All Comments on 'Sweetest of Hearts - Melissa'

by UltimateSin

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
JiZenJiZenalmost 2 years ago

A very very good one, i liked this one much more.

So thank you.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 2 years ago

Great, great story. Love it. AAAAAA++++++

ca_daveca_davealmost 2 years ago

I loved the original series, but in many ways this was better. Thank you 5*

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 2 years ago

This is more of a fairytale than a story, but I still loved it. Lots of different emotions and feelings going around that make it interesting to read. The ending, with them banging away into their twilight years, is the fairytale part. Life kinds of slows down after a certain age and snuggling and cuddling are more the norm.

Please don't have Mark screw around on Melissa with one of the girls friends. It would make a lie out of this story and the love between Mark and Melissa. Thanks

Bronco56Bronco56almost 2 years ago

Fantastic love story. Loved it.

5stars

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

2 wonderful stories, same wonderful characters. Not really interested in the daughter's friends version though....

DevilbobyDevilbobyalmost 2 years ago

I love this story I give it five stars without hesitation, you've got the emotions just right and I can see quite easily how someone who had been betrayed to the level that Melissa had would take a long time before risking that level of relationship again. Thank heaven for friends eh.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

As I often do, I have one plot line that I just can’t get my head around. There is no way a high functioning attorney (in any country) would let themselves be photographed in various stages of undress by a boyfriend. Other than that I absolutely loved the story. 5*

obscure72obscure72almost 2 years ago

Great story and a great read. Five stars!

Southpaw1430Southpaw1430almost 2 years ago

I like this story. I thought her character in the first version was likable, this version was better. Found this by chance. Glad I looked. Thanks.

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53almost 2 years ago

Magnificent. Another 5 stars.

Aoife_from_UlsterAoife_from_Ulsteralmost 2 years ago

Phenomenal, a great alternative ending 5*’s

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

wonderful story.5⭐

I love. 2 broken people finding each other to create something beautiful, lasting, warm, something bigger than they thought possible.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

It was an amazing 6 star story... right up until the end of last page where for some unfathomable reason they decided to be nice to the ex. Still 4 stars but meh, what a disappointment.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

too much detailed sex

RamazaRamazaabout 1 year ago

Well, that was a rather “normal” but also a very boring story, I much prefer the original series, still good, but ohh so boring.

CaptainFrostBiteCaptainFrostBiteabout 1 year ago

What a great alternate conclusion!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Normally I don't read the regular romance stories (I prefer the incest-flavoured ones, for my own reasons, though perhaps surprisingly it's not a sexual or kink thing) but this one that I happened across was just... wow. Two people that have been hurt in similar ways - a betrayal and hurt that no one should ever have to endure - help each other and fall in love. Their love heals each others' wounds and they share a wonderful and long life together. It's the stuff of legend :)

There was even a little bit of humour woven in as well, like at the end of Mark and Melissa's first time having sex. That was a nice touch. Really lifted my spirits after the depressing mood of all that hurt and betrayal. I was more than a little annoyed that it immediately went back to the depressing tone because right after that there was barely any contact between them for months. What the fuck? Her reasoning did nothing but annoy me, especially that second part (the first I could understand to an extent, but do you really thing someone that went through what he did is honestly capable of then doing it to someone else, especially the person that got you through the worst period in your life? Be real).

Emily gets the MVP award. Saying what we're all thinking. She literally saved the whole thing. Props to her! We all need a good friend like that in our lives.

I think the best part of this story for me personally is Melissa and just how much I can relate to her. What she went through describes perfectly my biggest fear. The hurt she feels so deeply, and the effect her ex-husband's and ex-best friend's betrayal had on her, is one of the main reasons I live such a closeted life and why my emotions are incredibly guarded. Like she was in those six months, I'm afraid of trusting and being hurt so deeply by someone I invest my heart and soul in, but I do realise (like she did eventually) you have to take that risk to find the happiness you seek.

One of the worst things about such a betrayal like the one Mark or Melissa experienced, aside from the gut-wrenching hurt and shock at the discovery of it, is the fact that your memories and experiences of the times you shared together become cloudy and tainted. It's like a retroactive pain and any time you think back, all the good times tend to become soured with the knowledge that they ultimately weren't good enough to prevent what happened. It's actually quite heartbreaking. I think if people were more aware of this, they would, like me, simply be incapable of such a terrible thing.

When Melissa moved in and Mark's daughters said they were going to call her "mum", I couldn't help but get a little emotional; it was just the sweetest, most beautiful thing. Then of course the ending - with a stellar epilogue - was simply wonderful. They got their happily ever after and everything they wanted from life all along. And after all they went through, they certainly deserved it. The mention of the karmic justice on Claire was satisfying. The guy she had the affair with, had an affair with someone else. Yes people, that will more than likely happen to you if you have an affair, so remember that if you are ever considering doing it and ask yourself: is it really worth it? Do you really want to throw away everything you have for that? You might be surprised how much a little communication can help. The therapist in the story pretty much said as much - and she is bang on the money.

Hands down, one of the most wonderful stories I've ever read. 5 stars doesn't do it justice, but sadly it's the most I'm allowed to award it. I certainly hope to read more of this kind of thing in future. You're truly a talented author. I hope you get the recognition you deserve. I'm tempted to dip into some of the other pure romance stories if they're anything like this.

DuncanitaDuncanita6 months ago

I've read this story after the "original" sweetest of hearts, i must say that i liked this 1 a little bit more, so i'll give this 10 stars😉

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well, they moved way too fast, obviously, but what the hell. It's a short, fantasy romance, and it's beautiful!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userUltimateSin@UltimateSin
Been over six months since I've updated this and thought I should let people know what I'm up to. Stories to come: Abyss. Single chapter. Incest. Apex. Multiple chapters. Multiple categories (starting in Incest). CURRENTLY WRITING AND MAIN FOCUS FOR NOW. Blind Date. Multip...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories