Sweet Venom Arc 03 Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It was. I needed the yuskol to see that she has been heard. I don't intend on taking any actual action against you, I just can't have her knowing that. Ideally, she completes her course, leaves the station and never says a word to anyone."

"Did you scare the shit out of her with the NDA crap?"

Evangeline scowled slightly at Scyler's words.

"An NDA is not 'crap,' Scyler. They serve an incredibly important function. But yes. I reminded her of what was at stake. And, speaking of, I think it would serve you well to remember what's at stake too."

"Oh don't nag me, I was having a bad night. I'm a field agent, stuck at base for the foreseeable future, doing admin, for goodness sake. And besides, none of the guys are gonna like that yuskol after this, people already know she's tattled to you on the 'hero' of the station. No - you know what? I'm pissed about this. I want to raise a grievance!" A tremendously smug look stretched over Scyler's face as he drank in his own words. "A king's-damned newbie is trying to drag my good name through the mud! I won't have it!"

"You cannot raise a grievance against someone else's grievance, Scyler." The dragoness rolled her eyes, sighing dramatically. "Moving swiftly on, I don't think she's a candidate for long term employment here any further. Her ethics are too rigid. I'd hoped she would be more malleable but she was unwavering; it was rather impressive for a student."

"Not everyone is built to do what we do." Scyler remarked in a serious tone.

"There's certainly truth in that. If she keeps quiet, I see no reason to take further action. I will watch her closely, and ensure she doesn't put herself or anyone else in danger. I -"

Suddenly, Evangeline stopped. Her eyes slowly swept across the room, deep in thought and heavy with concern.

"Is... everything alright? Having a seizure? Need a cream cake?" Scyler asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We're overdue." Evangeline uttered softly. "I... need you to scrub your reports."

"What?!" Scyler stood from his chair, irritated.

"Scrub them! I need our reports bulletproof. We recovered a corpse from Barru X, Scyler, do you understand?"

"But I've already done -"

"- Then double and triple check your work. Jace is like a dog with a bone, he will not let go if you give him so much as an inch. Send me everything once you're done. I must ensure the other teams have completed their reports stating that the corpse has since been destroyed. Our timeline must be immaculate."

"Jace? Wait, do you know he's coming?"

"I don't, but I strongly suspect. What I do know is how that man thinks. Mooki's little rebellion is a timely reminder of what we're doing here. We might understand the weight of our work, but the Royal Military Division will not see it in the same way."

"Understood. Bulletproof." Scyler nodded, taking his leave from the room sharply.

He'd better not send Theo. That rhargnorn always scratches the floors with his ridiculous leg. She thought to herself, tapping the pocket on her waist coat.

...It's going to be Theo.

*

It's a little cramped in here, cosy though! Mooki thought, ducking under a shelf welded onto the wall. Her desk was firmly bolted against the wall in what felt like an oversized utility cupboard, but it had an odd, old-fashioned sort of charm to it; just as well really, as this would be her new office for the next six months.

She paused as she noticed a brown stain in her thigh from earlier, sighing loudly as she realised that Evangeline would have most definitely seen that.

Not the best first impression... at least she seems to be doing something though!

She shuddered uncomfortably as the memories of seeing that czarite in the lab hit her again... The gore, the torture, the sound of the Scyler's voice... She jolted up, and banged her head painfully on the corner of the shelf.

"Ouch! Dammit!" She sucked some air tightly in through her teeth and felt the side of her head for

injury, but she seemed fine. She ducked again and sat down in her new old creaky chair, clearly bought from some sort of clearance sale some time ago. At least it was quiet here.

But she couldn't help but feel that she was suddenly very, very alone.

12