All Comments on 'Susan's Sunrise'

by Tomh1966

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Buster2UBuster2U8 months ago

Whoa, talk about being poor! A story like this about the coal miners of West Virginia makes a person glad to have a lot more than those poor folks. Good Writing, Thank You for a good effort. Thks, Buster2U 5 stars

RanDog025RanDog0258 months ago

Excellent story! You did very good and brought out the emotions the story intended. Excellent writing skills here and with "Shotgun!" I am very happy to have followed you. Thank you very much and am glad you told us you are working on and addition to this. Worthy of 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS. Again, thank you bunches and bunches!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades7 months ago

A help to filling in the details. Thanks for your writing.

RobertJNortonRobertJNorton7 months ago

This "story" was so well written that it became REAL to me. Thanks for the entertainment---Now i I demand more---don't dump me here--- write a continuing Sequel well into the future (at least 6 puts) or l threaten to put "1 Stars" on all your stories, future and past. I need a real church wedding with Susan, Earl, and all of Andrews family and friends; receptions at the Johnson resort. I want Kelsey to continue working at the resort, but also to finish her degree at local college ( no go away for last two years, on line if you need)-- I want Kelsey to become manager then CEO of resort and upon Ms Johnson death, the owner. I want Susan to come live at, and be employed by, the resort. I want 2 kids and a couple of Christmases. Finally I want two old married folks sitting by the fire, naked, looking at the lake and talking about how wonderful life is, if you live each other and are willing to chance it all on each other.

And write it SOOOON

Tomh1966Tomh19667 months agoAuthor

Wow Robert, glad you like them. Yes, Sequels are being written. Understand I have TWO jobs and work between 60 and 80 hours a week. This is my escape.

The first sequel each after Shotgun and Susan's Sunrise are being written in parallel for reasons that will be very apparent in the sequels. This slows down writing A LOT as I cross reference the stories to each other. The stories will diverge somewhat afterwards. Why will also be apparent once you see them.

Soon isn't happening. I agonized for three fucking weeks putting together Susan's lovers and eventual love interest. As I mentioned in a post somewhere. Susan grew from 8 lines and an awful turd of a human to who she became as I wrote the story and she evolved. The only big hint is I am going to stop torturing poor Susan. She has already had 5 lifetimes of bullshit and the road is mostly up, not down. I don't promise that she will have NO drama tho!

As for CEO, uh, yeah no. I've been the boss. It blows. Understand, Andrew already owns his house FREE AND CLEAR and has a million and a half in a trust he will control 3 years later. He earns somewhere around 100K a year with no mortgage or rent. Once graduated, Kelsey will be earning 50-60K TO START. 150K+ per year with no mortgage is plenty of money unless you are an extraordinary moron.

Note away to college is not away. The college I mentioned is fake and somewhere reasonably local. 2+2 degrees save money. (2 years SUNY then transfer) Long distance relationships don't work and I am not taking Susan or Kelsey into Loving Wives territory. (Well directly. hehe_)

Susans wedding... hehehe

Mrs Johanssen is a board member, one of 5 to 9 people, one of which is the director but it's not Mrs. Johansen. Homeowners have shares like many yacht clubs do. Don't think of this as some kind of mega-resort. Its 3 star, not 5, they just have a lot of land that is mostly empty forest. Being a nudist place means there is more outdoor stuff for the summer. It grew organically since the beginning so is a bit of a hodge podge. You have cabins next to houses next to converted office trailers. Middletown NY is fucking cold in January so understand seasonality.

I'm not killing off Mrs. Johanssen. She's a sweet grandma character who happens to be naked.

One more hint. One of your wishes is coming true directly... but which one?

GardenshedGardenshed7 months ago

Great story, I want more too…. ended to quickly. 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Thanks for sharing

inka2222inka22226 months ago

The approach to Susan definitely worked. Thank you for the excellent and entertaining read and have a well deserved another 5 stars.

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright5 months ago

That was a real feel good story, I teared up when I read how proud she was that she had finally done something big.

XluckyleeXluckylee5 months ago

These stories are so good. I can't wait to read more 5 happy stars from Xluckylee

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTomh1966@Tomh1966
Note that I am rarely on Saturday and Sunday which can cause delays in... well anything to do with this site. Currently working on Fixing the past 5. Stuck majorly. Heartbreak and Hope 6, 7 8 and 9. 6 and 7 are 90 % done. 8 and 9 will move the story well into their year. ...