie8 months ago

Quite a tale, good writing, a little drawn out, the sex a bit titillating. A story worth 5 stars

LifeisadventureLifeisadventure4 months ago

Excellent story. Got a little slow at times with unnecessary detail but then also some very exciting scenes. Excellent characters, fun off beat romance as our main characters develop a great relationship. 5 stars

Pjam1968Pjam19683 months ago

To much going around justifying the kill of the rapist. This was almost an pos apocalíptic cenário , and that puts persons in survival mode more quick

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersabout 1 month ago

Not sure what time this set, could almost be now really.

Liked the story, I too felt they could have overwhelmed the Walt, when he took the rifle into his sleeping bag, the bag would have held him captive.

The sex scenes were really erotic.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndrogynousother@Androgynousother
Let's not kid ourselves, I write long stories with happy endings - whatever section they're uploaded to, and my characters tend to drink tea and eat bacon and egg sandwiches, might as well tell you now. If you don't like my characters or what they do, please remember they are...

SIMILAR Stories