All Comments on 'Sweet, Sweet Revenge'

by hubbyfantasies

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 10 years ago
How is Mark doing?

It seems that the boss had a split personality and the bad half, Fred, needed to be killed because he was wasn't a nice guy. There is no better reason for murder. You have to love a wife that kills people that annoy her. I hope she treats Mark and John a lot better!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 10 years ago
In spite of how well written this is,

it's still a little boring. It's also in the wrong category, should be in non-erotic.

Even so, I still loved the writing and gave it a 5 based on pure talent.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Great Drive By Story

Wow that's some snapshot of life

puppydog3674puppydog3674over 10 years ago
OK that made no sense

that was like apple, apple, apple ,here's a watermelon, do what, where did that come from

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
I do not understand

Do two name belong to one man???

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well Done!

I liked your pacing, and appreciated the "camera-view"-like changes in the narrative descriptions. Actually, you caught me up in the plot-twist, and so you were successful in your carefully authored misdirection. Overall, a finely crafted flash story, and a welcome entry into the lexicon of revenge tales stored here on this site. Thank you very much for your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
???

???? WTF Names are so confusing, that this is not Sweet sweet sweet.

Sorry

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

You have decent writing skills, but the ending outweighed the buildup. It was difficult for it to have the kind of impact I am sure you intended.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
You either

confused Mark and Fred or most of your readers. Clear communication, even if you use plot twists to add interest is still required of an author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Well that thoroughly confused the hell out of me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Shit, pure and simple

Poorly written, jumping between scenes without indications, just a total waste of time.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Huh? Wha?

Kill a guy because he is a jerk? For what his money? Investigation gone cold? Are you nuts? The wife will always be the first suspect, and barring no others appearing, the cops will just sit on her and her aquaintences until someone spills. It won't take all that long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Who in the hell is Fred???????

Am I missing something here?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
That was a mess.

I realize you were trying to be creative by flipping back and forth between Marsha and Elizabeth's povs and then dropping John's AND the narrator's into the mix, but it really just turns into nothing more than a mash-up. Doesn't work at all.

And the fact that you can't seem to decide whether your bad guy is named Mark or Fred.

Then of course there's the "sweet" revenge. You sort of touched on it - calling him "borderline" abusive rich guy, but borderline isn't the same as being abusive. Since when is him being a shitty boss and an even shittier husband a sentence worthy of death? Why is Elizabeth compelled to murder her sister's husband? Are they both greedy money-grubbing whores, and she wants to make sure her sister gets ALL of the man's money instead of just half of it in a divorce? Or is she a psychotic bitch who pretends to be "loving" by murdering anyone who doesn't appreciate her husband's godhood? Why is Elizabeth a criminal mastermind that can't possibly be caught by the police? Getting a family member to off a spouse isn't new or even rare. You've offered no motive as to why anyone but his wife and family would be suspects.

None of it really makes sense. You badly need an editor.

I'm not going to score you down because I feel like you were trying to be experimental and failed completely. Experimentation is great, but if it was a "twist" for the sake of being a twist, you need to read some Books of Twisted Stories type genre/anthologies to understand how to do them well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Editer???

May I suggest more character development. 3 pages is not too long. I'm sure it's in your head. You just didn't get it on the screen.

johnnyjonesjohnnyjonesover 10 years ago
That...

... was hard the read, mate. Mark or Fred? You had the essence of a good idea in pulling the various viewpoints along chronologically but the story suffered because you didn't delineate them we'll enough. Was this given to an editor?

njlaurennjlaurenover 10 years ago
Hard to read

With the names and such.For anon,fred is not a jerk,he is obviously abusive,forcing your cock in her mouth,hitting her,throwing her to the floor,is abuse,maybe not in Fox News Land where women are property,but it is.I agree that the revenge is cloudy,like why does elizabeth bother to mask herself,and what is the gift for jogn,having the sister,too? Interesting idea,just needs to be less muddled..

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What does Fox News have to do with anything?

Fox News could be Fred I guess

ariesgirlariesgirlover 10 years ago

On the fence with this one. Got more confused at the end. Who is Fred? Was that a typo?

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 10 years ago
nice idea

But the execution failed. Mark/Fred and his insanity vs the world OK. Taking Elizabeth from jilling to killing was a mis-step, as was Marsha being John's sister-in-law. I liked your concept, just it needed a lot of tuning to work.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 10 years ago
Good short story

I liked it. I did not find the changing pov distracting, it moved the plot along well. Was there really any reason for Fred becoming Mark? It seemed to have no reason other than Marsha spoke to Fred but John spoke to Mark. Fred/Mark did not appear to be two different personalities. Have I missed something there? The bigger question is what else had Fred done to give Elizabeth enough motive to kill him. Just being an asshole is not sufficient for murder.

martshubby12martshubby12over 10 years ago

Good story Got confused in the middle. Who is Mark? That was a simple mistake but got you only four stars.

Richie4110Richie4110over 10 years ago
Confusing read

This story has potential but should be developed better and edited better

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Get a proof reader

This is fraught with horrible gaffs. Is Mark and Fred the same man?

Really, this is so hard to read, so confusing I really do not know what happened to whom and who it was that did it.

What is the object of this story? Revenge? Who perpetrated it? Why?

You have a lot of work to do before you will be able to call yourself a writer. Personally, I doubt that you'll make the effort.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Good Read***

If I was John I would be very careful what I said or did to Liz. Thanks for sharing

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Miss! BIG miss!

Second paragraph "... the bonus would afford HE (something)"

No, HIM! Very fundamental. Then it gets worse!

Most of what the 'happy couple' recall is actually irrelevant to the story! Makes NO difference! Why hide the 'sister' relationship? The two wives being related is also irrelevant! A novice hit-lady offs her Hubby's boss, and the cops can't find the killer? They won't bother to check Boss's Sweetie's recent calls? Including one to her Sis, who will now test positive for gunpowder for several more days (in addition to Jill-off Juice!) Very implausible! Sweetie Liz tells Hubby how her evening went ... "Honey, I smoked Fred, but MARK and Marsha will probably live happily ever after!". Hubby reacts with aplomb ... "Yeah, but there goes my HUGE bonus that FRED promised!"

1*. Just TOO bad, plus NO LOVING WIFE involved!!!

Alberta  AlAlberta Alover 10 years ago
It works

The darting back and forth between the 4 characters was irritating at first but fit in over the story.

The confusion between Fred and Mark was very distracting.

The ending grew on me.

Over all a very good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Clever

While the cops are searching for Fred's killer, Mark's killer will escape unnoticed.

Or maybe the other way around...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Splitlicker is a fucking retard.

5*

Great story

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
A DOUBLE-UP, UPFRONT PAYBACK

and its not revenge since you were not the hurtee. TK U MLJ LV NV

jeeter4ujeeter4uover 10 years ago
Confused

I liked the back and forth between Marsha and Elizabeth's lives and discovering they were sisters. A bit of a reach but OK within the context of a "story". But you lost me with the two characters John and Mark. They seemed to be the same person. Maybe it's me, but I doubt it. I'll be interested to see what may be coming next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Just too damn confusing

And I read it twice. Next time just kill everyone and then it will make some kind of sense. Otherwise you end up with this pile of garbage.

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 10 years ago
Nice little flash story

Except for the constant mix-ups with Fred/Mark I found it entertaining and not that hard to follow.

Good one. Just need one more proof read before posting.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Hmmm..

Could have been better. I don't care if he's Mark or Fred, he was an asshole either way. Needed more content to be able to rate it.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
0*

You left the readers in the dark here. Revenge for what? FTDS! Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow!

I didn't see that one coming at all. The story was so short and so void of information about the characters that I just didn't even imagine any kind of ending like that.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
A LOT OF MYSTERY INVOLVED

amidst a family quadrangle, TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
Could have been a good story

But all 5 of the 4 people were messed up. Even if the constant name errors were corrected it would still have been unclear who did what to whom and why.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a senseless story

1*

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
He deserved it

Not sure that I fully understood this, but happy Fred, or Mark is dead. Is he Fred or Mark, or a dual personality? Did I miss something?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Mixed up names

Can't keep Fred from becoming Mark? Or was it Mark becoming Fred?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really interesting story!

Yes, Mark became Fred in the ending. Big deal, you're not paid enough!

Neat literary trick, rotating perspectives.

The ending, disregarding the name change, needs to be tightened up, clarified.

In the end, the world is a better place. John has a good wife who happens to also be a murderer, Mark/Fred is dead - good riddance, Elizabeth and Martha are in a better place.

A slight hole. How did Elizabeth get to and from Mark/Fred & Martha's house? I must have missed that.

Neat reveal that Martha and Elizabeth are sisters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

John. Marsha. Elizabeth. Fred. This story turns everywhere but loose.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

"..tennis ball sized nipples..."? Not even in fiction!

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuturealmost 2 years ago

Um confused at rhe start made me stop reading, Fred, Mark, John, worked out who John was but how the writer transcribed Mark and Fred wasn't very well put across, read other readers comments about how Fred was Mark or became Mark, but from the early onset you as a writer didn't male this transition very clear making it appear to be poor writing where writers have no idea who they are writing about. Hence 3 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fred's dead. Is Fred Mark? WTF??

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

POORLY written, far too little background to support the story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Who is Mark?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This is a callous and careless treatment of a topic as serious as murder. The author shows immaturity (regardless of his/her chronological age) and poor judgment with this submission.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous